Pakistan vs South Africa | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All results are possible with 54 overs to go.

I'll take that for now. YK wicket is hurting us big time.

But Misbah is set - Malik is Malik and has the extra burden to shoulder.

Next 2 hours will settle this game for me.

Have to go to work after Juma !! but will follow this on PP - guys keep on posting score updates pls

MIG said:
We all know that this is a political thing.

Of course, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. Farhat and Razzy will be knocking on PCb's door pretty soon, don't know how they'll justify banning those two.

SUPERSAMI said:
Of course, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. Farhat and Razzy will be knocking on PCb's door pretty soon, don't know how they'll justify banning those two.
Not sure you could mention Farhat in the same breath as Inzi....

Quite sad how 'fans' have overlooked a fantastic career and concentrated on a handful of games where things havent gone well for the Pak team as a whole

Oxy said:

Quite sad how 'fans' have overlooked a fantastic career and concentrated on a handful of games where things havent gone well for the Pak team as a whole
you know what else is sad? That pak fans always moan about PCB disgracing its legend and now that they are doing the opposite they're still moaning.

kablooee87 said:
you know what else is sad? That pak fans always moan about PCB disgracing its legend and now that they are doing the opposite they're still moaning.
We are actually the worst 'fans' in international cricket. Just want all the glory - no sense of loyalty or endearment; no support when chips are down; no respect for legends past or present; wish ill on them when they are in the team - then wish them back when the alternatives prove to be no better!

And so on...

Oxy said:

Since they were both banned for joining the ICl I think its fair to mention them in that particular breath

Inzi and Yousaf have been the mainstay for our team for a long long long time, despite Inzi's recent failures and attitude, PCB are doing something that is un-PCB like in giving a player a chance to say goodbye in the best manner possible, question is who will he replace???

Luton Bad Boy said:
Inzi and Yousaf have been the mainstay for our team for a long long long time, despite Inzi's recent failures and attitude, PCB are doing something that is un-PCB like in giving a player a chance to say goodbye in the best manner possible, question is who will he replace???

Faisal Iqbal?

Oxy said:

It is a case of putting a square into triangle.....or in this case putting kheer into a samosa....if you know what I mean with my early morning analogy!

realistically, drop the openers, make Malik and Akmal open

Ideally, drop the openers, make Asif and Kaneria open, and take some shine off the ball

ARY is back on but as soon as Bishop started talking they went to ARY commercial. they had an hour to do so

TaZ said:
has everyone lost the plot...? one wicket and were into the tail... there are 53 overs left in the game - 53 . We are far from being safe under any circumstances

who said we are safe?

Has even one person said we are safe? :20:

Last edited:
The most crucial session of the test coming up.....the next session will decide the game.

And i'll only get to see half an hour of it!

Is there radio commentary anywhere in Pakistan? I'll listen while driving to Lahore.

12thMan said:
ARY is back on but as soon as Bishop started talking they went to ARY commercial. they had an hour to do so
He just had enough time to say 'Welcome back' - ARY thought 'we can squeeze another 3-4 ads in here'.

Quite shambolic - its symptomatic of Pak broadcasting values in general - there arent any!!!

Hash said:
who said we are safe?

Has even one person said we are safe? :20:

safety first Hash. The win can be thought of later. Merely pointing out, 1 wicket and were into the tail and they have 55 overs to get through

OUT!

Misbah is LBW.

Oh dear guys.

I dont feel good

inzidabest said:
Misbah out and Pakistan gonna maiss the target by 100 runs atleast
I bet you're celebrating..

Usman Sahib said:
Misbah gone LBW to Nel. Thats what you get for being ultra-negative
It was a very good ball, came back a long way.

I said yesterday that the only thing that will hurt us is if our batsmen completely shut up shop and play for a draw. Playing for a draw will not get you anywhere. The way Younis and Faisal counter-attacked yesterday was the right way to go

Kamran has saved us from worst situations.. I am backing him to do a job for Pakistan. I know some want him to fail so they can bash Pakistan more on PP, but he will make runs.

Come on Pakistan.

bye bye draw ... kami won't last long and then it's the tail ..

This haris already bowled 25 overs how many can he bowl before he gets realy tired ~!!

Saqib said:
This haris already bowled 25 overs how many can he bowl before he gets realy tired ~!!
He doesnt seem to spin it - so his fingers arent going to be too sore.

Oxy said:
or for bowling line & length...

Eh? Had we played a little more positively, Nel wouldnt have been able to bowl with such good lines and lengths! We saw what happened to Nel yesterday when Younis went after him. If you are just going to block, block, block, the bowler has the opportunity to settle and get his line and length right etc

Kamran Akmal can make runs?? It is because of him that Pakistan is going to lose this match by approx 130 runs. He is the worst keeper in international cricket and needs to be dropped NOW. His batting is not good enough to save him. Any runs he scores here will delay the inevitable - Saffers will win this match very easily. A 50 by Akmal would mean they will win it later in the day. It would also mean that Akmal would not be dropped. Then very soon , he will cost us another test match. Terrible keepers cost matches. And Akmal is a terrible keeper.

Boundary View said:
Kamran Akmal can make runs?? It is because of him that Pakistan is going to lose this match by approx 130 runs. He is the worst keeper in international cricket and needs to be dropped NOW. His batting is not good enough to save him. Any runs he scores here will delay the inevitable - Saffers will win this match very easily. A 50 by Akmal would mean they will win it later in the day. It would also mean that Akmal would not be dropped. Then very soon , he will cost us another test match. Terrible keepers cost matches. And Akmal is a terrible keeper.
good to see you're positive, I'll bump this post when we don't lose, OK? :19:

Leg-stump half-volleys defended to mid-on! What the hell?! I am not saying play reckless shots, but atleast punish the half vollies that the Saffers are delivering!

Kamran looking to be aggressive, drives Harris for 4.. thats his favorite shot!

239/6

Kami looks to have the right approach for this kind of a situation. The best form of defence is to attack!

Usman Sahib said:
Nice drive by Kami for four. Now thats more like it!
Don't praise him too much, as Boundary View said, a 50 from him is completely useless. ;-)

Easa said:
Don't praise him too much, as Boundary View said, a 50 from him is completely useless. ;-)

Boundary View has been known to spout garbage whenever he/she posts. I doubt the poster even knows whats the meaning of the word 'optimism'. Every post he makes, he ends up degrading the team and making a complete fool of himself. I wouldnt read much into his posts if I were you

Sohail Tanveer still not in the squad. Rao is once again persisted with, I really dont understand that

Oxy said:
Do they have cricketers saying 'Come & eat a dinner with me'?
no but I think someone who looked like Imran Khan was shown eating there

12thMan said:
no but I think someone who looked like Imran Khan was shown eating there
..Yeah, he was so interested, that he brought his own newspaper to read:)))

Kamran out, NOW there are problems..

Kamran gone, caught behind off Harris. The first ball that turns, Pakistan loses a wicket to it. The writing is pretty much on the wall now

Pakistan 239/7

well at least we didn't capitulate

Malik should get out of his shell now and have some fun

Bring Danny in and let him have a quickfire 20.

Thats what a Moyo-Inzi-less' team does to you - gives the line up a soft-centre

Usman Sahib said:
Sohail Tanveer still not in the squad. Rao is once again persisted with, I really dont understand that

Lahore is going to be a dead placid wicket again, maybe with spin in it!

Pakistan cannot go for a green or bouncy pitch with only Asif and Gul as test quality pacers compared to four for SAF.

That was on the cards. Akmal cannot play spin too. Great1 Don't these guys have Danish or rehman bowl to them in the nets?

the true passionist said:
Lahore is going to be a dead placid wicket again, maybe with spin in it!

Pakistan cannot go for a green or bouncy pitch with only Asif and Gul as test quality pacers compared to four for SAF.

And it seems we cannot play spin either so where does that leave us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back