Ireland vs England | ICC World T20: 10th Match | Group D | Guyana| 4/5/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKhanWC

Test Captain
Runs
England v Ireland, Guyana, 18:30ICC World Twenty20 4/5/2010

What a game, couldn't find a thread on it for some reason.

England 32-3 after 6 overs.

Ireland on fire, Morgan in to face his old buddies.

Oh son of a!

I couldnt be bothered to watch this i decided to stay online...and this happens?! :pissed:

This little left arm spinner looks very good. KP and Morgan in a bit of bother.

I hope we get rid of England this way..with Morgan and Kieswetter, their team has been dangerous.

England should still win imo but good work by Ireland here.

Nah, Morgan's form is too good and Pietersen usually gets the job done in a crisis.

KingKhanWC said:
England v Ireland, Guyana, 18:30ICC World Twenty20 4/5/2010

What a game, couldn't find a thread on it for some reason.

England 32-3 after 6 overs.

Ireland on fire, Morgan in to face his old buddies.

lol i was waiting for some one to start the thread..
i think we are gonna see the first upset today :(

There certainly are some demons lurking in this pitch. Ireland need Morgans wicket.

Wow! :O

KP just went... this is interesting now. Ireland on fire atm.

I usually don't follow England matches on account of them being boring, but this one is tempting.

England still favourites tbh. Not a single genuine tailender in this team, all 11 bat.

Wow.The Cup has really come into life,I would like to see Ireland win here but it would be harsh since they were unfairly beaten on the D/L method against the Windies.

Three years ago on this ground in the World Cup, Morgan was playing for Ireland against England. Today.. :))) :)))

Sledger said:
England still favourites tbh. Not a single genuine tailender in this team, all 11 bat.

True, but its a dodgy track and the Irish bowlers are very disciplined, so far.

IRELAND VS PAKISTAN IN BARBADOS???

.... IM JUMPING the gun butt...

can you spell FIRE IN THE EYES OF A PAKISTANI

KingKhanWC said:
True, but its a dodgy track and the Irish bowlers are very disciplined, so far.
Ireland will have to bat on it later on, that too when potentially 20 overs have been played on it.

Ireland win looks possible now. Which means Group E will be more attractive for Australia..... Not a good sign for Pakistan

^ Australia don't have a choice. Pakistan will be in group E regardless as they are seeded while Australia aren't. No matter what happens, Pakistan/Bang's group will be the same as Eng/Ire's.

(I think).

England choking .. that's what happens when half your team is South African :p

Morgan playing quite well amongst the carnage.

sada90 said:
so who are u guys supporting? why?

If Pakistan get through and Ireland win then Pak should have an easier ride in the next round. In theory.

Sledger said:
^ Australia don't have a choice. Pakistan will be in group E regardless as they are seeded while Australia aren't. No matter what happens, Pakistan/Bang's group will be the same as Eng/Ire's.

(I think).

Australia does have a choice. if they loose against Bangladesh (loose by 8-48 runs) then they will take Pakistan spot and be in Group E

KingKhanWC said:
If Pakistan get through and Ireland win then Pak should have an easier ride in the next round. In theory.

ok then thx..go ireland........... :14:

bounced said:
Australia does have a choice. if they loose against Bangladesh (loose by 8-48 runs) then they will take Pakistan spot and be in Group E
Well you're then suggesting they'll doctor the game which most people doubt.

If England get to around 130, it might prove too much for Ireland

Sledger said:
Well you're then suggesting they'll doctor the game which most people doubt.

I am not saying they will doctor it, just saying that they can choose their group and that it is not a good format.

bounced said:
I am not saying they will doctor it, just saying that they can choose their group and that it is not a good format.
Well they can't chose their group without fixing the game. If they win, Pakistan go through into group E.

if ireland loses then australia may look to lose tomorrow because they will face one easy team in S8

BUT AGAIN CONSPIRACY THEORY

Damn, Ireland really choking England here. Just one of that over. RR staying around 5.

Sledger said:

(I think).
Australia do have a choice. They can choose to kick either of Pak or BD out if they want and take their place. I doubt they'll care though.

taaveez said:
Australia do have a choice. They can choose to kick either of Pak or BD out if they want and take their place. I doubt they'll care though.
Yeah but I'm making the assumption that Australia will play for the win and the win alone, which I really think they'll do regardless of the outcome of this match.

This left-armer looks very talented. Just 17 years old as well.

Just enjoy this game and stop bringing in silly what if scenarios with Pakistan etc

Wright can only get the free hit away for 1 too LOL.

if ireland win, does that mean they replace Englan in pakistan's group?

Isn't Ireland's batting their lesser suit by quite some distance? Apart from N O'Brien, they are pretty useless with the willow?

Yes is the answer to the above.

If Ireland can keep the English below 120. This could be a great game...

Sledger said:
Isn't Ireland's batting their lesser suit by quite some distance? Apart from N O'Brien, they are pretty useless with the willow?

Yes is the answer to the above.

True, but when your luck is working, everything is possible. T20 is unpredictable, one good performance by a batsman, and the Irish can take the game away, specially, if they restrict England to below 115 or so.

Ed Joyce could have been handy for Ireland but left them for England and now England have dropped him. Boyd Rankin decided to stay with Ireland, well done to him.

3 slog overs to go now, it's 94/5.
Morgan really holds the key. Probably needs to improvise and all that jazz to give England something to bowl at. Personally, I think Ireland will struggle against a 120 target.

hope the minnows don't spoil the last 8 games like what happenned in wc07- let england win today.

rsk said:
hope the minnows don't spoil the last 8 games like what happenned in wc07- let england win today.
Ireland did make the super 8s last time though didn't they? (I think they knocked out Bd).

Ireland's best shot is for rain and DL. But there batting is so inept, that I doubt they would be able to chase a target at around a run a ball anyway. Englands bowlers will have something to say to on this pitch too, so for all Ireland's fight, England will win comfortably. Hope im wrong though.

If rain intervenes, Ireland will have a great chance as long as they get to play 6 overs.

Isn't it just 5 overs to constitute a match?

Morgan really putting his foot down now, moves to 42(34) as a lone hand.

England are 109/5 with 9 legal balls to go.

If Ireland wins, we will have Ireland in our group and a great chance to qualify to next round!!!!

Our group - > south africa, ireland and new zealand.

correct me someone if i'm wrong

Mooney in the right place at the right time.

The dangerous Morgan still there. 125 looks on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back