Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 3 | DSC | 19/01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D :D :D

This has to be the match of the century........dead pitch, dead stadium and England falling over like nine pins.......

Still need to get Trott, Morgan and Prior out here. Pakistan need to just keep chipping away with wickets here!

Not the worst review in the world but let's make sure the next one is used more wisely.

Crap luck by Bell really, only guy who got two perfect balls to get out. The other got some good balls, some just throwing away but probably not a single perfect ball.

Knowing the media though, Bell will probably be blamed for the defeat :))

Pathetic review.

Someone was saying missing legstump before they reviewed it.

Our most comprehensive loss since Jamaica. There was however a very good response afterwards, and the best hope for England and this tour is that they can come back in some way. All credit to Pakistan for thoroughly outplaying England.

This is an even worse start then last time for England. Who says lightening doesn't strike twice?

Looks like weve wasted 2nd poor review of the match here :(

The keeper should be the one helping with reviews here and that never looked good from the start.

Our most comprehensive loss since Jamaica. There was however a very good response afterwards, and the best hope for England and this tour is that they can come back in some way. All credit to Pakistan for thoroughly outplaying England.

Not over yet. Trott best batsmen in test and prior waiting in the wings.

Lets just not become what english fans were before this series. Calm down fellas :)

Games not over, no need to slit your wrists. England still have batting to come yet! Cricket is a funny old game!

Misbah gets pressured a bit in reviews. He seems to have excellent judgement himself but he let himself be buillied by a desperate Gul in the first innings and Adnan really pushed him here, Ajmal was not interested in referring it.

I am amazed to see such lackluster attitude by some English fans here. They seem to have accepted defeat too early along with their team. The mark of a great team is to keep fighting. England are doing just the opposite here.

I wonder how things change in no time et al.

I wouldn't accept defeat just yet Whippy, especially after what Trott and Broad did at Lords last time.

Or is this your jinx attempt? :p

Until Prior, morgan, trott, broad, swann are out this game is still on!

Misbah gets pressured a bit in reviews. He seems to have excellent judgement himself but he let himself be buillied by a desperate Gul in the first innings and Adnan really pushed him here, Ajmal was not interested in referring it.

All Adnan said was that it hit the pad.

But yeah I agree with you. Misbah should be a bit firm.

Games not over, no need to slit your wrists. England still have batting to come yet! Cricket is a funny old game!

Anything can happen, but I can't see us scoring another 300. No wrist slitting going on here, you know I'll always be hanging around, good or bad.

Ajmal being the bowler should have got the preference with the captain, poor decision otherwise.

I am amazed to see such lackluster attitude by some English fans here. They seem to have accepted defeat too early along with their team. The mark of a great team is to keep fighting. England are doing just the opposite here.

I wonder how things change in no time et al.

we're getting mullered dude...and happy to give credit to you guys for doing it

doesn't make us lesser fans or a lesser team

difficult thing to decide though.

Even if he doesn't think it's out, if the bowler really wants it, difficult to say no to him. Because if he deosn't let him review it, bowler might continue the rest of the innings fustrated that that review wasn't taken and his performance may deterioate.

So might be better to just review it and give the bowler the presence of mind knowing it wasn't out.

I can't see England coming back. Most of all because most of the top 6 have have gone out for single figures - only Prior can say that he's somewhat managed to work out our bowlers.

And that's the biggest worry for England IMO - the top 6 have had barely anytime in the middle, and after 6 months out and being probably 1-0 down, it would take a huge effort and a some luck to get back in.

Lucky for England, they're playing us. Despite everything, we are still Pakistan :p

Cricinfo :facepalm:
90188350.png

Vaughan gets the India angle in: "The way England have played here...India would give them a good game......"

oh my god commment of the day lmao

No worries about Trott, Bell and Prior going forward.

The others..........

difficult thing to decide though.

Even if he doesn't think it's out, if the bowler really wants it, difficult to say no to him. Because if he deosn't let him review it, bowler might continue the rest of the innings fustrated that that review wasn't taken and his performance may deterioate.

So might be better to just review it and give the bowler the presence of mind knowing it wasn't out.

He should have taken exception to Gul no matter how much he wanted it. Most of us in the commentary thread called it to be a terrible review and Misbah knew as well. Ajmal clearly said this last one was sliding down leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back