India v England | 2nd Test - Day 3 | Mohali | 21/12/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdigi

Winner of PP Design a Flyer Competition
Runs
A boring game...let's all watch the Aus-SA match instead... :D

Ishannnt Sharmaaa!!! 143 kph yorker..wow!! Bell clean bowled.

Beautiful Start by us.

England 1/2 with Pietersen coming in. Hopefully we make use of his injury and nail him early!!!

maamrut said:
Ishannnt Sharmaaa!!! 143 kph yorker..wow!! Bell clean bowled.
Not a yorker. An incoming full pitched delivery that Bell dragged onto his stumps playing down a wrong line. Good ball though :)

I remember someone said in the thread that England will not do good and that seems true. Btw I have also noticed that if an English batsmen does good in a test match then tha form is not carried into next test match, what do you guys think about it? Ian Bell shold have been dropped and OA Shah should have been in

loll thye had never offcally accounced it like Pakistan does , or they proabably did...i probably didnt hear it

what does 'bublubhuyan' mean? It's a funny name. :D

All say Hi to our friend Bublu --->

mhx0e8.jpg

:)

Pietersen looking in the mood. Played a gorgeous off drive off Ishant. Hope he makes a big one.

Pietersen switch-hits Harbhajan for a majestic six over cover. What brilliance.

He's proving me right; like I said in the Sehwag-Pietersen comparison thread, such talent is quite frankly unprecedented on the world stage...his batting style is highly unusual but he's glorious to watch. Superb batting, too bad he has the likes of Collingwood for support.

93 off 114 balls; he's dominated the Indian spinners.

Pieterson ka bahut hi badhiya chakka!!!!!!!!!!

Pietersen at his imperious best. Such a swagger; it's great, pumps you up.

97 not out after that fine sweep of Harbhajan, who's being made to look like a schoolgirl.

jusarrived said:
i dont think hes dominated Mishra ....Bhajji is useless anyways !
Agreed, ha, especially on the Bhajji part. He is, indeed, useless.
You a fan of KP, bro?

Awesome innings, take a bow.

100 off 126 balls.

Did any one catch the sledging between Pietersen and the Yuvi? Sounded really funny. All i caught was Yuvraj holding his ribs and acting like a goon, and KP saying to him "i'm a little bit tougher than you mate"

15th century for KP, impressive knock so far.

off 126 balls, super effort, along with freddy who is 32* are the key if England are to have any chance of levelling the series. They need to score quickly and big!

On_the_up said:
off 126 balls, super effort, along with freddy who is 32* are the key if England are to have any chance of levelling the series. They need to score quickly and big!
:))) :))) england might as well come back home now there not ggod enough

The best thing about England's batting have been their run rate. They have scored at a brilliant RR so far which have given the Test match some hope of a result, rather than a dull draw.

I'm pleased with England's effort so far. We've been positive, and most of those who have been dismissed have been out to good bowling. It would take something really monumental for us to get the win here, but at least we're going for it.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff from FLintoff/Peterson man I was totally involved in the Oz game forgot about a potential cracker we may have on our hands here....

A hundred partnership between KP and Freddie should be the stuff of dreams for an England fan, but I still can't get enthused about cricket in India. I'm tempted to watch Manchester United on Ch. 5.

KP is the fastest man to 4000 test runs in history, in terms of days since debut.

saj786 said:
:))) :))) england might as well come back home now there not ggod enough
Stranger things have happened, Headingly 1981, and Kolkata 2001 to name two. You can never say never, thats what makes cricket such a wondefull game.

The England fans who've made the trip will be glad they did. Win, lose or draw, these fans appreciate good cricket, and we've seen that in abundance.

Apparently because the Barmy Army has been somewhat depleted in numbers on this tour, they've roped in some of the Indian fans to join in with their singing!

On_the_up said:
Pieterson 15 100s, 11 50s in tests now, thats some conversion rate..

Come on, man, it's been 4 years since his England debut. It's PietersEn.

DavidH said:
Come on, man, it's been 4 years since his England debut. It's PietersEn.
apologies for the spelling, i was referring to the number of times he converts a fifty into a 100.

He averages a century every three tests - up there with the best.

Superb innings by KP. He's answered his critics (like me) who said he shouldn't be playing with a broken rib.

England still in this game - just!

Agony for England. Flintoff out off the last ball of the day. What a pity. I really thought we still had a chance of pulling this off. Still possible, but it's a very outside chance now.

Big Harvey said:
Agony for England. Flintoff out off the last ball of the day. What a pity. I really thought we still had a chance of pulling this off. Still possible, but it's a very outside chance now.

:)))

Its England we are talking about mate

Big Harvey said:
Superb innings by KP. He's answered his critics (like me) who said he shouldn't be playing with a broken rib.

England still in this game - just!

Probably that worked to his advantage. He scored most of his runs off boundaries.

Dhoni was not going to take any chance. You could see that in the last session. This choking technique has been working for Dhoni.

IronMan2009 said:
Probably that worked to his advantage. He scored most of his runs off boundaries.

Like Greenidge. We should cripple him more often!

Great fight from KP and Flintoff but India still on top...If india can get a lead of 100 then they have a good chance to go for a win.....

Pieterson's arrogant personality may not be especially endearing, but he is a brilliant and dangerous batsman, who blends the orthodox with the unconventional.

Shame for the England that Flintoff was dismissed off the last ball, but he probably became pre-occupied and distracted with the light, so he only has himself to blame.

Dhoni was not going to take any chance. You could see that in the last session. This choking technique has been working for Dhoni.

He is certainly prepared to be very defensive when he thinks it's right.

Robert said:
Yes, but we had bowlers then.

I thought we bowled better here in the 1st innings than we did at Chennai.

We bowled the Indians out for 100 in the second innings in Mumbai in 2006 with a weaker bowling attack than this one.

Great fightback by England, the way test cricket has been going recently England should be open to chase anything without much fear. To be honest England have looked far more impressive in India than the Aussies ever did. Could the Aussies be no. 4 this time next year?

diondublin said:
Great fightback by England, the way test cricket has been going recently England should be open to chase anything without much fear. To be honest England have looked far more impressive in India than the Aussies ever did.

We need to sort a few problems out:

- get Vaughan back into form as an opener
- get Shah in the side
- get Monty bowling with confidence and variation

Then maybe we can knock Australia into fourth place.

Well played England, esp Kevin and Flintoff. What a response! I have developed an immense liking for KP, both as a captain and as a player.

India were far worse in Chennai at the end of day-3 and still managed to win, so you definitely have a good chance.

And yes, if you guys manage to win, i'll be cheerfully applauding all the way.

Ajeyastra said:
Well played England, esp Kevin and Flintoff. What a response! I have developed an immense liking for KP, both as a captain and as a player.

India were far worse in Chennai at the end of day-3 and still managed to win, so you definitely have a good chance.

Nah,i think this game is ours.

If india thinks they can knock the remaining 4 wickets inside 50 runs or the first hour, it is naive. Prior pretty much batted with out any problems in both innings in chennai. this pitch is much more easy to bat than chennai.Swan is an accomplished batsman. more importantly, i expect Broad to score many runs in boundaries. wont be surprised if England scores 400+ and bat out another session. indian bowlers have ben traditionally found wanting to knock over the lower order. i would be happy if sehwag helps india to set a 350 + target for england with about 80 overs to chase. but having watched KP toy with the spinners i am not sure Dhoni would risk even 400 in 2 sessions especially with SA winning a 414 chase and india 387 with just 4 wickets in the last 2 tests. india will play safe.DRAW because Harbhajan looks very ineffective right now.

Last edited:
Ajeyastra said:

I think a win is quite unlikely for us. Its one thing if you're up against England like we were in the first match and another when you're up against time.

Great innings by KP. Restrained innings by Flintoff. Never knew he could play a measured innings like that. Good for him. Pitch is turning very slow. Not lateral movement. Match is going to end in draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back