Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Bhuvaneshwar's average in Tests is Awesome.... OOpps Sorry I misread his Batting Average as Bowling................ :)))..:)))

Ohh wait...... he is the best bowler India have produced in the recent years..:moyo..
True.... he is better Than Ishanth 45 Averaged SHarma and Umesh Pakistani Batsmen's Nightmare Yadav.............:yk

Last edited:
Bhuvi is good, but will fade away with time. Just like Praveen Kumar. Junaid on the other hand is a athlete, great talent. But will get phaity from :kohli

Bhuvaneshwar's average in Tests is Awesome.... OOpps Sorry I misread his Batting Average as Bowling................ :)))..:)))

Ohh wait...... he is the best bowler India have produced in the recent years..:moyo..
True.... he is better Than Ishanth 45 Averaged SHarma and Umesh Pakistani Batsmen's Nightmare Yadav.............:yk

Fail attempt.

Re: Junaid Khan Vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Bhuvi is good, but will fade away with time. Just like Praveen Kumar. Junaid on the other hand is a athlete, great talent. But will get phaity from :kohli

Sure, phainty just like last time around Eh :))

Junaid Khan has way more potential. The very fact that he's a left hander who can bring the ball in gives him the edge, but he's faster and is a seam (more than swing) bowler which means that he'll be more successful in Tests, where he already has three 5fers against SL, incl. two in Sri Lanka.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar is pretty good too, but his lack of pace will not work in Tests even if he'll always get early breakthroughs with the new ball (independent of the conditions) in the shorter formats (he's also good at the death, which is a massive difference with Praveen Kumar.)
I think that, statistically, Bhuvi will be more Agarkar than Kapil Dev/Srinath for India (one of their best in ODIs, but "respectable" at best in Tests.)

11 3 26 0 2.36 is his figure in this innings when his team really want him to get wickets. overall 44 overs 100 runs and 4 wickets. averaging 25 in this match. This is against the worst batting lineup. like I said in my prev post, please give me the thing that you are smoking.

Have you actually seen his spell ? He's better than what you suggest, and 8 wickets @ 23 isn't bad, even Somalia 2nd XI would be there to play a match and not eat samosas then kindly gift their wickets away for Juni to inflate his average (which stands at 27 as of now, in case...), let's be serious, you can't expect him to take a 12fer at an average which rivals a frog's IQ, batsmen of any side are here to - well - bat.

The legendary Kapil Dev took 4 wickets in 2 matches @ average of 33 and SR of 106 (lol) against Zimbabwe, let the series finish to see how Juni ends up. :kapil

Sure, phainty just like last time around Eh :))

Wait and watch. Even our dhawan gave phaity to your bowlers on a foreign pitch and not a Flat track. Just wait until next match. I guess you forgot Kohli's 183 that will haunt you guys all life. :msd

Bhuv has 4 tests. 6 wickets :))

All tests were against Aus on dead Indian pitches.

Just look at the averages of Starc, Pattinson, Johnson, Siddle etc on the same pitches. Every fast bowler struggled in that series.

Only Pattinson has some success (due to his pace) and spinners succeeded.

Junaid khan would not have done squat when Siddle or Starc or Johnson or Pattinson struggled.

Last edited:

Off which 3 tests were against Aus on dead Indian pitches.

Just look at the averages of Starc, Pattinson, Johnson, Siddle etc on the same pitches. Every fast bowler struggled in that series.

Only Pattinson has some success (due to his pace) and spinners succeeded.

Junaid khan would not have done squat when Siddle or Starc or Johnson or Pattinson struggled.

Junaid Khan has already got 3 5fers in test cricket, all on roads.
Averages around 27 ATM while playing most of his Cricket on uae dead pitches.

B Kumar is better.

I don't rate Junaid much. I mean he is a good bowler and one of the best young bowlers going around today but he is quite overrated.

Lets see what B.Kumar does in S.Africa. If he fails there, then he is just another trundler.

With the amount of swing he extracts with new ball in the morning, he will be handful there.

Junaid at this point is a much better Test bowler. But both are early in their careers. We have to give them a couple of years and see if they fade away.

Having seen Bhuvi bowling in Indian conditions, he is here to stay. He is not like other trundlers who are just brainless. Bhuvi actually uses his brain cells. If he is not getting wickets, he is usually very economical.

One is a strike bowler you can go to and the other is nothing more than a support bowler.

I'll let you decide which is which.

I wish Bhuvi bowled to Zim players. He was rested for the tour.

Even Undakat destroyed Zims and he is a pretty mediocre bowler.

One is a strike bowler you can go to and the other is nothing more than a support bowler.

bhuvi a support bowler?this is wrong at so many levels:facepalm:

Lets see what B.Kumar does in S.Africa. If he fails there, then he is just another trundler.

With the amount of swing he extracts with new ball in the morning, he will be handful there.

Junaid at this point is a much better Test bowler. But both are early in their careers. We have to give them a couple of years and see if they fade away.

Having seen Bhuvi bowling in Indian conditions, he is here to stay. He is not like other trundlers who are just brainless. Bhuvi actually uses his brain cells. If he is not getting wickets, he is usually very economical.

Both are pretty equal in ODIs tbh.
Test cricket is a different story. Will be interesting to see how bhuv does in SA.

Junaid is afuture legend, you just see it, that drive to succeed, that trickery of the highest order. He might not get sub 25 avg but a good sr though because of his amazing versatility with ball, he is lethal was a new ball, fast in middle overs and penetrating with the old ball.

You will be massively troller if I am thinking what you are trying to suggest.

Junaid was a epic flop in the Champions Trophy, the biggest test of his career yet.

Average of 102 :don

And no, a 3 match series in India isn't bigger than an ICC event.

Come on now, bhuv ain't support :facepalm:
Another story that he can't bowl at the death

Junaid was a epic flop in the Champions Trophy, the biggest test of his career yet.

He was good in the WI game, economical vs SA, but got phainty against India, which wrecked his figures alit.

Disappointing to see people judging bowlers on 3 matches.
Wasim and Waqar wouldn't have played for long if it were all based on single digit matches.

Last edited:
Performance in shorter format are always considered on a large sample size e.g. a couple of good days can win you a cup.There is a reason tests are given preference over ODIs in judging caliber of a player.

oh!but even junaid is not a support bowler he is a strike bowler.though tad over-rated on this forum.
He's not a strike bowler, he's only really had that one series.

A strike bowler imo should be able to pick up big wickets and hauls with ease.

He's not a strike bowler, he's only really had that one series.

A strike bowler imo should be able to pick up big wickets and hauls with ease.

Coming from a NZ supporter.

What rubbish, our strike bowler cant support someone who isn't even playing, moreover none of his stats suggest anything but from what ihave previously asserted.

How many times has Junaid knocked over the timber? He always seems to look for the edge, he needs to mix it up and attack the stumps once a while.

BK is lethal with the new ball and can easily pick up 2-3 wickets, Junaid struggles to take 1 these days.

What rubbish, our strike bowler cant support someone who isn't even playing, moreover none of his stats suggest anything but from what ihave previously asserted.
Once Amir comes back he'll take the role of strike bowler and Junaid will be a support bowler.

Junaid just isn't lethal enough to be a strike bowler.

Once Amir comes back he'll take the role of strike bowler and Junaid will be a support bowler.

He will be his opening partner and once again his stats suggest otherwise of your assertion.

He will be his opening partner and once again his stats suggest otherwise of your assertion.
If you've ever seen the two bowl you'll know why one is a strike bowler and the other is a support bowler.

Amir was doing what Junaid is doing now and more at 17 and had an extra yard of pace.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

Yes I have seen Amir bowl during that infamous tour, I didn't at any point question his ability or role, but said that JK's current stats are worthy of a strike bowler and should be respected as that.

Last edited:
Whenever I watch Boult, Southee and BK bowl I expect wickets.

I don't see that anymore with Junaid, all I expect is ooohs and ahhhs, he really needs to sort it out because I just don't see him picking up wickets any more.

Bhuvi is a good opening bowler, perhaps even a bit better than JK, but JK has much better allround ability imoand this is why he is better.

Whenever I watch Boult, Southee and BK bowl I expect wickets.

I don't see that anymore with Junaid, all I expect is ooohs and ahhhs, he really needs to sort it out because I just don't see him picking up wickets any more.

True that ! He didnt do anything special in SA or in England during the CT ! Whatever it is, I hope he can get his nack back !

I guess he didnt get his pepsi yet :irfan

How many times has Junaid knocked over the timber? He always seems to look for the edge, he needs to mix it up and attack the stumps once a while.

BK is lethal with the new ball and can easily pick up 2-3 wickets, Junaid struggles to take 1 these days.

:))) I'll let these do the talking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87LTMZUtbZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwUojA85cO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=017TsiE8VT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXgY2mcdMg4

Junaid has more pace, better bouncer and yorker than Bhuvi. He's a better all round bowler for sure but just needs to improve his consistency slightly, and that's where he's just pipped by Trent Boult imo.

Cool videos from a year ago...

Still proves your rather ignorant comment in regards to his ability to hit the stumps. In fact, Junaid actually has a greater percentage of his wickets from LBW and Bowled's at 46% than Bhuvi or Boult's percentages of 43% and 25%, respectively, across all formats.

Still proves your rather ignorant comment in regards to his ability to hit the stumps. In fact, Junaid actually has a greater percentage of his wickets from LBW and Bowled's at 46% than Bhuvi or Boult's percentages of 43% and 25%, respectively, across all formats.
In the last 8 months in tests?

Last edited:
wOwY1nk.png

1/10 in his last 3 matches.

Yep, let's only look at the time period where he's gone through a bit of a bad patch and ignore his overall stats. Your initial statement was clearly flawed and now you're just clutching at the straws, being quite unfair to Junaid, considering you are only looking at a sample of 3 tests.

The fact that he's taken 5fers on the flattest of wickets like the SSC and Abu Dhabi should be enough to show that he's a quality bowler, who just hasn't been as consistent as he'd like recently. End of.

Last edited:

McGrath used to look for edges as well and he is among the top 3 bowler I have seen. Bowler's job is to pick wickets efficiently. Also , Junaid is a strike bowler. He may not be a great bowler but if you put him out as a non-strike bowler then your standards are too high. Only great bowlers will then qualify.

Agreed, on PP he gets over hyped due to obvious reasons but you are going in other direction by underrating him.

Last edited:
Yep, let's only look at the time period where he's gone through a bit of a bad patch and ignore his overall stats. Your initial statement was clearly flawed and now you're just clutching at the straws, being quite unfair to Junaid, considering you are only looking at a sample of 3 tests.

The fact that he's taken 5fers on the flattest of wickets like the SSC and Abu Dhabi should be enough to show that he's a quality bowler, who just hasn't been as consistent as he'd like recently. End of.

Kiwi's irrational hate and criticism of Pakistani players has proved to be his downfall yet again and only a matter of time before he deserts this thread as well :waqar

Nothing wrong if you think B Kumar is better, even I think so, but please don't lie :asif

He couldn't do anything in SA, I fully expect BK to take 1-3 early wickets against SA in each innings.

New ball bowlers are supposed to strike and by the way he is talked up here he should be taking 4 wickets every spell atm he's barely taking 2 wickets per innings and has a S.R. of 66.

His econ saves him some face but the fact is he's bowling a line where the batsmen leave more often than not helping his average and economy.

I'd much rather pick a player with a higher econ and average with a better S.R.

Last edited:
So the dream of bowling like a Pakistani bowler became true for the Indians . One of their best matched our worst yet .

Mubarak ho aap ko yeh khushi .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Junaid a better test bowler,Bhuvi a better test and odi player overall,however Bhuvi has caught up with Junaid in odis mainly bcz Junaid has been very mediocre since his 5 fers against Lankans...he has gone downhill and now bowling at 134kph avg as well

Junaid a better test bowler,Bhuvi a better test and odi player overall,however Bhuvi has caught up with Junaid in odis mainly bcz Junaid has been very mediocre since his 5 fers against Lankans...he has gone downhill and now bowling at 134kph avg as well

how do u know this when there are no speed guns in this series?

Stats wise he's superior but on actual performance Boult and Southee are well ahead.

Actual performance shows on Statistics.

The fact that they are not performing is the reason why their statis are rubbish.

Don't know why Pakistan fans are getting so worked up over it. Junaid had a promising start, but Bhuvi is easily ahead of him at this point.
Junaid has bowled like a mediocre and harmless trundler way too often.

Don't know why Pakistan fans are getting so worked up over it. Junaid had a promising start, but Bhuvi is easily ahead of him at this point.
Junaid has bowled like a mediocre and harmless trundler way too often.

What has Bhuvneshwar done till now in Test matches to be called ahead ?

BK would have got 7-fers against this Zim team

So the dream of bowling like a Pakistani bowler became true for the Indians . One of their best matched our worst yet .

Mubarak ho aap ko yeh khushi .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

So after all the Junaid hype its come to this :razzaq

What has Bhuvneshwar done till now in Test matches to be called ahead ?

It's their bowling in the last 3-4 months. Junaid looks nothing like what I was expecting before. If you actually watched their cricket, you would know what I mean.

Besides, Bhuvi has played only 4 Test, and all of them were India-Aus I guess. Hardly got a chance to bowl because the pitches were so much in favor of Jadeja and Ashwin. He wasn't even needed.

Praveen Kumar had far better Test stats than the legendary teenage prodigy Amir. :amir Does that mean a thing ???
Let them play 10-15 Tests, and then do a comparison. The only worthy comparison for now is ODIs. As I said, Junaid is bowling like a trundler for an extended period now.

Back