Karachi Kings (121/3) start the Rawalpindi leg of PSL 9 with an emphatic victory over Quetta Gladiators (118) by 7 wickets

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated Points Table after Match 21 of PSL 9:
NuCJAv6.png

The Quetta Gladiators are aiming to secure a second victory and move closer to securing a spot in the playoffs as they prepare to take on the Karachi Kings in the 22nd match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024. The match will be held at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi today on Wednesday, March 6.

Currently, the Gladiators have accumulated 9 points from 6 matches and will need at least two more victories to guarantee their place in the playoffs. However, even a single win could suffice for Rossouw’s team, depending on the outcomes of other matches. On the other hand, the Karachi Kings, who have only managed to secure 4 points so far, will need to win all of their remaining 4 matches.

u9U6aw6.png

Squads:

Quetta Gladiators
Squad: Jason Roy, Saud Shakeel, Khawaja Nafay, Rilee Rossouw(c), Sarfaraz Ahmed(w), Sherfane Rutherford, Akeal Hosein, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Sohail Khan, Usman Tariq, Abrar Ahmed, Omair Yousuf, Mohammad Hasnain, Will Smeed, Sajjad Ali, Adil Naz, Bismillah Khan, Mohammad Amir, Laurie Evans, Usman Qadir

Karachi Kings Squad: Shan Masood(c), Tim Seifert(w), James Vince, Shoaib Malik, Leus du Plooy, Irfan Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Hasan Ali, Mir Hamza, Zahid Mahmood, Blessing Muzarabani, Daniel Sams, Anwar Ali, Tabraiz Shamsi, Mohammad Aamir Khan, Muhammad Akhlaq, Sirajuddin, Arafat Minhas, Muhammad Rohid Khan, Saad Baig, Fawad Ali

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

I back quetta to win. i dont think i need to go into an indepth analysis as to why

Toss Update:

Karachi Kings have won the toss and have opted to field first.

9wMmcZ4.png

Dumb decision by KK to bowl first and allow Quetta to get a free hit to 200

I see very little to no chance of Karachi kings chasing anything in excess of 180-90

6 wickets and it will be Mohammad Amir batting

Risky business by QG

Hoping for a Khawaja Nafay special at Rawal Pindi

Quetta look very strong no doubt but i am not sure about their batting depth ..biggest tail in PSL i think

Quetta look very strong no doubt but i am not sure about their batting depth ..biggest tail in PSL i think
Shane Watson. Direct approach. No this and that

5 bowlers
6 batsmen

One of the grounds where you can expect high-scoring games. Karachi needs to stop the run-scoring pace of Quetta else get ready to chase down 200 plus. 50 is up after 5 overs for the loss of 1 wicket.

1709717056257.png

Nafay needs to calm down and do some ball watching before playing rash shots.

Why doesn't saud open for us in t20 and bat one down or 2 down in odi for us?

And yes I'm already aware he failed in Australia, but our players always fail in Australia due to the bouncy nature of the pitch. Nothing new. We saw what happened in the t20 wc 2022, the test was always gonna be a bilo bounce nightmare if you will.

But saud has been decent( not super great) but decent as an opener this psl

Pathetic fat safraz can’t even run now should announce his retirement before he enters the pavilion!!

How does Sarfraz still manage to play PSL? This guy is a terrible player, most of the times they hide him down the order. Anyway, he's out now, advantage QG.

Russow better score runs now and get them to a total

Pathetic fat safraz can’t even run now should announce his retirement before he enters the pavilion!!
Better than the coward legwan who hides at the top of the order and chickens away from facing anyone above the quality of Ben Cutting

Russow is such a terrible runner

There’s always a run out on whenever he is at the crease

Quetta's batting lineup is not long enough. Need to bat sensibly here.

1 more wicket and Karachi will be having tail-enders on the crease. Akeil is just above average.

1 more wicket and Karachi will be having tail-enders on the crease. Akeil is just above average.
They need to stretch the batting

Akiel should probably bat ahead of Sarfaraz and Rutherford. He is a safe batsman

Khwaja Nafay as usual just leaves the team in a hole

He isn’t a number 3!

Runs out a player

Holes out

What a rubbish game for the captain

Get to 150, they have 3 good spinners for this track

Sarfaraz should not sacrifice his wicket for the team

It’s not like he is being appreciated for selflessness by these haters

165 is the magic number, KK will have to score the most runs in their campaign to get the total

Khwaja Nafay has to be swapped with Omair bin Yousuf

Get a proper player in

Happy to see Zahid bowling well. Another underrated cricketer whose career was destroyed by Babar and his Gang of Four

Platinum Nawaz not bowled an over on a spinner’s track and KK bowl 112-7 in 17.4 overs

Can’t touch the ball with the bat

Can’t bowl properly

Can’t catch/field

Mohammad Hasnain ladies and gentlemen

If Hassan Ali can bowl well, this has to be a bowlers paradise

personally to have any chance to win this game for QG,

I wouldn’t even bowl Hasnain. Just do my best to get 10 wickets with the overs of Amir, Abrar, Hossein and Tariq

100% sure Malik is chucking, with his full sleeves. He never bowled last decade or so for Pakistan due to chucking issues. Its probably his last tourney so he must think who cares?

100% sure Malik is chucking, with his full sleeves. He never bowled last decade or so for Pakistan due to chucking issues. Its probably his last tourney so he must think who cares?
Malik’s doosra was termed illegal

His stock off-spin was cleared by the ICC

As we observed in Sarfaraz 's most recent interview, he has now resolved to devote all of his attention to studying the English language, as evidenced by the significant improvement in his English.
He is currently playing cricket only to gain the opportunity to talk at post-presentations.
However, as he is no longer a captain, he has no opportunity to show off his command on the English language.
He nevertheless has an opportunity to provide a match-winning performance, but even Sarfaraz could choke on his biryani after hearing that phrase. He is aware that, at this age, maintaining composure is difficult for him, let alone winning a match.

boring match because of quettas pathetic batting...they know they dont bat deep and yet this performance

You get into this zone of carelessness

You will be stuck on 11 points for the rest of the tournament

Just a nothing cricketer

Hasnain

NO progression in his bowling skills since he started playing. Which is funny, because he has pace (which is the hardest thing) to add other skills once you have pace isn't really that hard

This is guy Tariq is a must for 2020 world cup...you cant take him in one days or tests cos he cant hold a bat nor field then again half our team cant but still he is much better than abrar and co

What a nothing shot from Vince, just scoops it to point

They have to get Seifert

The rest besides Pollard will allow pressure to build on them

They have to get Seifert

The rest besides Pollard will allow pressure to build on them

There is no pressure any longer 56 from 70 required. even for slow malik that is achievable haha

Considering Karachi Kings' NRR, their chances for the playoffs are still narrow.

IMG-20240306-WA0033.jpg

Back