Pakistan vs South Africa | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude this is not ODI that its going to put any pressure on Younis. Loosing wicket will put others in pressure. First we need to save the game and then think about win. Longer Misbah stays on wicket better it is for us.

Pathan007 said:
misbah needs to get on. he's putting pressure on YK

kablooee87 said:
don't worry about slow run rate right now. That will come later.

Its not just about the run-rate, its also about allowing the bowlers to feel a lot more comfortable

iafzal said:
In IND/AUS match Symonds hits a 6 and someone gets their head smashed by the ball in the crowd.
Not Sreesanth again? :)))

when is the next drinks break?

I want to go to the toilet really badly but I'm scared we will lose a wicket if i leave the computer.

Misbah's strike rate and his career average are pretty similar at the moment unfortunately neither one is impressive!

Oxy said:
194-4

I'm happy with our current situation.

Same. Would have taken this at the start of play.

Find yourself an empty coke can. Please don't jinx it by going to toilet.

Hash said:

I want to go to the toilet really badly but I'm scared we will lose a wicket if i leave the computer.

Hash said:
Same. Would have taken this at the start of play.
Thats why your postivity and lack of W**** S*****g disgusts me! :D

Last edited:
win unlikely at this rate .. draw is good enough for this match ...

Hash said:

Hash u watching a live stream...damn geopakistani's quality is bad right noww

xbox said:
Find yourself an empty coke can. Please don't jinx it by going to toilet.

don't worry, i wont. Even if i have to go through pain....and it is heading that way.

No can though.

All I have is a a cardbox box.

What the hell Misbah?! Would have lost his wicket to a pretty harmless delivery there. The ball isnt spinning AT ALL and Harris is being made to look threatening

Islamabadi said:
Hash u watching a live stream...damn geopakistani's quality is bad right noww

nah, just following on cricinfo/pcboard.com.pk

Hash said:

You might have to hold it in for quite a while man. ;)

197/4

227 runs to win

relax. no harm was done. He is still there.

By looking at Misbah I think we can say faisal is a better player of spin compare to Misbah.

it pitched outside the line of stumps so not that close, plus he is bowling around the wkt

Younis gone, once again defeated by the low bounce. Keeps on happening to him only doesnt it?

Younis goes for 126, bowled by Steyn

Similiar to 1st inning dismissal. Ball rolls along the ground and Younus on the backfoot. Bowled...

Damn.

Usman Sahib said:
Younis gone, once again defeated by the low bounce. Keeps on happening to him only doesnt it?
Care to explain what you are REALLY trying to say???

ahhhhhhhh

Well batted Younus

Great innings!

It's all but over now.

Ok that is what i was talking about we need to defend this game before think about winning it. It is going to be a tough ask from here on.

atleast if Misbah play's the entire session ..... well that would be the greatest news for Pakistan since they last time they found a player that could last an entire session ... SIX years ago.

Steyn to Younis, out Bowled!! that is what you can expect from a Day 5 pitch, Steyn fires it in full on the stumps, slanting into the right hander sharply, keeps really very low there, Younis stays back to it and looks to defend it, misses and the off stump is pegged back, exactly the way he got out in the first innings, look at the delight of the South Africans, you can notice how important this wicket is to them!!!

5 wickets and 227 runs to get. Doesnt look even remotely realistic now. Younis very unlucky to be bowled TWICE thanks to the retarded low bounce

I'm not nervous anymore

I don't expect us to win so I am chilled. Can finally go to the toilet.

Hash said:
ahhhhhhhh

Well batted Younus

Great innings!

It's all but over now.
oh cmon. You've been such an optimist this whole test. Why lose faith now.

Bad luck but he should have been forwards especially considering what happened to him in the first innings.

Hash said:

:)))

Haha Waqar making fun of Harris. Saying if he can't turn it on this pitch then...

Symond has just gone crazy on the other side. Just hot 2 6s and then a 4 in a row to Yuraj. some of his own medicine ...

YK looked beaten for pace as well s low bounce & reverse swing. well he shud have been out 2 baaaalls earlier on the lbw appeal - shame - but well played

Harris barely ever turns it .....I'm surprised he keeps getting wickets though......

57.2 Steyn to Malik, 1 run, fuller length delivery on the leg, straying onto the pads, Malik closes the face of the bat and glances it to fine leg for a single to get off the mark, the 200 is up for Pakistan!!!

Symond is going nuts over here.. he just hit a long six to zaheer

43.6 Yuvraj to Symonds, FOUR!!, on the legs, Symonds comes on the frontfoot and drives it between midwicket and long on, Uthappa runs across from long on, slides, gets his hands on it but couldn't stop it, bad fielding!

43.5 Yuvraj to Symonds, SIX!!, bowls flat and short, Symonds moves across and pulls it nicely over deep mid wicket, straight into the crowd, lovely shot!

43.4 Yuvraj to Symonds, SIX!!, marginally overpitched, Symonds picks it earcly and lofts it over long on, just over the fielder there!

2 more wickets and they are into out tail ... it wont be long then !

the way we;re gonnaa draw this game is by trying to rottate the strike

misbah has taken razzaqs place quite well in the batting line up :)

Malik averages close to 60 in the 2nd innings. If he can contribute another 60 odd, Pakistan can be safe.

But it seems that Pakistan will reach close but fail to make it to the end. In this way i will stay up all night!

Last edited:
We need one more century from one of our batsmen, and we'll be practically there.

Cricinfo seems to think we've won the match. They've got the following picture with the following caption...

80517.1.jpg

Younis Khan hit 126 off 160 balls as Pakistan chased down a fourth-innings target of 424 against South Africa on day five of the first Test in Karachi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back