ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
350 would have been safe

Don’t think India are getting that
I think even 300 is tough. This isn't a 350 pitch for batting first or chasing. 270 can be a fighting score but India isn't looking good to get there yet

I think Jaddu was sent to accelerate the score too. Maybe unleash SKY at 40th over

India’s pitch doctoring can only save them now they can’t beat Aus on any decent wckt.

Common India jst score 250+… we have top bowling attack to demolish Aussies… when Aussies came to bat in front of 13200000, they will be under huge huge pressure

I think even 300 is tough. This isn't a 350 pitch for batting first or chasing. 270 can be a fighting score but India isn't looking good to get there yet
Pitch becomes an absolute dream to bat on under lights in Ahmedabad.

India have played poor shots and got themselves in this situation.

Pitch becomes an absolute dream to bat on under lights in Ahmedabad.

India have played poor shots and got themselves in this situation.
Kohli's was tough luck. The others played poor shots. Avg first innings score on this pitch is 250 and it's a losing score

Reactions: OMB
Cummins has rotated the bowlers well. It won’t be easy for India to hit Australia later on, especially if Starc gets some reverse swing on this dry pitch.

Looks like a sub par score of 250.
It’s all in hands of bowlers now

Sub continent teams pressure = fail always. 80% of the time.

Australia under pressure win. It does help when no one cares about cricket there. 3rd sport.

Don’t worry - they just want it to look good hence creating drama.
In that case, they've looked pretty good in the last 10 years...:)...but a pity that those who did'nt have the talent to 'look good' read- the real WC champs are displaying the same talent's in their hilarious whinging....:)

First 80 came in 10 overs or so, next 80 took 20 overs. That is what wickets can do.

The mighty batting has fallen on knees ..let's see how much it crawl forward ... Anything above 250 match on hey..

What a boring team outside rohit and Gill. Full batting trundlers equivalent.

Sky hack might get cracking or he would try some lofted shot and then give a pose with his bat lol while getting out.

First 80 came in 10 overs or so, next 80 took 20 overs. That is what wickets can do.
Tough to hit older ball when pitch is slow. Ball is sticking into the pitch and batsmen can't time it. That's why Rohit went hard initially

They will make excuses for him, but will never make excuses for when our players play slow, even though our batting lineup is more more fragile and prone to collapsing.
Indeed. Their hypocrisy is clearly visible now :)

Nah .head and Warner will destroy indian bowler in PP .game mostly won over after PP

250 will be competitive.

You are right though the PP overs will matter and the potential for dew. Balanced game if that's the score.

To score a single boundary after playing 80 balls in a WC final is pathetic. Wonder how anyone in his right mind can defend this.

I love the silence of hypocrite PPers that are silent on Rahul's SR.
Yes he play too slow .he could have score 20 more runs which release pressure when he was batting with virat .now he need to stay until end if india want to score around 240

But But But ...was'nt everything fixed?....:)
Back in the days there was a toy you would wind it and it would dance 🤣

Be wise and don't dance

This fixing issue is similar no one takes it seriously people have said fair bit for trp views and likes but it's nothing serious as you think

It's already forgotten in pakistan

Imo, only Gill played a really silly shot. Rest tried to play their roles. Shreyas got a great ball.

Aussies have just outplayed India so far. In both bowling and fielding. You have to give it to them.

The first thing India need to do now is bat all 50 overs. Give their bowlers a chance.

To score a single boundary after playing 80 balls in a WC final is pathetic. Wonder how anyone in his right mind can defend this.

India rely heavily on its quality top 5. To lose 3 of them in opening power play is the reason for this extended consolidation

Yes he play too slow .he could have score 20 more runs which release pressure when he was batting with virat .now he need to stay until end if india want to score around 240
His strike rotation ability has always been questioned. That's why he is more suited for opening.

What a boring team outside rohit and Gill. Full batting trundlers equivalent.

Sky hack might get cracking or he would try some lofted shot and then give a pose with his bat lol while getting out.
SKY will hit a one legged reverse ramp shot that will land directly into the fielder’s hand 😂

Still doesn't excuse scoring 1 boundary in 14 overs.
No it was a slow pitch so irs fine.

Problem wasn't kohli, he was accumulating well.

Problem is Rahul, dude playing a test match and isn't seeking to accumulate.

No it was a slow pitch so irs fine.

Problem wasn't kohli, he was accumulating well.

Problem is Rahul, dude playing a test match and isn't seeking to accumulate.
I was alluding to Rahul only in that comment. He has played 14 overs so far.

The issue for India here is that on a slow pitch, you can very easily get out trying to hit it big. That slow play with Kohli and Rahul might really come back of haunt them.

Today dew will start after 8.00 pm, till the time half of Australian side will be perished …. None of the match is affected by dew in this WC

Exactly pal. I couldn’t understand what they were trying to do. I mean two established batsmen and one was doing fine but the other came in and went test mode. Even Sunny G got fed up and said they need to get least 5 runs and over and not 2-3 runs per over. Going slow was fine in that partnership as they lost two key quick wickets but that was ultra snail mode activated. Pitch isnt a rank turner yet it might later on, pitch still ok to bat now or was during that vk-kl partnership.

The issue for India here is that on a slow pitch, you can very easily get out trying to hit it big. That slow play with Kohli and Rahul might really come back of haunt them.
Had we scored 30 runs more during that period, things would have been better

No boundary balls from Australia and add to that their fielding. Other teams had just made it too easy for India with hit me balls in between

Exactly pal. I couldn’t understand what they were trying to do. I mean two established batsmen and one was doing fine but the other came in and went test mode. Even Sunny G got fed up and said they need to get least 5 runs and over and not 2-3 runs per over. Going slow was fine in that partnership as they lost two key quick wickets but that was ultra snail mode activated. Pitch isnt a rank turner yet it might later on, pitch still ok to bat now or was during that vk-kl partnership.
Especially when playing with aggressive intent has paid rich dividends for us in this tournament

Still doesn't excuse scoring 1 boundary in 14 overs.

These guys are experienced international. They can read the pitch, match situation. If it required to play more aggressive they would have.

Still think 250 is a match winning total on this surface against a high quality attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back