Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkeye is SO crap.

That should have stayed with the umpires call, as to where it hit was marginal, should have been not out.

Rehman should play his natural game.

englands tail scored around 100 runs so we need something similar with Adnan batting like prior!

this might be blessing in disguise for Pakistan... tomorrow I can see quick runs... in the morning

I dunno that didn't look out but why are people complaining? Misbah halted a potential collapse and ensured we have lead of at least 100 so chill...

single for Adnan!

rehman needs to play out last 5 balls off the day.

lead is 96.

damn it. Rehman out too.

God what a miserable last two overs.

well this is pathetic....totally ruined what would have been a good day!

Thats made it england session and day!

Tomorrow means Adnan needs to come out and score some quick runs tail needs to wag!

Disagree, Pakistan have done exactly what was required off them.

Only losing 2 wickets per session and being almost 100 ahead is what we wanted.

Even day, but more Pakistan's than Englands.

Even if Anderson gets one in the last over, we would be happy

Look , I am not surprised here, England are number one in the world , they were expected to come back strongly .......

Rehman gone! things getting worse for pakistan at end off the day!

Good day for England. Pakistan are still ahead but England have a good chance of coming back considering how flat this pitch is.

Pakistan tail could be knocked over quite quick here now :(

really disappointing noone went on to score a hundred...hafeez is the main culprit....played a needless shot when on 88!

'Rehman bowled!!!

Crap end to the day!!!

I dnt rely on Gul when it comes to making runs no more, so its all upto Adnan and Ajmal tomorrow!

This is what tuk tuking gets you!

Had Misbah showed some intent the lead would have been atleast near to 150 before he got out!

Now England are back in this thank you Misbah!!!

Pakistan | 1st Innings | 7/288 | 104.3 Overs | RR 2.75 | Lead by 96 runs

Evening Session | 3/75 | 32.3 Overs | Todays play | 7/246 | 89.3 Overs

Stumps - Day 2

Close pakistan 96 ahead with 3 wickets in hand.

Going to need to some how get another 54 runs from somewhere tomorrow.

Pakistan slightly ahead in the game.

this is what happens with tuk tuk approach,score goes nowhere n suddenly wickets peg u back.Indian also made this mistake in Aus

meh. Even if England score 300 theyre only gonna be ahead by around 200 max. I fully expect Pak to win this easily.

Adnan still out there lets be positive. If he manafes to get good runs then well come good. 100 leads are not bad either in sure we can bowl them out under 300 than bat n make 200.

Someone has to tell Misbah how to negotiate such passage of play.. The way he was playing these last few overs, it was bound to happen..

see how... not scoring runs.. effect the out come of the game.... if Pakistan would be 370 for 7... it was Pakistans day... now 288 for 7... England's day... Pathetic... staying on wicket doesn't mean anything if you don't score runs...

should still be aiming for 150 lead! adnan is still there and ajmal is capable....gul is lame...don't expect him to do anything...he just swishes his bat aimlessly at straight balls

Nothing to worry about. Pakistan still leading by almost 100 runs and another quick 30-50 runs tomorrow and we are well settled.

I can't see England score more than 200 in the second innings either.

Pakistan tail could be knocked over quite quick here now :(

and parity restored, looks like england are back in the match and looking ominous..but then pakistan were always required to play out of their skins to win this..guess they will have to now.

Pakistan should make it known to the tailenders , that they need to push the lead up any how....

I do not think pakistan should like chasing any thing above 150 in the 4th innings,

For that pakistan need to restrict England to 250 - 275 in the second innings.

I would say the game is very evenly poised from here on. England bowled superbly today, hardly giving anything away. Their batsmen are world class and are not likely to repeat the same mistakes in the second innings. I think Pakistan lost a great chance to make most of a rare England failure.

This batting approach by Pakistan will more often than not fail against the top teams. You bat the whole day and score even less than 250.. a few quick wickets and suddenly you are in a tricky situation with less runs on the board and no wickets in hand..

And they call this safety first approach :facepalm:

Stop blaming misbah, openers batted well we were going 3.5 almostr, than azhar got out and yk was scratchy has hell he got out without scoriing, misbah did an aweesome job halting collapase with adnan akmal. Culprit are not hafeez but azhar yk and asad shafiq. Specially asad shafiq who should be dropped 4 getting out sam eway

Relax guys ...We have a Lead of 96 England were bowled out for 192.

Although England have come back strong at the end of the day we are still batting and a 150 lead will I hope will see them off.

Rehman & Ajmal will see them off .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back