Pak V WI Test 1 - Day 3 discussion thread [28/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, the keeper's calling Afridi 'lala' in this test, which is what Noddy calls him :))2

And it was a good over - beat the bat several times

big appeal from Shabbir.. umpire thought it pitched outside leg.

Lead appraoching 400 and slowly Pakistani hope, you can see the head and shoulders dropping.

DM said:
lol, the keeper's calling Afridi 'lala' in this test, which is what Noddy calls him :))2

Lala means brother.

Afridi trying too hard and putting alot into his run up. He is bowling too many no-balls.

Afridi again beating the bat - looking dangerous. Ramiz has just said that Afridi's looking more potent than Kaneria

we jus need one ned to open up...chanderpaul cant do nething without partners

Rameez saying that Pakistan have let themselves down in many departments in this match.

Nauman said:
DM said:

Lala means brother.
:))2 all along i was thinking it was a reference to his loopiness

In every department, the extras haev been atrocious and today our fielding is just absolute torrid.

I want to see Kaneria with Afridi operating

DM said:
Nauman said:
DM said:

Lala means brother.
:))2 all along i was thinking it was a reference to his loopiness

Lala is Afridi's nick name, everybody calls him that. There is this one guy at my club who idolize's Afridi so we call him Lala

He has the lisence too with a 400 run lead, I still cannot believe Pakistan screwed this up, this was our chance to win a test series.

I still have faith in our team, I think we can hold out for a draw when we bat, especially since Windies don't have a proper spinner.

For 2 days long? HEck even Australia could not do that.

tahaqureshi said:
but they have Fido
if i was manager, i'd have played Akhtar, Sami, Irshad, Yasir Ali. 4 90mph bowlers. Eat that Edwards. You fast and destructive bowler you

if i was manager, i'd have played Akhtar, Sami, Irshad, Yasir Ali. 4 90mph bowlers. Eat that Edwards. You fast and destructive bowler you

:)) :)) :)) You really DO hate it when the oppostion bowlers out pace us dont u??

:))) :))) :)))

do you guys think drying up the runs will induce a wicket...or will the west indian batsmen not be fazed by that?

lol taha, it's my 2nd worst feeling in cricket (behind Afridi getting dismissed)!

tahaqureshi said:
do you guys think drying up the runs will induce a wicket...or will the west indian batsmen not be fazed by that?
it seems unimaginable that Chanderpaul is going to be fazed - he gives the impression that he'd happily bat at a snail's pace for weeks

interestingly Ramiz has just mentioned that we should have played faster bowlers!

WE DONT HAVE ANY AVAILABLE!!!!!

IRSHAD WOULD HAVE SPRAYED IT ALL AROUND, HE SUCKED IN THE 'A' TOUR

DM bro what i dont understand is if u're a revert how come u jus refer to PAK as "US" or "OUR TEAM" but not so with Bangla. AS muslims we are all brothers.

P.S. Edwards is indeed very very fast. His fastest so far is 94.2 mph but surprisingly powells fastest was 94.7 mph.

but apparently irshad and yasir ali are 90+mph

if that was true i'd play them immediately! - the accuracy can come later

eg when edwards started he bowled the odd magic delivery that shattered the english batsmen's stumps

same with Zahid, same with Hayward, Ngam, Akhtar initially, same with Lee when he started (remember his 5-haul Vs India -sprayed the ball, taking wickets from full tosses etc)

When the raw fast bowler then masters the accuracy the results are devastating eg Akhtar, Waqar.

full ball, just outside off and nips back a lot, left alone, ball just misses the off stump on the way to keeper

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why the unluckiness????

61.3 Abdul Razzaq to Hinds, no run, going away and its really clever bowling by Razzaq while installing two slips and two gully

Atleast someone is passionate out there...

DM - yasir ali is very quick - i remember gary's friend - a certain taimur khan said he was unplayable when he faced him earlier this season - he was too fast for him and he commented that ali was 90+. Now taimur khan isnt a bad batsman by any stretch of the imagination but ali got him in both innings

nadeem said:
DM bro what i dont understand is if u're a revert how come u jus refer to PAK as "US" or "OUR TEAM" but not so with Bangla. AS muslims we are all brothers.

P.S. Edwards is indeed very very fast. His fastest so far is 94.2 mph but surprisingly powells fastest was 94.7 mph.
Yep that Powll delivery was a bit strange - might have been an error because he didn't bowl near that for his other deliveries (from what i saw only)

Edwards has also bowled at least 96.2mph Vs South Africa last month. As for not calling Bangla "we" but only Pakistan, i think it's just that i consider myself a diehard Pakistan cricket team supporter and have followed them for years now so i feel a strong attachment to them. But in a non-cricketing sense i use 'we' with any muslim.

Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
DM - yasir ali is very quick - i remember gary's friend - a certain taimur khan said he was unplayable when he faced him earlier this season - he was too fast for him and he commented that ali was 90+. Now taimur khan isnt a bad batsman by any stretch of the imagination but ali got him in both innings
I love that piece of news! Taimur Khan is a very competent batsman - used to captain Pak A too and for him to say he was 'too fast' is amazing.

COME ON SELECTORS!!

it is true DM - i was shocked when i was listening to that convo - here is taimur khan, ex a team skipper and peshwar player who is still a good all rounder saying that a bowler was unplayable! ali wiped the floor with his side i think in dept cricket. taimur has faced a lot of fast bowlers in his time and to say someone was too good was good to hear

the bowlers do seem to be working hard... just need the fielders to make sure they back them up and take any opportunities that come their way.

they are trying to up the runrate..

first he tried to charge down the wicket and given second chance, now the other plays and misses...

This match is reminding me of the first match in India, we were given a severe pounding, catches dropped, misfields, irrational shots. Seems Pakistan, like the windies progress a bit and then takes a huge step back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back