India on top in the 3rd Test, finish Day 1 on 99/3 after bowling England out for 112 in Ahmedabad

ENG 111/9 (47.3) CRR: 2.34
Day 1: 2nd Session

Ben foakes is not bad a batsman, looks to me the cameron green type of guy, good defence but needs more experiene in rotating strike ....he is a good keeper...al in all a good find for england, onefor tthe future...

A sorry collapse for England. The Axe takes 6. England will need to bowl India below 200 to have any chance here.

England this series

1st Test, 1st inngs: 578/10 (190.1 overs)
Four inngs since: 588/40 (209.2 overs)

Ben foakes is not bad a batsman, looks to me the cameron green type of guy, good defence but needs more experiene in rotating strike ....he is a good keeper...al in all a good find for england, onefor tthe future...

He showed good technique in Sri Lanka in 2018, but was kept out of the side because the selectors persisted with Buttler and Bairstow.

Had 3 years of his peak wasted.

Keep crying.

You're only making this that much more sweeter. :))

Sweeter? for what? Its not in your control whether Indian makes these kind of pitches or not all you can do it try and fool us into thinking they are not turning wicket but i am not easily fooled.

You either have no clue what a rank turner is or you're just biased and salty.

Balls turning but its seaming too, good bowing track will offer a bit to both types of bowlers. Rank turners would turn square from ball one, the straighter ones here are causing the issues, you wouldn't get many straight ones on a rank turner.

I was actually wrong seeing the last half hour and the way some balled turned square this is as much a rank turner as last one.

Regrading some balls going straight this is a skill of a bowler and obviously these bowlers know how to ball on turners. India has become a real spin heaven since Dhoni and Kholi days.

They have really promoted spin culture in the team.

It is the combination which gives us so may wickets. Ashwin and Jadeja earlier and in this series, Ashwin and Axar.

Credit to Kohli for relying on his idea of picking two different types of spinners irrespective of the match condition.

Lowest first innings Test totals against India:-

106 - by BAN at Kolkata, 2019
112 - by ENG at Ahmedabad, today

Michael Vaughan [MENTION=30997]Michael[/MENTION]Vaughan
·
47m
England have treated selection for this series like premier league teams treat the early stages of the FA Cup rounds ... #INDvENG Against the best team in the world !!!!!!!

It doesn't matter who you select when techniques against spin are so poor.

This is thanks to ECB jokers who have predominantly scheduled County Championship in the wettest parts of the season (Apr/May and Sep) when 70mph plodders take wickets for fun and spinners are only used to give them rest (bar Somerset where the pitch turns).

But ignorant souls won't get this.

And they are not England fans. England fans are just unhappy about England's batting performance. But it is the usual suspects who come up with these logics even before both teams have batted fully.

I was actually wrong seeing the last half hour and the way some balled turned square this is as much a rank turner as last one.

Regrading some balls going straight this is a skill of a bowler and obviously these bowlers know how to ball on turners. India has become a real spin heaven since Dhoni and Kholi days.

They have really promoted spin culture in the team.

Okay whatever you say bro. :yk

Let's see how long Rohit lasts against the swinging ball under lights. England badly need early strikes.

About this time the lights should start, no floodlights but the led lights around the stadium...the ring of fire..... a spectacular sight....and so fantastic to see the sun pattern coloured seats...wow....

Best bowling figures in an innings for a spinner in Day-Night Tests:

Devendra Bishoo - 8/49 vs Pakistan, 2016
Akshar Patel - 6/38 vs England, Today
Yasir Shah - 6/184 vs Sri Lanka, 2017

And they are not England fans. England fans are just unhappy about England's batting performance. But it is the usual suspects who come up with these logics even before both teams have batted fully.
Yeah. England fans have not sooked once about the pitches.

ENG 112
IND 0/0 (0.4)
Day 1: 2nd Session - India trail by 112 runs

Decent first over from Anderson, in the corridor straightaway. Just needs to get it slightly straighter.

Stats show new pink ball swings considerably more than the new red ball.

It doesn't matter who you select when techniques against spin are so poor.

This is thanks to ECB jokers who have predominantly scheduled County Championship in the wettest parts of the season (Apr/May and Sep) when 70mph plodders take wickets for fun and spinners are only used to give them rest (bar Somerset where the pitch turns).

I think Vaughns point is pertinent. England should have played Jimmy in the second test to drive home the advantage. They should not have had a system which allowed Englands best spinner leaving or not being selected in both first 2 tests.

This rotation policy is embarrassing.

What is even more embarrassing is that India have outplayed England completely on this pitch so far. It hasn't even turned that much but Axar looks terrific and every England batsman was stuck on the crease, petrified of scoring.

wow...just showed replay of the morning before play...where the Eng team also does namaste to our president and home minister..classy touch by the english....:salute

As per Steyn, this rotation policy will pay great dividends for England in world championships for next 10 years or so.

Why is England unhappy? That clearly touched the ground no?

Also, what is wrong with Gill? He was playing Starc and Cummins with ease in fast Australian pitches but struggling in home conditions? Lol

Gavaskar suggesting Stokes' right index finger, not evident from the replay, could've been underneath the ball.

I think it's grassed though.

England need to make sure they dont get caught up in this battle and start acting petulantly the decision has been made you have to get on with it, Root had a go at both umpires then carried on after the turnaround.

And why is England playing with 3 fast bowlers on square turners in India?

Imagine next few days :))
Hope they have enough strength to cope with disappointment.

Clearly out here but it is again worrying that the 3rd umpire did not play out the rest of the footage. That would have dispelled any issue.

I also think the on field umpires need to be strong in asserting calm when the players run up to them. Kohli last game now 3 or 4 England players here.

Well with the amount of movement on offer there'll be more chances for the seamers.

Clearly the lower portion of the ball bumped the ground, hence correct decision. It is not out.

off the mark...at last...yeah...go lads...and one more replay proves its not out....broad , root and co carrying on like tools - go take cold showers...

Subhman Gill will be a walking wicket in England this summer with that feet movement.

And why is England playing with 3 fast bowlers on square turners in India?

They did a Micky Arthur in UAE! :))

Here's one for PPers: what's more pathetic? Indian picthes or England's ability to play spin? :facepalm:

Even a 2021 Afridi would get 5fers for laughs here!

Clearly out here but it is again worrying that the 3rd umpire did not play out the rest of the footage. That would have dispelled any issue.

I also think the on field umpires need to be strong in asserting calm when the players run up to them. Kohli last game now 3 or 4 England players here.

I think Broad and Root will be onto the umpires at every opportunity, they have seen Kohli get away with it in the last game and i think that's the biggest issue when not disciplining someone it becomes free game for all involved.

Lmao that not out he has literally 2 fingera on the ball the thumb and the index finger, picking it up off the ground.

There are no hands or fingers UNDERNEATH the ball. Its clearly been grounded and then falsely claimed caught by stokes...

Wonder if Bumble would want a red card for Root too for wagging his finger at the umpire..

Back