Pakistan v England | 3rd Test | DSC | Feb 3-7, 2012 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good fightback by the two batsmen who have struggled in this series so far.

Great. Within half an hour we've gone from being in a position to possibly take a lead to now hoping for a lead of less than 100.

Just bowl defensive to K.P when using spin. He'll get pressurised.

KP averages 56 against off-spin and 96 against leg-spin.

That's amazing.

Great. Within half an hour we've gone from being in a position to possibly take a lead to now hoping for a lead of less than 100.

Which isn't really surprising considering your initial lead is less than the batting average of just Pieterson and Bell combined.

I'm going to be contrarian,and say this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise for England. KP to get his eye set against the seamers, and then be set against the spinners. England leading by stumps.

It looks like I may have called this one correctly. But I want KP to get out!

KP, why not play like this when the series was up for grabs?

Dead rubber basher....

Last edited:
England finally have learned how to play on these wickets but too late. Hope they thrash India :D

50 partnership in no time due to some poor pressure release bowling 4m gul

Misbah needs to explain himself why he left KP settle by feeding him Gul and Cheema kebabs

Should have given Rehman a go when Pietersen was fresh at the crease. Still doesn't look too comfortable against the spin though. In with a chance.

What a day
Pakistan bundled out for 99 winning the toss and batting
On the other hand, India on the verge of winning by 8 wkts

We are pooning at the moment, blink and you miss it fifty partnership.

Typical for it to come in a dead rubber. How did they not chase 140? Bah.

We are pooning at the moment, blink and you miss it fifty partnership.

Typical for it to come in a dead rubber. How did they not chase 140? Bah.
day 4 pitch and day 1 pitch and england have nothing to lose now.

61/2. One more wicket before the break even point will do.

Have the pakistan players put their guards down or have the England batsmen raised their game:13:

Whatever the case, this series has once again shown that no team today can be termed as consistently great. There have been brilliance, but in patches.

Have the pakistan players put their guards down or have the England batsmen raised their game:13:

Whatever the case, this series has once again shown that no team today can be termed as consistently great. There have been brilliance, but in patches.

Pakistan batted poorly , a little bit of swing and bam.

KP averages 56 against off-spin and 96 against leg-spin.

That's amazing.

But he averages 33.5 against all spinners in Asia, with a decent sized sample of 15 dismissals. Statistics depend a lot on the context, Whippy - he's not feasting on the likes of Xavier Doherty here or Michael Beer.
Interestingly though, he averages 74, 47 and 99 against Harbhajan, Kumble and Abdur Razzak (the Bangladeshi SLA) respectively in Asia - all decent bowlers!

His average is dragged down by getting out cheaply to Kaneria, Yuvraj singh and Ajmal

Overall a good player of spin.

Maybe, but his performance against spin in Asia is a statistical blemish, as much as any critique of a FTB on a green pitch. 33.5 against spin is mediocre.He hasn't proven he's a good player of spin in Asian conditions yet.

Personally though, I think it's just KP performing below his potential. I expect him to rectify those stats by the end of the year with all England playing in Asia. Hopefully not in this test though, although it's starting to look ominous for our boys.

Don't review it Pietersen :(
ah oh well, thought he might get away with it if he reviewed. A review gone is always a bonus with a wicket.

Well done Rehman again :)). Got him again.

dry up the run , make it really slow , if we can get 5 wickets before the score is wiped off that would be ideal to ask for now ... bring it on boys

That was nearly as not-out as the Trott one really.

Pakistan get the rub of the green just as much as other teams, their fans never admit it though.

KP was playing actually pretty well. Doesn't usually start off great these days.

The great Ian Bell in. True pressure player, Pakistan in trouble.

32 runs conceded for nothing thanks to Misbah falling asleep!

What did i say, Misbah should have brought Rehman as soon as tea ended.

That was nearly as not-out as the Trott one really.

Pakistan get the rub of the green just as much as other teams, their fans never admit it though.
Do we Pak fans complain about luck a lot? Dunno whether that's true, maybe. I don't think I do (I hope anyway).

I think pak fans in general moan about bad luck when we drop catches. But that isn't really bad luck, that's just crappy fielding :)).

Overall a good player of spin.

Nice jinx whippy. KP's poor record against spin in Asia continues. The facts don't back up your claim about him being a good player of spin, at least not in their conditions. Sad, because I'm a fan, and I think he's capable of better. England still on top in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another backs against the wall century from Bell coming up.

Clipping 2.2 millimeteres of the leg-stump. Very harsh.

batsmen never seem to get benefit of doubt these days anything that hits the pad is given out makes the game more interesting though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back