Pakistan v South Africa l 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 10/15/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta feeling both Duminy and Robi will take all the 10 wickets together in this innings while the SA pacers will remain wicketless. #kidding

And the openers bring up the first 50-run partnership for Pakistan in 473 days.

Excellent rotation of strike. Shan was under the pump there and now he's relieved that pressure by getting back to the other end.

They're looking to take quick singles instead of blocking or bashing, impressive.

Morkel has being threating... Looks like Giant's wicket!!

Let us not get into a quarrel. You must have some sense of humour,no? And what I said is not wrong. And how did you reach the conclusion that I said Steyn isn't same and Ajmal is different from Steyn?

Sense of humour? My point was fast bowlers' peaks are relatively shorter than spinners. On these flat tracks it is unlikely that Steyn can rip apart the Pakistani batting line up like he did with the Indian batting line up back in 2010. Ajmal, on the other hand, is a spinner and still bowling well at 36.

How much will pakistan score?

Well they should try to occupy the crease as much as they can so that they can score big and thn they don't need to bat again (they should think big instead of thinking about batting in 4th innings) and the more time we spend on this pitch the more trouble SA will face from our spinners while batting in 3rd innings.

Well they should try to occupy the crease as much as they can so that they can score big and thn they don't need to bat again (they should think big instead of thinking about batting in 4th innings) and the more time we spend on this pitch the more trouble SA will face from our spinners while batting in 3rd innings.

Beat SA with a innings.... not a bad idea... we have a good start, we should capitalize on it and give them us a good lead to beat them.

Last edited:
Morne proving to be a better bowler on this pitch thn other 2.

Our openers have had there share of luck but good to see a 50 stand here, one of these two batsmen has to score a 100 and we need to bat big in 1st inns and get 400+ if possible.

I think if openers get out one after one, others will follow them.

Morkel is bowling very short... they should look at Irfan and junaid who kept it at good to full and occasional short.

Sense of humour? My point was fast bowlers' peaks are relatively shorter than spinners. On these flat tracks it is unlikely that Steyn can rip apart the Pakistani batting line up like he did with the Indian batting line up back in 2010. Ajmal, on the other hand, is a spinner and still bowling well at 36.

Your first quote wasn't even relevant to my post. I didn't even talk about comparing a spinner to a pacer.

sorry but not impressed with this stand....could have been out at any time either of these....has been streaky and full of luck....full of mindless swishes and drives...and yet we are playing in conditions that suit these FTBs....

sorry but not impressed with this stand....could have been out at any time either of these....has been streaky and full of luck....full of mindless swishes and drives...and yet we are playing in conditions that suit these FTBs....

lasted longer then there openers and number 4. :p

Well played for 2.

Every team play in their own conditions why can't these guys?

Every team play in their own conditions why can't these guys?

my point is these guys are streaky even in these conditions that suit them....unimpressive...could have been out at any time

Hafeez must be thinking "Oay yaar, ab isko gandi bowling karnee thi?"

very good ball... past the outside edge... morne has more knowledge on bowling in flat tracks then styn or philander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back