Pakistan V West Indies | CT 2009 | Centurion | 23/09/2009 | West Ind Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have an issue with Afridi bowling himself - he bought himself on at about the same time Younis would have.

What I do have a issue with is that, as usual, once in a god position, our players proceed to take their foot off the gas. Some urgency, and we could have knocked them over by now

Rana and Afridi going for runs here

Runs seem to be coming a bit easily now

Ajmal hasnt bowled yet has he?

Eagle Eye said:
I dont have an issue with Afridi bowling himself - he bought himself on at about the same time Younis would have.

What I do have a issue with is that, as usual, once in a god position, our players proceed to take their foot off the gas. Some urgency, and we could have knocked them over by now

I think Younis would have seen the pitch seaming and bought himself on :yk

Pakistan batsmen have always struggled to score above 100 runs in green pitch. That is why it is important to get West Indies team out in less than 100. I understand some of them rather not to be reminded of Ireland defeat.

Must say that in the impressive tradition of Rao and Asif, Ajmal is also the possessor of an extremely heart melting smile.

Afridi has bowled pretty decently bar that first over, without much luck.

'West Indies are 87-8 and they are trying to play every shot on every ball.' :wasim

There will probably be a thread at the end of this match about Afridi's captaoncy. I would say in advance that his captaincy has been poor. Bowling himself was bad enough, but continuing when he never looked like getting a wicket was just silly.

I don't know whether or not this is planned for Pakistan to chase a decent total, but this is extremely poor

shane said:
There will probably be a thread at the end of this match about Afridi's captaoncy. I would say in advance that his captaincy has been poor. Bowling himself was bad enough, but continuing when he never looked like getting a wicket was just silly.

Um no.

mindless slogging said:
I don't know whether or not this is planned for Pakistan to chase a decent total, but this is extremely poor

Yes they planned this.

:afridi

shane said:
mate - they are 88 for 8.

snow_leopard_pk said:
mate - they are 88 for 8.

103-8 when they should have been all out for 50 - on a pitch where Pakistan may still lose the match.

I believe the pitch has flattened out very much.

Pakistan cant chase 150 on this track, who is going to scoe Nazir, Malik, Misbah, Afridi they will fall like nine pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back