Pakistan v South Africa l 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 10/15/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good session. Hopefully we can be level with S.A score at close of play with still just 1 wicket down.

Since that great win tanzeel what has azhar ali done. he has a pathetic average in last ten test innings or so and that SR was always tailend stuff !

azhar ali i don't think so

would love to have seen shahzad, jamshed or umar akmal or maqsood to come in at 3 and take the game to the saffers when their bowlers are on a such a downer during this stage of the match.

Eh no this is a test match a patient 100 here will take us a lot closer to a win than a quick fire 30 odd. This is day 2 we have if we want 2 days to bat and get a lead of 250-300.

It's so nice to see Pakistan bat With RR over 3 and keeping wickets in tact as well.

But have feeling Azhar will bring that RR well Down 3. Hopefully he can bat positively here.

we have plenty of time on our side, If Azhar Ali can deliver a marathon inning like he did against England I really don't care what his SR is. Key is to not lose wkt in last session

Azhar fans, when did he for the last time score a 100.
check his stats in last 6 tests or so.

you talk as if he averages over 50 !

Insha Allah Khurram will score big today. As far as Azhar is concerned i just hope he does not kill the RR, a SR of 40+ would be good enough.

AA needs to rotate the strike in a good manner in the last session and KM just needs to keep playing as he is. 90 runs from 30 odd overs in last session should be the target here.

iDone and Zulfiqar Babar will be relishing the prospect of bowling here on day 3/4.

That moment when after a long time for the first time i feel we got a long batting line! Because we are at 162/1 ;)

Crucial spell of Steyn coming up. He's rested and can bowl fast to extract reverse swing.

He's reversing it. Come on Azhar, you can tuk tuk him out the attack.

guys this is test cricket - rr is irrelevant at this stage - there is plenty of time in this game for a result

Since that great win tanzeel what has azhar ali done. he has a pathetic average in last ten test innings or so and that SR was always tailend stuff !

Since then he's been OK but by no means bad, and this was when he went through his worst phase. Averages 35.1 from 9 tests with 2 centuries and 2 fifties, passing fifty every fourth innings. Don't see how his SR is relevant here, this isn't boom boom 20 double wicket KFC cup, it's test cricket where the number of runs is infinitely more important than strike rate.

New experience for Misbah I wonder how his coping waiting this long to bat. All his eids have come at once :)

guys this is test cricket - rr is irrelevant at this stage - there is plenty of time in this game for a result

A RR of 3 tells that the batsmen rotate the strike, which means pressure on the opposition captain about his bowling options/fielding positions, apart from taking the pressure off from the other end.

It's Test cricket indeed but it doesn't mean that a SR over 40 is haram.

Need to keep Steyn wicketless. If he gets one, he'll get a couple more.

What an ugly swipe that was. Calm down Manzoor, did you not read my post?

Don't think so. Three friends(two in the Midwest, other in New England) have asked for online streams in the last three hours.

yea im watching online too.. was wondering though if i could get it on TV.. too bad

A RR of 3 tells that the batsmen rotate the strike, which means pressure on the opposition captain about his bowling options/fielding positions, apart from taking the pressure off from the other end.

It's Test cricket indeed but it doesn't mean that a SR over 40 is haram.

SR has nothing to do with it

if Azhar gets a century even at a SR of 30 - we've won this game

every ball we keep those saffers in the heat will have a pyscological affect on the rest of this series

I've nothing against higher RR's but people have to stop bashing geniune test batsmen like Azhar. His method works for him and has proven to work for the team

Damn you Philtrundler. May you go wicketless for a thousand years(except against India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka - destroy those clowns).

Another low score for Azhar, not good from the young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back