Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 3 | DSC | 19/01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our most comprehensive loss since Jamaica. There was however a very good response afterwards, and the best hope for England and this tour is that they can come back in some way. All credit to Pakistan for thoroughly outplaying England.

You must be kidding. This match is not over yet. England may have lost four early wickets but in my opinion they can still win this match. Just one or two good partnerships are needed and a lead of even 150 would be a difficult score to chase for Pak.

This is the first time, in the match, that anyone in our top six has attempted to build an innings. #trotter

Vaughan gets the India angle in: "The way England have played here...India would give them a good game......"

Lols, no one can't keep India out..

Oh this is just reverse psychology by the English supporters to have given up on the game already, I've been doing it all day also by calling Gul rubbish :))

That's a shame, is it a serious injury? Is he out for the next test? :junaid

Still wouldn't get too excited about a victory, the likes of Morgan and Prior can easily switch to one-day mode and wipe out this lead quite quickly. And we were fortunate to get Trott in the 1st innings!

Excellent shot by Morgan. High risk though, Pakistan won't mind. :misbah

These two need to put on a hundred or else there is no chance.

Tremlett out, Panesar in for the next game. Trott fifth bowler.

I genuinely don't think we're far off being as good as Pakistan in these conditions. Our bowlers are more than capable enough, but the batsmen have just had a very poor game.

Last edited:
Psychological warfare going on haha.

:adnan "Show your teesra, come on boys, let's show the teesra"

Prof has only bowled one over, could be an option to Morgan.

I genuinely don't think we're far off, the batsmen have just had a very poor game.

He bowled the exact channel Nasser said they should get Younis with.
English are very astute.

Mumbai: After the recent success of bollywood flick 'Will you Friendship with me?' , bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt has approached the captain of Pakistan, Musbah Ul Haq, to play the lead role in his next bollywood movie titled 'Will you Tuk Tuk with me?'

The film is about an insomniac patient Kiran, played by Katrina Kaif, who finds the cure for her disease in the batting of the Pakistani Captain. The drama unfolds when due to a lack of sponsor interest, Pakistan matches are no longer shown on TV, how Kiran embarks on a quest to seek out Misbah to learn his Tuk Tuking technique. The film will also cover the taboo of most teens who often have to choose between supporting their team or an individual player that they love.

Once the director has a nod of approval from Misbah, the shooting will begin in the summer of 2012, however taking into account Misbah's laid back nature the director refused to give a definite release date, but predicted it might be during the Christmas period of 2050

I genuinely don't think we're far off being as good as Pakistan in these conditions. Our bowlers are more than capable enough, but the batsmen have just had a very poor game.

Agreed, we've taken England by surprise here, I think they'll be better prepared for the rest of the series.

Trott and Morgan looking decent. They just need to look decent for a while longer......

Remember here fans were worried when pak were 200/4. 200/4 is a good position. 50/4 is the position where you should be bricking it.

Agreed, we've taken England by surprise here, I think they'll be better prepared for the rest of the series.

errr surpise? wasnt the 1st innings suprise enough?

i think they've been shocked so far

shock and awe

Really need to get trott out, I think we need to give YK an over so he can gain revenge :)

errr surpise? wasnt the 1st innings suprise enough?

i think they've been shocked so far

shock and awe

Not really that easy to make major adjustments in the space of a day. Plus the wickets of Trott in the 1st innings, and Cook and Strauss in this innings (and perhaps Pietersen), have been a bonus and not necessarily down to good bowling.

Poor shot selection and execution has done England. Not to mention Pakistan have been clinical in their performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back