India (176/7) crowned champions of ICC T20 World Cup 2024 after a 7 runs victory against South Africa (169/8)

Getting the launch pad ready 120 in 15 overs. Last 5 can fetch 40 to 50 with wickets in hand

7 overs to go.

Rabada has 2 left.
Nortje has 2 left.
Jansen has 2 left.
Maharaj has 1 left.

Brilliant from axar Patel. Axar Patel should be man of the match today.

Wow what a throw by dekock.
Brilliant innings from axar comes to an end.

We were in a bad spot , but he should pick up now
Don't care, the pitch is nowhere near being bad where you need to bat run a ball. India may have been better off with him getting out early.

Brilliant runout by q de K....well played Akshar....
It's now up to Hardik, Shivam, Jadz....& VK....

Axar gone...
Time for the power hitter Dube to make his presence felt.

Bapu this is only way you can out.

My bad I'm not included the run out equation in my post .:dw

This is where the game is really interesting to me. India's running between the wickets vs. South Africa's fielding. Any trademark Kohli innings is full of some efficent running between the wickets during the middle-overs. If South Africa can save runs there and possibly affect a crazy catch/runout then it could change the momentum completely.
Called it boys

Lazy from Axar but he did his job. Excellent innings. Scoring at 9 rpo and was risk.free. settled the nerves in the dressing room

Another gift from India , not one wicket taking delivery , this is why I say 180 is par

1st target of 100 is crossed and now to the 140+ target.

Will the useless Dube contribute anything meaningful, at last?

Just over 6 overs to go.

Dube needs to come in good today, think its IPL Dubr and you are facing Delhi lol

44 off 40.

I dare someone to call this anything other than bad.

Akshar....bit dopey....lazy...
Took for granted that qdk wouldn't hit ....bu terrific innings ...now shine with ball ..
But let's get a good total on board....
& Shivam dubey sends one into the crowds....yeaaaas

Last 6 overs 50 run target. Anything additional is a bonus

Back