Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

B Kumar is clearly better in ODIs.

Junaid is clearly better in tests.
Too early to say, not many front line bowlers have the luxury to bowl their overs with the shine on the ball in the teething overs.

Last edited:
Have some humble pie...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wqifmcZec1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Many people forget that Junaid bowls along with the likes of Ajmal, Irfan, Hafeez (basically one of the best bowling atttacks).
Bhuv bowls along with Ishant and spray gun Umesh. That makes his efforts even more commendable.
Give credit where its due.

Many people forget that Junaid bowls along with the likes of Ajmal, Irfan, Hafeez (basically one of the best bowling atttacks).
Bhuv bowls along with Ishant and spray gun Umesh. That makes his efforts even more commendable.
That might actually be a benefit they can see him off then score runs of the others... Whereas with Ajmal, Irfan and Hafeez you have to target someone.

this can be taken from another angle as well.
Junaid has to compete with other bowlers in his attack to get wickets, i.e. all of them are wicket taking bowlers.
Bhuv doesn't have to compete that much to get wickets.

That might actually be a benefit they can see him off then score runs of the others... Whereas with Ajmal, Irfan and Hafeez you have to target someone.
No its not. If your partners are leaking runs, that makes your job even more difficult in terms of maintaining the momentum, keeping up with the aggression.
You will notice bowlers (specially fast bowlers) bowl better if they have good partners. As they say, fast bowlers hunt in pairs.
Waqar - Wasim, Mcgrath - Lee, Pollock - Donald etc.

Junaid is lucky to have decent partners which Bhuv lacks big time.

That might actually be a benefit they can see him off then score runs of the others...

Containment makes taking wicket even more difficult..yet he keeps chipping wicket every match. Thats why I rate Bhuv better than Junaid.

Last edited:
No its not. If your partners are leaking runs, that makes your job even more difficult in terms of maintaining the momentum, keeping up with the aggression.
You will notice bowlers (specially fast bowlers) bowl better if they have good partners. As they say, fast bowlers hunt in pairs.
Waqar - Wasim, Mcgrath - Lee, Pollock - Donald etc.
He bowls his 10 straight away in one spell with a moving ball and if he picks up a wicket the other team is on the back foot.. Momentum isn't a factor considering he only plays in one portion of the game.

Last edited:
Junaid Khan Vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Junaid isn't confined to bowling in one particular phase of the game and if the ball isn't moving BK becomes an easy target.

Like Philtrundler.

I agree with Kiwi... Bhuvi will struggle in non-supportive conditions, because he just has the movement and swing, if he doesn't get that swing he is in for trouble because his pace is 120-130. becomes an easy target then.

Junaid isn't confined to bowling in one particular phase of the game and if the ball isn't moving BK becomes an easy target.
Might be if the bowl is not moving...Bhuv is an easy target..

But guess what

If the bowl is not moving...Junaid avgs 102 aka Champions trophy :asif :runaway:

Junaid Khan Vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Yeah the dangerous trundling of Philtrundler in Australia was there for all to see :msd

But guess what

If the bowl is not moving...Junaid avgs 102 aka Champions trophy :asif :runaway:
It happens but he's still the more lethal bowler.

But guess what

no wonder India never had good bowlers... judging bowlers on basis of 3 matches :facepalm:
Same could be applied to Dhawan... failure in tri series... doesn't make him a lesser batsman

Thats the spirit of a true fan..respect :)
From a captains perspective the pace and ability to use him in the powerplay and death pips BK. If BK began to work on his bowling at the death and powerplay overs, I may have picked him. Think of it from a captains perspective and then you'll begin to understand.

Last edited:
Answer my question no
Who is better if the bowl is not moving? :msd

any evidence to suggest that Bhuvi is better when ball doesn't move?
there is that suggests that Junaid is better.
Reason? Junaid bowls at the death and PP overs when ball doesn't move whereas BK completes his 10 overs right at the start when ball moves and chickens out from PP/death overs.

As a pak fan I find bhuvi to be a better bowler atm. He is maturing rather quickly and has to work with a not so good bowling department. Junaid Khan is good on the other hand.. Just want to see more of him

any evidence to suggest that Bhuvi is better when ball doesn't move?
there is that suggests that Junaid is better.
Reason? Junaid bowls at the death and PP overs when ball doesn't move whereas BK completes his 10 overs right at the start when ball moves and chickens out from PP/death overs.
But 1st 10 overs is also powerplay with 2 fielder outside. Batting powerplay has 3 fileder outside.
Correct no? :yk

But 1st 10 overs is also powerplay with 2 fielder outside. Batting powerplay has 3 fileder outside.
Correct no? :yk

you asked about movement in the ball.
first 10 overs have movement.
not the later PP/death overs which is where bhuv chickens out.

Junaid khan has 3 Five wicket haul
on those WI Pitches even Bowler like Mathews,Erang was Looking dangerous

So is this comparison based on recent form?
Is it based on stats or breakdown of stats?
is it based on possible peak?
Is it to include tests and odi or odi only?

no wonder India never had good bowlers... judging bowlers on basis of 3 matches :facepalm:
Same could be applied to Dhawan... failure in tri series... doesn't make him a lesser batsman

I think "Junaid owned Kohli" hype was 3 matches only .. do you agree ?

Bk with his fluke bowling against a minnow like WI is no match for Junaid Period. Bk needs the conditiond to swing while Junaid has natural God given talent does not need the conditions to swing.

Juniad will and can match that average in WI. Bk will however get massacred in South Africa along with the rest of their arrogant batsmen who is going to get schooled and then we will see who is the last one smiling.

Bhuvi is obviously better and mentally stronger. when whole world was watching, Juniad was bowling like a chicken. it does not matter if has taken a few 5fers agaisnt average team on a flat wicket, when whole world sees him playing, he failed miserably. average of 100. lol.

Bhuvi is obviously better and mentally stronger. when whole world was watching, Juniad was bowling like a chicken. it does not matter if has taken a few 5fers agaisnt average team on a flat wicket, when whole world sees him playing, he failed miserably. average of 100. lol.

And your Bhuv couldn't do much against 'mighty' Aussies in test cricket. 6 wickets in 4 matches at an average of 40 :)))
wake me up when he is half as good in test cricket.
as for ODIs, Junaid will make it up in this series.
Not everybody gets to complete their full quota of 10 overs with a shining new ball, not everybody hides from death/PP overs like a chicken :yk there are some who can bowl any time in the game :junaid

I think "Junaid owned Kohli" hype was 3 matches only .. do you agree ?

That is a different story all together.
This is about performance.
Point in case, Dhawan couldn't do much in tri series. Is he being ridiculed by Pak fans like Junaid is being ridiculed by fans on the other side of the border?

That is a different story all together.
This is about performance.
Point in case, Dhawan couldn't do much in tri series. Is he being ridiculed by Pak fans like Junaid is being ridiculed by fans on the other side of the border?

Junaid owned Kohli.. did you watch the whole caption ? It further said "And they said Kohli was the best ODI batsman in the world"..

Pakistani fans called "Best ODI batsman, my foot"..

Bhuvi is a hack and a mediocre one along the likes of Ishant and Umesh. Junaid can move the ball irrespective of the condtions and is also more physically built like a bowler should be. Bhuvi can't do any of those things. Bhuvi is like a newly found Ishant. This time next year he will be long forgotten and some other indian hack will take his spot and thats a fact.

And your Bhuv couldn't do much against 'mighty' Aussies in test cricket. 6 wickets in 4 matches at an average of 40 :)))
wake me up when he is half as good in test cricket.
as for ODIs, Junaid will make it up in this series.
Not everybody gets to complete their full quota of 10 overs with a shining new ball, not everybody hides from death/PP overs like a chicken :yk there are some who can bowl any time in the game :junaid

lol. there is a big difference in performing at home against one of the worst test teams than playing infront of whole world in a prestigious tournament. Bhuvi did not have to contribute much as our spinners were taking care of those sorry aussies who were horrible against spin. why did dhoni have to ask bhuvi to bowl when aussies were struggling against spinners? I dont understand. cant expect logic from you either.

junaid will make it up against windies?:) could not do anything in the prestigious tournament when he played against better batting lineup. now against one of the worst teams, on a bowling friendly conditions he will make up.. lol. anyway wake me up once he makes up against windies.:yk:

Junaid owned Kohli.. did you watch the whole caption ? It further said "And they said Kohli was the best ODI batsman in the world"..

Pakistani fans called "Best ODI batsman, my foot"..

I think you are talking about this picture...
47625_467785569924341_1171649635_n.png

If yes, then it was uploaded by Troll Cricket FB page which is run by neutral admins.

lol. there is a big difference in performing at home against one of the worst test teams than playing infront of whole world in a prestigious tournament. Bhuvi did not have to contribute much as our spinners were taking care of those sorry aussies who were horrible against spin. why did dhoni have to ask bhuvi to bowl when aussies were struggling against spinners? I dont understand. cant expect logic from you either.

junaid will make it up against windies?:) could not do anything in the prestigious tournament when he played against better batting lineup. now against one of the worst teams, on a bowling friendly conditions he will make up.. lol. anyway wake me up once he makes up against windies.:yk:

all your supposed Logic will be gone within an years time when Junaid goes on to become big and Bhuvi becomes the next Trundler in line :yk
Can't do anything when the ball is not moving. Reason why he chickens out for death/PP overs.
So bhuvi didn't have much to do because your spinners were taking care? talk about excuses :p
Also your Bhuv couldn't perform at home against one of the worst test teams either :asif

I think you are talking about this picture...
47625_467785569924341_1171649635_n.png

If yes, then it was uploaded by Troll Cricket FB page which is run by neutral admins.

Yes and subsequent ridicule Kohli received on basis of it..

I am surprised the same Pakistani fans hide when Junaid averages102.. and still getting called best.. height of inconsistency.

Yes and subsequent ridicule Kohli received on basis of it..

I am surprised the same Pakistani fans hide when Junaid averages102.. and still getting called best.. height of inconsistency.

Again it wasn't a Pak fan page which uploaded the picture, it was a neutral page.

on flat pitches Sirilanka has the best batting lineup, look at record of some great fast bowlers against sirilanka in sirilanka

Last edited:
all your supposed Logic will be gone within an years time when Junaid goes on to become big and Bhuvi becomes the next Trundler in line :ykCan't do anything when the ball is not moving. Reason why he chickens out for death/PP overs.
So bhuvi didn't have much to do because your spinners were taking care? talk about excuses :p
Also your Bhuv couldn't perform at home against one of the worst test teams either :asif

Are you paul the octopus? predicting future. If I do the same, I would predict Junaid to spot fix and go to jail like your other fast bowlers. So dont even go over there.

Ok now tell me what is your excuse for Junaid's poor performance infront of the whole world when everyone expected him to perform better? why did he average over 100. if he was really good like you said, why was he bowling like chicken?:yk: Its not just CT, even before CT, he was struggling against Ireland.

Are you paul the octopus? predicting future. If I do the same, I would predict Junaid to spot fix and go to jail like your other fast bowlers. So dont even go over there.

Ok now tell me what is your excuse for Junaid's poor performance infront of the whole world when everyone expected him to perform better? why did he average over 100. if he was really good like you said, why was he bowling like chicken?:yk: Its not just CT, even before CT, he was struggling against Ireland.

you should really watch some matches before spouting entire rubbish... who said he was struggling against Ireland? bowled really well there.

you should really watch some matches before spouting entire rubbish... who said he was struggling against Ireland? bowled really well there.

lol. yes I watched those games. He did not get many wickets and did not contain either. This is against Ireland, one of the minnows. I would have called it a decent effort if he had done something like that in CT, because in CT he played against better opponents, his performance there was even worse.

lol. yes I watched those games. He did not get many wickets and did not contain either. This is against Ireland, one of the minnows. I would have called it a decent effort if he had done something like that in CT, because in CT he played against better opponents, his performance there was even worse.

lots of Inside edges and chinese cuts. was unlucky. You'd be really biased to say that he bowled rubbish in Ireland.

to be honest at the moment the debate doesn't hold that much water because both have played only a handful of games. shall wait at least one more year.

lots of Inside edges and chinese cuts. was unlucky. You'd be really biased to say that he bowled rubbish in Ireland.

lol at your excuse. Ireland is still a minnow. The way you guys have been hyping him like next wasim, he should have bowled a lot much better. not like 50 for 2 in 10 overs against minnow.

some of your friends discrediting Bhuvi's 5for against Windies as Windies is not one of the top teams. I am sure Windies is a far better batting lineup than Ireland the minnow.

Last edited:
either way, I'm outta the thread.
You guys can be happy thinking that Bhuv is better :)

Bhuv better than Junaid?
What next? Kohli better than Umar Akmal and Dhawan better than Jamshed?

Ahh these indians!

lol at your excuse. Ireland is still a minnow. The way you guys have been hyping him like next wasim, he should have bowled a lot much better. not like 50 for 2 in 10 overs against minnow.

some of your friends discrediting Bhuvi's 5for against Windies as Windies is not one of the top teams. I am sure Windies is a far better batting lineup than Ireland the minnow.

LIE ALERT:

BHUVNESHWAR KUMAR HAS NO 5FERS in TEST or ODI CRICKET.

As far as this Thread goes.

Junaid is the better seamer, by far.

Bhuvneshwar has been better in ODI Cricket recently.

There is no contest in Test Matches as Junaid is far ahead.

LIE ALERT:

loifan caught red handed there :asif

Okay what did he do in the SA test series?

How much did he bowl in South Africa?

2 innings in Total , 1 of those when we already knew that we had lost after being dismissed for 49.

In the 1st Innings he was very good picked up 2 wickets and missed out on an opportunity to bag more as Hafeez and Gul shared the 2nd New ball.

Was injured for the rest of the series.

Looked the best of the Pakistani Bowlers when he did play in that 1st Test, was very unlucky to miss out on the 2nd and 3rd Tests.

But no worry he will have his chance come October when Pakistan face SA in U.A.E, the conditions will be Flat and the opposing Batsmen will be the Best in the World.
Will be a tough challenge for Junaid, but lets see how he does.

LIE ALERT:

Lol. Lie detecter is here. Ok 4fer or 5fer he took recently.

Bhuv better than Junaid?
What next? Kohli better than Umar Akmal and Dhawan better than Jamshed?

Ahh these indians!

Of course kohli is far better than slogger akmal. Go check kohli vs umar thread. Now its umar vs chandimal. Previously we had umar vs rohit. Thanks to that thread rohit has been awesome since then.

Bkumar is a good LOI bowler but he can never be a decent test bowlers as in tests you have to bowl extended spells at good pace (135-142k) or atleast at 130-135 if you are over 6ft 3. Bkumar is too weak an athlete to be a good test bowler. I really feel for the guy but it is a harsh reality that in a long run he can be only be a decent ODI bowler. :afaq

Last edited:
How much did he bowl in South Africa?

2 innings in Total , 1 of those when we already knew that we had lost after being dismissed for 49.

In the 1st Innings he was very good picked up 2 wickets and missed out on an opportunity to bag more as Hafeez and Gul shared the 2nd New ball.

Was injured for the rest of the series.

Looked the best of the Pakistani Bowlers when he did play in that 1st Test, was very unlucky to miss out on the 2nd and 3rd Tests.

But no worry he will have his chance come October when Pakistan face SA in U.A.E, the conditions will be Flat and the opposing Batsmen will be the Best in the World.
Will be a tough challenge for Junaid, but lets see how he does.
Nice excuse for the poor perormance. When your batsmen played badly then you can bowl badly too? When indian bowlers gave away 300 odd runs, indian batsmen didnt chase those scores successfully many times. That shows how mentally stronger indian players are.

Last edited:
Bowled well.Ok how many wickets?

2 in the first innings. not too sure about the second innings, but by then the match was already lost. should have gotten at least 4 in the first innings.
how many wickets Bhuv has in his test career? :yk

Bkumar is a good LOI bowler but he can never be a decent test bowlers as in tests you have to bowl extended spells at good pace (135-142k) or atleast at 130-135 if you are over 6ft 3. Bkumar is too weak an athlete to be a good test bowler. I really feel for the guy but it is a harsh reality that in a long run he can be only be a decent ODI bowler. :afaq

Lol what are you talking...I can't stop laughing....Is that Lahori logic???? :amir
Look at Bhuvi's first class career...The guy has played 50 matches, took 155 wickets with 26 average on flat roads where Indian batsman scores double triple centuries in a match :Jadeja

Have a look at it - http://www.espncricinfo.com/tri-nation-west-indies-2013/content/player/326016.html

Back