India v Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Mohali | 8/11/07 [Pak Inngs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Well, Pakistan set to chase 322. Huge total.

Need Butt to get a good, strong 50. Malik to come at 3, and Afridi at 5. And they all have to perform.

Pakistan have to bat really well if they want to win this game.. under lights its going to be tough

Pakistan have to make sure that they have a healthy run-rate and wickets in hand by the time the dew arrives. Then we can really get to the rocking part

The key on this pitch is to set yourself in and the scoring becomes easy.

Instead of coming out with guns blazing, Pakistan should look to minimize the wicket loss in the first 15 overs. Remember, India is a bowler short and the pitch is not spinning. Scoring against spin shouldn't be hard at all.

Inzi is usually good in orchestrating high chase. Not sure who is going to do that role here.

Sehwag will bowl flat spinners and Tendu will share a few with negative bowling!

Not watching the match.

Is India's score down to a batting beauty or crap bowling from Pak?

It all boils down to who really wants the win more - India or Pakistan. If the guys can set their sights on the target and focus on achieving this victory, we have a very good chance of pulling it off

Gooner said:
What rubbish from the bowlers. While the free hit rule has come in effect Pakistan have bowled more then15 No balls while India have bowled only a single no ball.

Good luck Pakistan and KAMRAN AKMAL, they gonna need it for sure!

Ok I guess Pak's bowling was crap.

Last edited:
Batting will be very difficult for the first 10 overs. PAK need to strike between the 10th and the 34th over.

Uzi said:
Not watching the match.

A combination of both really. The extras didn't help us either

Just cannot see it happening, we are no South Africa and Inzy is not here! Seriously, we have looked absolutely clueless in this series and I bet we have no plan/strategy to chase this down...

Uzi said:
Not watching the match.

Neither.
India just batted very well(especially Sachin). PAK fought back quite well though and had it not been for a Bhajji cameo we would have had them for 295

That first ball would have been 5 wides if Kamran was keeping.

well if Pak win this one some things might sort out themselves..these guys dont look as if they feel they can beat India..that needs to change

ok guyz, don't need to panic. we will win this game inshallah(if and only if we play in partnerships)

Hopefully they won't just slog but play using their mind and target some sort of score in every 5 overs.

lets see what happens..

more extras from India would be a nice gift..Pakistan need to win this one to get a good amount of confidence and light up this series...

I feel sorry for Akmal, after keeping wicket for 50 overs and 40 wides, he is back again to open after only a 15 minute break !!!!!

CricketBuff said:
I feel sorry for Akmal, after keeping wicket for 50 overs and 40 wides, he is back again to open after only a 15 minute break !!!!!

such things do not matter
well its is more than high time for Pakistan to be tough on their cricketers and demand more effort from them...

come on butty-boy!

i can see the 3rd man region already playing big for pak - hope we dont steer the ball into the slips inadvertantly

Indians have a good team guys, they have invested heavily in Cricket academies and coaching and are now getting the just rewards. Moreover they do also have the money to invest in Cricket.

Kam run has to take risks while Butt has to bat sensibly...or am I asking for too much?

CricketBuff said:
Indians have a good team guys, they have invested heavily in Cricket academies and coaching and are now getting the just rewards. Moreover they do also have the money to invest in Cricket.
its the belief...India belive they can thrash Pakistan...and this Pakistan team fear losing..its looks that way at least

we really don't want the RRR creeping too high hopefully kamy will keep it in check

Its inverse. Akmals moving the score and Butt is ticking...

dont worry about the strike rate...wickets is the key..the dew will come in and after that teams have easily maintained rr of 8 also while chasing...

even average batsmen look good when there is dew...memories..Ind v Pak 4th ODI in Jeet lo Dil..and also the 5th when Malik and Moin batted so easily when the dew came in

inzidabest said:
even average batsmen look good when there is dew...memories..Ind v Pak 4th ODI in Jeet lo Dil..and also the 5th when Malik and Moin batted so easily when the dew came in

Aren't you being a tad petty here?

Butt misses out on a 3rd successive boundary!

34-0

inzidabest said:
:110: When will you ever back OUR team? (apart from when they are 100% on their way to winning?)

inzidabest said:
??whts wrng in what I said there

I think you are laying the groundwork for your excuses in the unlikley event that we win. Which is fine, as long as you don't belittle the efforts of Moin and the others you listed. You need to bat well to score runs, dew or not.

Oxy said:
:110: When will you ever back OUR team? (apart from when they are 100% on their way to winning?)
always backing
that was to counter the strike rate issue.
but then dont expect me to praise the wrong doings

Oxy said:

I'm sorry this is pak we are talking abt here - when are we EVER safe and 100% on our way to winning?

Akmal gone, intresting to see who pakistan send in next!

the true passionist said:
more like regulation catch.

Younis and Butt have to stick together and rotate the strike.
No reckless shot please!
I'm judging by Pak fielding standards :D

mooz said:
I think you are laying the groundwork for your excuses in the unlikley event that we win. Which is fine, as long as you don't belittle the efforts of Moin and the others you listed. You need to bat well to score runs, dew or not.
who said I dont want Pakistan to win..
I said I dont want them to give 50 extras.
I dont want them to claim that Rao, Rehman are great bowlers.
Dont want them to claim that this bowling attack is even good.
Doing right things is different, winning and losing is different.

akmal throws his wicket away. way to go kami pasha. 1st u drop gambhir and now u do jack with bat.

come on guyz, don't lose ur heart ..we just need couple of good partnerships..
inshallah pakistan will win this match. just calm down..
btw how was yuvi's catch? its sad that i am working today :'(

3 boundaries saved by Indian fielders already...

YK sent in at 3, expect scoring rate to drop quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back