Pakistan vs South Africa | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, that was a pretty flukey catch from Boucher. Could so easily have gone to the floor.

come on

at least get the defeat margin to below 150

Easa said:
BTW, that was a pretty flukey catch from Boucher. Could so easily have gone to the floor.

if Kamran had been an Indian batsman it would have gone through Boucher's legs for four

May as well play some shots now...would love to see Kaneria smash a 50 today!!

I think we should prepare a green pitch at Lahore and unleash Asif and Gul on the South Africans.

I think we will lose by 119 runs which by sheer coincidence is the amount that the drop by Akmal off Kalis cost us.

Bye Bye Akmal.

Hash said:
if Kamran had been an Indian batsman it would have gone through Boucher's legs for four

If Kamran was keeping when he nicked it, he would have dropped himself...

Malik might as well hit out now; provide some entertaiment as I find it difficult to see us surviving out 40+ overs with the tail to come.

Akmal is a keeper batsman of the variety that can't keep and can't bat. Well at least he can say shabash.

Was that Shane Warne in the crowd? An uncanny resemblence there...

Moyo_The_Great said:
How??does indian batsman leave some special gas to disturb keeper?? :))) :)))

India are the luckiest team in the world. They get more luck in one match than Pakistan gets in a year.

Easa said:
Malik might as well hit out now; provide some entertaiment as I find it difficult to see us surviving out 40+ overs with the tail to come.

We still have Kaneria - so all hope is not lost

:)) Pakistan have picked 11 batsmen in the squad of 16 for the 2nd test. Just five bowlers and two of them are not Test class bowlers

Amoeba said:
Akmal is a keeper batsman of the variety that can't keep and can't bat. Well at least he can say shabash.

And the funny thing is that his bakwaas disturb the fielders and they put dowm some easy chances as well.

Amoeba said:
We still have Kaneria - so all hope is not lost
Yeah, I'm looking for entertainment, he sure does provide that.

Malik should go all out now. This is a terrible innings from him under the circumstances

Usman Sahib said:
Malik should go all out now. This is a terrible innings from him under the circumstances
What the hell? :20:

Easa said:
What the hell? :20:

What did you not understand there? Whats the point of playing like Kallis when you just have the tail with you and there are 40+ overs left

Usman Sahib said:
What did you not understand there? Whats the point of playing like Kallis when you just have the tail with you and there are 40+ overs left

ummmm, possibly to get a draw out of this game as hitting out is risky and could end up being all out.

this harris dude has been really good....i mean he has put the ball in the right places...no short hops nothing...no real width....really where did he just appear from

rayhan said:
ummmm, possibly to get a draw out of this game as hitting out is risky and could end up being all out.

And you see the tail lasting 40|+ overs when our top order/middle order couldnt? Wouldnt it be better to force them to think a little rather than playing into their hands?

I am not saying go gung-ho and sky the balls up into the air. Punish the balls that deserve to be punished! All we are seeing now is rank long-hops, half volleys on leg-stump, full tosses on the pads defended

the true passionist said:
he is playing the next test though.

He must have pictures of DNA in a compromising position - otherwise what other reason can there be for him being picked game after game? I'm sure Akmal given half a chance would drop himself. He's good at that sort of thing....

Usman Sahib said:
And you see the tail lasting 40|+ overs when our top order/middle order couldnt? Wouldnt it be better to force them to think a little rather than playing into their hands?

I am not saying go gung-ho and sky the balls up into the air. Punish the balls that deserve to be punished! All we are seeing now is rank long-hops, half volleys on leg-stump, full tosses on the pads defended

You make a valid point, I would prefer we get as close to the score and not lose by around 100 runs. Secondly, how do you know that our tail won't last, generally our tailenders (esp Danish) have generally made more runs than our openers. :p

New ball available now. Opportunities for both teams here. Pakistan can attack the new ball and look to put South Africa under pressure while South Africa will be looking to finish off the innings

Why did the management send Rehman before Kaneria/Gul. He is definitely having problems while facing the fast bowlers

Just woke up.

Oh well. There's only one session left, we can still draw it since Malik is there. Only 30 overs to play out.

rayhan said:
You make a valid point, I would prefer we get as close to the score and not lose by around 100 runs. Secondly, how do you know that our tail won't last, generally our tailenders (esp Danish) have generally made more runs than our openers. :p

Yes they do last much longer, but 40+ overs? Thats a little too much to expect from them. The new ball is available now aswell so Steyn and Ntini can certainly wreak havoc

We just have to make sure that South Africa dont get to this victory easily. Make them work hard for it, rather than just giving up and play right into their hands. Atleast we'll be going down with a fight rather than meekly surrendering

iZeeshan said:
Just woke up.

Oh well. There's only one session left, we can still draw it since Malik is there. Only 30 overs to play out.

ummm.. 42 overs only an extra 40% from your estimate.

Umaaaar Gul (as the whites call him) comes out to bat.

249/8

Rehman's technique is awful against the fast bowlers. He goes, trapped leg-before by Steyn for a duck

Umaar edges it over slips for 4, sexy shot ;)

I don't know why shoaib is not even trying to save this tail..Did he already giveup?

Last edited:
Steyn has bowled very well in this 2nd inns.

In tests in Asia it only takes one sub 300 score in one inns and you can lose a test. Pakistan are struggling due to dismal 1st inns knock.

only 171 runs to win, thats a piece of cake for Danish Bradman :19:

Malik not trying to protect the tail from the new ball. At the same time he is not looking to score quick runs and reduce the margin of the loss. What the hell is he trying to ahieve out there?! If he thinks Kaneria and Gul can last 30 overs against Steyn and co., he's in for a rude awakening

I know its a lost cause but atleast Shoaib should show some urgency of getting singles and keep gul away as much as he can.

Oh man! Only one wicket left! Well at least we didn't totally collapse.

Disappointed in Misbah. Disgusted with Akmal.

iZeeshan said:
Oh man! Only one wicket left! Well at least we didn't totally collapse.

Disappointed in Misbah. Disgusted with Akmal.
Did you even see how Akmal got out? How can you be disgusted with him if you were sleeping when he got out?

xbox said:
I don't know why shoaib is not even trying to save this tail..Did he already giveup?

dont really know what malik is doing he hasnt even tried to keep the strike

Gul gone, caught at short point off Steyn. Steyn gets his 3rd 5-wicket haul and his first one against Pakistan

Kaneria to come in next. Someone knock some sense into Malik, he cant go on blocking! We will lose by 150+ runs!

Ntini smacked for 4, he's been smacked all Test match.

Danish seriously needs to bat at no.7 from now on, he's wasted down the order

Easa said:
Did you even see how Akmal got out? How can you be disgusted with him if you were sleeping when he got out?

yeah, he definitely got robbed of a double hundred. :)))

South Africa win by 161 runs.

Well done South Africa - completely outplayed us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back