Pakistan Vs England 1st Test Day 2 thread [13/11/05]

Whose decision was it not to include Shahid Afridi? is he injured? and besides Rana is way better than Sami or even Shabby

kamran akmal seemz a bit quite behind the wickets.. i remember against india
and west indies he was loud had somthing to say after every ball to the bowler...

if we can colapse from such a good position then im sure england can, keep you fingers crossed or two of them stook up in billys face.

We are playing two Batta Bowlers (Shabby and Shoby) who have changed their action and have become lesss effective.
Whats the logic???

malik is bowling alright, the batters are not looking comfortable against him

choor said:
that pepsi can with the people inside (feet clearly visible) is damn funny. Reminds me of the Flintstones. :-D
:))) :))) The thing is the players dont get their drinks from there either

Maybe Rameez should start wearing his trademark pink shirt and tie or start shouting Tresco for president every ball or start calling for Beefy's mother in law :p

anyway guys.. I am going to sleep in a few minutes.. is the crowd still there in Multan? and why is it that some local Pakis are supporting England? Do they need the British Visa that baad?

DM said:
Agreed that Rana should play (i was always selecting him in my final XI) but I believe that the team does look right with Afridi at 6 or 7 - imo he definitely has the batting capability to hold a number six spot - so far in his test career of 19 tests and 3 centuries (flintoff has 5 centuries off 53 tests) he's looking good, not to mention his absolutely crucial contributions with the ball 11 overs 3 for 17 is amazing considering that the wickets were Tendulkar, Laxman and Ganguly

With our top order's tendency to collapse at every available opportunity I'd rather see Kamal batting at 6 right now. Afridi's batting is improving with each game but I think right now he's not quite ready to hold down a number 6 spot until our top order becomes more stable.

If we could get him into the team batting at 7 then he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet because his bowling is vital and he's one of the best fielders we have. It would have been very interesting to see him opening on this pitch as we'd have seen some real fireworks but I don't see him as a long term fix for the opening position

Bilal_Kureshi said:
Whose decision was it not to include Shahid Afridi? is he injured? and besides Rana is way better than Sami or even Shabby

I think Noddy had something to do with it....

zushy_786 said:
Maybe Rameez should start wearing his trademark pink shirt and tie or start shouting Tresco for president every ball or start calling for Beefy's mother in law :p

:)))

I think Pakistan should start preparing for the second test now.. this match is as good as over.. maybe prepare spinning tracks and get Afridi, Rana and Razzy back instead of Raza, Shabby and Sami

Well bowled Sami - right through Bell

Big Mac said:
With our top order's tendency to collapse at every available opportunity I'd rather see Kamal batting at 6 right now. Afridi's batting is improving with each game but I think right now he's not quite ready to hold down a number 6 spot until our top order becomes more stable.

If we could get him into the team batting at 7 then he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet because his bowling is vital and he's one of the best fielders we have. It would have been very interesting to see him opening on this pitch as we'd have seen some real fireworks but I don't see him as a long term fix for the opening position

dont worry asim will be recalled, will do well and then be dropped agen! :12:

Big Mac said:
It would have been very interesting to see him opening on this pitch as we'd have seen some real fireworks but I don't see him as a long term fix for the opening position
Agreed, i prefer to see him hold a place down the order a la Flintoff or Pietersen, because like them he's not an opener.

Malik induces a top-edge!

well played Bell.

Now can you **** off please?

is it me or is it that the pakistani supporters are saying "pakistan hare gaa"

Amjid Javed said:
dont worry asim will be recalled, will do well and then be dropped agen! :12:

Indeed, don't you love Pakistan cricket :(

Well you can blame The Patrons XI for Tres doing well. They let him get into form and he is cruising now.

I just got home, can anyone pls sum up how our bowlers have bowled today? I would like to know especially about sami and akhtar. Thanks

38.2 Sami to Bell, 2 runs, on the leg stump line, turns it to deep mid wicket, fabulous running again

That's been the biggest difference between the two innings. Well that and Sami's wayward opening spell.

Manjrekar on loop

Its time sami start delivering thats the 100th time he said that today

and how true

I think Sami is bowling really well now..his line is very consistent..on the off, and its been moving away..even got Bell to take a huge swipe at ti and missed completely.

tahaqureshi said:
I just got home, can anyone pls sum up how our bowlers have bowled today? I would like to know especially about sami and akhtar. Thanks

akthar bowled well in 1st spell and bowled econimcally. his 2nd spell was wayward and poor.

sami bowled 1 good ball in 1st spell otherwise he provided bell/tresco with buffet service either side of wicket. samis 2nd spell has been just abit better!

Elan Tedronai said:
big deal.wayward as always
Sami's got the only wicket, regardless i wasn't talking about accuracy in that specific post

tahaqureshi said:

Sami's performance cant be described wid out a few swear words thou he got the wicket
Akhtar was fast widout any luck

Amjid Javed said:
akthar bowled well in 1st spell and bowled econimcally. his 2nd spell was wayward and poor.

sami bowled 1 good ball in 1st spell otherwise he provided bell/tresco with buffet service either side of wicket. samis 2nd spell has been just abit better!

Thanks a million Amjid bhai! :19:

tahaqureshi said:
I think Sami is bowling really well now..his line is very consistent..on the off, and its been moving away..even got Bell to take a huge swipe at ti and missed completely.
quoted for Elan :)

bell accepts sami's buffet service with pleasure.

sami plz bowl six tight line balls.Is that too much to ask?

badxhah said:
Sami's performance cant be described wid out a few swear words thou he got the wicket
Akhtar was fast widout any luck

:)) true say

DM said:
Sami's got the only wicket, regardless i wasn't talking about accuracy in that specific post

one wicket?

and we need accuracy,brains,inspiration n pressure.Not speed right now

Anyone else think that Shabbir Ahmed was trying his hardest to look like an Indian medium pacer when he bowled
The only way he was getting a wicket was if the batsmen got out hit wicket falling asleep

tahaqureshi said:

:13:

Reverse Swing time ( 40 0vers old ball ) - Surely Shoaib should be able to justify his call up now ?

A brilliant yorker, well dug out by Tres. Well bowled Sami.

Elan Tedronai said:
one wicket?

and we need accuracy,brains,inspiration n pressure.Not speed right now
I didn't say we don't need accuracy, inspiration or pressure, my post was specifically inquiring about Sami's pace, there's no need to be so negative bro :)

Sami is bowling some very good balls.... it's the ones inbetween that are the problem.

Last edited:
DM said:
I didn't say we don't need accuracy, inspiration or pressure, my post was specifically inquiring about Sami's pace, there's no need to be so negative bro :)
dm,

i know what you mean.But i can't help thinking we need something else to break this partnership

Sami recieves warning for going on the danger area.

Pak looking flat, with their bowlers showing no consistency in line. 40% of Englands runs have been scored on the leg side - tells a story in itself

Good over from Sami, just the one run taken from it.

Agreed Elan, it feels demoralising when even our premier bowlers Akhtar, Sami and Kanera seem toothless.

I'm banking on a spell sometime where we trigger our collapse. Certainly we can't afford to let Pietersen or Flintoff settle in - what an ominous prospect!

hey guys!

Unfortunately it hasnt been a great day so far but you cnat moan you have to deal with the card you are dealt it goes without saying we need wickets I reckon if we can get them now for around 350 although it is quite a lead id settle for it providing we bat better next time round

Fall of wicket for Pak......2/161 (Salman Butt, 54.6 ov.)

Will the same happen here ?

NTL may have done me a favour for mistakingly disconnecting my tv service. Now I feel bad, I should have been nicer to their customer services advisor I spoke to yesterday.

Based on what everyone is saying, not much has changed about Sami.....fast, odd good delivery. On the positive side, he's not bowling his 1 no-ball/over.

MenInGreen said:
Fall of wicket for Pak......2/161 (Salman Butt, 54.6 ov.)

Will the same happen here ?

not really !!! Tresco smashes a 4 .....165 now !

I know its too early but .....England score predictions? 400/500?

we need MIG to start showering some praise on Eng's batsmen

Don't think they'll quite gt 500 but 400 is looking like a realistic target now

Back