Pakistan U19s (263/2) inflict a comprehensive 8-wicket defeat on India U19s (259/9) in the group match of the ACC U-19 Asia Cup 2023

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan ready to take on India in much-awaited ACC U19 Asia Cup 2023 clash

The much-anticipated fixture of this iteration of the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2023 is upon us. All eyes will be on rivals, Pakistan U19 and India U19, as they clash at the ICC Cricket Academy Ground in Dubai on Sunday.

Pakistan had a perfect start to their U19 Asia Cup campaign with a thumping seven-wicket win over Nepal U19 at the ICC Cricket Academy, thanks to some outstanding performances.

Pakistan U19’s decision to bowl first paid dividends as Zeeshan ran through the Nepal batting line-up. The 18-year-old pacer picked up six wickets at the expense of 19 runs, registering the second-best figures at this level for a Pakistan bowler, surpassed only by Shaheen Shah Afridi, who recorded 6-15 against Ireland U19 in 2018.

Chasing 153, Pakistan found themselves two down for 23 but a sparkling partnership worth 108 off 107 balls between skipper Saad Baig and Azan Awais rebuilt the innings. Zeeshan, who had starred with the ball, also hit a fiery 20 in just eight balls, smashing two fours and as many sixes.

Pakistan managed a net run rate of +2.770 by rolling out the opposition in 47.2 overs and chasing the set target in just 26.2 overs.

The last meeting between Pakistan U19 and India U19 saw the Qasim Akram-led side win a thriller by two wickets at the ICC Academy Ground No 2 in 2021. Mohammad Shahzad was the player of the match in that contest for his contribution of 81 in the chase of the 238-run target.

Pakistan U19 head coach Mohammad Yousaf, speaking to PCB Digital on the eve of the match, said: "All players performed really well, especially the bowlers who bowled responsibly. Captain Saad Baig and Azan Awais both adapted well to the conditions and scored solid fifties. The partnership between these two players saw us achieve the target easily.

“We promoted Mohammad Zeeshan up the order as a pinch hitter and he proved himself. It was good that we scaled the target in 26.2 overs, boosting our net run rate early in the tournament. The boys are very keen, focused, and disciplined. Tomorrow’s match is like a routine game for us; we will try to win as we do in all other games and are fully prepared to perform."

"Zeeshan is an extraordinary talent. He has a strong body and height, which greatly aids him. He bowled with the right line and length yesterday and proved himself as not only a good bowler but also a competent batter, demonstrating his skills as a pinch hitter. This will benefit our team."

Which side do you think will win?

Pakistan U19 team looks in fine form. I hope they will come out on top.

Don't know anyone from India except that Arshin the all rounder who hit like 13 sixes in a state level premiere league. Played a sensible knock against Afghanistan making 70 and also picking 3 wickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Indo-Pak clash will be on in an hour. Both teams dominated in their first matches against Nepal and Afghanistan U19 teams and now they will face off against each other. For me, it twill be 55-45 India.

ACC u19 Asia Cup 2023:

India u19 v Pakistan u19 toss update:

Pakistan u19 have won the toss and are bowling first.

1702185249423.png 1702185265869.png

Ubaid Shah is not bowling more than 130kph. No zip at all in his bowling.

Why can't they roll out pitches like this for seniors. I can't see the difference between pitch and ground

So far the ball is swinging and seaming bit without wickets India will run away with the score

Both Obaid shah and Amir are bowling a lovely channel here. Nice to see some logical bowling from the opening pacers.
India is 13/0 after 4 overs.

Shah is generating a lot of potential catches and edges. Pitch does not seem easy for the batters.

Amir Hassan is fantastic to watch. His action is a hybrid of Wasim Akram and Shaheen.

Bounce is also there. Very very tough conditions to bat on. But i like to see such pitches in subcontinent especially places like Bangladesh

The outfield is quite slow. The good shots are not reaching the boundary line.

These batsmen have a long way to go. In their very early stage.As far as i know nobody got picked by any IPL team.

8 overs are done. India is 31/0... Good start for both teams overall.

Amir finally won the battle against Arshin. He departs after a well-made 24. India is 1 down for 39 runs.

Indian batsmen look too raw at this point. But i am sure they will be ready by world cup in 2024.

Zeeshan gets a wicket on his 2nd ball. He's going to be a menace with that height if he stays healthy.

Zeeshan comes to bowl and gets a wicket straightaway. India is 2 down now for 46.

Sarfraz Khan's brother is playing Musheer Khan. Want to see if he is heavy as well.
Not at all. Sarfaraz has always been stocky while his brother has been quite lean from a young age.
The disciplinary issues are common though.

15 overs are done and India managed to score 55/2. No real intent is shown here by the Indian batter. They are under immense pressure due to some superb bowling by Pakistani bowlers.

I hope a PSL team picks Zeeshan and gives him a proper chance. I want to see him against international batsmen.

15 overs are done and India managed to score 55/2. No real intent is shown here by the Indian batter. They are under immense pressure due to some superb bowling by Pakistani bowlers.
India was in the same situation at 57/2 in 15 overs in the last match against Afghanistan.
So, it is not just the Pakistani bowling. May be its the conditions are helpful or may be Indian batting is not as strong.

After 20 overs, India is 71/2. Good bowling this is from Pakistan, not giving any freebies ATM.

India on top tbh. Pakistan need quick wickets. 200 is a winning total on this pitch.

Does Pakistan even have 4th pacer in the squad? Khubaib khalil is a medium pace batting all rounder and Najab Khan is a batter , Ahmed and Naveed the other two darters.

India have already won the match. Too much psychological pressure on Pakistan now. Naman will be licking his lips to run through Pakistan lineup here.

Another wicket. Pak U19 fighting back with some excellent fielding

This Zeeshan is only 17. By the time Pakistan tours Australia next , he would have grown another 2 inches and I'm sure he will make Aussie batsmen hop.

Pakistan will have the tallest Test attack in the world by then.

This Zeeshan is only 17. By the time Pakistan tours Australia next , he would have grown another 2 inches and I'm sure he will make Aussie batsmen hop.

Pakistan will have the tallest Test attack in the world by then.
I fear with how bad our management of players is that we’ll never get to see him at his best for our international side. But I’m cautiously optimistic. Anyone know what pace he’s bowling at?

Zeeshan has been bowling a wonderful spell here with the ball. He can hit the ball long and hard as well. good prospect for Pakistan.

I fear with how bad our management of players is that we’ll never get to see him at his best for our international side. But I’m cautiously optimistic. Anyone know what pace he’s bowling at?
My visual assessment- low 130s kph.

This has been easy going for India atm. No real threat here as they are building a partnership that can hurt Pakistan in the last few overs. Pakistan U19 really needs a wicket here.

Ubaid shah finally breaks the partnership. India is 6 down now. Captain uday is gone.

Everytime a good bouncer has been bowled it has brought about success. Pakistan could've used it more.

Lets see if Indian bowlers have understood the requirement

Saad Baig captaincy is just pure class , he is reading the game and making moves like he is playing chess , never seen an U19 captain that smart ever. This guy got brains

Few quick wickets and India is struggling now. 7 down for 216 runs.
Some exceptional change of pace by the Pakistani pacers. So nice to see that kind of intellect from these young boys.

Mohammad Zeeshan has his 3rd wicket of the match that too off a full toss. Batter played it straight to the cover. India is 251/8 after 49

Good bowling performance by Pakistan Pacers but i don't see any special bowler who can play for Pakistan

Back