Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
sorry to burst your bubble , BJParty over 300 ....
Nope. Have said this weeks back. They might just scrape through. But this will chop away at Modi's powers, and BJP leaders who've been silent out of fear will rise. Modi is done. BJP might get another term, but he's off to Gujarat and with some luck, jail :dhoni

Nope. Have said this weeks back. They might just scrape through. But this will chop away at Modi's powers, and BJP leaders who've been silent out of fear will rise. Modi is done. BJP might get another term, but he's off to Gujarat and with some luck, jail :dhoni
Pillion Seth , would love 2 see what you say but the only way the vile Gujju thug gets binned is if his party polls below or around 240 .....

‘We appeal PM Modi to abandon politics of hatred,’ says RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav​

Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Monday took a dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his much-debated remarks against the Congress party's policies. Yadav on Monday accused the prime minister of resorting to politics of hatred and ignoring the real issues of the people in the Lok Sabha election 2024.

"PM Modi should talk about real issues. We appeal with folded hands for PM Modi to abandon politics of hatred and focus on substantial matters. The youth, the elderly, the working class, the farmers, and our mothers and sisters all have a common target, like Arjuna, and that is poverty, inflation, unemployment, and a failing economy. These are the actual issues," Yadav said.

The RJD leader said that PM Modi only talks about religious structures and similar issues. Yadav appealed to the Prime Minister to address issues like unemployment and poverty.

“It is unbecoming of a Prime Minister to only talk about temples and mosques, and Hindu-Muslim issues. All citizens, especially the majority population, are troubled by unemployment and poverty. Our soldiers are troubled by the Agniveer scheme. Why isn't he addressing these matters?” said Yadav.

Ex-Karnataka deputy CM expelled by BJP

BJP expelled KS Eshwarappa from the party for 6 years for embarrassing the party by contesting as an Independent from Shivamogga constituency: Statement

HT

BJP moves Election Commission against Rahul Gandhi

Today we have complained to Election Commission about the way Rahul Gandhi is constantly conspiring to make the country fight in the name of language and province. This time, the Congress has hatched a conspiracy to make the country fight by creating a rift between North and South. In his speeches, he has made every effort to make North and South fight. The country is progressing, but Rahul Gandhi is talking about dividing the country into pieces. We have complained about this in writing and demanded strict action. The BJP respects all languages: Tarun Chugh, BJP

HT

Assam CM backs PM Modi's speech on Muslims

Congress party is only focused on one community. BJP is focused on all the community. Congress has said that the first right of the resources of the nation lies with one community. Are we not taxpayers? Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes and OBCs of these countries are not taxpayers?: Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam CM

HT

'Congress is only party that can take on the BJP nationally,' says Sachin Pilot

Lok Sabha election 2024 LIVE: Congress leader Sachin Pilot says, "The only party that can take on the BJP nationally is the Congress party and the people of India know that. In this Lok Sabha elections, we will increase our numbers and the INDIA alliance will form the government on 4 June."

HT

'Congress is focused on one community, BJP is focused on all community,' says Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma

Lok Sabha election 2024 LIVE: BJP leader and Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma has taken a dig at the Congress party. He said, "Congress is only focused on one community. BJP is focused on all the community. Congress has said that the first right of the resources of the nation lies with one community. Are we not taxpayers? Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Castes and OBCs of these countries are not taxpayers? It is on record that the Congress party has said that the first right of the resources of this nation lies with one community. We said that the first right of the resources of this country lies with the youth, women, SC, ST, farmers, hard-working toiling masses."

HT

Gujarat CM congratulates BJP candidate from Surat for being elected unopposed

Lok Sabha election 2024 LIVE: Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel has congratulated BJP candidate from Surat for being elected unopposed in the Lok Sabha election 2024.
"Hearty congratulations and best wishes to Surat Lok Sabha seat candidate Shri Mukeshbhai Dalal for being elected unopposed," wrote Patel on X(formerly Twitter).

"This is the beginning of the historic victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the whole of India, including Gujarat, in the Lok Sabha elections. This is a clear indication of the lotus blossoming with BJP's resounding victory in all 26 seats in Gujarat and the realization of the resolve of #AbKiBaar400Paar under the leadership of Hon'ble Modiji," added the Gujarat CM

HT

Election Commission orders repolling in eight Arunachal Pradesh booths on April 24

Lok Sabha election 2024 LIVE: The Election Commission of India on Monday has directed repolling at eight polling stations in Arunachal Pradesh due to reported incidents of EVM damage and violence during the simultaneous Lok Sabha and Assembly elections on April 19, an official stated.

The Commission declared the polling at these eight stations as invalid and ordered fresh polling to be conducted on April 24, from 6 am to 2 pm, according to a communication from Deputy Chief Electoral Officer Liken Koyu.

The polling stations slated for re-polling include Sario in the Bameng assembly constituency in East Kameng district, Longte Loth in the Nyapin assembly seat in Kurung Kumey, as well as Dingser, Bogiya Siyum, Jimbari, and Lengi polling booths under the Nacho constituency in Upper Subansiri district.

HT

@pillionrider I can assure you Caste driven is politics is massive in Tamil Nadu as well, Southern TN is infested with violence on Dalits.

I know you don’t see it and that’s fair but Christian missionaries are extensively targeting these districts and I do think blame BJP wanting to protect Hindu culture there because the dravidian parties are rabidly anti-Hinduism There esp DMK.

Doesn’t mean BJP doesn’t indulge in religion politics but I’m just saying why more and more I’m moving towards them every year.

'Congress is only party that can take on the BJP nationally,' says Sachin Pilot

Lok Sabha election 2024 LIVE: Congress leader Sachin Pilot says, "The only party that can take on the BJP nationally is the Congress party and the people of India know that. In this Lok Sabha elections, we will increase our numbers and the INDIA alliance will form the government on 4 June."

HT
If You were the leader Sachin yes not under your Gandhi royalty though.

When Sachin becomes the leader then might as well listen to what Congress has to say.

@pillionrider I can assure you Caste driven is politics is massive in Tamil Nadu as well, Southern TN is infested with violence on Dalits.

I know you don’t see it and that’s fair but Christian missionaries are extensively targeting these districts and I do think blame BJP wanting to protect Hindu culture there because the dravidian parties are rabidly anti-Hinduism There esp DMK.

Doesn’t mean BJP doesn’t indulge in religion politics but I’m just saying why more and more I’m moving towards them every year.
It's not just the southern districts of TN, this is the case for the entire South India. Conversions are rampant, particularly in Punjab and South India. People who wear turbans also become church fathers in Punjab. I know in and out how missionaries work.

It's not just the southern districts of TN, this is the case for the entire South India. Conversions are rampant, particularly in Punjab and South India. People who wear turbans also become church fathers in Punjab. I know in and out how missionaries work.
yeah I know about Punjab as well and Tamil Nadu , can’t speak for other districts.

@pillionriderI know you don’t see it and that’s fair but Christian missionaries are extensively targeting these districts and I do think blame BJP wanting to protect Hindu culture there because the dravidian parties are rabidly anti-Hinduism There esp DMK.

Who cares? Religion isn't something that accompanies your DNA. You are simply born into it. You can choose to bin it or change it. It is your choice as a human being with the most superior brain of all species on the planet.

And if someone is being insulted and treated like human garbage, give me one good reason why they should stick with that religion.

I studied in Bishop Cotton's run by CSI, Church of South India. They are mostly Tamil Christians who were what you'd call recent converts. The nicest teachers and kindest people, perfect for formative academia. Some of them opened up about their life stories and their current religion spans in some cases, just one generation or at most, two.

It is a hidden fact that castesim still exists among Christians. So they are not fully accepted by say the Malayali Christians (some of whom were Christians long before many proud Hindus today were Hindu :dhoni ) or Mangalorean Christians who were both basically upper caste converts or came from the West within the first few hundred years of Jesus.

So yeah, if they thought they would escape their caste, it's not their daily reality.

But tell me, why shouldn't they happy to be holding a respectable job in a metro city and living a fairly comfortable life with much much more dignity than living in some village where they're not allowed to wear slippers, drink from the common well or even worship in the temples they want to.

Is it even a choice or comparison?

I used to buy this nonsense about conversion years back. But once I started to free myself of religion, I realized how dumb it is to get upset over someone choosing what to do with the faith of their parents.

I used to buy this nonsense about conversion years back. But once I started to free myself of religion, I realized how dumb it is to get upset over someone choosing what to do with the faith of their parents.

It is embarrassing to see Indian posters engaging in silly conversion conspiracy theories. I thought @JaDed was one of the more sensible ones but he seems to have belatedly joined this cult lol.

If you think it's only 2%, then I can't help you. Unofficially, the number would be around 15 to 20%.

Stop being insecure about your religion. If people don't want to be a part of it anymore .. they never cared about it in the first place. Or they've grown in discontent with it. Either way it is none of the state's business.

Brother @pillionrider was chest-thumping a few days after the Karnataka elections and remained quiet after the BJP's victory in five state elections where they defeated Pappu. I remember he said he was not interested in national politics as he was focused on Karnataka politics. But now, in every thread, he is talking about result day, Modi being jailed, and other such things.

Can't wait for June 4th to come. :dhoni

Last edited by a moderator:
It is embarrassing to see Indian posters engaging in silly conversion conspiracy theories. I thought @JaDed was one of the more sensible ones but he seems to have belatedly joined this cult lol.
lol I would had not joined the cult had not my colleagues and distant cousins (Punjab) converted.

Again these are not forced conversions, they are enticed.

@pillionrider I agree there is discrimination, but case with Tamil Nadu or Punjab conversions to Christianity isn’t about discrimination at all, TN anti-casteism is against Dalits and Brahmins by obc etc from Vanniyars to others.

In Punjab it’s not the dalits that are converting in mass but the ones who want money.

If this conversion was happening in Rajasthan or UP i would had understood the caste discrimination but it’s not in these states.

I agree let religion not be an issue, this can easily be modified by:

Dharmic religion can only convert into themselves , if they feel discriminated in Hinduism convert to Buddhism Sikhism or Jainism, Ambedkar did the same.

And Abrahamic can convert among themselves, this way everyone is good.

If you think it's only 2%, then I can't help you. Unofficially, the number would be around 15 to 20%.
Wow, is there any proof of this number or was it made up by the esteemed professors of Whatsapp University.

And why I should believe this number, do you really think there are more Christians than Muslims and Sikhs combined in this country.

Whats the exact number and how did you arrive at it

Stop being insecure about your religion. If people don't want to be a part of it anymore .. they never cared about it in the first place. Or they've grown in discontent with it. Either way it is none of the state's business.
If it’s not the state’s business then state shouldn’t have reservations either on religion and caste, let them convert then?

Why do I feel insecure while practicing Christianity? I don't know what you're talking about.

Again Nothing against Christians in India, my point is just on protecting Dharmic religions.

We all have christian friends and I’m sure all of us can enquire with them where the money for conversion comes from

Official numbers are different from ones going to Church majority don’t write their official religion as Christianity, their children might in the future.
Exactly.

Just in our villages and surrounding areas, there are a lot of people who have converted to Christianity in every caste. In some cases, people don't officially change their religion because they fear losing their reservations once they convert. On paper, they continue to be listed as Hindus, but they practice Christianity.

If anti-casteism is a thing no one does more than RSS.

RSS has been anti-casteist, Modi is not upper caste either , even the President of India under BJP is not upper caste, what else is required, then BJP actually does more against anti-casteism than Congress.

Wow, is there any proof of this number or was it made up by the esteemed professors of Whatsapp University.

And why I should believe this number, do you really think there are more Christians than Muslims and Sikhs combined in this country.

Whats the exact number and how did you arrive at it
You don't have to believe this. I just shared my prediction based on my knowledge of the ground reality in South India.

Exactly.

Just in our villages and surrounding areas, there are a lot of people who have converted to Christianity in every caste. In some cases, people don't officially change their religion because they fear losing their reservations once they convert. On paper, they continue to be listed as Hindus, but they practice Christianity.
Yes my childhood friends and colleagues are same, nothing against them you said your grandmother practices Christianity as well, just my point is on protecting Dharmic religion for future.

Christians in India are extremely patriotic.

Brother @pillionrider was chest-thumping a few days after the Karnataka elections and remained quiet after the BJP's victory in five state elections where they defeated Pappu. I remember he said he was not interested in national politics as he was focused on Karnataka politics. But now, in every thread, he is talking about result day, Modi being jailed, and other such things.

Can't wait for June 4th to come. :dhoni
I wanted to retire from this thread and caring about politics in general, but you guys dragged me back, by tagging me, especially your friend @Rajdeep who nowadays can't stop running away from me lol

As I said back then, other than dealing with a few clown bhakts irl, whom I'm well equipped to take care of :dhoni, Modi, the government, politics or even the state of the economy doesn't really affect my life or livelihood. Price rise, sure, but nothing much else really. I'm effectively retired from work and only do stuff that interests me. Not boasting, just stating the fact. So it really doesn't affect my daily life if Modi is PM. But you guys just can't keep quiet and insist on bluster, banging your empty vessels everywhere. At some point, there will be a response.

I've said this before. We are here, because you are here. Else you'd find me only in the cricket threads.

Stop telling people how they should feel about their religion.

Religious conversion using inducements is illegal in India.

So it is state's business

If anti-casteism is a thing no one does more than RSS.

RSS has been anti-casteist, Modi is not upper caste either , even the President of India under BJP is not upper caste, what else is required, then BJP actually does more against anti-casteism than Congress.
Bro, please. This is just ridiculous hahaha, sorry. I've always liked you as a poster and don't care about your recent leanings towards Modi, because you seem like a decent human being.

But the RSS claims of being anti-caste are among their biggest lies, with the sole interest of the bigger, grander, longterm picture. Many a lower-caste/Dalit has learnt the hard way, the painful realities when they've realized RSS bosses will refuse to eat in their homes for example.

Not sure how many real Sangh folk you've hung around with. But I know. I have enough as friends and family to hear their unfiltered truths.

I wanted to retire from this thread and caring about politics in general, but you guys dragged me back, by tagging me, especially your friend @Rajdeep who nowadays can't stop running away from me lol

As I said back then, other than dealing with a few clown bhakts irl, whom I'm well equipped to take care of :dhoni, Modi, the government, politics or even the state of the economy doesn't really affect my life or livelihood. Price rise, sure, but nothing much else really. I'm effectively retired from work and only do stuff that interests me. Not boasting, just stating the fact. So it really doesn't affect my daily life if Modi is PM. But you guys just can't keep quiet and insist on bluster, banging your empty vessels everywhere. At some point, there will be a response.

I've said this before. We are here, because you are here. Else you'd find me only in the cricket threads.
Okay, just because of @Rajdeep and a few others, you are bashing Modi daily, even though you have nothing to do with him. :dhoni

Okay, just because of @Rajdeep and a few others, you are bashing Modi daily, even though you have nothing to do with him. :dhoni
No I can't stand him. I can't stand his face, his politics, anything he says. It makes me nauseous sometimes. But I would prefer not to have to feel that way and be oblivious to it all. If you really want to know my truths.

I am not an activist in real life. The max I will do is not turn a blind eye if I see some nonsense being committed in my reach and within my power to control. That's the max level of activism I allow myself.

Most of my energy is dedicated to losing money in crypto :dhoni

Alright, good night. Time to watch a movie :)

Official numbers are different from ones going to Church majority don’t write their official religion as Christianity, their children might in the future.

That's correct. If you write yor religion as Christianity you lose caste reservation.

India is moving towards 1 party system as well.

Congress thought the same. Look where they are now.

Some Parties in India have won elections for 25-30 years straight before being voted out.

Communists ruled Bengal for 30 years,before being booted.

Communists ruled Tripura for 25 years, before losing to BJP.

Navin Pattanayak is ruling Odisha for nearly 25 years.

Bjp is ruling Gujarat for 25 years.

Long democratic rule is not uncommon in India.

Long rule

Congress, AAP and others: India's battered opposition takes on Modi

How fair is the electoral landscape in India's general election?

Not very, says the opposition alliance. It accuses the Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government of denying it a level playing-field.

The BJP, seeking a third consecutive term, is ahead in opinion polls, and the opposition, which has been short of vote-winning national leaders in recent years, appears to have much ground to make up.

Formed last July and made up of the main opposition Congress and smaller and regional parties, the coalition named itself INDIA, an acronym for Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance. Its more than two dozen members are an unlikely, unwieldy grouping brought together by their desire to unseat the BJP.

The opposition alleges the government is using its investigative agencies and financial influence to gain the upper hand. Mr Modi dismisses such claims as mere "excuses".

Fuelling these accusations are recent arrests of key opposition figures, such as Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and former chief minister Hemant Soren of Jharkhand State on corruption charges they say are baseless and politically motivated.

Mr Kejriwal, one of the government's fiercest critics, was taken into custody a month before the election began, depriving the opposition alliance of one of its most prominent and popular campaigners.

Since the BJP came to power a decade ago, more than 100 politicians have been investigated by India's federal agencies - 95% of them from the opposition, the Indian Express reports. The paper finds that many later switched allegiance to the BJP. Of 25 opposition leaders under investigation for corruption who did so, 23 saw cases against them dropped or put on hold, it reports.

That's not all. In February, Congress leaders alleged that the party's bank accounts had been frozen and accused Mr Modi's government of using the tax department to starve them of finances ahead of the elections. The tax department denied the claims.

In December more than 140 federal opposition lawmakers were briefly suspended from parliament during protests over a security breach.

The same month, Mahua Moitra, an opposition MP and Modi critic, was expelled from parliament after being accused of taking bribes in exchange for asking questions. Ms Moitra, who has denied the allegations, said she had been expelled "without proof" and is standing for re-election in West Bengal state.

Last summer Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was disqualified as a lawmaker for three months in a criminal defamation case. The courts stayed his conviction on appeal.

"The idea that India is the world's largest democracy is a… complete lie," Mr Gandhi told journalists in March at a news conference to publicise the party's frozen bank accounts. The BJP responded, saying the Congress top leadership feared "a historic defeat" and therefore "ranted against Indian democracy and institutions".

Rights group Amnesty International said the "crackdown" on the opposition had reached a "crisis point" ahead of the general election.

Journalist and author Neerja Chowdhury questioned the fairness of freezing the Congress's bank account and arresting Mr Kejriwal on the eve of the election.

"It does give the impression that you are less than fair. There is a feeling or a question among people, including BJP supporters: is this getting too much? It will be interesting to see how this would manifest in the polls," she said.

Added to this, Congress, which governed India for decades, looks enfeebled and in decline. Mr Modi's BJP governs 12 of the country's 28 states, while Congress is now limited to three.

For years Congress consistently secured more than 40% of total votes, before dipping below 40% in 1989 and plunging to around 20% in 2014 and 2019. In recent years, several top leaders have defected from the party.

Critics fault Mr Gandhi, the face of the party, for lacking the relentless campaigning of Prime Minister Modi, who frequently traverses the nation, addressing crowds and inaugurating projects worth millions of dollars. The latest criticism arose when Mr Gandhi initiated a months-long march as the election neared.

"This was the time to be in Delhi, finalise talks and strategies with coalition partners, not to start a new project," says analyst Prem Kumar Mani.

Congress leaders rejected the criticism, arguing that Mr Gandhi was always accessible via mobile. "It's not that we take things non-seriously, but it's presented as if we are non-serious," said senior Congress official Shakeel Ahmed Khan.

Political scientist KC Suri has attributed the Congress' decline to it becoming a "playground for political entrepreneurs, factions, and wily political satraps" in their relentless "pursuit of power and wealth".

The INDIA alliance has also faced wider criticism that it is not offering a credible alternative and a competitive narrative, and lacks a charismatic national leader.

The group includes parties with conflicting interests and ideologies, which delayed joint public appearances and hindered the creation of a joint manifesto. Maintaining unity has been challenging for the alliance.

The Congress faced setbacks in 2022 when Maharashtra state's coalition government was overthrown by rebels from its coalition partner Shiv Sena, who then formed a new government with the BJP. Another coalition partner in the state, the NCP, also suffered factional divisions.

More recently two of the INDIA coalition's initial members - the Janata Dal (United) and Rashtriya Lok Dal - switched sides to join the BJP's NDA alliance.

"In case of split in the parties, questions should not be asked of those who quit but of the leaders who couldn't prevent a split," said BJP MP Navneet Rana.

Opposition parties have also struggled to negotiate seat-sharing agreements to field unified candidates nationwide against the BJP.

In West Bengal, for example, the governing Trinamool Congress opted not to share seats, prompting its INDIA alliance partners to field their own candidates. Many fear this could divide opposition votes in a politically crucial state, where the BJP has been trying hard to make inroads.

"There is a continuing tension inherent in coalition-building between the national and state outcome," said political scientist Milan Vaishnav.

"There are parties in particular states, like Bengal, who are unwilling to sacrifice their regional standing for the sake of better national outcomes because they are very worried about ceding space in their own territory."

Mr Suri writes that non-BJP parties have portrayed themselves as regional advocates but often devolve into family-run entities, marked by "corruption and poor governance".

Some opposition leaders and supporters fear the consequences if the opposition loses. They warn of a decline in democracy and civil liberties, with government institutions being undermined and a rise in hate and violence against minorities and marginalised communities under Mr Modi. The BJP dismisses these allegations.

But some caution the opposition against losing hope.

"The opposition is making a big strategic blunder if it says there is no tomorrow," said Prashant Kishore, a former election strategist.

"The BJP wants us to believe there is no tomorrow after 2024. If I were in their place, I will say we will fight with all the strength, but if we end up losing, there is a tomorrow after the 2024 polls."

BBC

If anyone is interested - this is the link for 2019 election thread. You will find same usual suspects with similar type of posts before getting humiliated on result day .

5 years from now and there is zero change. Same posters were confident back then that BJP is losing after 1st phase. By the time 7th phase came along BJPs loss was anything but guaranteed. And after the result day it is democracy that lost :yuvi

It was Rafael back then and electoral bonds now. Hahahaha

This 2024 election thread however is not as much fun like the last time. Posters need to up their ante a bit with more victim card, democracy khatre me hai tirades, bik gayi hai gormint etc etc.

‘We appeal PM Modi to abandon politics of hatred,’ says RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav​

Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Monday took a dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his much-debated remarks against the Congress party's policies. Yadav on Monday accused the prime minister of resorting to politics of hatred and ignoring the real issues of the people in the Lok Sabha election 2024.

"PM Modi should talk about real issues. We appeal with folded hands for PM Modi to abandon politics of hatred and focus on substantial matters. The youth, the elderly, the working class, the farmers, and our mothers and sisters all have a common target, like Arjuna, and that is poverty, inflation, unemployment, and a failing economy. These are the actual issues," Yadav said.

The RJD leader said that PM Modi only talks about religious structures and similar issues. Yadav appealed to the Prime Minister to address issues like unemployment and poverty.

“It is unbecoming of a Prime Minister to only talk about temples and mosques, and Hindu-Muslim issues. All citizens, especially the majority population, are troubled by unemployment and poverty. Our soldiers are troubled by the Agniveer scheme. Why isn't he addressing these matters?” said Yadav.

Modi can't abandon it. That's the only way they can survive in elections. :inti

BJP president JP Nadda addresses public rally in MP's Rewa​

After the initial round of polling for the general elections held on April 19, the second phase is slated for April 26. During the first phase of the Lok Sabha polls, spanning 21 states and Union territories, over 100 million citizens cast their votes across 102 constituencies, resulting in a voter turnout of nearly 64 per cent. During the initial polling phase, the estimated voter turnout stood at 63.89 per cent until 9:00pm.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to conduct election rallies in Rajasthan's Tonk and Sawai Madhopur today.

Re-voting for 11 booths in the I-Inner Manipur Parliamentary Constituency took place on Monday due to reported incidents of violence and EVM destruction by unknown individuals during the initial polling on April 19 in conflict-affected Manipur.

The Election Commission of India (ECI) mandated repolling in eight polling stations throughout Arunachal Pradesh on Monday. This directive follows clashes that broke out in the region during the initial phase of the elections.

On Monday, the Congress unveiled a roster of seven candidates for two states in the ongoing 2019 Lok Sabha elections. The newly disclosed list reveals that the Congress has nominated Madan Mohan Tiwari for Paschim Champaran, Ajay Nishad for Muzaffarpur, Akash Prasad Singh for Maharajganj, Sunny Hazari for Samastipur, and Manoj Kumar for Sasaram in Bihar.

Jammu and Kashmir's Director General of Police RR Swain conducted a comprehensive review of security arrangements for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections during a joint officers meeting convened in south Kashmir's Anantnag District. The primary objective of the meeting was to evaluate the readiness of the deployed forces for the elections and foster a coordinated approach to guaranteeing the secure and smooth conduct of the impending polls.
Here's the phase-wise schedule for the Lok Sabha Election 2024:

Phase 1- April 19 (polling completed)
Phase 2- April 26
Phase 3- May 7
Phase 4 - May 13
Phase 5 - May 20
Phase 6 - May 25
Phase 7 - June 1

Source: The Hindustan Times

I have always believed in Organized sector or unorganised , there could be many reasons for it, the way unorganised has always been societal troublesome , not to forget hard to tax.

Not saying GST is great but every sector needs to be taxed, which is easier with Organised than unorganised.
Also more innovation comes when unorganised is forced to move to organized.

Above is my own bias probably due to my middleclass upbringing.

lol I would had not joined the cult had not my colleagues and distant cousins (Punjab) converted.

Again these are not forced conversions, they are enticed.

So you're saying your cousin had a deep spiritual experience and saw the truth in Jesus after a couple of missionaries simply waved some cash in front of them ? You really expect us to believe this ?

Please narrate the full story of how this happened, interested to hear.

So you're saying your cousin had a deep spiritual experience and saw the truth in Jesus after a couple of missionaries simply waved some cash in front of them ? You really expect us to believe this ?

Are you a Christian? Not trying to be confrontational, I mostly agree with your politics. Just curious

@pillionrider what is the mood among urban voters in Bangalore?
Hello :dhoni

South Indian urban voters lean towards the Congress. But being a cosmopolitan city with many of my North Indian brothers here, there is also huge support for the BJP, especially among the metaphorically unemployed folk, aka techies :)

Bangalore South is a tough fight for the BJP this time. It's been a bastion for over 30 years, but chota Modi, Tejasvi Surya might go down this time. Sowmya Reddy, former Congress MLA, recently lost by < 20votes due to Tejasvi's shady dealings, including multiple recounts until the result went in the BJP's favour. She is now back for revenge, this time as an MP contestant. The fact that a BJP bastion is looking shaky, shows how poor Surya has been.

Central has BJP's PC Mohan who is MP for 3 terms now. He is a fairly non-controversial name. Congress has fielded a Muslim candidate because the constituency has some strong Muslim areas within it. They also have a powerful MLA who wields unwavering loyalty among the lower-middle class areas and slums. No idea which way this will go.

North - Former BJP CM has been replaced probably due to several sex scandals he was involved in. The new one is a hardliner lady from the coastal belt. Has faced resistance from local leaders due to being an outsider. The Congress candidate is from my school - basically, educated and intelligent :sneaky:. Also a former IIM prof. He's got help from a strong Congress MLA in the area, but not many people know him and he might come across as too intellectual for some of the areas under this constituency.

Rural - from Congress is DK Shivakumar's brother. Don't shiver at the name of DK. It's his brother here lol. Strong candidate and currently the only seat the Congress managed to win from Karnataka in 2019. His competitor is a well-known cardiologist and the son-in-law of ex-PM Deve Gowda. Funnily, this doc is contesting as a BJP candidate and not from the JD(S) lol.

There is also another constituency that doesn't officially come under Bengaluru called Chikballapura. It is north of the city and is currently BJP. It's also where the Rajdeep bus video was shot. There's this MLA in the region called Vishwanath from the BJP - one of their strongest leaders who hasn't been decorated much in terms of ministries etc for whatever reason. He has been an MLA for two decades I think. Has amassed a lot of wealth and at the same time goodwill by being constantly available. So my point is, he has a lot of money power and people power and is credited with ousting former Congress CM Veerappa Moily from the constituency in 2019. He will be key again and will probably work it for the BJP this time too.

South Indian urban voters lean towards the Congress. But being a cosmopolitan city with many of my North Indian brothers here, there is also huge support for the BJP, especially among the metaphorically unemployed folk, aka techies :)

Bangalore South is a tough fight for the BJP this time. It's been a bastion for over 30 years, but chota Modi, Tejasvi Surya might go down this time. Sowmya Reddy, former Congress MLA, recently lost by < 20votes due to Tejasvi's shady dealings, including multiple recounts until the result went in the BJP's favour. She is now back for revenge, this time as an MP contestant. The fact that a BJP bastion is looking shaky, shows how poor Surya has been.

Central has BJP's PC Mohan who is MP for 3 terms now. He is a fairly non-controversial name. Congress has fielded a Muslim candidate because the constituency has some strong Muslim areas within it. They also have a powerful MLA who wields unwavering loyalty among the lower-middle class areas and slums. No idea which way this will go.

North - Former BJP CM has been replaced probably due to several sex scandals he was involved in. The new one is a hardliner lady from the coastal belt. Has faced resistance from local leaders due to being an outsider. The Congress candidate is from my school - basically, educated and intelligent :sneaky:. Also a former IIM prof. He's got help from a strong Congress MLA in the area, but not many people know him and he might come across as too intellectual for some of the areas under this constituency.

Rural - from Congress is DK Shivakumar's brother. Don't shiver at the name of DK. It's his brother here lol. Strong candidate and currently the only seat the Congress managed to win from Karnataka in 2019. His competitor is a well-known cardiologist and the son-in-law of ex-PM Deve Gowda. Funnily, this doc is contesting as a BJP candidate and not from the JD(S) lol.

There is also another constituency that doesn't officially come under Bengaluru called Chikballapura. It is north of the city and is currently BJP. It's also where the Rajdeep bus video was shot. There's this MLA in the region called Vishwanath from the BJP - one of their strongest leaders who hasn't been decorated much in terms of ministries etc for whatever reason. He has been an MLA for two decades I think. Has amassed a lot of wealth and at the same time goodwill by being constantly available. So my point is, he has a lot of money power and people power and is credited with ousting former Congress CM Veerappa Moily from the constituency in 2019. He will be key again and will probably work it for the BJP this time too.
Why do you think that urban areas throughout the country tend to be more pro bjp

Money

Good post. See you can also type well (j/k).

I was watching this video and most people jogging in cubbon park saying they will vote for Modi. So thought of asking a local expert like you

Why do you think that urban areas throughout the country tend to be more pro bjp
I honestly haven't understood this ever and this has been a point of discussion with buddies for years now.

The only thing I can think of now is, and I'm riffing now on the fly :dhoni :

Urban Indians means generally speaking, so-called educated Indians. But what it mostly means is, half-baked people. So you have a huge number of people who know a few buzzwords, understand enough of some technical terms, but don't also understand the concepts fully. They are the ones who will spout the virtues of capitalism when what they actually mean is, they have a job that gives them a good salary and the city offers them a variety of pleasures to spend that money in. So essentially, I guess my point is, if you're someone who knows words like economy or the names of some foregin countries, it's easier to be an idiot and believe the Whatsapp rubbish about Modi's international danka or how the stock market or the economy is flying under him. But you also don't know enough to counter or see where the info is wrong or misleading.

On the other hand, none of these words would mean anything to a rural voter. At best they'd feel some vicarious pride that an Indian leader allegedly stands in front of the American President for the first time ever - I've heard this in Youtube videos multiple times. Also things like going to the moon can make sense to them because the moon is something they can see and imagine traveling to. But otherwise, it's about the fake promises of a better life for them hammered day in and day out by the media. They also probably tend to believe that if it came on tv, it is true.

Hindu pride and the self-confidence that comes with it applies more to urban ones I think, because they are the ones who are more exposed to the West either through travel or pop culture. The earlier sense of inferiority has been replaced at least in their heads with a feeling, that like they see in Karan Johar movies, white chicks dance around Indian men for example. And it doesn't need to be lived experience with these people. They are insane in some ways. The other day I heard Akshay Kumar saying that whenever he travels abroad nowadays, at immigration they don't say, Oh you're from India. Instead they say, Oh you are from the land of Modi hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, go on..

If you don't want to elaborate, fair enough. But I am less inclined to believe your story then.
Thats upto you..not here to prove anything.. as i have always said these are only my experiences
None of my Sikh relatives has ever converted so this was new for me but you don’t have to believe me

More common than you think. In tamilnadu they are called iron box or pressure cooker Christians in the 80’s. Crowd we would line up to convert to Christianity and come out with a box of done house appliance.

Surya will be the first guy to open the BJP account in the city. Reddy aunty will lose again, and she will contest again for the third time with her minister father's blessings. :LOL:

Central is again a cakewalk for PC Mohan, we are going to elect him for the 4th time in a row. Masoor Ali Khan, who owns the DPS (Delhi Public School) franchise, is using their teachers to campaign in apartments.

I am expecting a tough fight in the North; anyone can win.

DK brothers are openly threatening apartment voters, saying if you don't vote for Congress, we won't provide Kaveri water connection. Their money power will win them again.

Yes, go on..

If you don't want to elaborate, fair enough. But I am less inclined to believe your story then.

Let me explain this based on my observations at the ground level.
Money distribution happens at a higher level to Fathers and Pastors. At a lower level, money is distributed to only a few churchgoers, not to all. They don't offer money to everyone. Initially, they offer some money to old/poor people, expecting them to visit churches regularly without fail. That's the condition. The first few times they will receive money, but later it stops.

11 years ago, when I used to visit church regularly as a student, offerings included Rice and Dalda packets (oil). However, things have changed now. With the availability of rice being abundant in India due to free ration schemes, everyone receives rations regardless of financial status, so they have stopped offering rice.

Now, the method of reaching non-believers has changed. The first method involves identifying vulnerable people.
Particularly women and those facing difficult times. They personally visit houses and offer prayers. One of our neighbors was fighting throat cancer, and local church members visited them, offering prayers and conducting sessions for a few weeks. However, he eventually passed away, and his two daughters are now completely converted.

Another method of reaching people is through healing. They approach those with diseases or poor health, claiming that prayer and coconut oil will cure them. Personally, I don't believe in this.
In some cases, these individuals face resistance from villagers.

Missionary money flows directly to Fathers and Pastors, who then distribute it in various ways.

Now, they ask churchgoers to donate some money from their monthly earnings, calling it "Dashama Bhaga(10%)." Many people I know donate 10% of their monthly income to the church. Pastors also encourage devotees to give gifts to God. For example, if a hen hatches an egg, the first egg should be given to the Pastor. Similarly, if farmers harvest their crops, they donate one bag of the output. Essentially, whatever you have, you are expected to donate, following this rule.

Yeah it's common enough. I remember having a discussion about this in some thread a couple of months back. These churches are funded through contributions from evangelicals in the American Bible belt who're convinced they're helping bring the faith to the heathen. Through a combination of various carrots, they try to meet their conversion targets. I'm not sure how effective it is. My old maid was one of those who converted for help on a loan repayment. She's nominally Christian but seemed to adhere to all the Hindu rituals as well.

I'm also not sure why it's anybody's business why and how anyone converts something as personal as religion. If it's force like the poor underage Hindu girls in Pakistan, sure the State should get involved but if someone chooses to change faith because of money, superstition etc., not sure why anyone else including the government should interfere.

INDIA alliance govt will create crores of ‘lakhpatis,’ says Rahul Gandhi

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday claimed the Mahalaxmi scheme and his party's promise of the right to apprenticeship, both aimed to uplift the poor women and youth, will change the face of the country by creating crores of "lakhpatis".

HT

‘Constitution gives no reservation based on religion, but Cong did not care’ says PM Modi in Chhattisgarh

Lok Sabha election 2024 phase 2 live updates: Addressing the Vijay Sankalp Shankhnaad Maharally in Chhattisgarh's Surguja, Prime Minister Narendra Modi says, “When the Congress manifesto came out, I had said on the same day that the Congress manifesto had the stamp of the Muslim League on it. When the Constitution was being made, it was decided under the leadership of Baba Saheb Ambedkar that there would be no reservation based on religion in India. But for the vote bank, Congress did not care about the words of these great men, did not care about the sanctity of the Constitution, nor did it care about the words of Baba Saheb Ambedkar. Years ago, Congress had tried to give reservations based on religion in Andhra Pradesh. Then Congress planned to implement it all over the country...Congress said that reservation should be given to some people based on religion by stealing some part of the SC/ST and OBC quota.”

HT

‘Modi ki guarantee is not fulfilling promises,' says Kharge in Thiruvananthapuram

Lok Sabha election 2024 phase 2 live updates: Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge, in Kerala's Thiruvananthapuram, on the last day of the election campaign, says, “...Narendra Modi had said that I will give ₹15 lakh to every family. I will bring back the black money that Congress has kept abroad. Where is that money? ...He said I would double the farmers' income in the next election. Where is the double income of farmers?... Now he is again saying Modi's guarantee...What is Modi's guarantee? Modi guarantees that he will not fulfil the promises he is making...This is Modi's guarantee.”

Today marks the last day of the poll campaign in Kerala, which will go to polls on Friday, April 26, in the second phase of voting for the Lok Sabha election 2024, major political parties and leaders are in full swing to campaign.

HT

No election content allowed 48 hours before polling, says Nanded administration in Maharashtra

Lok Sabha election 2024 phase 2 live updates: The Nanded administration in Maharashtra has issued an order “banning the broadcast of election-related content” by the local All India Radio (AIR) centre and other radio channels in the district 48 hours before polling day.

- Collector Abhijit Raut, the returning officer for the Nanded Lok Sabha constituency, issued the order on Monday.

- The order refers to a provision outlined in a handbook published by the Election Commission of India, which prohibits displaying election-related content through TV or similar devices.

- It clarifies that radio falls under the category of “similar devices”; thus, broadcasting or propagating any election-related content through radio during the specified 48-hour period is not allowed.

- The collector emphasised that legal action would be taken against those who fail to comply with the order.

HT

INDIA alliance govt will create crores of ‘lakhpatis,’ says Rahul Gandhi

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday claimed the Mahalaxmi scheme and his party's promise of the right to apprenticeship, both aimed to uplift the poor women and youth, will change the face of the country by creating crores of "lakhpatis".

HT

How? Talking like a clown in a circus. :ROFLMAO:

How will he create lakhapatis and change the country? By giving ₹1 lakh per year to the poor?
Soon we will reach the IMF office if this clown gets elected as PM. No wonder why he became a laughingstock at the international level over the decades. What a dumb he is! :genius

Surya will be the first guy to open the BJP account in the city. Reddy aunty will lose again, and she will contest again for the third time with her minister father's blessings. :LOL:

Surya will lose despite his BJP MLA uncle's biggest efforts :dhoni

DK brothers are openly threatening apartment voters, saying if you don't vote for Congress, we won't provide Kaveri water connection. Their money power will win them again.
Hahaha threatened it seems.

Let me explain this based on my observations at the ground level.
Money distribution happens at a higher level to Fathers and Pastors. At a lower level, money is distributed to only a few churchgoers, not to all. They don't offer money to everyone. Initially, they offer some money to old/poor people, expecting them to visit churches regularly without fail. That's the condition. The first few times they will receive money, but later it stops.

11 years ago, when I used to visit church regularly as a student, offerings included Rice and Dalda packets (oil). However, things have changed now. With the availability of rice being abundant in India due to free ration schemes, everyone receives rations regardless of financial status, so they have stopped offering rice.

Now, the method of reaching non-believers has changed. The first method involves identifying vulnerable people.
Particularly women and those facing difficult times. They personally visit houses and offer prayers. One of our neighbors was fighting throat cancer, and local church members visited them, offering prayers and conducting sessions for a few weeks. However, he eventually passed away, and his two daughters are now completely converted.

Another method of reaching people is through healing. They approach those with diseases or poor health, claiming that prayer and coconut oil will cure them. Personally, I don't believe in this.
In some cases, these individuals face resistance from villagers.

Missionary money flows directly to Fathers and Pastors, who then distribute it in various ways.

Now, they ask churchgoers to donate some money from their monthly earnings, calling it "Dashama Bhaga(10%)." Many people I know donate 10% of their monthly income to the church. Pastors also encourage devotees to give gifts to God. For example, if a hen hatches an egg, the first egg should be given to the Pastor. Similarly, if farmers harvest their crops, they donate one bag of the output. Essentially, whatever you have, you are expected to donate, following this rule.
Honestly who cares. If there is no force, it is none of anyone's business.

Can anyone who is against conversion explain to me how conversion through inducements or carrots is any different from you taking up a better job in a better company for a better salary?

You can't.

:dhoni

India election 2024 phase 2: Who votes and what’s at stake?

The juggernaut of India’s mammoth parliamentary elections rolls into the second of seven phases on April 26 with all eyes on the southern states of Kerala and Karnataka.

The contenders in round two include a former leader of India’s main opposition who has never won a general election for his party, a former top United Nations official and author, and an erstwhile Bollywood star who is running for a third time but has disappointed her constituency by her absence on the ground.

India’s general elections for 543 seats in the lower house of parliament, or Lok Sabha, kicked off on April 19. The results of the world’s largest-ever democratic exercise are set to be announced on June 4.

With 969 million registered voters – or more than the combined population of the United States, the European Union and Russia – India has the largest electorate in the world.

Apart from numerous regional and national hopefuls, the two main alliances are the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and a coalition of 28 parties called the Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance (INDIA), led by the main opposition Indian National Congress, welded by the aim of unseating the BJP.

Who votes in phase 2?

Voters from these 88 constituencies from 13 states and union territories will go to the ballot box:

• Kerala: All 20 of the southern state’s seats
  • Rajasthan: 13 of the western state’s 25 seats
  • Karnataka: 14 of the southern state’s 28 seats
  • Uttar Pradesh: Eight of the northern state’s 80 seats
  • Madhya Pradesh: Six of the central state’s 29 seats
  • Assam: Five of the eastern state’s 14 seats
  • Chhattisgarh: Three of the central state’s 11 seats
  • Bihar: Five of the eastern state’s 40 seats
  • Maharashtra: Eight of the western state’s 48 seats
  • West Bengal: Three of the eastern state’s 42 seats
  • Tripura: One of the northeastern state’s two seats
  • Jammu and Kashmir: One of the union territory’s five seats
  • Manipur: Parts of one of the northeastern state’s two seats, which voted in the first phase, will also vote on April 26.

Which are some of the key constituencies?

Wayanad, Kerala: Prominent opposition leader Rahul Gandhi will face-off against left-wing candidate Annie Raja of the Communist Party of India, as he fights to hold onto the constituency that elected him in 2019. Both Gandhi’s Congress and the communists are part of the national opposition INDIA alliance but are rivals in Kerala. Gandhi is the son, grandson and great-grandson of former prime ministers, but his Congress party has suffered two landslide defeats against the BJP. Also running is the BJP’s state president K Surendran. Wayanad has been a Congress stronghold since the 2009 elections. Kerala is the only major Indian state that has never elected a BJP member of parliament.

Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala: Shashi Tharoor – a senior Congress member, ex-minister, former UN undersecretary-general and author – is seeking re-election for a fourth consecutive term. His main opponent is the BJP’s Rajeev Chandrasekhar, a junior information technology minister, with the ruling party hoping for victory against the odds as it has neither the numbers nor evidence of broad support. The BJP has come in second place in this constituency in the last two general elections, behind the Congress. Kerala’s population is 55 percent Hindu, 27 percent Muslim and 18 percent Christian. But the Hindu nationalist BJP has so far struggled to even win the bulk of the Hindu vote in Kerala.

Mandya, Karnataka: The BJP has never won the Mandya seat in southern Karnataka. While Modi boasted of a target of crossing the 400-seat mark on the back of his alliance this time, only strong wins in southern India can make that possible. The BJP did win 25 of the state’s 28 seats in the 2019 general elections and also ruled at the state level from 2008 to 2013, and from 2018 to 2023. But the Congress, which is back in power in Karnataka, is hoping to garner a large victory as it has campaigned against the government, saying it discriminates against the southern states, which get few resources from the federal government. The Congress candidate, Venkataramane Gowda – also known as Star Chandru – is up against former Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy of the Janata Dal Secular, an ally of the BJP.

Mathura, Uttar Pradesh: Bollywood actor Hema Malini of the BJP has won this seat since 2014. She faces the Congress’s Mukesh Dhangar, the party’s state president. Mathura is a BJP stronghold, and along with other cities in India’s most populous state, is home to mosques that Modi’s party claims were built on demolished temples. In Mathura, it is the 17th-century Shahi Idgah mosque. Mathura may vote for the BJP, but Malini is known more for her absence from the constituency, where she is accused of showing up only at election time.

Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh: Former minister Mahesh Sharma of the BJP has won twice from here. The village of Bisahda in this constituency is where Mohammed Akhlaq was lynched in 2015 on suspicion of stealing and slaughtering a cow. The 52-year-old Muslim ironsmith was dragged from his home and beaten to death over the rumour. More recently, Prime Minister Modi has faced criticism for fanning anti-Muslim hatred by equating the community to “infiltrators”. At an election rally in the western state of Rajasthan, the prime minister said the opposition wanted to distribute wealth to “those who have many children” in comments widely seen as referring to the Muslim minority.

When does voting start and end?

Voting will start at 7am (01:30 GMT) and end at 6pm (12:30 GMT). Voters already in the queue by the time polls close will get to vote even if that means keeping polling stations open longer.

Who rules states that vote in the second phase?

Kerala is governed by a left-wing alliance led by the Communist Party of India (Marxist), which is part of INDIA.

The BJP governs Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
The BJP rules through alliances in Bihar and Maharashtra.

The Congress governs Karnataka.

West Bengal is governed by the All India Trinamool Congress Party, a part of INDIA.

Who won these Lok Sabha seats in 2019?

In the last Lok Sabha election, Congress-led alliances United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and the United Democratic Front (UDF) in Kerala, won 23 of the 88 seats that will vote on April 26. Several parties from the UPA are now part of the INDIA bloc.

The BJP-led NDA won 62 of the seats in 2019.

Two independent candidates won seats in 2019 in Karnataka and Maharashtra each. The Bahujan Samaj Party took one seat in Uttar Pradesh.

A delimitation exercise in Assam last year changed the organisation of constituencies. In 2019, Assam had a constituency called the Autonomous District which comprised Diphu as an assembly segment among others. Diphu has now replaced the Autonomous District as a constituency in 2024. The BJP won the Autonomous District in 2019. Additionally, Darrang-Udalguri was previously called Mangaldoi, which the BJP won.

How much of India has voted so far?

On April 19, 102 constituencies in 21 states voted in the first phase of the elections. Voting has concluded for all seats in Tamil Nadu, as well as Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and Puducherry.

While voting took place for both of Manipur’s seats during phase one, Outer Manipur is heading to polls for a second time in phase two.

The third phase will be held on May 7.

BJP wants brute parliamentary majority to change the Constitution: Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray

PTI

India's Election Commission said on Thursday it has sought responses from the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the opposition Congress on alleged violations of poll rules by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and opposition leader Rahul Gandhi.

India is holding the world's largest election over seven phases, with votes due to be counted on June 4.

In their complaints to the commission, the BJP accused Gandhi and Congress accused Modi of making divisive speeches on religion, caste and linguistic issues, notices from the panel said.

Modi, who is seeking a rare third consecutive term, referred to Muslims as "infiltrators" and "those who have more children" during a campaign speech on Sunday, drawing widespread criticism from opposition groups and a complaint from Congress to the poll panel.

The BJP has said in its complaint that Gandhi sought to create divisions based on linguistic and cultural issues.

The election panel has sought responses from BJP president J.P. Nadda and Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge by April 29.

Source: MSN

How will he create lakhapatis and change the country? By giving ₹1 lakh per year to the poor?
Soon we will reach the IMF office if this clown gets elected as PM. No wonder why he became a laughingstock at the international level over the decades. What a dumb he is! :genius
But but but but modi is feku , andhbhakt, godi media,, chaiwala,, has been in power 10 yrs - did not perform miracles like rooting out corruption, reduce unemployment to 0 , beat china to a pulp , make ind into a developed country etc etc etc - parroted by idiots who expect miracles in 10 yrs when the fundamental issues Ind has has are 500 yrs old. Whereas Congress in power for 65 yrs didnt do anything of note. Bjp got art 370, T talaq & UCC for heaven's sake - and Congress ""supported"" 370, TT and ""opposed"" UCC. And idiots still complain about what bjp has done.. No Ind leader got the respect of world leaders like modi. And yes , unless you become superpower like US - we want the recognition of other superpowers or developed countries - honestly no shame in that. Wanting to improve is always a good thing.
Just wish pak leaders stop focussing on kashmir issue , educate the public and increase literacy and become a more modern country which will be beneficial to all in the region

EVM-VVPAT case LIVE updates | SC rejects pleas seeking 100% cross-verification of EVM votes with VVPAT slips​

The Court has also declined a plea to bring back paper ballots for the voting process.​

The Supreme Court today rejected a batch of petitions seeking 100% cross-verification of vote count in electronic voting machines (EVMs) with Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) paper slips. It has also declined a plea to bring back paper ballots for the voting process.

The main opinion of Justice Sanjiv Khanna was concurred with by Justice Dipankar Datta in a separate opinion. The pronouncement of the verdict coincides with the second phase of polling for the General Elections to the Lok Sabha.

However, the Bench has issued a series of directions to strengthen the existing system. It has ordered sealing of the Symbol Loading Units (SLUs) after the symbol loading process on or after May 1, 2024. The sealed SLUs will be kept in the strong room along with the EVMs for 45 days after polling.

A recommendation to include an electronic machine for counting paper slips and bar codes along with symbols for political parties has also been made. However, it rejected pleas advanced by the petitioners to give voters access to VVPAT paper slips to put physically into the ballot boxes.

Opposition or whosoever is going to SC for going back to paper ballots must reconcile to the fact that we are not going back to paper ballots, ever.

Interesting, what was the financial status of your cousins who converted?
If they weren’t extremely poor, it would have to be a significant amount of money that would make them convert.

For the poor ones, religion is not a priority, their priority to is to feed their family. If someone offers them money they would convert. If you want them to stay in your religion, then you have to uplift them.

For the not so poor ones, I don’t understand why would they start practising another religion just for the money? I mean you can pay someone money and they can change their religion on paper, however, they won’t start practicing or believing in your religion. Surely, there has to be something more than just money for anyone to start practising another religion.

If by changing religion it made it easier for folks to go abroad and settle in western countries, I could see many people converting and start practising Christianity, however, just for the money I don’t see anyone actually practising Christianity. Unless, the money is given periodically and has certain conditions/checkpoints you have to complete throughout to continue receiving the payments.

Interesting, what was the financial status of your cousins who converted?
If they weren’t extremely poor, it would have to be a significant amount of money that would make them convert.

For the poor ones, religion is not a priority, their priority to is to feed their family. If someone offers them money they would convert. If you want them to stay in your religion, then you have to uplift them.

For the not so poor ones, I don’t understand why would they start practising another religion just for the money? I mean you can pay someone money and they can change their religion on paper, however, they won’t start practicing or believing in your religion. Surely, there has to be something more than just money for anyone to start practising another religion.

If by changing religion it made it easier for folks to go abroad and settle in western countries, I could see many people converting and start practising Christianity, however, just for the money I don’t see anyone actually practising Christianity. Unless, the money is given periodically and has certain conditions/checkpoints you have to complete throughout to continue receiving the payments.
The money is given periodically, and the cousin is a bum.
I can’t tell about checkpoints, he is my second cousin so not sure what are the checkpoints..

I keep saying this, if Puppu ever becomes the PM, he will bring India down to 10 levels below Pakistan.

Puppu doesn't even know how to tie his shoelace, he was probably an accidental birth aka courtesy of a poor quality condom lol.

Still would be fascinating to watch how our Mr_Happy_Ending totally ruin India from ground up with buffoonery of epic proportions, never witness before or will ever in the future. India would be taking all the IMF loans that Pakistan would not survive due to the lack of funds..

Back