ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dumb decision by pat Cummins. Dew has not been a factor in any of the match in this world cup.

Everyone knows what's happening here. Pathetic from Australia..

I think Australia was not sure what a good total would be here on this pitch to defend so they opted to chase instead. That is something that is associated with Aussies. They do not take pressure.

Last 4 world cup finals have been won by teams batting 2nd, so perhaps there is some method to madness in choosing to bowl first.

I think Australia was not sure what a good total would be here on this pitch to defend so they opted to chase instead. That is something that is associated with Aussies. They do not take pressure.

We will see if they take pressure or not. I know exactly what is going on here but I can't say it outright.

Amazing crowd.

Must be insane to play in that type of atmosphere for the cup.

BCCI should’ve paid some actors and dressed them as Australians in the crowd for the visuals… too much blue.

I have a feeling they noticed dew last night and likely are following the history of this ground. Most teams win chasing.

I'm still a believer in batting first in finals but we'll see. On a positive note, both teams will get to do what they want to do.

Yes , generally Motera is a chasing venue. Even losses while chasing have been quite narrow.

India need to bat well and really try to put up a huge score and crush OZ under scoreboard pressure to make conditions irrelevant just like the semifinal.

Shastri said there was a lot of dew last couple of days.

Damn. What a start by Starc . This ain't be like facing trundlers like Boult and Southee.

Starc and Hazlewood are a class above and Starc looks in rhythm and OZ fielding up for it. :(

Cummins thought if we batted first and bundled out like chennai then the criticism will be more in compare to loosing batting second

Some movement in the air for Starc, interested to see what Hazlewood does.

Dew won't be a factor here. Dew hasn't been a factor in any of the matches in this World Cup

Damn. What a start by Starc . This ain't be like facing trundlers like Boult and Southee.

Starc and Hazlewood are a class above and Starc looks in rhythm and OZ fielding up for it. :(
Always. It's a final. What do you expect? India have to hold their nerves.

Aussies fielding brilliantly again. Definitely elevated that side of their game so far in the knockout games.

What a dumb decision by pat Cummins. Dew has not been a factor in any of the match in this world cup.

Everyone knows what's happening here. Pathetic from Australia..
Due come or may not…, till the time dew comes Indian pacer demolish half of their side

Givibg up after 5 overs? Aus would need all the dua it can get.

I will give up because it will confirm exactly what I have been saying.

That this is not a tactical decision by Australia. They don't have something up their sleeves. It will prove that winning the world cup is not a priority for them!

already 3 good bits of fielding by aus.....pitch looks slow but even bounced....much to the surprise and shock of some...i guess guys taking the pace off the ball will thrive...

Aus at the mercy of India right from the word go this could be nasty, starc needs a wicket

Kinda hacking from Rohit so far.

Need as many runs at the top from him as possible, whatever way it may come.

Proper hard edge, slips may have to be closer on a slow pitch like this

Ashwin would have been handful on this track against Aussies top order.

An opportunity missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back