[PICTURE] Jahandad Khan - Performance Watch

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Jahandad Khan, a 20 year old emerging young cricketing talent who hails from Rawalpindi. The lad is a left arm medium fast bowler who has displayed spectacular performances recently in the Pakistan's domestic cricket circuit especially in the ongoing President's Trophy Tournament 2023-2024. The lad would also be a part of the Lahore Qalandars team squad this year in the HBL PSL 9.
_20240112_200853.JPG

He needs to bowl from closer to the stumps. Also isn't that quick. Not more than 120kph.

Jahandad Khan was in destructive form today in the ongoing President's Trophy 2023-2024 as he took his match tally to nine wickets. Jahandad Khan registered the best bowling figures of the tournament today against HEC and helped his side PTV to win the match by 209 runs. Jahandad Khan's bowling figures in the second innings against HEC were 7-65.

Jahandad Khan is a 20 years old emerging talent who is part of the Pakistan domestic cricket setup. He hails from Rawalpindi and is a left arm medium fast bowler who has shown spectacular performances recently in the domestic arena .Especially in the President's Trophy 2023-2024. The lad woud be part of the Lahore Qalandar squad this year in HBL PSL 9.
View attachment 141264
Left arm medium fast or left arm slow medium? Would be astonished if he bowls anything above 75mph

PTV's Jahandad Khan unleashed a blazing innings, smashing a quickfire 67 off just 34 balls in the first innings against KRL on Day 1 during the sixth round of the President's Trophy 2023-24.

Day 4 turned into Jahandad Khan's personal bowling fiesta for PTV, snagging 3 wickets with just 26 runs in 12 overs.PTV clinching a roaring 155-run victory over KRL in the sixth round of the President's Trophy 2023-24.

Looks like a promising pace allrounder, step asside Aamer Jamal :)

Jahandad hails from Stars ICCA a club based in Ayub Park Rawalpindi, very hardworking cricketer wishing him all the best, have seen him toil all day on cricket field , he is from very humble background

You have to be a complete dud not to see this kids natural ability. Very impressive ball striker and looks like he has some good game awareness as well.

"Shaheen is my idol" Jahandad Khan

Bro, please pick a better idol otherwise you'll end up being a 132 kph trodder too.

fpqkuR1.png

"Shaheen is my idol" Jahandad Khan

Bro, please pick a better idol otherwise you'll end up being a 132 kph trodder too.

fpqkuR1.png

Tbf, if he’s 20 years old then his earliest memories of watching Pakistan cricket would’ve been around 2012-13.

He grew up watching probably the worst phase of Pakistan cricket, I’m just glad he didn’t say Wasim Akram like every other youngster.

Lahore Qalandars' Jahandad Khan showcased an unbelievable hitting and power-hitting display, he has gone beyond the conventional playbook for Quetta Gladiators. Remaining unbeaten at 45*(17), he achieved a remarkable strike rate of 264.70.

He equaled the record of hitting the most sixes by a Pakistani in his PSL debut. Three batters — Mohammad Haris, Saud Shakeel, and Jahandad ,each managed to smash four sixes in their respective innings.

Heck of an innings by him and nice to see more pace allrounder prospects coming up. It's been such a huge need for Pakistan and the lad can certainly hit it big. Has a good slower delivery in T20's and bowls around 130-135 clicks which is OK pace wise. If he can add a bit more pace and develop himself into a true allrounder, it would be huge for Pakistan. Nice that he is a lefty too batting & bowling wise. It seems like a lot of pacer coming up nowadays are all right handed and Pakistan have always lacked left handed bats in the middle order.

Hopefully this has firmly put him on the radar and coaches can help round out his game.

Heck of an innings by him and nice to see more pace allrounder prospects coming up. It's been such a huge need for Pakistan and the lad can certainly hit it big. Has a good slower delivery in T20's and bowls around 130-135 clicks which is OK pace wise. If he can add a bit more pace and develop himself into a true allrounder, it would be huge for Pakistan. Nice that he is a lefty too batting & bowling wise. It seems like a lot of pacer coming up nowadays are all right handed and Pakistan have always lacked left handed bats in the middle order.

Hopefully this has firmly put him on the radar and coaches can help round out his game.

130 to 135 clicks is fine if you bowl with a plan and know how to execute it. Especially in T20s. I have not seen him but it all comes down to hard work and willing to improve. What you dont want is these guys after playing a good season of PSL, suddenly join all kind of T20 leauges all over the world. They will need to work hard and continue to improve on their game and fitness levels.

looking very good t20 all rounder, way better than Faheem Ashraf on which PCB wasted number of years.

1708363036774.png

Last edited:
Definetly a prospect for white ball
Batting is a bonus as well.

But there's no way he's 20 he looks 25+

Seems like a clean hitter against spinners. Will struggle against better batsman and bowlers at this moment. But can develop his skills.

In the post-match interview after the match against Quetta Gladiators, Jahandad Khan said:

"It helped a lot; Shaheen bhai told me that he would send me up the order. He promoted me and said, 'Go and do what you do best.' So, I told him that I can hit sixes. He replied, 'All you need to do is hit just sixes and not take any extra pressure.' He gave me confidence!"

He looks okay would like to see more against pace however a good Innings in the context of the game.

His bowling needs some major guidance otherwise he is a proper middle order batsman specially in T20 cricket.

Definetly a prospect for white ball
Batting is a bonus as well.

But there's no way he's 20 he looks 25+
To be fair I don't think he's too far north of his stated age. Has a youngish face.

Some clean swings in those clips. I really hope a high SR middle-order batsman sticks their hand up in this PSL with it being a World Cup year.

He can belt the ball.

Given the amount of chances Asif Ali was given, he deserves a run.

Yea he has potential al right not a bad bowler too..just been unlucky in some matches gone for some runs

Jahandad Khan is trying his best to get Lahore Qalandars over the line but it seems like a humongous task to do so.

In the post-match interview after the match against Quetta Gladiators, Jahandad Khan said:

"It helped a lot; Shaheen bhai told me that he would send me up the order. He promoted me and said, 'Go and do what you do best.' So, I told him that I can hit sixes. He replied, 'All you need to do is hit just sixes and not take any extra pressure.' He gave me confidence!"

Wow what a coversation they had, could have been two kids playing in gully muhalla.

On being asked about his sensational batting performance in the first match of PSL

Jahandad Khan, "I was sitting in a relaxed manner and wasn't expecting to bat as we do have a long batting line up comprising of Sikandar Raza, Carlos Braithwaite and Shaheen bhai himself but Shaheen bhai came to me and asked to pad for the batting. He asked me to go first and play fearlessly and then I shall come after you. Alhumdulilah I delivered well and was promoted because I hit 5 sixes to Peshawar Zalmi in the practice match before PSL 9 commencement. "

Jahandad Khan is a fluke hitter. He needs much more work on both his batting and bowling skills. But it seems he requires more time to invest in domestic cricket to refine his all-round abilities. Otherwise, he may not be able to replace Aamer Jamal in the future and could fade away. Today, for PTV, he went for a duck with the bat, while taking 3 wickets for 64 runs in 8 overs against SNGPL.

Jahandad Khan is a fluke hitter. He needs much more work on both his batting and bowling skills. But it seems he requires more time to invest in domestic cricket to refine his all-round abilities. Otherwise, he may not be able to replace Aamer Jamal in the future and could fade away. Today, for PTV, he went for a duck with the bat, while taking 3 wickets for 64 runs in 8 overs against SNGPL.
Players like Jhandad Khan who have taken should spend 10-15 hours everyday enhancing their skills. If they don’t do that they will eventually fade away.

Back