Multan Sultans (189/3) become the first team to qualify for Play-Offs of PSL 9 with a resounding 20-run defeat against Karachi Kings (169/7)

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated PSL points table after 18 games:

5rk9iI7.png

The Karachi Kings, after facing consecutive losses at home, are eager to bounce back as they prepare to host the leading team, Multan Sultans, in the 19th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024 at the National Stadium in Karachi today on Sunday (March 03).

The team led by Shan Masood has been struggling, with only two victories out of five matches, placing them fifth in the PSL 9 points table, just above Lahore Qalandars who have yet to secure a win this season.

In contrast, the Sultans are comfortably leading the league with 10 points from six matches, two points ahead of the second-placed Quetta Gladiators. Despite the absence of several key players in their last match against Lahore, Mohammad Rizwan has led his team to a commanding 60-run victory.

sAnC6Xo.png

Squads:

Multan Sultans
Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(c), Reeza Hendricks, Usman Khan(w), Tayyab Tahir, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Usama Mir, Aftab Ibrahim, Faisal Akram, Mohammad Ali, Shahnawaz Dahani, David Willey, Abbas Afridi, Ali Majid, Yasir Khan, Dawid Malan, Olly Stone, Johnson Charles, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Shahzad

Karachi Kings Squad: Shan Masood(c), Tim Seifert(w), James Vince, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Nawaz, Irfan Khan, Daniel Sams, Hasan Ali, Anwar Ali, Zahid Mahmood, Blessing Muzarabani, Leus du Plooy, Tabraiz Shamsi, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Aamir Khan, Muhammad Akhlaq, Sirajuddin, Arafat Minhas, Muhammad Rohid Khan, Saad Baig, Fawad Ali

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.​

Last edited:
Multan Sultans are going to win this clash. No chance for Karachi. Pollard is not here to save them.

Toss Update:

Multan Sultans won the toss and chose to bat first

Poor crowds in Karachi on a weekend. *** is the PCB doing? Why are they not addressing this? Do they not realize that this league is being broadcast worldwide?

Poor crowds in Karachi on a weekend. *** is the PCB doing? Why are they not addressing this? Do they not realize that this league is being broadcast worldwide?

I honestly think the issue is with the karachi municipality rather than the PCB on this occasion. They have utterly screwed up the logictics

I honestly think the issue is with the karachi municipality rather than the PCB on this occasion. They have utterly screwed up the logictics

They can at least make an effort to resolve this on a war footing with the khi authorities and Sindh govt. Khi is now hosting the bulk of the games for the remainder of the tournament and you can't show empty stands to the rest of the world

They can at least make an effort to resolve this on a war footing with the khi authorities and Sindh govt. Khi is now hosting the bulk of the games for the remainder of the tournament and you can't show empty stands to the rest of the world

Yeah I agree, and it's always the same case with Karachi year after year. It's like they don't care

Btw where have the other commies gone that they advertised on there such as Mark Butcher, Michael Clarke and even Ramiz was on there no?!

Btw where have the other commies gone that they advertised on there such as Mark Butcher, Michael Clarke and even Ramiz was on there no?!

They have just arrived in Pakistan for the second leg of the PSL.

Only watching because of my dad

Lame foreign players who I have never heard of before

Just waiting for the United v City game to start

Yes was supposed to be these guys, thankfully Marina Iqbal has filled the void of quality commentators well lolll.

M5KoSwL.png

Babar has upped his game this season in terms of strike rate but Rizwan still at times takes too much time. He shouldn't really though because Multan's batting is strong this time.

"The 50 partnership comes in good time from just 41 balls."

These commetators are daft

Says a lot about our batsmen ability to hit spin when likes of Usama & Zahid are bowling incredibly well in PSL and when its international cricket, its runs galore.

This is the standard of the PSL that we have Usman Khan as an international player.

50 from 32 balls. He will have to go at a quciker rate to make up for Riz :)
But he has scored the fastest PSL century so I have no doubt he will accelerate now

VdgApT6.png

SR of 158 in PSL. Good player of the short ball he should be in contention for Pak team

camera pans to Maliks wife (as he is bowling)
Crowd cheers
Malik bowls a half tracker that gets hit for 6 :(

Never thought i'd be learning about astrophysics watching the PSL

Standard Rizwan 50 of 40 odd balls.
No matter if they have 9 wickets left, legend will take his time.

such pathetic fielding from the Kings, have conceded at least 10 extra runs in the field

2JmhaqJ.png

What a partnership. Must be close to record biggest partnership in PSL

What a selfish knock

But that’s standard for this guy

His fans will say it was the best knock in the history of PSL

45 deliveries on the wicket

No ability to hit sixes

No ability but to score runs on the leg side

This is apparently Pakistan’s greatest opener

3 people have no business opening the innings in T20 cricket:

Babar
Rizwan
Shan Masood

All 3 are captains of their side

3 people have no business opening the innings in T20 cricket:

Babar
Rizwan
Shan Masood

All 3 are captains of their side
that should be out batting line up

The quality of commentry is such, that i dont mind the commentators promoting the various sponsors as opposed to doing their 'analysis'

Multan are 15 runs short. Rizwan left it till too late to shift gears

“The only players in Pakistan who can score a 60 ball century; Babar, Rizwan and Fakhar (maybe)”

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhaah

Usman gets 2 PSL centuries in just 13 games. Crazy talent

wKCOraG.png

So insightful from Mir "Yeah I will look to bowl in the right areas"

1x7ryjw.png

Back