India vs Australia | 1st Test | Chennai | 23/2/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattinson is clearly being used for short 145k bursts, he wouldn't have been able to maintain that pace.

Well that is quite ridiculous because if Tendulkar and Pujara do get settled than Pattinson's pace won't be troubling them he should've at least bowled 2 overs at both of them while they were still new at the crease.

Well that is quite ridiculous because if Tendulkar and Pujara do get settled than Pattinson's pace won't be troubling them he should've at least bowled 2 overs at both of them while they were still new at the crease.

Mate I'm sorry to be rude but it's called a tactic, a human being cannot bowl at 90mph forever. This is not cricket computer game. I think Clarke nets with these guys a lot, and knows his strike bowler's fitness and capabilities better than us at home.

Was pretty flat, the bowling was good that is why it did not look so flat.

Oh you are a fanboy arent you. The weather was not hot and the ball was swinging and seaming like it never does in Chennai. Even our trundlers got wickets. What did they this test match

Oh you are a fanboy arent you. The weather was not hot and the ball was swinging and seaming like it never does in Chennai. Even our trundlers got wickets. What did they this test match

It was very humid and hot, and no your trundlers did not get wickets they just got 4 wickets.
It doesn't look like you watched that match nor does it look you are watching this one the ball is clearly seaming right now.

B.Kumar Average speed 128kph
Ishant Average speed 130kph

Starc Average speed 140kph
Pattinson Average speed 145kph
Siddle Average speed 138kph

Mate I'm sorry to be rude but it's called a tactic, a human being cannot bowl at 90mph forever. This is not cricket computer game. I think Clarke nets with these guys a lot, and knows his strike bowler's fitness and capabilities better than us at home.

Pattison is 22 year old he isn't 7 feet he is well built and yet he bowls spell of 3 overs?
No this isn't a cricket game but this is Test Cricket even Irfan can bowl a spell of 5 overs and maintain his pace above 140ks and yet Irfan is 7 feet and not fit.
And the weather at Cape Town was 30 Degrees that day and it's the same in Chennai today.

It was very humid and hot, and no your trundlers did not get wickets they just got 4 wickets.
It doesn't look like you watched that match nor does it look you are watching this one the ball is clearly seaming right now.

Its not seaming like it did that day. I'm pretty sure you are not watching the game or either you are blind. And December is not that hot in Chennai compared to Febrauary. How do I Know. I live there :)

Pattison is 22 year old he isn't 7 feet he is well built and yet he bowls spell of 3 overs?
No this isn't a cricket game but this is Test Cricket even Irfan can bowl a spell of 5 overs and maintain his pace above 140ks and yet Irfan is 7 feet and not fit.
And the weather at Cape Town was 30 Degrees that day and it's the same in Chennai today.

Pattinson just came back from a few months of injury.

He spends half the year injured.

Its not seaming like it did that day. I'm pretty sure you are not watching the game or either you are blind. And December is not that hot in Chennai compared to Febrauary. How do I Know. I live there :)

Well has the thought ever occurred to your mind that it was moving because Junaid was bowling well?
Siddle is seaming the ball and the ball did not move a great distance that day and only Junaid was the one who actually was swinging the ball.
It doesn't seem you actually ever leave your house the temperate was 26 Degrees that day and 70% humidity, today it is 30 Degrees and 48% humidity.
But than again there is no use in arguing with you.
Expect of course that Trundler Bhuvneshwar.

Pattinson breaks down every three games he plays. His workload had to be managed, they will use him as a strike bowler. And Irfan this Irfan that he doesn't have any wickets and Patto just bowled both openers....,

Pattinson breaks down every three games he plays. His workload had to be managed, they will use him as a strike bowler. And Irfan this Irfan that he doesn't have any wickets and Patto just bowled both openers....,

I wasn't talking about their ability to take wickets.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Har har, terrible Aussie spinner bowling past-it Sachin back into form!

agreed but still just 3 overs of 20 overs when he took the wicket in the 3rd over...anyway, we all can say anything, but whether the tactic was good or bad could only be judged in hindsight..

Pujara is full of confidence. I mean even Tendulkar has looked edgy but Pujara has looked unflustered. Reminds a lot of Dravid.

Just wth is Clarke trying with Stark and that field! Sub standard cricket

Pujara is like Dravid with a far better SR. Good prospect for us.

I got curious about what Gobi Manchurian is. I looked it up on youtube, and it just seems to be gobi pakoras from what I saw. Didnt look anything special to me. Am I missing something?

Nothing special as an item of food, but special because of its ubiquitous presence in every street corner. Also, funny name because a Manchurian person would balk at the association of something this fiery and fried with their cuisine :razzaq

The ave first innings score batting first here is around 340.
The ave first innings score of sides batting first here and then going on to lose is around 270.
The ave first innings score batting first here to win/draw/tie is around 365.
And only twice has sides gone on to lose after scoring 300+ in the first innings here
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/361050.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63921.html

So with 380 on the board Aus is very well placed thanks to Clarke.

I hope he retires after this series, a tour to SA will just end in tears.

Wasnt it not even 2 years ago he scored thaose back to back tons against Steyn and company in SA?

This is the worst place to bowl for fast bowlers unless u have pace like Patto guys like Philander Junaid will be smacked to all parts in this flat mudy pitch

Time for Siddle, Starc and Pattinson to take up spin bowling?

Pattinson injured?

Don't think so, using the strike bowler in short spells is a Clarke tactic. But agree he needs to be back on soon.

These two are key for India, the other two batters are rubbish. Need to get Pujara because we haven't been able to get Tendy out for two decades

What kind of a shot was that lol. Pattinson gets another Pujara goes.

What a gun bowler. 'Short bursts is a stupid tactic' lol and he has taken 3 top order wickets.

Seriously it will be a very sad day when Sachin retires. Will be a huge loss to the game. Love watching him bat. :(

Kohli getting into the act now. Looks good for a big one.

Seriously it will be a very sad day when Sachin retires. Will be a huge loss to the game. Love watching him bat. :(

agree.I dont see how some people can hate him as much as they do.Hes just so good to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back