India v S Lanka | 2nd Test | Kanpur| 24-28 Nov 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
India win the toss and will collapse .. woops .. I mean bat first :p

India team
V Sehwag, G Gambhir, R Dravid, SR Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, VVS Laxman, MS Dhoni*†, Harbhajan Singh, PP Ojha, Z Khan, S Sreesanth
Sri Lanka team
TM Dilshan, NT Paranavitana, KC Sangakkara*, DPMD Jayawardene, TT Samaraweera, AD Mathews, HAPW Jayawardene†, BAW Mendis, HMRKB Herath, M Muralitharan, UWMBCA Welegedara

The legendary SreeSanth is back, hold your breaths for some onfield slaps exchange between Bhaji and Sree.

Last edited:
Afridi_Fan said:
India team
V Sehwag, G Gambhir, R Dravid, SR Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, VVS Laxman, MS Dhoni*†, Harbhajan Singh, PP Ojha, Z Khan, S Sreesanth
Sri Lanka team
TM Dilshan, NT Paranavitana, KC Sangakkara*, DPMD Jayawardene, TT Samaraweera, AD Mathews, HAPW Jayawardene†, BAW Mendis, HMRKB Herath, M Muralitharan, UWMBCA Welegedara

lanka playing 3 spinners ?

mindless slogging said:
Wow, no Indians posting on this thread yet.

they are just too mesmerized by aamer's bowling .. becharai forgot about their own team ;-)

kashif77 said:
they are just too mesmerized by aamer's bowling .. becharai forgot about their own team ;-)

Or maybe their too busy thinking of excuses to defend Sachin and Sambit Bal. ;-)

Sri Lanka with 3 spinners...so who are the known pacers for Lanka then? Except Welegedara

Ok I think Mathews will take the new ball. Forgot him completely.

Alright we need to get early wickets again. No doubt this pitch is flat as tack as well.

I see the MIGHTY & TALL ISHANT is not playing. Was he dropped?

Good luck to Sreesanth, talented bowler if he gets his head right.

Welegedara to Sehwag, 1 run, dropped, chasing a wide one, tries to play it through the covers, gets a thick edge as it moves away a hint, Prasanna Jayawardene dives full length to his right, can't reach it but there's Mahela Jayawardene at slip who spills it after the keeper blocks his view

This is not good. Indians have done good against sri lanka and NZ is doing good here. Vary sad day, Thanks to Mr. Imran Farhat

Random Aussie said:
Whatever "it" is, Mendis has lost "it"

To be honest, he has looked like a poor mans Anil Kumble for a while.

But don't know whats going on in this game - another Ahmedabad pitch?

insaaniyat said:
This is not good. Indians have done good against sri lanka and NZ is doing good here. Vary sad day, Thanks to Mr. Imran Farhat

6 wickets down on the first day is not 'doing good'.

Looks like Lankans have their task cut out from here. Would like to see how Sanga handles pressure. He wasn't very impressive in putting pressure. can he handle it when it is his turn.

Sanga is ultimate bonehead playing 3 spinners.

India's weakness has always been to accurate medium pacers.

If this is a phatta wicket, I think BCCI should be ashamed of it.

India is progressing very well it seems they have built a new GT road in kanpur.

Why is Pragyan Ohja playing?? What happened to Mishra?

To be fair though, if Sri Lanka get into a postion where they have to bowl out India on the last day, like the previous test, playing 3 spinners may turn out to be genius.

Afridi_Fan said:
If this is a phatta wicket, I think BCCI should be ashamed of it.

We will find out on days 4 and 5 I guess.

Last edited:
India caning SL at the moment eh. 131 for zip.

Where's the MIGHTY AND TALL ISHANT? I thought he was the second coming of Joel Garner?

pun500 said:
an absolute whooping for lanka atm

Not much any team can do when Viru is flying. You just have to wait until he gets out and Dravid will pull the run rate back to normal.

Pity the Lankans if he is in for a good day though.....

Random Aussie said:
Not much any team can do when Viru is flying. You just have to wait until he gets out and Dravid will pull the run rate back to normal.

So you do rate an Indian player.... ;-)

Random Aussie said:

yes but gambit is also scoring extremely fast

Her Sri Lankan bowler per her over mein aik four Sehwag ney lazmi qarar diya hai.

This looks like an ODI match. India on track for easily over 400, maybe 500 at stumps I reckon.

Zahid87 said:
So you do rate an Indian player.... ;-)

Yup I rate a few of them. I don't rate many of their supporter though :D

As others have said, this is a killing. If they were to continue at this rate for the day they would have 510+ on the board.

Murali has just lost it these days...he has been struggling for the last few months...Can't believe they went with only 2 seamers...1 not even a regular opening bowler!

Random Aussie said:
Yup I rate a few of them. I don't rate many of their supporter though :D

As others have said, this is a killing. If they were to continue at this rate for the day they would have 510+ on the board.

Doubt it. India has a tendency to lose all the momentum that Sehwag gains for them, as soon as he gets out. Remember the Bangalore (I think) test against them, they were cruising when he was there, as soon as he goes, they lost all momentum, and lost the game.

Same will happen here, but if he bats all day then who knows what the score will be.

Last edited:
Zahid87 said:
Doubt it. India has a tendency to lose all the momentum that Sehwag gains for them, as soon as he gets out. Remember the Bangalore (I think) test against them, they were cruising when he was there, as soon as he goes, they lost all momentum, and lost the game.

Same will happen here, but if he bats all day then who knows what the score will be.
that happens rarely when we screw up a start.. yes the runrate goes down obviously

ali_ed2006 said:
Murali has just lost it these days...he has been struggling for the last few months...Can't believe they went with only 2 seamers...1 not even a regular opening bowler!

I don't think they have any uninjured seamers to pick.

Well lets not forget even if Sehwag does not bat all day..Gambhir is still there and he scores pretty quick too...then there's Sachin and Yuvraj..

Only guys that are slow are Dravid and Laxman.

Random Aussie said:
I don't think they have any uninjured seamers to pick.

that could be. I thought I read on Cricinfo they had Fernando available. He would have definitely been a better choice over Herath, or even maybe Murali given his current form and how bad he has always been against India.

ali_ed2006 said:
that could be. I thought I read on Cricinfo they had Fernando available. He would have definitely been a better choice over Herath, or even maybe Murali given his current form and how bad he has always been against India.
nope kulasekara , tushara , fernando all are fit ... but spinners are playing because of the history ( 3 day test match vs saf)

Now with such field until a batsman goes crazy and hits across the line how do you expect the bowler to get a wicket?

Woah what an opening stand. Wish we'd have one of these. But Shewag is making the Lankans pay for the catch dropped in the first over. Talk about a costly miss!

I bet that Mendis will come on and get a wicket. Probably Sehwag trying to hammer him out of the ground.

Come on Sanga the batsman is in his Ninties for God sake you are giving an easy hundred away

so thats the end of brutal sehwag 131 india 233/1 in just 41overs

Last edited:
Afridi_Fan said:
gauti goes to his 100.

:14: :14: :14: :14:

I actually rate Angry Little Man. He's a decent batsman and looks more solid than Viru does. Viru is a bit like Gilly, you never feel safe when he's at the crease, whether you're on his team or the opposition.

India could have 450-500 here by the end of the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back