ICC WT20 | New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 75 runs

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
Bangladesh Squad
Mashrafe Mortaza*, Shakib Al Hasan, Abu Hider, Al-Amin Hossain, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Mithun, Mushfiqur Rahim†, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Nurul Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Saqlain Sajib, Shuvagata Hom, Soumya Sarkar, Tamim Iqbal

New Zealand Squad
KS Williamson*, CJ Anderson, TA Boult, GD Elliott, MJ Guptill, MJ McClenaghan, NL McCullum, AF Milne, C Munro, HM Nicholls, L Ronchi†, MJ Santner, IS Sodhi, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor

The image of that pre celebration is still playing in my mind

The tube had noting in it!! Did anyone see that. The NZ doc tried to apply some medicine to batsman's hand but the all pichki hui tube didnt spit out nothing.

Star torturing Athar by showing the replay of the last 3 balls of the previous match.

Still there is no Nasir in the playing xi and Its getting suspicious for not selecting him.

Mustafizur > Amir in T20s
Amir is turning 24 in a few weeks, Mustafizur recently turned 20
Mustafizur got 2/30 and 2/34 v Ind and Aus respectively, and so far got a wicket v NZL. Such an intelligent bowler.
Amir is the better bowler don't get me wrong, but he has shown nothing this T20 other than bowling out Rohit Sharma and Soumya Sarker

Fizzzz strikes. He's always good against first timers. Once they play him a couple of times, they can read his action

Fizzzz strikes. He's always good against first timers. Once they play him a couple of times, they can read his action

Rohit and Jadeja struggled against Mustafiz.

The thing is they can't read the action because the action is almost the same. However. They learned to wait for the ball just like dhawan did last match

And he idolizes the green track bully '' Amir'' who can't do anything against quality batsmen :facepalm

Yeah that's why he has got Rohit out four times out of the five times that he's bowled to him. I don't know what your definition of couple is.

Last edited:

The thing is they can't read the action because the action is almost the same. However. They learned to wait for the ball just like dhawan did last match

They picked it and scored sixers too. Rohit just had a brain freeze and got a bit too greedy. Jadeja was just trying to slog in the last overs.

Indians struggled against Mendis initially. Once they found out that he lifts his pinky finger while bowling the carom ball, they were all over him. Mustafiz has subtle variations but his wrist turns a bit ever so slightly while bowling the cutter. That's good enough for most batsmen. They more they play, the better they will be against him. All the good batsmen in the world will get their opportunity in IPL 2016 to read him like a book.

It may happen or not but why sweating??

Rohit,Jadeje already played him 5-6 times but yet these class batsman struggled against him so I am not sure about your so called ''couple of times'' time frame. They might need more matches to get used to.

Yeah that's why he has got Rohit out four times out of the five times that he's bowled to him. I don't know what your definition of couple is.

That was the only wicket of note in 2016 for him against Indians. Two T20 games with the bowling figures of 8-0-72-2 is not flattering. Considering one of those wickets was Jadeja, a tailender, I'd say the Indians played him pretty well. It's not as if they were too defensive against him. He gave 9 rpo

Munro's clueless against Mustafiz as expected.

Hehe.. Williamson could have gone thrice in that over

Williamson can practice hundreds of cutters against Mustafiz at Sunrisers IPL team. Looks like he needs to

Fairly sure this is the same umpire who got every other decision he made overturned in the SA v ENG ODI series?

I like Mustafizur, but Jadeja is no batsman to guage his potential:ibutt

Munro was a beast in NZ but he's been lucky twice already and had a terrible WC

Alan just rightly said Its joy to watch Mustafizur but alas there are some heartless ppl in this earth who would never be able to appreciate anything good in anyone. But its their loss!

Great to see Shakib back to his groove. He is a big match player and is playing well

There were many arguments about how Stokes, Anderson, heck even Jadeja may overtake Shakib. But the competitiors keep changing but Shakib has always been up there.

Watson however is better in T20s in tests. Ashwin on turners is a better test AR.

Or perhaps some evil cricket board bribed him. U never know, they r capable of doing anything. :yk

If you already somehow know that boards can do this, why do you keep crying. Just resign to the fact that you will be a victim forever. Might help you sleep better.

Great to see Shakib back to his groove. He is a big match player and is playing well

There were many arguments about how Stokes, Anderson, heck even Jadeja may overtake Shakib. But the competitiors keep changing but Shakib has always been up there.

Watson however is better in T20s in tests. Ashwin on turners is a better test AR.
how is this dead rubber a big match

Bangladesh is worse at playing lleg spin than against swing. Ish sodhi will eat us alive

I am supporting BD here, if they defeat NZ then they can take pride in doing something which India, Aus, and Pak couldnt do.

Go Bangladesh

I am supporting BD here, if they defeat NZ then they can take pride in doing something which India, Aus, and Pak couldnt do.

Go Bangladesh

If NZ lose badly here, Ind or AUS can actually sneak to the top of the table on NRR. Nobody wants to take on this red hot WI team in semis

Go Bangladesh

There's a good chance of all the Asian teams going home before the knockouts in a world cup on Asian soil:noori

Brother, my full support to Soumya today:amla

Don't criticise India. Jai Shree Ram.

Really disappointed with his recent batting performance. But this guy has some special talent in catching the ball.

Hopefully he'll contrite with his bat tonight. Jai Shree Ram :amla

If NZ lose badly here, Ind or AUS can actually sneak to the top of the table on NRR. Nobody wants to take on this red hot WI team in semis

WI is not unbeatable and yet to Bat first...their bowling is not that great.

Dead rubber or not. We need to.go.back with a win. We have done well with backs against our wall.

It would be a shame if we are.going back with same wins as Afghanistan. I think now we are better than Afghanistan atleast :shakib

I never believed it myself but in hind sight, this BD team was very much capable togo to the semis. If they hadn't screwed up their game vs PAK by doling out leg stump trash, they would have been a serious contender

If that was a wide from Al-Amin then Pandya's last ball against Bangladesh was also a wide.

WI is not unbeatable and yet to Bat first...their bowling is not that great.

The semi is in Mumbai I think. Very difficult to beat them in a batting shoot out. They mad implode but batting first is actually easier compared to 2nd in this WC.

I never believed it myself but in hind sight, this BD team was very much capable togo to the semis. If they hadn't screwed up their game vs PAK by doling out leg stump trash, they would have been a serious contender

They don't have a batting line up to chase 170+ even in roads.

Or if mustafizur was playing.

Dead rubber or not. We need to.go.back with a win. We have done well with backs against our wall.

It would be a shame if we are.going back with same wins as Afghanistan. I think now we are better than Afghanistan atleast :shakib

yep.. cant agree more

A month back I would have called a ****** if you had said the same thing. We have done well tbh but no win to show for at all. Winning this match will be great

Bangla on top, they have steadily got better in the tournament, they should have beaten India.

Pandya's was wide? Dude..get a grip there

It was a 50/50 call for sure. In fact more wide than not. But umpires didn't have the spine to take the right call against the mighty BCCI.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't have a batting line up to chase 170+ even in roads.

I don't believe that one bit. Tamim, Soumya and Riyad can all score big. Heck even Mashrafe can slog a few. Shabbir can score at a quick pace. For some reason, they have belief in that Mithun guy who was absolutely clueless.

Back