Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you have put a lot of effort in writing this up , but did you see the DRAW button already pressed by Misbah?

Yup but had I mentioned draw, ppl on this forum wud have gone mad and brought their daggers out!!!

Misbah's defensive approach is really going to come back and haunt us in the long haul bcoz England will not fold cheaply all the time and its just the 1st test.

Misbah always comes out with draw on his mind even if its day 1 or even day 2.

He has no confidence in the team and does not know how to win or take advantage when you are in a strong position.

This defensive approach will always give the opposition a chance, had they continued to maul England after the 1st session when Hafeez and Taufeeq were going well, England would have lost all confidence and we would have batted them out the game by now but no, now England sniff a chance at revival and dare I say they can even win or atleast draw!!

They have nothing to lose WE DO, they are no.1 and they can bat with intent, we just can't!

This series is where Pakistan and Misbah's real captaincy will be tested!! Right now he is failing big time!

strauss has started to sleep in slips

Strauss: Oh gosh wht kind of bone misshhhbah has

Tremlett just looks like a waste of a slot here....we could have had some Sardar jokes with Monty on :(

By not scoring runs... what actually misbah is doing that.... allowing straus to set field anywhere he wants to... because he knows misbah will never go for big shots.... and it always pile up pressure... on the batsman on other side... for a change he scored a boundry

Play the ball on merit

thats what hafeez and taufeeq did .. we scored above 3/over

problem is he didnt play the ball on merit ..and it help england to bounce back on us they are not srilanka and bangladesh

when from both end if u play with 30 SR for no reason.... and not playing on merit ...bowlers will sit on ur head ....especially world number 1 team ...

Pakistan were 4 wickets down and england had just taken new bal and took a 5th wicket, what did you expect pakistan to do come out and play their shots and then be 250/8?

We are trying to gain a lead here and its only day 2! Last time i checked it aint due to snow or any hurricanes so we still have 3 full days of cricket to go! so relax!

By not scoring runs... what actually misbah is doing that.... allowing straus to set field anywhere he wants to... because he knows misbah will never go for big shots.... and it always pile up pressure... on the batsman on other side... for a change he scored a boundry

what pressure yaar?

Misbah doesn't feel any pressure and he won't let anyone else feel pressure. You can bowl 100 dots and he won't feel pressure. Don't worry. He has this under control.

Haha i love how out of the blue Misbah unleashes one to the boundary!

Pakistan were 4 wickets down and england had just taken new bal and took a 5th wicket, what did you expect pakistan to do come out and play their shots and then be 250/8?

We are trying to gain a lead here and its only day 2! Last time i checked it aint due to snow or any hurricanes so we still have 3 full days of cricket to go! so relax!

so misbah came to bat when they took the new ball ??

I still think Pakistan are already in BONUS zone here.....considering iDone's hold on the World XI

Thrown away the advantage? Which game are you watching?

I'm watching the one where Pakistan are 64 in front with 5 wickets remaining.

not the greatest position when you bowl out the opponent for 190 on a flat pitch. a goodish position, but from 100/0 they have undoubtedly made a few errors.

Keep the English in the field for as long as possible. break them mentally and then they will definitely struggle playing Ajmal as it requires 100% concentration.

not the greatest position when you bowl out the opponent for 190 on a flat pitch. a goodish position, but from 100/0 they have undoubtedly made a few errors.

Of course. It's not the advantage we had at that stage. But we're still in front and in the process of extending this lead.

Bumble just said it, the plan is to bat once. No matter how long that takes.

Amjid's pre-series trumpeting continues to dwindle in volume :p

England scores 192 runs in 72.3 overs at 2.64 overs

Pakistan have scored 250 runs in 91 overs at 2.74 overs

England found scoring tough and pakistan are trying to gain a lead which could be crucial in the game, so why you crying for its day 2, still 3 days left! If you dont like watching the game go outside and play in the road with the cars or go watch India play!

England did not find scoring tough, it was Ajmal and his bowling which stopped England from racking up a big total.

And let me ask you a question...

If you think this approach is fine, then what would your opinion be about Misbah's approach when oppositions rack up 400-500+..

This may be just day 2 and yes 3 days left in the match, but the way Pakistan play out the day with adding a mere 220-250 runs in a day, do you really see us batting out England out the game? England can wipe out a lead of 150 easily and rack up a lead of over 200, Misbah will shut up shop go for the draw, will you be happy??

I want to see Pakistan win comfortably and not scrape a draw all the bloody time.

His defensive approach to an innings is very cowardly!!!

you need to score the bad balls because 1 good ball can get you out

tuk tuk captain cant understand this

I would like to know what waqar use to say to misbah when he was head coach. I think he is forgetting he is the guy who started this team off nit so long ago.

so misbah came to bat when they took the new ball ??

Did i say he came out to bat when new ball was taken? do you need reading lessons?

New ball on this wickets is main threat so it needed to be seen off, if you cant understand that concept then come back when when T20s start as you acting like a child!

England did not find scoring tough, it was Ajmal and his bowling which stopped England from racking up a big total.

And let me ask you a question...

If you think this approach is fine, then what would your opinion be about Misbah's approach when oppositions rack up 400-500+..

This may be just day 2 and yes 3 days left in the match, but the way Pakistan play out the day with adding a mere 220-250 runs in a day, do you really see us batting out England out the game? England can wipe out a lead of 150 easily and rack up a lead of over 200, Misbah will shut up shop go for the draw, will you be happy??

I want to see Pakistan win comfortably and not scrape a draw all the bloody time.

His defensive approach to an innings is very cowardly!!!

You're a fool, lets play shots get bowled out under 200 in both innings :butt:kami

Feels like we have been seeing Misbah bat forever........then I check his stats and this is his 33rd test only :O

I expect Pakistan tail to wag..... :rehman should score some. :ajmal has a decent technique.

:gul can connect a few, though his form has been poor.

Feels like we have been seeing Misbah bat forever........then I check his stats and this is his 33rd test only :O

Yah , but he s been there at the important games , 2007 final , 2009 final ,mohali semifinal and lately he has spent a lot of time on crease so yes! :D

Pakistan doing well, whoever wants us to be at 300/5 or whatever is stupid.

We've bowled out a team before the end of the FIRST DAY, ffs! Teams, batting first, especially on this pitch, usually bat till lunch/tea on Day 2 then declare! We can take all the time in the world. Relax. Our tuk-tuk will pay off.

Do you want us to lose wickets playing aggressive strokes and trying to increase the RR like Hafeez did or slowly but surely inch along like Misbah is going at the moment? I'd go for the latter if I were a Pakistan fan..

Pakistan | 1st Innings | 5/259 | 95 Overs | RR 2.72 | Lead by 67 runs | Need 33 runs in 10 Overs

Evening Session | 1/46 | 23 Overs | Todays play | 5/217 | 80 Overs

The ball is now 15 overs old. Imagine the tail coming in with the ball 2 overs old compared to now. Have the chances of the tail wagging increased? You betcha

Did i say he came out to bat when new ball was taken? do you need reading lessons?

New ball on this wickets is main threat so it needed to be seen off, if you cant understand that concept then come back when when T20s start as you acting like a child!

lol Stop debating with them. This t20 generation only knows one mode of cricket!

PPers what is your opinion on pakistan Tail??? Do you expect runs from them??

Any runs will be a bonus, on their day rehman, gul and ajmal can hang around.

However its important really that misbah and Adnan do bulk of the scoring here!

10 each from gul , rehman and ajmal. So I think 50 more are easy but you never know.

On a middling ball and flat pitch like this one.........50-60 if they play sensibly, 30-50 if they hit out......20-30 if they pretend to block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back