Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 3 | DSC | 19/01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramiz really praising Pakistan.

Gets a lot of criticism from fans of being against Pakistan, well tune in now.

two saffers at the crease now, they tend to be a bit more resilient than the english

So is Cheema even comparable to Mr. Asif?

Can anyone more knowledgeable please compare their bowling?

Good ball! Bit of seam. Well played by Trott again, looking good.

The way kevin pietersen got out

IMO its the biggest crime a player can commit in a test match ..

There is no comparison lol.

Ah well, still eats at me how we lost two of the world's best fast bowlers in the blink of an eye.

I know were supposed to move on but it is just not easy to forget the sheer class that was at our disposal.

Ah well, still eats at me how we lost two of the world's best fast bowlers in the blink of an eye.

I know were supposed to move on but it is just not easy to forget the sheer class that was at our disposal.

It was a bad loss, but if we can do what we are currently doing to the no1 team then who needs them

I understand but let's forget those traitors and move on.

Well asif was the most complete seam/swing bowler pakistan produced lately. didnt rely on speed but more on guile by swinging and seaming the bowl both ways and worked batsmen out pretty quickly and accurately. by bowling within himself he good bowl long spells and maintained a mcgrath esque metronomic line and length that constricted the run rate and took wickets. but had a flawed character unfortunately,
Cheema is very one dimension, has decent pace but bowls wide of the crease and generally just angles the bowl into the right hander. bit more skiddy. Not sure if he has many variations up his sleeve or even reverse swing but seems more than adequate for the job in hand. Really is trying though, wish him well but i think there are better bowlers on the bench.

I understand but let's forget those traitors and move on.

I guess thats true, As Pakistanis we are used to losing some of our best talents.

So much potential has gone down the drain that the process of moving on is second nature now.

I hope our board looks towards the future and develops our brightest stars now.

:junaid :wahab :gul

England folding like the bad old days, Pakistan taking wickets like the good old days!

Trott looks unmovable anytime he moves to double figures and Prior was not out in the first innings......

Would be awesome if Pak can Beg, Borrow or Steal at least one of these in the next dozen runs

dream session for Pak!

its Trott or bust for England now...get Gul back for a 4 over burst.

Trott looks unmovable anytime he moves to double figures and Prior was not out in the first innings......

Would be awesome if Pak can Beg, Borrow or Steal at least one of these in the next dozen runs

our bowling is capable enaough to get them without any of that :dav

Botham has mellowed a lot in the last few years, gives credit where it is due. Good pundit.

Or just blow them away like we did in the first and now second innings?

Oh and how is that tour of Australia coming along?

Well asif was the most complete seam/swing bowler pakistan produced lately. didnt rely on speed but more on guile by swinging and seaming the bowl both ways and worked batsmen out pretty quickly and accurately. by bowling within himself he good bowl long spells and maintained a mcgrath esque metronomic line and length that constricted the run rate and took wickets. but had a flawed character unfortunately,
Cheema is very one dimension, has decent pace but bowls wide of the crease and generally just angles the bowl into the right hander. bit more skiddy. Not sure if he has many variations up his sleeve or even reverse swing but seems more than adequate for the job in hand. Really is trying though, wish him well but i think there are better bowlers on the bench.

Tea: It's been a while since England have been pushed to the corner in a Test. They are 71 behind and have already lost half their side. It's been a combination of spin and seam (of Umar Gul) that has done them in in this game. Still not over yet though. Their lower order is one of the strongest in the world.

One of my friend who is at DCS, said that England fans started leaving the stadium after England lost 4 wickets ;-)

"Pakistan have a great chance here to twist the knife, go for the jugular, put the foot on the throat and kick England while they're down, making a huge statement here of how well they've come back from all their problems."-Cricinfo.

Can it get any more violent?

One of my friend who is at DCS, said that England fans started leaving the stadium after England lost 4 wickets ;-)
Who was the 4th wicket? Seems like this person must have been England's Afridi/Tendulkar, soon as they're out it's time to start your cars :)

Pakistan need another good session here and we need to take atleast 3 wickets if not all 5 in this session.

Come on Pakistan!

Gul doing a good job here, making Trott play outside off. Just needs one to do a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back