Pak V Eng: ODI No 1: Lahore: Score updates and discussion thread (Eng innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pieterson flicks razzaqs last ball off over for 4.

Nauman said:
120/2 now

God this English team is full of cheats, what is the whole point of Pieterson showing his bat to the umpire when it was no way near his bat.

thats normal i think.

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar said:
please don't blame Rameez for your lack of understanding of the game. what Rameez said makes perfect sense within the appropriate context. just because a couple of idiots make fun of Rameez all the time doesn't mean that everyone has to jump on him everytime he says something.

here's an interesting tidbit you might not be aware of: he gets paid to air his opinions and you not only do NOT get paid, you also pay part of Rameez's salary. hope that puts everything in context for you. cheerios...

hmmm...not really yaar. why dont you keep your cheerios for when youre hungry. and while you munch on them, why dont you explain to me why it makes sense to keep your best two fielders at mid-on and mid-off. :D

Amjid Javed said:
Pakistans ground fielding has been poor thus far.

we wouldn't have had this problem if Asim Kamal were playing. if only...

but cricket experts like you and I can only wince in pain as we watch these amateurs run our cricket team.

Something should be done about these singles ... its almost as if inzi is happy with them

i can hear a dog barking. hopefully someone will muzzle it!

Superb shot for pieterson. slams ball over legside for 4.

we wouldn't have had this problem if Asim Kamal were playing. if only...

but cricket experts like you and I can only wince in pain as we watch these amateurs run our cricket team.

There is a reason to why they play and not you and I ... there are certain expectations off of any JOB and if you fail to that properly you are bound to be critisized and time that you accept that their job is cricket and if they fail to meet the minimum standards their customers ( that is their fans) will point fingers at them

team-pak said:
hmmm...not really yaar. why dont you keep your cheerios for when youre hungry. and while you munch on them, why dont you explain to me why it makes sense to keep your best two fielders at mid-on and mid-off. :D

really you don't know? why were you taking cheap shots at Rameez's comments then? isn't it better to just ask someone if you don't know?

either way, send me a PM and I'll explain it to you in detail with pictures and all. till then lay off Rameez.

pieterson slams another razzaq ball over legside for 4.

really you don't know? why were you taking cheap shots at Rameez's comments then? isn't it better to just ask someone if you don't know?

either way, send me a PM and I'll explain it to you in detail with pictures and all. till then lay off Rameez.

May be the problem is that we have all heard better commentry, say the days between 1992 and 1999 ... and when Ramiz & Co. fail to meet our standards then we reserve the right to critisize.

As I said, if you are not doing your job exceptionally well, there will always be fingers and let me point them ... all 10 of them!

Eng 141/2 (26)

plenty of batting to come still....

overlord said:
There is a reason to why they play and not you and I ... there are certain expectations off of any JOB and if you fail to that properly you are bound to be critisized and time that you accept that their job is cricket and if they fail to meet the minimum standards their customers ( that is their fans) will point fingers at them

exactly.. and I completely agree. where did I disagree with any of that?

all I said is that I think Amjid and I could do a better job than Woolmer and Inzi. I mean look at our combined post count for goodness sake. nearly 40k posts filled with cricketing goodness. if that doesn't qualify us for team management then I don't know what does.

exactly.. and I completely agree. where did I disagree with any of that?

all I said is that I think Amjid and I could do a better job than Woolmer and Inzi. I mean look at our combined post count for goodness sake. nearly 40k posts filled with cricketing goodness. if that doesn't qualify us for team management then I don't know what does.

Fair enough .... i guess, I took some of those actual comments as 'sarcasm' ... my bad

overlord said:
May be the problem is that we have all heard better commentry, say the days between 1992 and 1999 ... and when Ramiz & Co. fail to meet our standards then we reserve the right to critisize.

As I said, if you are not doing your job exceptionally well, there will always be fingers and let me point them ... all 10 of them!

Challo , challo larro naheen - save the real nasty stuff when England cross 300 - phir PP pay mood bilkul kharab hojayaga!!

yaar Ramiz tumhara taya lagta hay? I didnt take a cheap shot at anyone. I called Ramiz's comment for the trash it was.

if you know the "logic" behind keeping your best fielders at mid-off and mid-on why dont you just tell us? you dont have to write a book on the topic you know! ;-)

England have to be aiming for close to 350 here. We've looked crap today so far

Pathetic bowling, I am off now, Ill wait for Pakistan's turn with the bat, hopefully they can put up a better display with the bat.

was that out? didnt see any bat hit the ball.. bumble defending the umpire immediately.

Last edited:
four more for pieterson. hes been allowed to free his arms to much!

It was plumb but there was doubt there as the bat hit the ground giving the impression that there were two noises, like an inside edge onto the pad. Element of doubt there and rightly given to the batsman.

Why do comentrators always try to defend the umpires that they have only one chance at full speed?

I mean ... the hell they are umpires not your local 'sabzi wala' their job is to do the Umpiring and do it well ...

and if they are too slow to see the ball then they shouldn't complain about introduction of Technology.

There is a very good reason why ICC dosen't let technology well ... simpley because the Whites will start loosing to technology all of a sudden.

If aneria is going for lot of run he can be replaced by arshad...I hope that since pak is bowling first inzi didnt forget that he has a bowler as a supersub

team-pak said:
yaar Ramiz tumhara taya lagta hay? I didnt take a cheap shot at anyone. I called Ramiz's comment for the trash it was.

if you know the "logic" behind keeping your best fielders at mid-off and mid-on why dont you just tell us? you dont have to write a book on the topic you know! ;-)

chup ho gaye ho tarar bhai. bolti band? :) time to put some cricketing knowledge behind the big mouth!

Okay...I think Pakistan is going down in this first match. If they dont take Petersion out he is going to take this game away from Pakistan.

team-pak said:

is too much to give someone some respect regardless of whether he is related to me or not?

come back and do that when you've played international cricket, captained your country's cricket team, been the CE of the PCB among other things. granted posting on an internet forum is a great accomplishment for you, somehow the real world doesn't quite perceive it the same way.

think hard and you'll figure out why you need your best fielders in the circle when you want to cut off singles. hint: it has to do with how good looking those fielders are.

flintoff, g jones, solanki, blackwell all to come interms of big hitters!

team-pak said:
chup ho gaye ho tarar bhai. bolti band? :) time to put some cricketing knowledge behind the big mouth!

some of us think before we post. so, not all us suffer from verbal diarrhea.

Pakistan's fielding is pathetic today. Inzi and Kaneria cant even hold a ball in their hands.... Razzak look totally out of sorts. And England has a huge huge batting line up today. I think 7 match winning spree comes to an end in this match.

Allot really starting to boast about England's chances

Top edge goes for 4! Shoaib unlucky and having words with KP.

think hard and you'll figure out why you need your best fielders in the circle when you want to cut off singles.

hmmm...didnt realize mid-off and mid-on were the only positions in the circle. well done yaar. you must be related to Ramiz! :19:

some of us think before we post. so, not all us suffer from verbal diarrhea.

MT - Can we pls ask you to calm down now ?

Exchange of words between KV and Shoaib Akhtar after he hit him another 4 on the last ball. I dont know what exactly they said but shoaib doesnt look too happy.

93% of runs have come on the leg side from Pieterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back