Pakistan v England | 3rd Test | DSC | Feb 3-7, 2012 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Ajmal is protecting Shafiq from the strike has now played almost the same number of ball as Shafiq

Just need one stand here Pakistan to edge them toward a hundred, they'll be confident of getting England for below 200 so a three-figure score keeps them in the game...

We've turned the cricinfo guys into wrist slitters. :)))

why is Shafiq given strike again and again back to Ajmal!

lol at the hype for a 25 partnership.

get Swann on.

Shafiq needs to use his brain. He's going to run out of partners soon. His over defending is no good.

(His current strike rate is okay but just the way he's going is a bit worrying.

Ajmal taking a single of the fourth ball to keep the strike. :ajmal you beauty.

Well done Shafiq! Might as well score some runs before you run out of partners.

This collapse was destined to happen. Why would pak opt to bat first? they know very well that their batting is a problem. Pak's strength is its bowling....spin bowling to be more precise. Pak should hav bowled 1st and tried to put pressure on eng batsmen. Now the batting collapse will probably also affect our bowling and it will boost englanfs morale!!!

One does wonder if some of our users have seen test match crikit b4.

you do understand that England are playing Pakistan. This is a side which can defend 50. The England players thought that they were playing India/ Australia when they came on this tour, expecting to score 700-1, but mate remember this is PAKISTAN AKA the best bowling attack in the world

but i still believe if pak can get to around 150....i bet life wont b easy for england...becz of the pak spin greats and the pressure of losing 3-0

ah we passed 72. Might be enough now :)))

but seriously when did Broad become consistent? Every time he steps out he bowls well, uses the ball well at pace, good accuracy. Before it just used to be the odd ashes test and one or two against South Africa.

That may be going down leg but Ten sports didn't show hackeye view

It wasn't missing. It hit a good part, tbh but would still have been umpires call. Botham's commentary would have you believe it was hitting middle of middle.

That may be going down leg but Ten sports didn't show hackeye view

LSA, a ball which goes away from the right hander. Doubt it was going down leg mate.

Shafiq playing shots.. encouraging.

After seeing asad continually fail under pressure time and time again in tests, this UAE series has been great for him, produces a good few knocks under pressure, integral to us winning games. Hope he keeps this up.

As far as I'm concerned he's way ahead of umar at the moment, and shouldn't feel any pressure for his spot by him.

ah we passed 72. Might be enough now :)))

but seriously when did Broad become consistent? Every time he steps out he bowls well, uses the ball well at pace, good accuracy. Before it just used to be the odd ashes test and one or two against South Africa.

It was obvious enough during the India series that he had found the right way to bowl going forward. This is not a surprise to me, and pleasant to see as a long-time fan.

one person 40 the rest of 7 batsman put together 40 kia baat hai now i kno how england felt

Wahab Riaz in for Cheema; Umar Akmal in for Taufeeq; and this Pakistan team is complete.

Not that Cheema is bad or anything. Taufeeq, though, is bad.

:shafiq is in superb form and some people wanted him to be drop with umer akmal

Hi Everyone!! So what's the score update? I've been travelling today so no clue.

Wahab Riaz in for Cheema; Umar Akmal in for Taufeeq; and this Pakistan team is complete.

Not that Cheema is bad or anything. Taufeeq, though, is bad.

Cheema is not good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back