India beat West Indies by 237 runs in the 3rd Test

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
West Indies Squad
JO Holder*, D Bishoo, J Blackwood, CR Brathwaite, KC Brathwaite, DM Bravo, RL Chase, ML Cummins, SO Dowrich, ST Gabriel, SD Hope, LR Johnson, AS Joseph, MN Samuels

India Squad
V Kohli*, AM Rahane, R Ashwin, STR Binny, S Dhawan, RA Jadeja, B Kumar, A Mishra, Mohammed Shami, CA Pujara, KL Rahul, WP Saha†, I Sharma, RG Sharma, SN Thakur, M Vijay, UT Yadav

Windies should play Joseph and Hope.

Be interesting to see whether Pujara gets dropped for Rahul or he plays.

Looks like Leon Johnson will play and not hope.

Some heartening news for Indian fans, apparently only one match out of 4 tests at St.Lucia has produced a result. To add to this, rains are expected in the first 4 days as well.:noori

Some of my thoughts on this:

Pujara should NOT be dropped. His revival is critical to the long term health of the Indian Test team.

Kohli should take a risk with Bhubaneswar Kumar in the place of Yadav to check if his revival is complete. St. Lucia (the batting fest wicket) is surprisingly being reported to be a pace friendly track this time around. If that is so, this would be a great opportunity to check on him. He can definitely hold one end up for sure, whether he swings it or not. The 3rd seamer position should be rotated every couple of matches in order to ensure we keep all our seamers in fighting trim.

Not bowling at the stumps was the stupidest thing done by the Indian bowlers on the final couple of sessions in Jamaica. Similar to the 3rd Seamer, I would look at the 2nd spinner as a rotating role, for the same objective. Would like to see Jadeja in there. I am not really a fan of his batting, but his pace and accuracy will serve him if there is any turn at all. He buys us a couple of LBWs everytime he plays.

I would like to see Dhawan replaced by Rahul and Vijay brought in at top.

In order to build a team long term, IMO certain positions should be rotating so that the whole squad is healthy, if not every couple of matches then every series.

1 - The 5th batsmen (in our case it is Rahane who is too classy to drop, so it has to be Dhawan)
2 - The 3rd Seamer (aka. Yadav)
3 - The 2nd Spinner (aka. Mishra)

In case each position is good enough, then the players in other positions should be open to rotation as well so people can finally put a stop to exhaustion moans.

From WI squad, would like a 'dekko' at Alzari Joseph. Cummins looked nippy but since he did not do anything special at Jamaica, he could be a candidate for replacement. However, Bishoo did not do anything either, so he is another candidate.

A lot has been heard about Chase's 5-for, but I don't think he is a guy who can hold one end up. Bishoo's form certainly must be one of the things that has upset the Windies a lot.

Drop pujara. He is becoming another umer Akmal.

Agreed. Pujara has become a liability.It has probably gone into his head.

They should groom one of the uncapped youngsters in his place. Possibly someone like Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer or Sanju Samson.

Looks like Leon Johnson will play and not hope.

Some heartening news for Indian fans, apparently only one match out of 4 tests at St.Lucia has produced a result. To add to this, rains are expected in the first 4 days as well.:noori

How is this heartening ? :( Can't crush these Windies now .

Dhawan should be kept in the team as we are playing vs minnows and Dhawan is a world class minnow basher.

We can't afford draws and hence we need an attacking batsmen who could score quickly.

WICB hosting an international match at the Darren Sammy stadium?! Or are they planning on referring to it by some other name?!

West Indies win the toss choose to field.

Fast bowler Alzarri Joseph makes his debut at the expense of Bishoo.
Jadeja comes in for Mishra and Bhuvneshwar for Umesh. Rohit in for Pujara.

Last edited:
West Indies win the toss choose to field.

Fast bowler Alzarri Joseph makes his debut at the expense of Bishoo.
Jadeja comes in for Mishra and Bhuvneshwar for Umesh. Rohit in for Pujara.

No Murali Vijay. A pitch where opposition chose to bowl first. Dropped Pujara for Rohit.
Bad omens.

Kohli is a risk taker. This is smart move from him. We should know the opposition is WI and hence you need attacking players and not really technically best players. But Vijay should have been in the team if he isn't injured.Anyways, I back kohli for this move and so this means Rahane will bat at 3 or Rohit will be at 3..???

Rohit in place of vijay/pujara on pitch where its likely to move around. Poor team selection.

Happy with the changes overall. Yadav bowled crap in that final innings at Jamaica so deserved to be dropped.

Jadeja is a good inclusion too, his subtle changes in pace would be helpful.

Rohit for Pujara is not something I am in favour of, but Pujara has not been scoring for quite some time now.

Clearly, Kohli is playing for win loss game. This will be fun test for sure.

Happy with the changes overall. Yadav bowled crap in that final innings at Jamaica so deserved to be dropped.

Jadeja is a good inclusion too, his subtle changes in pace would be helpful.

Rohit for Pujara is not something I am in favour of, but Pujara has not been scoring for quite some time now.

Yadav maybe bad but dropped on the basis of one innings where everyone got hit? And that too for bhuvi? if it doesn't swing, bhuvi will get smacked too. And anyway wasn't kohli supposed to back our pacers?

Yadav maybe bad but dropped on the basis of one innings where everyone got hit? And that too for bhuvi? if it doesn't swing, bhuvi will get smacked too. And anyway wasn't kohli supposed to back our pacers?

Bhuvi is a handy bat as well (got a couple of 50s in England in 2014 IIRC), and can hold up an end when needed for the spinner to attack from the other. Moreover, WI have won the toss and opted to bowl, so this indicates the conditions might suit him. So overall a good inclusion in my opinion.

Bhuvi is a handy bat as well (got a couple of 50s in England in 2014 IIRC), and can hold up an end when needed for the spinner to attack from the other. Moreover, WI have won the toss and opted to bowl, so this indicates the conditions might suit him. So overall a good inclusion in my opinion.

Im just going by his previous ODI in Australia where he got carted for 70 runs in 8 overs whereas Umesh picked up 3 wickets for less? Not that it indicates much but yadav simply gets more off the deck and his outswinger is better these days. After the first few overs of swing, Bhuvi is a bit of a liability. However, they do use the Duke ball in Windies so i hope he bowls like he did in England. :wasim

The thing with these West Indies matches is that they all start around 7-8 PM IST which exactly coincides with the prime time slot for the mega serials and soaps of all the different desi channels. And I don't particularly fancy my chances of persuading my mother to flick the channel to an India-West Indies test when the super exciting soap operas are going on.

Oh well, I guess I have to ride it out and miss the morning session.:mv

The point is yadav is being dropped after one bad innings. By backing a pacer i meant he should trust yadav to turn it around.

Then that would be backing a particular bowler is what you are hinting towards at.
By picking up Bhuvi, the message is more like: 'We needed a pacer, and you did not bowl very well earlier'

It is either that, or the replacement is on a rotational policy.

Gabriel has been a bit unlucky .
This boy Rahul plays and misses a lot outside offstump.

Dhawan really should be told in no unclear terms, that he is on a wing and a prayer already.

The thing with these West Indies matches is that they all start around 7-8 PM IST which exactly coincides with the prime time slot for the mega serials and soaps of all the different desi channels. And I don't particularly fancy my chances of persuading my mother to flick the channel to an India-West Indies test when the super exciting soap operas are going on.

Oh well, I guess I have to ride it out and miss the morning session.:mv

Same story here. :))

Looks like we have picked two walking wickets in our team on what according to reports is a tricky pitch.

As I type that, one is on his way already.

Good going Kohli.

So... India just committed suicide by dropping Pujara and Vijay in a 5 batsmen side on a green pitch. It is downright stupidity.

Kohli coming at 3. India needs to be a bit tentative in first hour of play.

Looks like an incredibly stupid line up. Kohli needs to score big (another double) to not end up with egg on his face.

Our batting is what it is unless we find a replacement for dhawan and pujara finds some form. If you're going for a five bowler attack, we need a very strong top five and a wicketkeeper who can bat as well.

Extra bounce outside off, one of Virat's major weaknesses because he always wants bat on ball.

Our batting is what it is unless we find a replacement for dhawan and pujara finds some form. If you're going for a five bowler attack, we need a very strong top five and a wicketkeeper who can bat as well.

Pujara without form is still better than most..

Big difference between bravado and being downright me foolish and today's the team selection is foolish

That was a brilliant rising delivery from Alzarri.

Kohli needs to improve his technique outside the off stump in Test cricket and needs to stop wafting his bat at those deliveries. He lags behind Root big time in this aspect which is why Root is better in Test cricket.

This is the IPL generation of batsmen. No patience at all. On a flat deck they would do well but with this kind of temperament, they'll get exposed by most good bowlers in slightly helpful conditions.

Pujara without form is still better than most..

Pujara's indifferent form has truly been a travesty for us. He had the best temperament for test batting among the lot. The rest simply have no clue how to give bowlers respect and punish them later when conditions ease out.

On flat decks, OZ are a superior batting lineup. In seamer friendly conditions, England will out bat us and we aren't very good players of spin either. Our batting is only superior to WI and SL.

India will still win this thanks to ineptitude of West Indies. But this is a truly bad selection from India.

Does Joseph's action remind anyone ofr Rabada's? The way releasing the ball

"6.5 S Gabriel to Rahane, no run, this is time travel. Indian batsmen hopping to Caribbean pace. Really makes Rahane jump in his crease with a short ball that takes the gloves that's hiding Rahane's face and pistols into the pitch. Soft hands.."

Is the pitch pacy?

"6.5 S Gabriel to Rahane, no run, this is time travel. Indian batsmen hopping to Caribbean pace. Really makes Rahane jump in his crease with a short ball that takes the gloves that's hiding Rahane's face and pistols into the pitch. Soft hands.."

Is the pitch pacy?

Decent bounce.

Is the pitch pacy?

Gabriel is getting it to fly off the deck as usual.

:facepalm: just checked the team realised Rohit is in. That's why Kohli had to come in at 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel and joseph are two really good bowlers from WI.If you are making Rahane go out of comfort then you are good no doubt on it.

If Rohit doesnt score in this match, this is bye-bye Rohit forever from tests.

These two are doing well. We need to get close to 300.

Good. I was misled by the previous results here and thought it might be a phatta.

Pretty sure you dont know the rules.
If India scores good..its phatta
If India does not bat well...its green and batsmen incompetent.
If it spins , its unspoting pitch to favor India

Back