ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rohit alag hi mood mei hai

Incredible and brave batting by him

good to see rohit not slowing down despite losing his opening partner

I would have bowled Cummins now.

Hazlewood is struggling to bowl to Sharma here

They need to keep Kohli on strike as much as possible for the Hazlewood overs. Rohit is picking him but Hazlewood’s record against Kohli is great.

Kohli will struggle if the pitch is slow.

Current version of Sharma in ODIs is the only comparable to Viv Richards. Hitting fast bowlers for big sixes.

Ashwin would have been great here instead of that spraygun Siraj
Exactly, Mate!

That’s my feel even before today’s toss (Siraj is just not been good in any of the three facets of the game and been a major weak link in our attack).

Aussie pacers swinging ball means Indian pacers will swing more….. anything above 230 is a good score… Aussie batting will crumble under pressure

good going so far...but feel another wicket in PP and this couuld become nasty...
hope our guys play the ball onmerits.

Stupid TV signal went out. Did Rohit hit a satellite?

Faster the ball bowled easier it is bat on here.

Cutters is the way to go for fast bowlers on this track.

I feel if we make it out of the PP with no further damages, dang the score whatever it is , we are on target...
the real test will be Zampa and head on this slow low bounce wicket

I don’t know if people are serious when they question Australia’s decision to bowl first.
The only team that has not won at this ground chasing in this World Cup have been England who have had a terrible World Cup. Secondly, gone are those days when it was mandatory to bat in big knockout games. Teams nowadays have the confidence of chasing any total. Thirdly, with dew in the evening the ball will come easily on the bat.

It’s advantage Australia here. The runs that are being scored on this slow pitch where ball is not coming properly on the bat is because two of the arguably the top 5 ever white ball batsman are out in the middle.

Maybe coz teams have won previous finals by batting second.
That was 8 years ago on a batting wicket chasing a low score in 2015. In 2007 cwc final Aus batted first, in 2003 cwc final Aus batted first and batted India out of the game.

Travis Head is the biggest big game player I have ever seen in my life

Maxwell coming up when Aus needs him most this tournament. Can’t believe that paid off 😂

So what will sooks say now after seeing that catch from Head?

Really deplorable behaviour

Why Aussies are so strong mentally
Their whole sports culture from school to college and beyond is very tough. Just like in the US, sport is a proper career path and treated professionally from the very start.

Awesome catch by Head...that guy is one dude who has exponentially improved over the last few years...kudos to Aus to keep investing in him, he is just another MVP

What a catch! Massive wicket. India needed Rohit to bat another 10overs. Now it’s going to be rebuilding for while. Defo has reduced total by 20-30runs

Great innings by Rohit. All India needs is 5 to 6 rpo from here on as they did all world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back