India v England - Dropped Catches

Zak_Fan

First Class Captain
Runs
Some great fast bowling from the pacers on a batta, and fielders drop 3 easy chances. :facepalm:

1) 0.3
Shami to Cook, no run, dropped by Rahane at gully.

2) 1.2
U Yadav to Cook, 2 runs, has that carried? Yes it has and dropped by Kohli at 2nd slip.

3) 5.5
U Yadav to Haseeb Hameed, 1 run, dropped! Such an easy take and Vijay the culprit at first slip.

All smiley only posts would be deleted , please refrain from posting such.

3 catches in the first 6 overs?

Is that a dedication to Pakistan from our neighbours :))

Here is the difference

Yes dropped catches but bowlers good enough to take wickets

Yadav to Stokes, 1 run, put down! Back of a length outside off and Stokes goes hard at it, slashes away from his body with an angled bat, and it was a few inches above the ground when it hit Saha's glove and popped out as he threw himself horizontally to his left

Yadav to Stokes, 1 run, another chance dropped! Wriddhiman Saha, what are you doing? Again it's shortish outside off, again Stokes slashes at it, again he gets a thick edge, and this time Saha doesn't even have to dive as far to his left. He gets both hands to it at a comfortable height and puts it down

DROPPED TWICE IN 2 OVERS. POOR YADAV

Wow, I think for the first time in a while, we actually have a better WK than the parosis. :kapil

We transferred the drop Jaraseem to England in that English Summer and the Poms are handing it now to India :))

Dropped Chances Helped us Set The Tone, Says Moeen Ali

Rajkot: If England have reached a commanding position in the first Test against India at Rajkot, dropped catches have contributed immensely, said England all-rounder Moeen Ali, who himself struck a century.

Indian fielders dropped three chances in the first hour of the match yesterday and today also Ben Stokes was dropped twice (on 60 and 61) by Wriddhiman Saha off Umesh Yadav.

Stokes went on to get highest score for England in the first innings with his 128-run knock.

Ali said it was nothing new in the game but surely it helped them.

"We have done that before a few times also. It can happen in cricket. But it set the tone for the rest of the day. We had a decent start at the end and it could have been lot different if those catches were taken. But these things happen and I am sure the guys will be working very on that," Moeen said at a press conference.

The left-handed batsman said the bounce on the SCA track will get lower and batting will be more difficult now.

"The bounce, I think is going to get little bit lower. The cracks are opening up a little bit. There was also a bit more spin as you saw tonight. It's a very good pitch, yesterday and today was very nice. I think the bounce will be a problem," said Ali.

Ali, who was on 99 at stumps on Wednesday, said he had slept well last night.

"I slept really well. I knew I had to get only one more run. I was fine," said Ali.

"There was no spin yesterday and today only towards the end there was a bit of spin. The good thing is we made them bowl a lot of overs. I think we are pleased with the way we played spin.

"I know there wasn't much spin but we didn't just prod around. We used our feet, went back and forth and took the attacking option. I think the wickets are going to get tougher through the series," he added.

Ali, who made 117, said compared to the wickets in Bangladesh the track here at the SCA Stadium was a batting paradise.

"The wickets are completely different. Bangladesh wickets were very tough and this wicket, compared to those wickets, was an absolute belter. The pitches are going to get tougher here and we know that."

He said a change in mentality was the reason for his recent success with the bat.

"I used to give away my wicket a few times. Last few months, I came to bat at number three and really taken the responsibility as a batsman. Last winter obviously I didn't play that well. I worked hard on my batting this summer.

"I was working hard in the nets. Hopefully you will see the results. The roles we play in this side are very important for the team. In this series I will have to bowl spin and do the batting as well. My aim is to always bat 200 balls and if I can bat 200 balls then I will score a hundred," he said,

He also praised the innings of Ben Stokes, who made 128 the innings' highest score.

"We are going to see so much of him with different kind of innings. We have seen him grind out a hundred as well and also play smart innings. I think today was perfect where he chanced his arm a bit. When you play with that freedom and that sort of fearless approach and he is becoming a fantastic all-rounder."

http://sports.ndtv.com/news/india-v...s-set-the-tone-says-moeen-ali-cricket-1623924

According to Jonty Rhodes, the biggest reason, even a good fielder, drops a catch is that he is Surprised by the fact that ball is coming at him and he is suppose to catch it. No anticipation. Even though most fielders anticipate, when nothing happens ball after ball, they stop anticipating and then get surprised by one that comes his way. Needless to say that the probabilty to drop a catch goes way up !!!!!

Part of the problem is because Asian wickets tend to be slower - the slip fielders are encouraged to move closer forward.

This reduces your reaction time, and partly why we're seeing all these drops from the Indian slip fielders.

Slip catching is NOT easy - posters who've played cricket will know just how sharp your reflexes must be - so we shouldn't be so quick to judgement. It is an art in itself.

India are usually an excellent fielding outfit but its gone badly wrong for them in Rajkot.

So the disease continues. :facepalm:

Shami to Cook, FOUR, India's dropping catches disease has just started! Jadeja not even getting a hand on this one at third slip. To see him stand in the slip cordon in itself is a suprise. Reacted late as he stretched both hands to his right and the ball flew past his grasp. Cook flicking a leg stump delivery and getting a thick leading edge. Went at a very catchable height, just that it went at pace and Jadeja's reactions weren't good enough. Cook was dropped early on at Rajkot, didn't go on to get many. But you give this man a life at your own peril. Shami the unlucky bowler

What a joke !!

Now Ashwin drops a dolly ! Cook survives again !

Shami to Cook, no run, "that's the one of the easiest catches put down" is the comment from Sir Ian Botham on air. What a miss. Cook is the luckiest man going around in Punjab at the moment. Look at Kohli.

India always reserves their worst fielding for England.

Both in Rajkot and Mohali, the seamers have started well on flat pitches but let down by the fielding.

Dismal from Ashwin.

You can't just drop Cook man, dropping him twice :facepalm:

All of the runs he is going to score now gonna hurt Kohli

India always reserves their worst fielding for England.

Both in Rajkot and Mohali, the seamers have started well on flat pitches but let down by the fielding.

Dismal from Ashwin.

Sadly, it will be one of Shami or Umesh getting the boot after we get thrashed in this match. Getting wickets in the first session was our only chance, and fielders have have thrown it away.

Sadly, it will be one of Shami or Umesh getting the boot after we get thrashed in this match. Getting wickets in the first session was our only chance, and fielders have have thrown it away.

We deserve to be thrashed. This is catching 101.

That said, I would like Umesh to be dropped for Bhuvi. There is just too much junk in his bowling.

Back