India v Australia | 3rd Test-Day 1 | Delhi | 29/10/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Match to start in about 2 hours.

Clark comes back in for Siddle, some whispers Krejza might play.

Waiting on a fitness Test from Harby, Mishra will play if Harby is not fit.

Some news reports indicate biased India smoke and haze in the air

If India can win this Test it will be the first easy Test series defeat (ie not decided in the last Test) for Australia in 10 years.

Since the 1998 tour of India ironically.

Not sure when the one prior to that one happened though, would be probably 10 years again so big incentive for India.

Hope Aussies come back hard and win this one so we can have a thrilling last test match :)
Good luck Australia, hope the worst of luck to India so Aus can win this :D

Lots of pride at stake for the Aussies. Ponting says that this is the most an Aussie team under him has practised before a test match with steve waugh vouching for that. Coolie is under pressure for results on reverse swing. hayden, Ponting, Clark under pressure on the batting front. I expect Hayden to score a big dominating innings here. He has decided to play in 3 stages - go after the bowling for first 15-20 overs, then flat play till 50 and then slog against the spin. I reckon Ponting will do fine if they bat first, flop otherwise. Hussey will be as usual a PITA for us. On the bowling front Lee has sword hanging on his head. It will be nice to see if the hype around Clark is all worth in this test match. The one ares Australia are heavily under armed is the spin dept. This is an out an out spinners wicket and Aussies dont have any decent spinner in their line up. Going by the composition of their side, they are heavily relying on winning the toss. If they lose the toss, they are already on the backfoot. If Australia bat first, I expect a very strong show from them. If they bowl first, I expect a very tight miserly bowling from them. All in all, this will be a true test for the Aussies on all fronts - a test for their oldies, the newbies, their character.

On the Indian front, they will go extremely confident into this match. Lots of expectations from the pace bowlers for their over hyped reverse swing in the last couple of matches and Kumble for his killer reputation on Kotla. I personally expect either Gambhir/Sehwag to score a big one here, this being their home ground. Laxman is under pressure to put up a good performance here and we can count Ganguly to give his best shot here. Sachin should play with a lot of freedom now that he has achieved yet another milestone. Dravid is the one vulnerable cog in the batting wheel at the moment but he believes he is hitting the ball very well.

All in all, a good challenge for the Aussies, something they havent gone through since a while now where they are actually nervous on quite a few fronts and under sever pressure.

If India win the toss, my prediction goes like this 65-20-15 (India-australia-draw) or else 55-30-15

It's tonight, huh?

Don't worry. Never sounds wrong to expect miracle win like Perth Test for India as compared to Australia is to surpass the expectation of shocking from Indian on Perth. Bring it on OZ

P.S - But i want OZ to be terrorized :batman:

Random Aussie said:
India going to win this easily I fear
Have faith in India. We know how to make a match out of nothing. Mohali was something out of our character and something Indian team cant digest.

India to bat first. So Kumble wond the toss against all expectations! Delhi is really happy hunting ground for him.

Pitch looks good for batting.

This will be a huge test for sehwag/gambhir to bat against the LLF Aussie bowling. I dont expect Sehwag to hold on for more than 30-40 minutes in that case

damn, sehwag being a tad lazy to get his bat down there
he could have made a big one here, but guess he can score only in multan, mohali or melbourne

2.1 Lee to Sehwag, OUT, and he's gone! Lee strikes, rapping a leaden-footed Sehwag on the crease, he didn't move his feet at all, bat coming down way to late and the ball pitches on a length and strikes him on the front pad in front of middle and leg, Lee is off in celebration and Aleem Dar raises the finger of fate

Australia are back to their old game, LLF from one end, attack from the other end

bones20 said:
Naah. He cant score that fast.
i was thinking about watching the match but now i dont want to waste my time on watching the Wall

Be assured RA, Indians are not going to gift wickets to Clark out of frustration. He can be a good boy all day long. thats the plan.

bones20 said:
Be assured RA, Indians are not going to gift wickets to Clark out of frustration. He can be a good boy all day long. thats the plan.

Fine by us, is better than going for four an over all day

question. I havent followed stuart clark's career so far at all. Is he a good exponent of reverse swing?

bones20 said:

You're right. Indians are going to gift wickets to johnson instead

Meanwhile, Gambhir continues to stake his claim as one of the world's finest openers playing today.

Viv_rav said:
You're right. Indians are going to gift wickets to johnson instead
yes that was a bad shot with no safe measures. It was a mere flash.

LightSpeedGT said:
Meanwhile, Gambhir continues to stake his claim as one of the world's finest openers playing today.

Yaar average of 40 - simply stunning

Even Krapich is better than that

Random Aussie said:

I'm not going by stats but simply by how well he times the ball / comes at the bowlers / and is playing 90 mph bowlers with so much time where the more experienced ones are struggling.

watching MJ bowl, it seems that all the hardcore one week training+the crash course was designed for him. boy o boy he is not talking anything less than 148km/h.

MJ has a a calic in his hair, one of the funny ones like a 5 year old kid :)) Its difficult to take him seriously with that peacock crown at the back of his head :))

bones20 said:
He broke Shoaib's record today 162 Kmph! You missed it man!

are you serious? Amazing man, they might show the replay of that delivery again.

Is Savak okay? we should check on him. :p

Caved12 said:
are you serious? Amazing man, they might show the replay of that delivery again.

All Pak fans have been admitted in hospital for depression treatment :D I was just kidding dude. Shoaib's record is intact. I dont think any other human can ever break it.

And to your question, brett lee has been bowling 142-145 kmph

Last edited:
Caved12 said:

:)))

MJ touchin 94 mph.

We need Tendu before lunch

MJ continuing his improvement, still gets no love despite having a better average and taking more wickets than the MIGHTY & TALL ISHANT

I'm very impressed with MJ. Vast improvement in control and pace since I last saw him.

Random Aussie said:
We need Tendu before lunch

MJ continuing his improvement, still gets no love despite having a better average and taking more wickets than the MIGHTY & TALL ISHANT
I told you man. Its the calic in his hair :D

lol MJ >>> ishant. Ishant just seems way too frail to be consistent. but MJ's consistency with the speed is ridiculous. India would do well to appoint someone to inquire about this guy's work ethic/workout routines.

bones20 said:
All Pak fans have been admitted in hospital for depression treatment :D I was just kidding dude. Shoaib's record is intact. I dont think any other human can ever break it.

And to your question, brett lee has been bowling 142-145 kmph

I figured. I was just trying to get Savak worried ;-) .

Random Aussie said:
I thought it was the smooth flowing action he has :D

Its the calic in his hair :D ! I wonder how come he foxed that pretty GF!

we need laxman siva to get dropped before any of the non performing players. this guy has no control over the english language; stresses on the wrong syllables and all in all making me lose my interest in cricket.

peacock is giving Sachin way little credit than he deserves. Thinking he will gift him another wicket like dravid. Peacock you idiot!

theres a deep point for tendu, possible defensive captaining by ponting? If tendu's not gonna go for the 4 anyways because of the point, those 3 slips are useless because theres no reason to get sucked into the shot

Random Aussie said:

I do believe you are obsessed with numbers

Lee has upped the pace considerably. Was hitting around 146-150 early on in the day.

Tendu looks good for a big one here. Ponting need to attack him with Lee and stop playing the dumb game. yes Lee is back.

Jamal said:
Lee has upped the pace considerably. Was hitting around 146-150 early on in the day.

let's see what he does in his second spell.

India - 319 all out.
Australia rolled twice for 34 and 76.
Spinners will rule the show here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back