Pakistan v South Africa l 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 10/15/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job there, taking their mediocre spinners on to establish dominance early on... Peterson is no iDone, Rehman, Zulfiqar Babar or even Hafeez.

:4 :4 :4

I like Manzoors postivity hes a different player to the one that played in his last stint in the team.

Excellent running and batting, by kicking out hafeez, this is refreshing. Pakistan should bat till day threee and declare after scoring 550

He is doing the right thing. SA want him to defend and he is playing shots. But don't get carried away.

This manzoor guys is crazy, going after bowlers last 2 overs before lunch :murali

Manzoor wants to send the message that your spinners are not effective against us. I think the message was well sent and they will be demoralized about it as both spinners were very well attacked by manzoor and he hit them well.

Manzoor isnt letting either spinner settle here which is great to see.

thats the way to treat this mediocre bowler.....take him to the cleaners....azhar ali hope u are watching u coward gutless pansy - blocked us to defeat against this same guy in the cape town test

Excellent session for Pakistan! 77/0

Need more of the same for the rest of the day!

Pakistan doing right thing , need to take advantage of the weak spin attack, if spin is attacked , SA will be under pressure.

Manzoor by far has played the best international innings of his life.
Usually it is full of chances but not today

Imagine Pakistan ending on 250+ without a wicket today. What a great thing it would be. But I think I should stop imagining and come out of my world. Difficult,yes;impossible,no!

This is why Hafeez needed to be kicked out. The negative approach began right at the top with him.

If you have a walking wicket as opener with 0 technique, it puts pressure on the batsmen to come. Younus can't bail us out everytime. We needed a change.

Great start by the youngsters.

Really annoying commentary, buddy same pitch, pak bowlers with less stellar record bowled your team out, don't blame the pitch when you can't bowl right. Same with batsman, shan Masood was playing down and with soft hands edges running on ground with bat slightly open, intentionally, he is not being lucky

Not saying Pak is greatest team and we might still lose it, just saying some unbiased commentary and some appreciation

This is why Hafeez needed to be kicked out. The negative approach began right at the top with him.

If you have a walking wicket as opener with 0 technique, it puts pressure on the batsmen to come. Younus can't bail us out everytime. We needed a change.

Great start by the youngsters.

Well said, with hafeez in the team Pakistan was already one down. Finally Pakistan has some quality openers. Hope hafeez stays away from the team for good.

Really annoying commentary, buddy same pitch, pak bowlers with less stellar record bowled your team out, don't blame the pitch when you can't bowl right. Same with batsman, shan Masood was playing down and with soft hands edges running on ground with bat slightly open, intentionally, he is not being lucky

Not saying Pak is greatest team and we might still lose it, just saying some unbiased commentary and some appreciation

South African commentators are really annoying, gets on my nerves, whiners man, ignore them. Their ATG is getting spanked and whine is all they can do :kallis

Last edited:
Well played by both the openers. Scored quickly without any loose shots and good rotation of the strike. I was getting worried when Morkel applied the brakes but these two kept their composure. Well done first session of the day dominated by Pakistan.

Since the ball has now lost a bit of it's shine,steyn won't be really effective,though i thought he was a tad unlucky not to get a wicket or two in his opening spell.
For the next 60 overs it's party time for pak!

Lol host on PTV is looking like he is about to attack Basit Ali.

Great session for Pakistan specially given that our openers have finally given us a half decent start. Hopefully they can build on this very positive start and even more impotant I hope we never see Hafeez in Pakistan whites again.

done the hard bit, now need to show some guts and play the long innings.

so far so good!

How will the players celebrate Eid, they can buy camels and give Qurabni. I love camel meat, I feel sorry for the players, early morning after prayer they should sacrifice and come to play, Amla should join the players :amla :misbah :ajmal

Well that was a pretty good session!hope atleast one of the openers notch up a century so that we can prepare for hafeez's farewell party!

I dont how to react after I heard Basit Ali saying without Hafeez, Pak team in test matches is incomplete :facepalm:

Lol host on PTV is looking like he is about to attack Basit Ali.

Dr Nauman is the host and he always look like this when Basit is talking about Hafeez or any player from SNGPL ;)

Guys are you all ready for Eid? What you you guys sacrificing? Cows, camels etc. I love camel meat :) :moyo

Khurram is a very good player of spin bowling. We'll see more dominance by him to the spinners IN SHA ALLAH.

He proved his critics wrong once again who wanted him out of the team despite 2 fifties in his last match. Having fun guys??

Geo super often terms it as the ''mohsin'' of sports in pakistan in different shows. Pathetic losers.

Khurram is a very good player of spin bowling. We'll see more dominance by him to the spinners IN SHA ALLAH.

He proved his critics wrong once again who wanted him out of the team despite 2 fifties in his last match. Having fun guys??

Looked very good even again quick bowlers today , hope he gets a big one. His intent is positive , pakistan needs players like these who can take attack to the opposition.

Surely there's no way back for Hafeez now. These two are a breath of fresh air, like Dhawan and Vijay were for India replacing Sehwag and Gambhir (not saying that Masood and Manzoor are as good as Dhawan and Vijay).

Surely there's no way back for Hafeez now. These two are a breath of fresh air, like Dhawan and Vijay were for India replacing Sehwag and Gambhir (not saying that Masood and Manzoor are as good as Dhawan and Vijay).

No he will be back in next overseas series.Selectors excuse will be that he has experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back