India (176/7) crowned champions of ICC T20 World Cup 2024 after a 7 runs victory against South Africa (169/8)

9: 68-3

KOhli doing a Babar 31(26)*. But the situation is like that

Shamsi has a long runup for a spinner. Never seen a spinner run that long before.

Feels like a medium bowler.

Having sent Axar up the order was the best thing that could have happened for India.

His hitting has brought some impetus back to the scoring and eased up Kohli a lot too.

Axar vs Shamshi against the spin will be interesting

I'm following this on espncricinfo. They have a win probability predictor that gets under my skin. Just before the first six by Axar SA's win probability was 53%. Now India's win probabiilty after just two overs is 55% . No rhyme or reason. Why do they come out with such pointless toys?

The way INdians are batting. I wonder if they think the par score is 140? :unsure:

lol why wasn’t he selected ahead of pant and this sky guy.
Tbf he never warranted a place in t20, After dengue he was crap.

Abishiekh and Jaiswal should be opening, not virat and rohit bit alas dravid said ti's not to be

I'd send Dube next followed with Pandya for the last 5 overs as he's been striking it well at the back end.

75/3 (10)

This is very poor.

But runs on the board are runs on the board I guess.

I'm following this on espncricinfo. They have a win probability predictor that gets under my skin. Just before the first six by Axar SA's win probability was 53%. Now India's win probabiilty after just two overs is 55% . No rhyme or reason. Why do they come out with such pointless toys?
True....it's like a lot of posters on this forum... especially Indian....
You are only as good as your last shot/ wicket/ball/ fielding effort...
Typically can't C bigger pic

10 overs to go.

Rabada has 2 overs left.
Nortje has 3 overs left.

These 5 overs are crucial.

India are probably 5 runs short of their target at 10 overs but considering the fall of wickets, it's a good score. Axar changed the game

The issue is if India lose people will have kohli's head due to his 50 ball 65

Decent recovery, so far from us.

Still need to double this half way score to post a competitive total, though.

Is it typical for Rahul Dravid to walk out during drinks break? Just saw him pat the back of Kohli. Perhaps it is the gravity of the situation in a World Cup final.

Halfway stage
Looking at pitch ...vr 20 short ...
2 d&$kbrained shots too many & one wicket at least too many in the red....
C'mon guyz....🪔🇮🇳🔥💥

Good recovery. India is ahead right now only because SAF is a poor chaser. Otherwise on this batting wicket they are at least 15 runs short after 10 overs IMO.

Bumrah vs DeCok, what are your predictions .

Also how did Bumrah bowl in the 50 over final, is he the big match bowler.

India in driving seat and favourite also expect a 180 target for Sa

Is it typical for Rahul Dravid to walk out during drinks break? Just saw him pat the back of Kohli. Perhaps it is the gravity of the situation in a World Cup final.
I believe your coach and/or captain should walk out there during time out. It's best to communicate active plans with each other

50/50 at half way point. This is where Pakistan and India differ, Pakistan if they lose couple of wickets they have an abundance of tuk tuk batting they can stay there but don’t make the needed runs. India however aggressive throughout.

Although SA have kept the run rate in check , after three quick wickets they should have attacked with the pacers they were bowling well . Maharaj got gifted wickets

Back