Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 more wicket and england are into the tail and some Indian fans pretending to be pakistan fans are crying about our approach!

:rehman has scored a Test 50 , at first class level he bats at number 6 - 7, I guess. The pitch is flat.

I wonder if misbahs tempted to play a reverse pull or cover drive off tremlett hes not that quick!

lol Stop debating with them. This t20 generation only knows one mode of cricket!

really lazy argument.

you can be a scholar of test cricket, and still notice a strike rate that is too slow to create pressure.

really lazy argument.

you can be a scholar of test cricket, and still notice a strike rate that is too slow to create pressure.

Just wait till England come out to bat facing a large deficit, then the pressure will really kick in.

Did i say he came out to bat when new ball was taken? do you need reading lessons?

New ball on this wickets is main threat so it needed to be seen off, if you cant understand that concept then come back when when T20s start as you acting like a child!

we r all childs and ur the only adult here?

Every person wants their team to do well and win not play crap and draw time and time again.

This approach works with weaker oppositions BUT we are playing a no.1 test team here and not everytime will our bowlers restrict them to a total under 200 or even 300 for that matter!!!

It took them half a day to wipe the 192 total and when you should be building a lead its taking forever, the more days you waste the more difficult it is to win!

England are capable of making a 2nd innings comeback they have done it time and time again.

This series is where Pakistan's intent should be shown, we will be facing South Africa, Australia too, you think this 2rpo approach will win us games???

By batting out the day and not scoring runs and rotating strikes, a team is shooting themselves in their own foot!

This wicket is not difficult to bat on but Pakistan make every pitch look like its difficult to make runs on!

Wake up and look at the scorecard you fool 42-0 in 15 overs, 114-0 in 35 overs and since then we are 263-5 in 96 overs!!!

If u cnt even manage 300 runs in 90 overs then yes I have every right to criticise a team that I want to see doing well, climbing up the ranks, winning against stronger oppositions!

Did you see how Australia who are not the team they used to be took advantage of India's low total and rack up 659-4 in 2 days???

Yes that was India but not so long ago this same Australia team got bowled out for 42!!!

See 192 is an easy total to get to and then show intent and build a lead!

Take your time to reach 300-350 and the opposition has a chance to win or play out a draw.

England are under no pressure at all bcoz this day more or less has belonged to England no doubt when it should not have been!

can just imagine all five akmal brother playing the cover drive in their back yard :p

75 run lead. Id like to say pakistan on top. Only lost 5 wickets so far in the whole day is a positive sign.

really lazy argument.

With you on that. Misbah , however , at his age can not change his game. he is a man of limited talent but unlimited almost idiotic amount of patience.

I sense a wicket here from swann, lbw.

Last time in 2010 I think Ajmal got 12 wickets in the test series VS England...this time he's looking to do that in one match inshallah :ajmal

Swann back now to have a twirl, i think england should try KP or Trott again!

really lazy argument.

Yeah but y do u fail to see that Adnan is not that good with the bat. Misbah slowed down because of this and the new ball. Plus this is only the second day of the match.

Runs are important, it is the runs that will cause pressure, not blocking maidens after maiden.

you could have a lead double this by now, with minimum risk.

England maybe. This team, no. You have to understand our players are not that good at playing with positive intent and low risk at the same time.

Pakistan have played swann very well. Apart from hafeez who could have gone without sweeping swann has not threatend at all.

england starting to flag in the field, misbah keep on grinding!

Misbah onto 48. Whippy, still don't rate this innings? At 30 I thought it was an OK innings, now it's a good innings. If he continues onto 75+, it might be a very good innings.

how. Misbah isn't batting fast but he is batting at a strike rate of around 35. Doubt he could score at double the rate (which would also require his partners to bat around double the rate too) if we were to have a lead of double this.

Strike rate is important, but at the moment Pakistan are in a tricky situation and need guys to stay in. Which is what Misbah is doing. We don't have 100 lead yet. Better to bat slow and get a lead now then trying to make it up in their second innings. The more runs the better at the moment regardless of what strike rate it's made at.

Misbah's playing fine at the moment.

I think Pakistan tailenders should also look to score here, England missing another spinner, so If the likes of :rehman :ajmal can concentrate , they can score 25 - 30 runs.

I think england have bowled well and with good discapline or you now admitting that your bowlers are cannon fodder on this wicket?

Good field placements by Strauss. Really impressed by his captaincy

2 days into series and some england fans struggling with the heat and the grinding or Master tuk tuk!

Haha :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back