India v South Africa | 2nd Test - Day 1&2 | Kolkatta | 14+15/02/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see clear signs of groupings in this indian team.
One group called half volleys lead by mishra ji with zaheer khan. The other group called long hops and half trackers is lead by Harbjhan singh and has ishant sharma as an active member .

Last edited:
Afridi_Fan said:
Totally India's session as they got Smith out.
Without a doubt india,s session. Long may they continue to dominate like this.
P.s. Kaise ho yaar AF kal ka banter dil pe to nai le liya?.

saeed-sohail said:
Without a doubt india,s session. Long may they continue to dominate like this.
P.s. Kaise ho yaar AF kal ka banter dil pe to nai le liya?.

Kon sa banter?

Mughey ye bhi yaad nahi key mein ney nashtey mein kia khaya tha, tum kal ki baat kertey ho.

I'm fine, what about you?

Fanie De Villiers on Superspot was not very kind to Sharma. "Sharma is a bit ordinary isn't he ? I remember him bowling in the 140's when he started but last s games he arely gets it in the 130's. He's a very ordinary bowler. Surely India has someone better than him ?"

Well played Amla.

South Africa well on their way to scoring 400+ on this first day

Looks like SRT will get a chance now to bring up his 47th ton this match...
Er, nth number of time for losing cause :)))

LAXMAN!!

:))) I just had a flashback of our own fielders there for a sec.

Pathetic. What a dolly he's dropped.

Why do I have a feeling Amla will score another double century now?! :))

I just go away for ten minutes and there seems to have been a dropped catch. How bad (easy) was it?

Momo said:
I just go away for ten minutes and there seems to have been a dropped catch. How bad (easy) was it?

Ok, here is the comparison.

Only butt and farhat would have dropped that.

33.1 Harbhajan to Amla, no run, VVS Laxman at slip has put down the simplest of catches! he went hard at it, gets a thick edge and he puts down a catch which he would have caught in his sleep otherwise

I have a feeling India might regret making a turning pitch. If Zaheer can have seam movement imagine Steyn having at 150K+

"Hashim is a good believer."

A comment from a quite heated discussion on the match.

:))

Cover Drive said:
I thought there was a riot
Don't worry you are in with a great chance of seeing a riot as well if/when India nears losing this match.

The Kolkota walas are extremely 'patriotic'.

Momo said:
Don't worry you are in with a great chance of seeing a riot as well if/when India nears losing this match.

The Kolkota walas are extremely 'patriotic'.
:))

Really this makes me laugh so bad. We are ranked as 6th-7th team in tests and our bowling is miles better than the No 1 ranked team.

:))) :))) :))) :)))

Afridi_Fan said:
Really this makes me laugh so bad. We are ranked as 6th-7th team in tests and our bowling is miles better than the No 1 ranked team.

We don't play Sri Lanka or Bangladesh that often

Afridi_Fan said:

To be honest their batting is miles better then ours.

If our batsman actually knew how to hold a bat we would be in the top 3 in terms of rankings.

Afridi_Fan said:

Tells you how unstable our batting is...

Yes our batting is sh!t not arguing that, but these bowlers ranked as No 1 Test ranked team is a shame, isn't it?

We are No 6, 7 due to our batting, fair enough, but does this bowling line up deserve to be No 1?

kingusama92 said:
To be honest their batting is miles better then ours.

If our batsman actually knew how to hold a bat we would be in the top 3 in terms of rankings.
Plus their players don't hate each other's guts as our 'byes' do. :moyo :malik

WithLoveFromCanada said:
well played south africa, kuch bhi ho yaar bus india haar jaye.

Yea but then they'll schedule in a couple of series against Bangladesh and West Indies to move back on top.

but i still want to see Sehwag bat. Sehwag and Gayle are perhaps the only two openers for whom I will stay awake in anticipation of their batting.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
but i still want to see Sehwag bat. Sehwag and Gayle are perhaps the only two openers for whom I will stay awake in anticipation of their batting.

I agree.

I used to get the same feeling for Hayden and Saeed Anwar as well. Truly entertaining in their stroke play.

Momo mere pyaray mod, india doesnt have a friendship club like we do. When will the time come when India will have backstabbers of our laadlay bachay type caliber :malik:

kingusama92 said:
I agree.

I used to get the same feeling for Hayden and Saeed Anwar as well. Truly entertaining in their stroke play.

Yup, I waited the other day too but too bad rain interrupted.

Lets wish Gayle gets going tonight :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back