ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks similar to that champions trophy india were cruising in that tournament too top orders made big scores. But on the final toss does matter win the toss no matter what bat first pile up the runs and final pressure will do the rest

Ideally yes, but I feel if Aussies bat first they’ll collapse.

Ideally yes, but I feel if Aussies bat first they’ll collapse.
On a slow pitch they will only collapse if they aim too high like Pakistan did against India. 280 was a winning total and Pakistan was well placed for that at 155-2 after 30 overs. Australia have won a match against England by posting 285 at Ahmedabad so they shouldn't make that mistake.

Aussie chances will strongly depend on the ability of Starc, Hazelwood to strike with the new ball.

During India’s invincible run of 9 matches, only once I thought India could loose the match…. India was batting 2nd, pitch was slow and ball was not coming to the bat…. India was chasing 274… at one stage india was 191/5… looks like all over …but chase master Emperor Virat Kohli and Jadeja steady the ship and cruised to the victory

India Vs NZ group match at Dharamshala

Guys who won't be there in 2027 wc --
From ind - rohit kohli klrahul jadeja shami ashwin shardul
From aus- Warner marsh smith labu Maxwell? Starc Cummins hazlewood

Kohli cant and shouldn't be playing till 2027. Tine for younger guys to come in. Same with aus team

Rahul will be there. Labu and Cummins also will be there assuming Labu don't fade away.

I unable to sleep since Australia's semifinal win.
I'm so nervous 🥲
If South Africa had reached the final, I would have been relieved, but these Aussies are so mentally tough to beat.

Hopefully we will lift the cup🥹
Look if you want to be world champions you need to be ready for every team

Australia if bat first and scores above 300 then it's their match ..
India if bat first, it's their match ..
Individual brilliance may dictate the outcome.. High pressure match , hope our bowling dept stays strong in final frontier.
Even if AUS batted 1st after winning the toss, India have a strong bowling attack to demolish Aussies to LPS…. It’s happened in Chennai match, India bowled out aussies to 199

On a slow pitch they will only collapse if they aim too high like Pakistan did against India. 280 was a winning total and Pakistan was well placed for that at 155-2 after 30 overs. Australia have won a match against England by posting 285 at Ahmedabad so they shouldn't make that mistake.
"Well placed" is an over statement. For 8 overs, the spinners choked the best Pak batsmen. The fall of wickets was inevitable.

What are the expected pitch conditions like? How does Ahmedabad usually play? Apparently it’s the same pitch that Pakistani played against India on, but I’ve forgotten how that pitch was playing.

What are the expected pitch conditions like? How does Ahmedabad usually play? Apparently it’s the same pitch that Pakistani played against India on, but I’ve forgotten how that pitch was playing.
six hitting paradise in the IPL.

six hitting paradise in the IPL.
If it’s a six hitting paradise, it’s hard for me to see who would be benefit from those conditions. Travis Head + Warner + Marsh is probably a more explosive top 3 than India’s but India has more consistent SR throughout considering Australia will most likely have Steve Smith and Marnus at 4 and 5 and not to mention how amazing Rohit has been.

It seems like India’s only weakness in batting is the tail but good luck trying to get through the openers and middle order to have a shot at the tail.

I could see any of Warner/Head/Gill/Rohit play an insane match winning innings.

Cricket won't be the same for me if we lost Today final .so praying for a Indian win 🇮🇳🇮🇳

Truthfully, it would injustice to current Indian team and their hard work if they lose Today's match.

They are the best team in the world irrespective of the result and if they lose today, then the parameter of test is incorrect as any fool would know which team plays better cricket.

Cricket won't be the same for me if we lost Today final .so praying for a Indian win 🇮🇳🇮🇳
Good luck. Hopefully you guys can win. Just don't gloat too much if you do.

Deserve to be winners. Aussies scraping by Afghans, barely getting past SA after gazetting destroyed by them in the league etc don't really deserve to be winners. But cricket is a cruel sport. Hopefully the right team wins today.

Not sure if I will be able to watch the match in full (match starts at 12.30 AM for me plus have not had a good night’s sleep for a while)

Still, Quietly confident of our chances. I totally expect us to win the cup. Just hoping for an all-round good show from boys.

Will sure feel a bit empty after tonight’s game (regardless of who wins) as this will be the end of me getting up early to watch matches (mostly using mobile phone so not to disturb the Wifey and kid) almost on daily basis for the 6 weeks.

Good luck to fellow Indian fans herein PP!

This could end bad for the Indians. Got mixed feelings about this. Australia are serial champs know-how to win finals better than anyone else. lets see.

Records set to be broken in final as India chase historic World Cup milestone

There are a host of records and milestones set to be broken during the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup final and India get the chance to create history if they can defeat Australia and claim a third title.

India

- If India do prevail and add another trophy to the World Cup titles they won in 1983 and 2011 they will become the first nation in the history of the Men's Cricket World Cup to have won the tournament twice on home soil after they famously defeated Sri Lanka in Mumbai 12 years ago.

- Virat Kohli (711) can extend his final figure having broken the record for the most runs at a single men's Cricket World Cup, after his 50th ODI century against New Zealand in semi-final one.

- Rohit Sharma already holds the record for the most centuries in Men's Cricket World Cup history (seven) and the India skipper gets the chance to move even further clear in this category if he can reach triple figures against the Aussies.

- Rohit has scored 550 runs at this tournament and can break his own personal record for most runs in a single edition of the Men's Cricket World Cup by scoring another 99 against Australia to surpass the 648 runs he managed in 2019.

- Mohammed Shami has taken a total of 54 wickets at three different Men's Cricket World Cups and three scalps against Australia will see him go past Pakistan great Wasim Akram (55) and Sri Lanka quick Lasith Malinga (56) and become the fourth-highest wicket-taker in the history of the event.

- Shreyas Iyer can join an illustrious group of Indian greats made up of Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli by scoring 24 runs in the final and becoming just the fourth batter from his country to have scored more than 550 runs at a single edition of the Men's Cricket World Cup.

- KL Rahul can become the eighth highest run-scorer for India in the history of the Men's Cricket World Cup and surpass the great MS Dhoni (780 runs) by scoring 34 runs against Australia.

Australia

- If Australia win yet another World Cup trophy - having previously tasted success in 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2015 - they will have won six World Cup titles, which is easily the most of any country.

- Pat Cummins has a total of 32 wickets in Men's Cricket World Cups and four more scalps against India will see the Australia captain surpass fellow quick Brett Lee (35) and become the third-highest wicket-taker for Australia in the history of the tournament.

- Adam Zampa is Australia's leading wicket-taker at this year's tournament with 22 scalps and a five-wicket haul against India will see the spinner equal Mitchell Starc (27 in 2019) for the most wickets by any bowler in a single edition of the Men's Cricket World Cup.

- David Warner has scored six centuries in the history of the Men's Cricket World Cup and could draw level with India captain Rohit Sharma (seven) for most centuries ever at the event by reaching three figures in the final.

- Warner could also become just the sixth Men's player from Australia to achieve the milestone of 7000 ODI runs if he can score 75 or more in the final.

- If Glenn Maxwell can score 101 in the final he will become just the seventh Australian player to have scored more than 1000 runs in the history of the Men's Cricket World Cup.

ICC

News is India PM Narendra Mod is attending today’s final between India vs. Australia. Australia’s Deputy PM is attending the final match on behalf of Australian PM

By any chance Imran khan is coming to watch this match. I want a great pakistani captain in the stadium

Even today my bharat loses,they wont loss badly...there will be a fight and we are proud of our leader and team....
Jai hind!

Australia need 350+. For bowlers to reduce them to 27-5. Everyone expects a one-sided affair

Not as nervous as our SF match. NZ was our bogey team so we played our worst match of the tournament, we will do better against this Aussie team.

This could end bad for the Indians. Got mixed feelings about this. Australia are serial champs know-how to win finals better than anyone else. lets see.

I agree. Australia have the edge here. India have to play out of their skins to beat this Aussie side

Awesome pic of hitman and Cummins with the WC at Queen Rudradevi Adalaj Vav or the step well...what an awesome back drop....
Heard we will have the 'SuryaKiran' air wing of the India Air Force performing later in the day.
Quite apt and in keeping with our ethos and virasaat and also in line with the Sun rays depicted on the stadium with the coloured seats.
Awesome occasion....!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s go……. Best of luck both teams. Hoping for a close match with India ending on the India side.

Australia won every final in from 1999. What a giant of the game. Hopefully it’s India who will end this run like we did it in Gabba.

any one else think win toss field first, knock them over for < 275 and hunt it down with dew being a factor?
or bat first, bat big and let scorenboard pressure do the rest?

any one else think win toss field first, knock them over for < 275 and hunt it down with dew being a factor?
or bat first, bat big and let scorenboard pressure do the rest?
India should lose the toss. It's very tricky on this pitch. Bat first and the ball slows a bit in the middle overs. Could be difficult to time the ball. Bat second and the ball will swing under lights but gets easier later with dew. Leave the difficult decision to the aussies.

Not as nervous as our SF match. NZ was our bogey team so we played our worst match of the tournament, we will do better against this Aussie team.
No greater sight as an Indian fan to see Boult and Southee go for 180+ runs in their quota of 20 overs. Matt Henry missing too

I agree. Australia have the edge here. India have to play out of their skins to beat this Aussie side
Yes and no. Australia always give their best in knockouts but they don't have an edge. India played Australia a lot and won a lot. India has been the bogey team for Aussies in the last few years

India should lose the toss. It's very tricky on this pitch. Bat first and the ball slows a bit in the middle overs. Could be difficult to time the ball. Bat second and the ball will swing under lights but gets easier later with dew. Leave the difficult decision to the aussies.
so u think will not be a high scoring finals? ballnot coming on and difficult to time etc....would Ash for sky be a factor?....i think chasing should be the way to go for India looking at our team...

so u think will not be a high scoring finals? ballnot coming on and difficult to time etc....would Ash for sky be a factor?....i think chasing should be the way to go for India looking at our team...
I don't think it will be a high scoring final. Both bowling attacks are great. Also.aussies wouldnt let a team get away in the first innings. Indians too. Ash won't come in for Sky. It was either Ash or Shardul if Pandya played. India will go.with the same attack as they did in the semis and that's the right thing to do as well. Chasing would be the right choice on this pitch but finals pressure adds to the drama

Stay on the topic guys. Talk about today's game. Forget what happened in 2007 or 2003.

One guy who has flown in under the radar so far is Steve smith....he is a big match kinda guy and can go like an express train....hoping our guys loop him early

One guy who has flown in under the radar so far is Steve smith....he is a big match kinda guy and can go like an express train....hoping our guys loop him early
Perfect pitch for him to score runs .he and Labuschange is very important today as this is spin friendly pitch

India has a HUGE mental edge over this Australia bunch. Aussies simply can't win this battle.

R Ashwin has just emerged from the dressing-room, received a pat on the back from Rahul Dravid, nodded at this coach & walked straight down to the pitch twirling his fingers a couple of times & is currently checking out the pitch. A sign of him playing perhaps?

I don't have any high emotions towards either teams. So overall, Im just hoping for a good game.

But most importantly, I am hoping that there is no stupid rule that ruins the match.

The horrible super over boundary rule in 2019 still upsets me heavily to this day, and is actually the main reason why I am on the verge of no longer following cricket.

Nevertheless, I want India to win this match, first because they deserve it, and their 2023 World Cup Journey has players with great stories to remember for a long time: Kohli, Rohit Sharma, their fast bowling attack to name a few.

Secondly, I really still think this Australia team, despite making the final, are not a great team. Most of their players struggle seem to struggle against spin, and are past their best playing days. But you can never rule out the Aussies in cricket.

I don't have any high emotions towards either teams. So overall, Im just hoping for a good game.

But most importantly, I am hoping that there is no stupid rule that ruins the match.

The horrible super over boundary rule in 2019 still upsets me heavily to this day, and is actually the main reason why I am on the verge of no longer following cricket.

Nevertheless, I want India to win this match, first because they deserve it, and their 2023 World Cup Journey has players with great stories to remember for a long time: Kohli, Rohit Sharma, their fast bowling attack to name a few.

Secondly, I really still think this Australia team, despite making the final, are not a great team. Most of their players struggle seem to struggle against spin, and are past their best playing days. But you can never rule out the Aussies in cricket.
i could be wrong but i think boundary count rule has been deleted from the rules

i could be wrong but i think boundary count rule has been deleted from the rules
Yeah basically it is, a few months after that incident, they changed the rules to have unlimited super overs

Im just hoping that there isn't any other rule which spoils the big day.

No siraj , Ashwin in as per manjrekar..Hmmm It means we should bat first ..I have mixed feelings on this..

India beat Australia when they met last time in Ahmedabad in a World Cup knock-out match. :kp
Had a look at h2h record of insia vs aus in world cup events.

It's actually a lot closer than people think.

They lost couple of games by a grand total of 1 run. 1 run
So record could easily have been 7-6 in India's favour.

One other game was a loss by 16 runs.

India should have probably won that too.

No siraj , Ashwin in as per manjrekar..Hmmm It means we should bat first ..I have mixed feelings on this..
2 pacers only? Bad move imo
Although ashwin has Smith and labus number also warned.

Panyda is playing or? Makes no sense. But indian management sees something I guess.

Pitch looks like it's going to spin big.

But sometimes looks can be deceiving.

Never have i felt so relaxed in a final which India play..this team oozes lot of confidence and mental strength.. India is a beast in home condition..big pressure will be on Aussies only..This wc is reverse of 2003 and will be a revenge of 2003 wc if India wins..Jai Ho...

India beat NZ twice in this WC and beat 1 time to AUS… therefore India never discriminates neighbours

is it announced? or they could also have taken Ash for sky....considering the form our guys batting wise are in...

Everyone seems to be saying the pitch is extremely dry - perhaps an Ashwin and Jadeja masterclass incoming? Or maybe Zampa with a destructive performance? Hopefully a low scoring thriller.

Everyone seems to be saying the pitch is extremely dry - perhaps an Ashwin and Jadeja masterclass incoming? Or maybe Zampa with a destructive performance? Hopefully a low scoring thriller.
That is generally to throw people off. I will be surprised if they change it. Because you cannot go in with 2 seamers. Period. because towards the end you cannot juggle your seamers. Bowling 30 overs of spin is very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back