India vs Australia | 1st Test | Chennai | 23/2/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah_1

Senior T20I Player
Runs
this was day 1

BDv0DK0CMAAjq9S.jpg

it was a very interesting day indeed, this match is set up nicely.

Looking forward to see Sachin bat on day 2, either he is going to be hailed or it is pretty obvious.

:))

Nice troll job by the papers.

The BCCI is stupid for not allowing them rights to print actual pictures.

Actually paper have done their best job to illustrate what actually happened, there was no other way :))

Go AUS! Need to post another 50 odd runs from here and then start the bowling. Starc will be the man.

Im happy with our score, any more is a bonus.

I think the key today will be what our quicks can get out of the wicket, the Indian seamers got nothing but with all undeserved respect our seamers are a lot better bowlers.

Im happy with our score, any more is a bonus.

Just be thankful, DRS is not there. :p

I think the key today will be what our quicks can get out of the wicket, the Indian seamers got nothing but with all undeserved respect our seamers are a lot better bowlers.
In addition to number of blunders, mistakes and errors umpires will make today.

I'd like to see us hit 350-370 with a wagging tail but coming from 5fer 150 I would have gladly taken 280-300.

On this pitch where it IS reversing and spinning I think we have made a challenging total which with the bonus of not having to bat last gives us a good chance to pinch the first test.

Lyon & Clarke are not as good as Ashwin in these conditions (although Lyon was arguably the better bowler in Oz conditions) but I think our quicks reversing it at 140kph+ will be harder than theirs reversing at 130-135kph.

Interesting to see Patto's speed. He's touted as this speedster but I've never seen him really rattle the speedgun higher than 142 or so myself.

This is the "pitch" on day one. If Australia bowl well, there is no way in hell India is making 250 here.

This is the "pitch" on day one. If Australia bowl well, there is no way in hell India is making 250 here.
Bowl well with who... Monty, Swann or Ajmal? They have one spinner .... who is ten times worse than Harbhjan... and you saw what Harbhjan did yesterday!

The pitch we used to play club cricket on in Pakistan, had 20 times less loose dirt and had 20 times more even surface! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Bowl well with who... Monty, Swann or Ajmal? They have one spinner .... who is ten times worse than Harbhjan... and you saw what Harbhjan did yesterday!
:

Everyone seems to ignore the fact Lyon isn't bad at all. His average is identical (32.4) to the invincible Ashwin, & Lyon has been playing on Aussie decks not raging turners.

That average is also identical to Monty's. Lyon is no Swann/Ajmal but he isn't the mug he is sometimes made out to be.

The pitch we used to play club cricket on in Pakistan, had 20 times less loose dirt and had 20 times more even surface! :facepalm:

Australian seamers are way better than the Indian ones.

Last edited:
Aussies waved cheerily from their team bus, the snooty Indians didn't. Then again, many of the former are n00bs.

Indian batting line up
Sehwag - Old and an FTB
Vijay - Useless
Pujara - half decent bat in-form
Sachin - over the hill and selfish player
Kohli - Test failure
Jadeja - better than Sobers legend
Dhoni - a T20 hack

Aus should rip them apart.

Everyone seems to ignore the fact Lyon isn't bad at all. His average is identical (32.4) to the invincible Ashwin, & Lyon has been playing on Aussie decks not raging turners.

That average is also identical to Monty's. Lyon is no Swann/Ajmal but he isn't the mug he is sometimes made out to be.

Most of his wickets have been tailenders/lower order. He has taken 61 wickets. Only 24 of those are batsmen 1-6..... other 37 have been 7-11.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...e=results;type=bowling;view=dismissal_summary

I don't think, he will be as threatening as Ashwin, Ajmal, Monty or Swann on this pitch against this batting line.

Last edited:
Most of his wickets have been tailenders/lower order. He has taken 61 wickets. Only 24 of those are batsmen 1-6..... other 37 have been 7-11.

I don't think, he will be as threatening as Ashwin, Ajmal, Monty or Swann on this pitch against this batting line.

That's 35% top order wickets. About right for a (non GOAT worthy) spinner, especially since we have fast bowlers who regularly remove half those top6 batters before he ever gets the ball. Unlike every Indian spinner ever. So that stat is not telling the whole story.

Starc will be major threat for india he bowls pretty quick these days and he was even clocking at 150 kph against Srilanka :lee

That's 35% top order wickets. About right for a (non GOAT worthy) spinner, especially since we have fast bowlers who regularly remove half those top6 batters before he ever gets the ball. Unlike every Indian spinner ever. So that stat is not telling the whole story.

Hate to nitpick... but top order 1-6 (six batting positions = 35%) ..... lower batting order 7-11 (five batting positions = 65%)... :)

But I agree... in Australia, your seamers removed the top order, so he was left to bowl at middle to lower order.... but then the million $$$ question is.... who is going to remove the top order today.... Lyon or seamers?

Jadeja getting cat calls when he bowls. Hilarious.

LOL the entire stand is cheering out "Sir Jaddu" when he's just come to field right in front of us at third man. The amount of flak he gets...

Australia are looking good to score about 400, Clarke has just been magnificent.

Just goes to show how pathetic Indian bowlin gis even in these helpful conditions for spinners...

No one including Ashwin looks like picking up wickets today...

Aus will score over 450 and India will choke.

There is no life to our effort at all. Nobody is even talking to each other. Pathetic.

Seems like they are just going through the motions. If you can't get a no.9 out on this pitch then you might as well not even bother playing test cricket. No passion whatsoever

Last edited:
Yaar sehwag has dropped another catch!!how many more catches does he need to drop to get dropped from the team.
Funny thing is dhoni is still keeping him at slips.these losers deserve to lose!!

Seems like they are just going through the motions. If you can't get a no.9 out on this pitch then you might as well not even bother playing test cricket. No passion whatsoever

The pitch is too slow. Its not easy to get wickets. You need to have some grass on pitch for good cricket. This will be a dull draw.

Can someone update me what is the pitch behaving like, it does not look like a minefield.

Hats off to Indian fans for following this torture... :facepalm: worthy performance

Bhajji doing something atleast

Ishant is useless selection on this pitch as I said yesterday

Bhajji doing something atleast

Ishant is useless selection on this pitch as I said yesterday

Jadeja to Lyon, no run, beaten on the sweep, India appeal on cue, but this has hit him well outside the line. I tell you what, Dharmasena must have made a few mistakes, but India's appealing has been ridiculous, and crying wolf every time doesn't help you when there is no DRS

Jadeja to Lyon, no run, beaten on the sweep, India appeal on cue, but this has hit him well outside the line. I tell you what, Dharmasena must have made a few mistakes, but India's appealing has been ridiculous, and crying wolf every time doesn't help you when there is no DRS

saw that,CricIndia or cricinfo?

The pitch is too slow. Its not easy to get wickets. You need to have some grass on pitch for good cricket. This will be a dull draw.

Why dont you save yourself the trouble and put "this match will be a draw" in your sig.

Gadha posting every test is gonna be a draw every match thread

:facepalm:Now these average pie floaters can't even get number 10 and 11 out

Why dont you save yourself the trouble and put "this match will be a draw" in your sig.

Gadha posting every test is gonna be a draw every match thread

Got to give him credit for posting updates every minute though, takes some dedication :misbah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back