India vs Australia | 3rd Test | Mohali | 14/3/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on India, another couple of wickets by the end of the day's play ....

This is why MSD avoided taking new ball

All our bowlers barring Bhuvi seems to be doing a decent job with Older soft ball :)

Cric buzz chat : Score 247/6 . India only need to take 3 more wickets and then clarke will declare... Lolz

CA must really be considering bringing back Ponting and Hussey for the ashes

CA must really be considering bringing back Ponting and Hussey for the ashes

While Ponting was completely out of touch, Hussey was actually in good form. Could have played for a little longer.

While Ponting was completely out of touch, Hussey was actually in good form. Could have played for a little longer.
Averaging 80 in Shield cricket, he recently scored a century and a double earlier also scored a century a few days after test retirement lol

At the end of the day it is 2 sessions (Post lunch and tea) for India against 1 session (morning) for Ozs. This despite losing the toss on a flat wicket :)

Poor decision to bring Bhuvi back. MSD should have either stuck with Ishant or given it to Ashwin.

Not the vicious one like chennai or even half troubling hyderabadi pitch.

It was pretty slow and predictable for batters
Still quite a bit of turn from day 1 tbh I was surprised to see the amount of turn considering all the comments on here saying the pitch was flat... Lets be honest if Ajmal or Swann were bowling on this I'm pretty sure no one on here would be calling it a flat wicket.

Last edited:
Still quite a bit of turn from day 1 tbh I was surprised to see the amount of turn considering all the comments on here saying the pitch was flat...

Those comments were based on expectations from Chennai and Hyderabad pitches :)

Some easy runs being given by Bhuvi here :facepalm:

I said this an hour back that we will bowl more than the required number of overs

We are into our 101st over now and might bowl an over or two more after this.

8 mins to Close of play

Jaddu and Ashwin should bowl an over each if possible

I said this an hour back that we will bowl more than the required number of overs

We are into our 101st over now and might bowl an over or two more after this.

For a possible result, the more no. of overs are bowled, the better it is.

Safe to say India's day

Yes. But we have poor track record in letting the hook off when all things are seems to be under control. Hopefully we finish the Oz tail cheaply tomorrow morning (IMO, anything <350 will be a good achievement)

Safe to say India's day

I beg to differ. OZ have reached a decent score on this pitch, which shall get slower & lower as the match progresses which shall make it hard for stroke makers.

India has the edge, but not by much.

I beg to differ. OZ have reached a decent score on this pitch, which shall get slower & lower as the match progresses which shall make it hard for stroke makers.

India has the edge, but not by much.
There's turn in the pitch but the australian spinners can't seem to exploit it as well as the indians

273/7 at stumps ....will Clarke be pleased ?

He will be mighty pleased that Smith has clicked and still not out at the crease.

Starc looks like a decent batter himself. Need to get one of these two batsmen out early tomorrow or else we will be in for big trouble.

He will be mighty pleased that Smith has clicked and still not out at the crease.

Starc looks like a decent batter himself. Need to get one of these two batsmen out early tomorrow or else we will be in for big trouble.

still think a result possible here ?

Aussies once again have struggle on the whole. they got off to a good start but there frailties against half decent spin is there for all to see and expose.

With 3 days left i can still see India pushing for a win in this game.

Still some hopes of a result in this match.

Both Starc & Smith usually get on with it so the game will move forward tomorrow morning, one way or another. Oz will either get 350 or be all out for 290 all in the first session.

The big decider for a result is whether India can bat long in their 1st innings or whether Oz can get into them cheaply. We haven't really managed it so far so it will take someting remarkable to do so.

Steve Smith may play his way into the team for good if he kicks on tomorrow.

Wow from none for 139 to 273/7 way to screw up a decent platform :facepalm:

In Aus's last Test here back in 2010 they made around 430 batting first with Watson piling on the runs.

Wow from none for 139 to 273/7 way to screw up a decent platform :facepalm:

Poor old P. Hughes is totally out of his depth and has been completely unable to build on several quite decent starts by the openers. It has contributed (not the sole reason) to us never really being able to threaten a huge score on this tour. Quite often he has actually swing the momentum back to India by being completely unable to score at all, for over after over before getting out.

Needs a ton next innings or he is gone for Watson/Kwahaja next match.

Poor old P. Hughes is totally out of his depth and has been completely unable to build on several quite decent starts by the openers. It has contributed (not the sole reason) to us never really being able to threaten a huge score on this tour. Quite often he has actually swing the momentum back to India by being completely unable to score at all, for over after over before getting out.

Needs a ton next innings or he is gone for Watson/Kwahaja next match.

I actually thought he would do well in these conditions. He was in good touch as well leading up to this series. Not sure what the heck has gone wrong with him. Maybe he's playing the pitch more than the ball. TBH I would still stick with him though. I see something in him worth investing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back