Pakistan vs South Africa | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobaran said:
We need one more century from one of our batsmen, and we'll be practically there.

YK played well but really needed him there at lunch and ideally tea. A real tall order now. Expect the game to be over before tea.

Immense pressure on Malik - not many captains in their first test have been in this situation!

If South Africa can just get another wicket before lunch , we should win this..

Bobaran said:
We need one more century from one of our batsmen, and we'll be practically there.

exactly .. lets get younis a disguise and have him come back in as gul !

:p

im wondering if i should go to sleep... doesn't look like we are going to win it from here...

I don't understand why we always go into a shell during these pressure situations

Hash said:
I don't understand why we always go into a shell during these pressure situations

says mr. i can't go poop or else we'll lose another wicket :))

ARY just lost the signal and disappeared of to acommercial breaks about 10 mins ago! Pak vbroadcasters treat paying customers like dirt! How about 'we apologise for the loss of signal' ec?

actually it was the urinal I used.

Why in the world are we not trying it???

Sorry ... just got back home and logged on. This may have been asked and answered, but ... it's so frustrating.

There are 57 overs to go. It is much harder to defend your way to safety. It's a lot easier to play one's natural game, and keep the scoreboard ticking.

In 66.2 overs, PAK is 207/5 ... 56 overs to go, 217 to win, at just under 4 runs per over. This partnership has added 13 runs in 11 overs.

WAIT ... STOP PRESS ... THREE boundaries to Malik and Misbah, off Graeme Smith. Does it mean the tide is turning???

make that 13.....just in case we had doubt about whether or not Smith should bowl...... We got more runs in that over than the previous 10 overs combined.

do u any place for online streaming of this match? All sites are broadcasting Ind-Aus ODI?

kablooee87 said:
wow the rr in the last 10 overs is like 0.9

1.94 now :D

13 off that over

If these two can bat until tea, we are still in it.

Is this thread running slow?

222-5...a flurry of boundaries :)

66.6 Smith to Misbah-ul-Haq, FOUR, Father Christmas has arrived, full ball now is dispatched to deep wide midwicket
66.5 Smith to Misbah-ul-Haq, no run, short again, but a quicker ball, pushed to the on side
66.4 Smith to Misbah-ul-Haq, FOUR, oh dear Smith giving gifts to everyone this morning, that is a looooong hop on the leg, pulled away square, poor short leg
66.3 Smith to Shoaib Malik, 1 run, short, leg stump, back, punched down the ground to a deep mid-on
66.2 Smith to Shoaib Malik, FOUR, Happy Birthday Shoaib Malik, have a little long hop outside the off, crashes the cut away square on the off
66.1 Smith to Shoaib Malik, no run, Smith comes on for Harris, starts well on the off, turns back into the defensive bat

lol @ crapinfo

Just been announced that Inzi has been included in the squad for 2nd test at Lahore

kablooee87 said:
Ian Bishop just confirmed that Inzi will play in the 2nd test!!
Doesnt say that he WILL play - just that he has been selected for the squad - this is Pak cricket you know

223 for 5 now

201 runs to win.

Hamsham Amramla (accordsing to Zaheer Abass) comes onto bowl...

Luton Bad Boy said:
We need these two to stay at least till tea-time, half the job done!

I think we will win if these two stay until tea

120 off the last session....

201 required now off 55 overs. They have played slower then I expected they are capable off.

I guess if we can last we would probably need 100 of last 20 overs.

Oxy said:
Hamsham Amramla (accordsing to Zaheer Abass) comes onto bowl...

A fellow MUSLIM, I hasten to add...

but right now, its the india match, i think the guy forgot to change back. AHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Inzi should be made to play as an opener in his final test match.

Misbah and Malik need to bat out most of the day here!

Lunch

230-5 off 69 overs

194 runs to win in 54 overs

So Inzi's getting his farewell test, fair enough...Pak cricket reaches a new level of mental retardation

Smith gamble to buy a wicket with part timers just before lunch has backfired. Him and Amla gave up 20 runs in 2 overs.

Happy to see some resolve to win in the last few overs. They are still thinking about the win but first making sure they can be sure of a draw.

RRR is now 3.6 very doable

Oxy said:
Well Zaheer has struggled with all names this series...

Zaheer is not suitable for commentary during Ramadan - has he heard of the word Aitakaff?

MIG said:
Doesnt say that he WILL play - just that he has been selected for the squad - this is Pak cricket you know

Yup, that's what I just heard on GEO news. He's included in the squad ... the final eleven will be selected "after we examine the playing condition at Qaddafi Stadium, Lahore." Meaning, there's room for face-saving!

If Inzi does go on to play, I hope he reaches 9,000 ... wouldn't that be a grand finale???

I remember, when Greg Chappell announced his retirement, before the final test (Sydney) began against Pakistan in 1983-84, his career tally stood at 6,928. The highest career runs for Australia at the time were scored by Bradman (6,996). So, Greg Chappell needed 69 to overtake the Don, 72 to reach 7,000. And he went on to score 182, setting the ground for an overwhelming defeat of Pakistan. :-(

SUPERSAMI said:
So Inzi's getting his farewell test, fair enough...Pak cricket reaches a new level of mental retardation
Miandad got a farewell WORLD CUP !

If Inzi can score more than Butt, Hafeez and/or Iqbal - and help us win the next game - why not?

MIG said:
Zaheer is not suitable for commentary during Ramadan - has he heard of the word Aitakaff?
he is not suited for commentary period. :)))

54 overs to bat out...........?
so that would mean that the batsmen.....malik, miba and akmal need to split
these 54overs amonst themselves which would mean atleast 16 to 17 overs each one needs to bat out in some way or another to force a draw..........

Plasma said:
he is not suited for commentary period. :)))

What I meant is that listening to him makes you say things that would hurt your fast.

MIG said:
Miandad got a farewell WORLD CUP !

If Inzi can score more than Butt, Hafeez and/or Iqbal - and help us win the next game - why not?

Because he's under a life ban for singing up with ICL

has everyone lost the plot...? one wicket and were into the tail... there are 53 overs left in the game - 53 . We are far from being safe under any circumstances

2 sessions to bat out for pakistan here to draw the game.

SUPERSAMI said:

We all know that this is a political thing.

I am happy to see that we are still in it. One or 2 bad balls can end it for us but it is wonderful that we are putting up a fight and trying to take it home.

SUPERSAMI said:
why so much hatred? all we are giving the guy is an opportunity to make 19 runs. Not taking your house away from you to give to him.

no reason for you to get your balls in knot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back