[PICTURES] Liverpool FC | 2023/24 Season

Firebat

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
AUGUST

Sunday 13th, 4.30pm – Chelsea (A)

Saturday 19th, 3pm – Bournemouth (H)

Saturday 26th, 3pm – Newcastle United (A)

SEPTEMBER

Saturday 2nd, 3pm – Aston Villa (H)

Saturday 16th, 3pm – Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)

Saturday 23rd, 3pm – West Ham United (H)

Saturday 30th, 3pm – Tottenham Hotspur (A)

OCTOBER

Saturday 7th, 3pm – Brighton & Hove Albion (A)

Saturday 21st, 3pm – Everton (H)

Saturday 28th, 3pm – Nottingham Forest (H)

NOVEMBER

Saturday 4th, 3pm – Luton Town (A)

Saturday 11th, 3pm – Brentford (H)

Saturday 25th, 3pm – Manchester City (A)

DECEMBER

Saturday 2nd, 3pm – Fulham (H)

Tuesday 5th, 7.45pm – Sheffield United (A)

Saturday 9th, 3pm – Crystal Palace (A)

Saturday 16th, 3pm – Manchester United (H)

Saturday 23rd, 3pm – Arsenal (H)

Tuesday 26th, 3pm – Burnley (A)

Saturday 30th, 3pm – Newcastle United (H)

JANUARY

Saturday 13th, 3pm – Bournemouth (A) *This fixture is subject to change to the weekend of January 20th as part of the league's mid-season break.

Wednesday 31st, 8pm – Chelsea (H)

FEBRUARY

Saturday 3rd, 3pm – Arsenal (A)

Saturday 10th, 3pm – Burnley (H)

Saturday 17th, 3pm – Brentford (A)

Saturday 24th, 3pm – Luton Town (H)

MARCH

Saturday 2nd, 3pm – Nottingham Forest (A)

Saturday 9th, 3pm – Manchester City (H)

Saturday 16th, 3pm – Everton (A)

Saturday 30th, 3pm – Brighton & Hove Albion (H)

APRIL

Wednesday 3rd, 8pm – Sheffield United (H)

Saturday 6th, 3pm – Manchester United (A)

Saturday 13th, 3pm – Crystal Palace (H)

Saturday 20th, 3pm – Fulham (A)

Saturday 27th, 3pm – West Ham United (A)

MAY

Saturday 4th, 3pm – Tottenham Hotspur (H)

Saturday 11th, 3pm – Aston Villa (A)

Sunday 19th, 4pm – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

Szoboszlai and macalister are to really good signings, Liverpool need another 2 midfielders still I think. Going forward they will score goals, their defence is like a class jaw so will that hinder their title challenge. Good transfer business so far.

Szoboszlai and macalister are to really good signings, Liverpool need another 2 midfielders still I think. Going forward they will score goals, their defence is like a class jaw so will that hinder their title challenge. Good transfer business so far.
Liverpool have also completed signing of Romeo Lavia on a 5 year deal.

These are 3 exceptional signings, all elite midfielders. Mac Allistar at £35 m is an absolute steal.

With LFCs high press there is always a danger of goals conceded but I dont think defence will be major concern this season.

Liverpool will be challenging for the Premier League title this season!

Liverpool have also completed signing of Romeo Lavia on a 5 year deal.

These are 3 exceptional signings, all elite midfielders. Mac Allistar at £35 m is an absolute steal.

With LFCs high press there is always a danger of goals conceded but I dont think defence will be major concern this season.

Liverpool will be challenging for the Premier League title this season!
Where have they signed lavia? I see nothing confirmed. Your now being linked with dewsbury Hall. Yes if you get lavia then it's good.

It will help massively but your defence needs surgery as well, van dykk isn't going to get any better and rest of your defence is gash.

Where have they signed lavia? I see nothing confirmed. Your now being linked with dewsbury Hall. Yes if you get lavia then it's good.

It will help massively but your defence needs surgery as well, van dykk isn't going to get any better and rest of your defence is gash.
Not official but inside news suggests deal is done.

VVD's serious injury v Everton changed him as a player but I think now as captain he will be a strong force again.

Chelsea away first game is an interesting one.

VVD's serious injury v Everton changed him as a player but I think now as captain he will be a strong force again.

If you do get lavia then yeah your midfield will be good.

I can see you then using reserves in europa league which will help keep you fresh for PL.

Captaincy will help VVD yes, but he won't get back to level he was at, the issue is rest of your defence, uve looked poor defensively all pre-season which showd defensive isn't good, you can't depend on outscoring teams to win a title.

I think you need another CB still.

Chelsea look like going forward now they will score goals, but with no caciedo signing their midfield looks weak.

But yeah it should be an interesting game.

If you do get lavia then yeah your midfield will be good.

I can see you then using reserves in europa league which will help keep you fresh for PL.

Captaincy will help VVD yes, but he won't get back to level he was at, the issue is rest of your defence, uve looked poor defensively all pre-season which showd defensive isn't good, you can't depend on outscoring teams to win a title.

I think you need another CB still.
I agree another CB is a must, as we Matip is older now.

The problem is there arent too many top quality CB's available or around.

I hope we do take the Europa league a little more seriously, its one competition Klopp hasnt won for LFC. Interestingly it was the first final for Klopp for LFC which we lost. The team only became stronger afterwards.

We are 3rd favourites after City and Arsenal acc to the bookies but our attacking force is 2nd to none. I wouldnt be surprised if LFC score over 100 goals this season, a big ask but possible for such a forward line up.

I agree another CB is a must, as we Matip is older now.

The problem is there arent too many top quality CB's available or around.

I hope we do take the Europa league a little more seriously, its one competition Klopp hasnt won for LFC. Interestingly it was the first final for Klopp for LFC which we lost. The team only became stronger afterwards.

We are 3rd favourites after City and Arsenal acc to the bookies but our attacking force is 2nd to none. I wouldnt be surprised if LFC score over 100 goals this season, a big ask but possible for such a forward line up.
Yeah signing another elite CB would cost a lot and yeah FSG aren't going to put up the money, but there are maybe a few decent CB that could have be looked at. I think axel diasi who has joined Chelsea, could have been a good option. I know you showed interest in Colwell at Chelsea but they don't want to sell.

I think in group stages of EL you can gey away with understrength teams like we did and get out of the group. Which keeps you fresh for PL. I think there after klopp will take it serious.

If you look at City's 1st 7 games and their last 8 games fixture wise they are going to win most of those, so Liverpool would need to get off to a fast start to keep up with City.

I think Liverpools attack is 2nd best in league behind city's, the fact Jesus is injured again and we will use havertz or nketitah is just stupid.

If we don't sign another striker, I can see you finishing above us in league this season.

Salah will get 30+ goals a season again.

Yeah signing another elite CB would cost a lot and yeah FSG aren't going to put up the money, but there are maybe a few decent CB that could have be looked at. I think axel diasi who has joined Chelsea, could have been a good option. I know you showed interest in Colwell at Chelsea but they don't want to sell.

I think in group stages of EL you can gey away with understrength teams like we did and get out of the group. Which keeps you fresh for PL. I think there after klopp will take it serious.

If you look at City's 1st 7 games and their last 8 games fixture wise they are going to win most of those, so Liverpool would need to get off to a fast start to keep up with City.

I think Liverpools attack is 2nd best in league behind city's, the fact Jesus is injured again and we will use havertz or nketitah is just stupid.

If we don't sign another striker, I can see you finishing above us in league this season.

Salah will get 30+ goals a season again.

Salah is key to Liverpool's sucess or pretty much anything we achieve. He looks fit, rested and ready to go hard! I think this could be his last season for LFC with 2 years to go, I have a feeling Liverpool will cash out on a big money move to Saudi Pro Leauge. Salah will want to leave with either the League Title or the Europa league trophy.

Agree with everything you've wrote , a strong start in the first 5/6 matches is essential in a league which is stronger than ever before.

Salah is key to Liverpool's sucess or pretty much anything we achieve. He looks fit, rested and ready to go hard! I think this could be his last season for LFC with 2 years to go, I have a feeling Liverpool will cash out on a big money move to Saudi Pro Leauge. Salah will want to leave with either the League Title or the Europa league trophy.

Agree with everything you've wrote , a strong start in the first 5/6 matches is essential in a league which is stronger than ever before.
Yeah I think salah will probably go Saudi at somepoint but not for a few more season yet. Only other place he could maybe go is Spain to Barca or Madrid. I think he will be at Liverpool for next 2 seasons atleast.

I think gapko will have a stand out season as well.

Romeo Lavia: Liverpool have third bid for midfielder rejected by Southampton​

Liverpool have had a third bid rejected for Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia.

The latest offer for the 19-year-old Belgian is believed to have been about £46m including add-ons, with Southampton reportedly wanting £50m.
Lavia was an unused substitute when Southampton started their Championship campaign with a 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday on Friday.

He joined Saints from Manchester City last summer for £10.5m.

Lavia made 34 appearances in all competitions for Southampton in 2022-23 but was unable to help them avoid relegation from the Premier League to the Championship.

Liverpool are looking to reinforce their midfield with a third signing in that area of the pitch following Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain all leaving the club this summer.

Manager Jurgen Klopp has acquired World Cup-winning Argentina midfielder Alexis Mac Allister from Brighton in June for an initial £35m, while Dominik Szoboszlai joined the Reds in a £60m deal from RB Leipzig in July.

Virgil van Dijk:

"I can definitely understand it [fans' negativity] in some ways but I'm not a very negative person."

"But obviously when a lot of players are leaving, when your captain is leaving, your vice-captain is leaving, and at the moment there are only two incomings."

"And the way we have been playing, in possession really good but defensively when you concede goals it's not as good, I can understand some people having doubts."

"It will be very tough if we look at the teams around us, but we want to be up there again, we want to be challenging again."

"We have to be confident, we should be confident and we should still be learning each and every day. There have been characters leaving, players who have played a big part in the success, but others have to step up."

"That's a nice challenge in my opinion. We should be excited. I'm very excited, so let's give it a go."

Liverpool definitely still need a 3rd midfield signing and another CB signing before the transfer window shuts

Liverpool definitely still need a 3rd midfield signing and another CB signing before the transfer window shuts
Agree, the Lavia saga is poor now.

However LFC played 4-2-3-1 which is a system I like to see. With Gapko playing the Firmino role dropping back to help the 2 centre mids.

If out attackers find some rhythm there will be some big scores this season, another 7-0 against Utd isnt out of the question. :)

Agree, the Lavia saga is poor now.

However LFC played 4-2-3-1 which is a system I like to see. With Gapko playing the Firmino role dropping back to help the 2 centre mids.

If out attackers find some rhythm there will be some big scores this season, another 7-0 against Utd isnt out of the question. :)
Yeah but you can't depend on macalister and szabs alone all season, espcially in 4 competitions. You still need another top midfielder plus maybe even a back up.

I thought lavia was done 😉

Moises Caicedo: Liverpool remain in talks with Brighton but Reds expect midfielder to make Chelsea move​

Liverpool remain in talks with Brighton over a potential deal for Moises Caicedo should a move to Chelsea not materialise.

The clubs have discussed the financial terms and payment structure of a transfer as the Merseysiders consider sanctioning the highest spend - by a stretch - in their history.

Brighton value Caicedo in the region of £100m.

Liverpool's late entry into negotiations was prompted by Chelsea's failure to agree a fee after months of pursuing the midfielder. Their third offer of £80m was instantly rejected by Brighton in July.

However, the expectation at Anfield is that Caicedo will end up under Mauricio Pochettino's charge given the amount of time Chelsea have worked on a deal.

Liverpool feel, given the circumstances and their own drawn-out pursuit of Southampton's Romeo Lavia, the 21-year-old is too good a player not to attempt to sign even if it proves unsuccesful.

If there is no movement with Chelsea and Caicedo indicates he wants to line up under Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool are ready to advance matters. Bayern Munich are also exploring a deal.

It is understood that the Ecuador international cleared out his locker at Brighton five days ago and has not been back at the club since.

He is bunkered in London waiting for a transfer to be agreed - and the location is instructive given Caicedo has been sold on the switch to Chelsea, who are now expected to intensify their efforts to sign him.

The player's preference is the deciding factor in how both clubs proceed and Liverpool are prepared to act if they receive the necessary encouragement.

I hope Liverpool are being serious and not just playing Chelsea to bid higher so LFC can get Lavia.

Caicedo with Mac Allistar and Slzobo would be an epic midfield!

I hope Liverpool are being serious and not just playing Chelsea to bid higher so LFC can get Lavia.

Caicedo with Mac Allistar and Slzobo would be an epic midfield!
Liverpool will be City's main challengers this season. I said at end of last season "if Liverpool rebuild their midfield" they will be back.

Caciedo can play RB as well so klopp may play him im in the "inverted" DM / FB role that all managers are getting over excited with

This is why I predicted Liverpool 2nd this season

Klopp crying about oil money and 100M players. He said he wouldn't even spend like that if he had chance.

Yet klopp has broke transfer record for a defender, keeper and midfielder at different points of his managerial career 🤣

Liverpool have agreed a British record transfer fee of £111m with Brighton for midfielder Moises Caicedo.

After Brighton rejected a succession of bids from Chelsea, it remains to be seen whether the Blues will now match that amount.

Brighton had set a fee in excess of £100m for Caicedo and had said they felt no-one would reach it.

However, Liverpool have now done that, which leaves the 21-year-old Ecuador international free to go for a medical.

Liverpool lost midfielders Jordan Henderson and Fabinho to the Saudi Pro League last month but signed Caicedo's Brighton team-mate Alexis Mac Allister in June for £35m.

The fee agreed for Caicedo exceeds the £107m Chelsea paid for Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez earlier this year.

Caicedo joined Brighton from Ecuadorian side Independiente del Valle for £4m in February 2021.

Speaking to a few Liverpool fans yesterday and they were fuming with the owners.

I guess that position might be rather different today with the Caicedo news.

Huge signing for them if it goes ahead.

Speaking to a few Liverpool fans yesterday and they were fuming with the owners.

I guess that position might be rather different today with the Caicedo news.

Huge signing for them if it goes ahead.
Liverpool got near enough 150M for finishing 5th in PL, plus money from sales of fabhino and Henderson etc.. there is no excuses for their owners not to spend

EXCLUSIVE: Moisés Caicedo has just informed Liverpool that he only wants to join Chelsea! #CFC Caicedo has decided to keep his word and only accept Chelsea as personal terms were agreed since end of May.Chelsea, set to bid again in order to get deal done with Brighton. (Fabrizio romano)
🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1691756283396.jpg

I remember Klopp moaning about Man United spending 80 million on Pogba. But he is more than happy to spend big money on players. What a hyprocrite. 😂

Caicedo is a very good player but £100 million is too much imo. Good on the chap for keeping his word with Chelsea. Im not sure LFC were really interested, they knew Chelsea wages would be far higher.

Except Lavia deal done over the next few days.

Klopp has spent less in 8 years than Ten Haag has in 1 year. Liverpool with City have the best XI by far, they know how to do business in the transfer market.

Caicedo is a very good player but £100 million is too much imo. Good on the chap for keeping his word with Chelsea. Im not sure LFC were really interested, they knew Chelsea wages would be far higher.

Except Lavia deal done over the next few days.

Klopp has spent less in 8 years than Ten Haag has in 1 year. Liverpool with City have the best XI by far, they know how to do business in the transfer market.
🤣 you got new job as PR spokesmen for klopp. Season starts in 3 hours and already licking wounds 🤭 let the banter begin 😉

So it looks like the Moisés Caicedo to Liverpool deal is a goner.

Not having the best of luck with the transfer market at the moment are they.

Same problems as last season it seems.

Defence looking very shaky.

Midfield options not great either.

And Salah spits out his dummy after being substituted.

No handshake between him and Klopp.

Same problems as last season it seems.

Defence looking very shaky.

Midfield options not great either.
They need a CDM and another CB, they are way to easily got at like you say

Liverpool today looked really good in the first half hour, like the old dominant Liverpool, but Chelsea grew into the game afterwards and matched up to them very well. Liverpool have a magnificent front line but they need some more signings in midfield.

A midfield of MacAllister and Szoboszlai is not going to provide any defensive presence whatsoever. Any side worth their salt will cut through Liverpool like a hot knife through butter, just like Chelsea did for large parts of the game today.

A midfield of MacAllister and Szoboszlai is not going to provide any defensive presence whatsoever. Any side worth their salt will cut through Liverpool like a hot knife through butter, just like Chelsea did for large parts of the game today.
That's why they need a caciedo or lavia type enforcer

Liverpool is not as attractive a club as Liverpool fans like to believe they are. I mean, who the hell wants to live in Merseyside?

Asked where the day's transfer activity leaves Liverpool, Jamie Carragher said: "In a pretty difficult place, people know they are desperate.

"They put a bid in for Lavia today for £60m when they refused to pay £50m four or five days ago. It's an absolute mess and a joke.

"The biggest problem about it is that Liverpool have known they have needed midfield reinforcements since August of last season, 12 months ago. So to not have things in order…"

"People think I defend FSG, I have no relationship with them at all, but this is not on the owners. The structure of the football club.

"When Liverpool were winning the Premier League and got to Champions League finals, what were they doing? They were not spending as much money as the other teams, but they were producing good players.

"Yes, they've got a great manager but they had Michael Edwards at the top of the club as director of football, and a transfer committee beneath them. It worked. He left.

"His No 2 then took over and was in the job for six months then he left. You have to ask the reason why they're moving on from the football club. I don't know what's behind the scenes.

"Schmadtke has become in and he has a relationship with Jurgen Klopp - but he's only there for the summer. That's all he's there for and then moves on.

"They haven't got deals done - that is your job in that role, to get deals over the line. The two players they bought had buy-out clauses, there's no negotiation, no big deal to go about it, you just meet the buy-out clause. So Liverpool have not got big deals over the line and it's been embarrassing.

"That's why I will not be critical of the owners - they were willing to pay £111m and break the transfer record. To start with Lavia, not pay a certain amount, to then go to Caicedo and then go back to Lavia, it's an absolute mess, a joke and it's embarrassing."

SKY

Liverpool is not as attractive a club as Liverpool fans like to believe they are. I mean, who the hell wants to live in Merseyside?

Manchester is a bigger dump these days but , the rich players live in the nice areas. Most Manchester players lived 10 miles + outside of city or do you think they are jogging in Salford on a Monday morning?

The reason , which is obvious is Chelsea are paying much higher wages.

Liverpools main issue is they have a summer only director out of Germany. Since Michael Edwards left, transfers have been wobbly. No huge issue as some making out, as Liverpools first XI still one of the best in the world.

Manchester is a bigger dump these days but , the rich players live in the nice areas. Most Manchester players lived 10 miles + outside of city or do you think they are jogging in Salford on a Monday morning?

Liverpools main issue is they have a summer only director out of Germany. Since Michael Edwards left, transfers have been wobbly. No huge issue as some making out, as Liverpools first XI still one of the best in the world.
Looks like salah and Alison are off to Saudi 🤭 things are going to get worse

89ad706e858bdb51cb480b1312cf9906.jpg

Looks like salah and Alison are off to Saudi 🤭 things are going to get worse

This would be a massive blow indeed but there is so much rubbish on social media and mainstream these days.

Salah will go end of next season imo.

Did you see the Liverpool goal v Chelsea? LFC will be in the running for the league , just need to play like that in both halves.

This would be a massive blow indeed but there is so much rubbish on social media and mainstream these days.

Salah will go end of next season imo.

Did you see the Liverpool goal v Chelsea? LFC will be in the running for the league , just need to play like that in both halves.
I watched entire Liverpool vs Chelsea game as I watched it with my mate who supports Chelsea.

1st 30 minutes Liverpool were excellent, you moved the ball well and yes you will score goals. If salah had stayed onside and it went to 2-0 you win the game easy.

However you then proceed to fall apart defensively and were lucky not be 2-1 down.

Reason I predicted you finish 2nd was based on you will score goals and I thought you would rebuild your midfield.

However with no CDM, and no new CB you are basically depending on outscoring teams every game, your not going to win a title doing that.

You have 9 good players in your starting 11, but if you don't get those extra 2 players and additional squad strength you are going to be depending on your 9 main players to stay fit all season.

The whole caciedo / lavia mess shoes your owners and even klopp aren't really serious at winning stuff. It reminds me of wenger from 2010 onwards. Its sad to see big clubs with history and prestige be more bother about balancing booms then being ambitious

I watched entire Liverpool vs Chelsea game as I watched it with my mate who supports Chelsea.

1st 30 minutes Liverpool were excellent, you moved the ball well and yes you will score goals. If salah had stayed onside and it went to 2-0 you win the game easy.

However you then proceed to fall apart defensively and were lucky not be 2-1 down.

Reason I predicted you finish 2nd was based on you will score goals and I thought you would rebuild your midfield.

However with no CDM, and no new CB you are basically depending on outscoring teams every game, your not going to win a title doing that.

You have 9 good players in your starting 11, but if you don't get those extra 2 players and additional squad strength you are going to be depending on your 9 main players to stay fit all season.

The whole caciedo / lavia mess shoes your owners and even klopp aren't really serious at winning stuff. It reminds me of wenger from 2010 onwards. Its sad to see big clubs with history and prestige be more bother about balancing booms then being ambitious

Gomez has to step now, he's the longest LFC player now. He has the pace to play in the high line. Matip has lost his legs a little but still has enough to jump on when needed. We have to trust the kids in midfield who played well last season. Stefan Bajcetic is a serious talent, like a younger version of Zidane, of course not as good but his style is similar. Harvey and Curtis played well too. Too many players is not always great, the balance is more important.

Lavia would have been a good addition but its hard to blame the owners who were willing to pay what it took for both of them. The Director of football must take the blame but only for Lavia, he could have sealed the deal early. Caciedo was never coming.

City look as brilliant as last season , meaning top 4 and Europa win is only realistic, both can be achieved which would be a good season.

Saudi Arabian side Al-Nassr were said to be keen on signing the 30-year-old and that Alisson was tempted. (Footmercato)

Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 31, has reportedly "given the green light" for a Saudi Pro League side to negotiate with Liverpool over a possible transfer this summer. (Alkass, via Football365)

There are many nice areas in Merseyside. In addition The Wirral is nearby and if players want to live further afield Cheshire is not too far away too.

Manchester United had Ed Woodward as their director and yet we were able to sign top players, despite not being in the champions league.

The facts are that Liverpool don’t attract top players. They sign players who have the potential to be top players such as Salah, Van Dyke, Mane, but they don’t have the clout to attract top players.

Liverpool fans go on about their history and how they are the biggest club in England. These South Americans and Europeans don’t care about Bob Paisley, Bill Shankley, Slippy G. Your history means nothing outside of England.

Liverpool are willing to pay high transfer fees for players but can’t afford to pay their wages. It is like buying a Ferrari but not having the money to buy its insurance lol. Liverpool are in the mud and soon moaner Klopp will either get the sack or walk away.

There are many nice areas in Merseyside. In addition The Wirral is nearby and if players want to live further afield Cheshire is not too far away too.
I don’t deny that, but vast majority of people would rather live in England than Merseyside.

Liverpool made an absolute mess of the Lavia situation

He was willing to join them but understandably got annoyed when they started flashing big money at Caicedo, what on earth were they thinking?

I do think for Lavia going to Liverpool is the better move but they've not shown him the same attention as Chelse did

And now the players they are getting linked with are having their asking price bumped because they know Liverpool have the money to spend

Though, I've seen some links to Amrabat today, if that's true then that would be a solid signing.

Manchester United had Ed Woodward as their director and yet we were able to sign top players, despite not being in the champions league.

The facts are that Liverpool don’t attract top players. They sign players who have the potential to be top players such as Salah, Van Dyke, Mane, but they don’t have the clout to attract top players.

Liverpool fans go on about their history and how they are the biggest club in England. These South Americans and Europeans don’t care about Bob Paisley, Bill Shankley, Slippy G. Your history means nothing outside of England.

Liverpool are willing to pay high transfer fees for players but can’t afford to pay their wages. It is like buying a Ferrari but not having the money to buy its insurance lol. Liverpool are in the mud and soon moaner Klopp will either get the sack or walk away.
Didn't they beat you to the signing of Nunez and Gakpo in the last 12 months?

Liverpool are stepping up their efforts to sign 23-year-old Crystal Palace and Mali midfielder Cheick Doucoure. (Independent)

Liverpool are also expected to pay 19m euros (£16.2m) for Stuttgart and Japan midfielder Wataru Endo, 30. (Athletic - subscription required)

The club have also revived their interest in 21-year-old Netherlands and Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch. (Mail)

Liverpool have made contact with Fiorentina as they explore a move for midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, according to reports in Italy.

The Morocco international has been linked with a move to either Manchester United or Saudi Arabia all summer, with Amrabat reportedly keen on a switch to Old Trafford.

However, the Red Devils have not been able to get a deal done, still trying to sell some players to rustle up the funds to reinvest in the squad.

Sky in Italy report that Liverpool are looking to take advantage of the situation and have held talks with Fiorentina to try and beat their fierce rivals to one of their key targets.

Liverpool have made contact with Fiorentina as they explore a move for midfielder Sofyan Amrabat, according to reports in Italy.

The Morocco international has been linked with a move to either Manchester United or Saudi Arabia all summer, with Amrabat reportedly keen on a switch to Old Trafford.

However, the Red Devils have not been able to get a deal done, still trying to sell some players to rustle up the funds to reinvest in the squad.

Sky in Italy report that Liverpool are looking to take advantage of the situation and have held talks with Fiorentina to try and beat their fierce rivals to one of their key targets.
Chelsea will probably swoop in and sign him 🤣

Didn't they beat you to the signing of Nunez and Gakpo in the last 12 months?
Not really. We were interested in those players but it wasn’t like we were head to head with Liverpool in the transfer negotiations and they chose them over us.

The construction firm responsible for building Liverpool's new Anfield Road stand has filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators.

The Buckingham Group is the principal contractor on the project to expand the Reds' stadium by 7,000 seats. The £80m project has already been hit by delays, with a current target of mid-October for completion.

According to Construction Enquirer, the £700m turnover Buckingham Group, which has 600 staff, filed the notice of intention to appoint administrators yesterday (Wednesday), which gives the firm 10 days to keep creditors away.

Reports state that the news follows changes at board level at the company, with managing director Ian McSeveney resigning over long-term health issues. He has been replaced by Simon Walkley, who had been acting deputy group MD.

A notice of intention to appoint administrators is when a company files a document to a court to make clear that it intends to go into administration if a solution cannot be found to its immediate financial problems.

Work on Liverpool’s Anfield Road Stand began in September 2021, with hopes that it would be ready in time for the start of the new 2023/24 season - but the project has been met with delays.

Only the lower tier will be open in time for the Cherries' visit to Anfield this weekend, with the new upper tier not expected to open until after the international break in September. LFC said it will now work with Buckingham on the planned phased opening after that.

A previous setback came when Essex-based cladding contractor SD Samuels - which was working on the roofing and cladding for the new stand - filed for administration in January.

In July, Liverpool FC was forced to delay the results of its ticket ballot for supporters due to uncertainty over the capacity of its £80m Anfield Road redevelopment.

Responding to the news, a Liverpool FC spokesperson said: "Buckingham Group has made us aware that it has filed for a notice of intention to appoint administrators. This filing does not impact the planned opening of the new Anfield Road Stand’s lower tier on Saturday for the match against Bournemouth.

“Following the successful test events earlier this week, Liverpool City Council’s building control team issued a safety certificate to operate the lower tier of the Anfield Road Stand and we look forward to welcoming supporters to Anfield for our first Premier League home game of the season against Bournemouth.

“We will work with Buckingham Group on the planned phased opening of the remainder of the new stand and will continue to keep supporters updated on arrangements for future games. Specifically, our intention is to update all supporters who have a ticket for the Aston Villa match at the earliest opportunity.”

Wataru Endo isnt a bad signing, very experienced and cool head who can do a job as no6.

Its more important to focus on gelling the team so we can go on a long winning run.

With Arsenal and Utd looking avg atm , LFC need to a few wins in a row early on.

Liverpool have signed midfielder Wataru Endo from Stuttgart for a fee of about £16.2m (19m euros), subject to a work permit and international clearance.

The 30-year-old Japan international has agreed a four-year contract.

Liverpool have brought in Endo after missing out on Ecuador international Moises Caicedo and Belgian midfielder Romeo Lavia to Chelsea.

Endo can also play at centre-back but has been signed primarily as a central defensive midfielder.

"It feels amazing," he said. "It's always been a dream to play in the Premier League and with one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's a dream come true for me.

"I think I can help this club defensively and I will have good organisation in the middle."

The signing of Japan captain Endo, who was also Stuttgart's skipper, follows the departures of midfielders Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from the Reds this summer.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has already secured reinforcements in the middle of the park, with new purchases Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai starting the opening 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Bbc

Endo looks the perfect fit not only for the team , with his intelligence, hard work at CMD but his attitude is perfect for LFC.

Injury free he could be another genius Klopp signing! Looking forward to watching him play.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes Alexis Mac Allister's red card should be rescinded, arguing his side had been "punished enough" by the dismissal.

The 24-year-old Argentina midfielder, who joined in a £35m summer move from Brighton, was sent off after 58 minutes of the 3-1 victory over Bournemouth.

Mac Allister faces a three-game suspension after he clipped the foot of Ryan Christie and was shown a red card.

"It's harsh, this shouldn't have been a red card," said Klopp.

"It's a mistake and the punishment of playing 40 minutes with 10 men is already punishment enough. We have to talk to the authorities.

"There was contact but there is contact in a game all the time. If he gives a yellow card nobody would say, 'by the way you need to have another look at that'.

"The amount of times I've already been asked about it shows it is worth discussing again, which we will probably do.

"I asked Macca and he said 'he touched him, but not really'. If we have a list of points of what you need to give a red card, besides contact there's no other box ticked."

Bournemouth took the lead through Antoine Semenyo in the third minute. Liverpool equalised with Luis Diaz's goal in the 27th and then went ahead when Mohamed Salah knocked in nine minutes later after his penalty had been saved.

It was 2-1 at the time of Mac Allister's red card, although Diogo Jota added a third goal for the Reds four minutes later as Liverpool extended their unbeaten home run in the Premier League to 13 matches.

Match of the Day host Gary Lineker, writing on social media, called the sending off decision a "nonsense" and said the "referee and VAR were having a bad day".

Paul Tierney was the video assistant referee and the sending off was the second controversial decision of the match.

Liverpool were awarded a first-half penalty when Dominik Szoboszlai went to ground despite minimal contact from Joe Rothwell, although the Bournemouth midfielder had an outstretched leg when the Hungarian fell.

Bournemouth boss Andoni Iraola, who called the sending off "more like orange", than red, was also unhappy with the officials for the spot-kick, which led to Liverpool's second goal as Salah converted the rebound after Neto had parried the penalty.

"I think it's very, very soft," said the Spaniard. "Once the referee whistles I didn't think the VAR will change it but at the moment it was very important for us. A penalty has to be something that affects the game."

Former England striker Dion Dublin felt the officials had got the the key decisions wrong.

On the red card, Dublin, speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, said: "Not a red for me. Downgrade it to a yellow.

"It is a high foot, there is no malice in there. Mac Allister has tried to go in side-footed, not with a straight leg. Both had high feet, both went for the ball, yellow for me."

If Mac Allister's red card is upheld then he will miss the Premier League matches away at Newcastle on 27 August, home to Aston Villa on 3 September and away at Wolves on 16 September.

Alexis Mac Allister: Liverpool to appeal against red card against Bournemouth.

Liverpool will appeal against Alexis Mac Allister's red card in the 3-1 Premier League win over Bournemouth.

The Argentina midfielder, 24, faces a three-game suspension after he clipped Ryan Christie's foot in the 58th minute at Anfield on Saturday.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said it was "harsh" and that his side have been "punished enough" by the dismissal.

Match of the Day host Gary Lineker described the decision as a "nonsense" on social media.

Liverpool were awarded a controversial first-half penalty when Joe Rothwell was adjudged to have fouled Dominik Szoboszlai.

Both decisions were awarded by referee Thomas Bramall without interference from the video assistant referee (VAR).

Howard Webb, chief refereeing officer for Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), said last week that officials "want to be the least interfering" they can be.

On the Premier League's opening weekend, Webb contacted Wolves to apologise after they were denied a late penalty against Manchester United when Andre Onana jumped into Sasa Kalajdzic.

The three officials at the centre of the decision - referee Simon Hooper, VAR Michael Salisbury and assistant VAR Richard West - were overlooked for the following round of fixtures.

BBC

Liverpool's Alexis Mac Allister's red card in Saturday's 3-1 win over Bournemouth has been overturned following a successful appeal.

The Argentina midfielder, 24, was sent off and suspended for three matches after he clipped Ryan Christie's foot in the 58th minute at Anfield.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said the decision was "harsh".

The Reds appealed and the Football Association's Independent Regulatory Commission removed the suspension.

"An independent regulatory commission has removed Alexis Mac Allister's three-match suspension following a claim of wrongful dismissal," the FA said.

Match of the Day host Gary Lineker had described the sending off decision as "nonsense" on social media.

Liverpool chief executive Billy Hogan has provided a detailed update on the situation surrounding work on the club's stalled Anfield Road stand, and how it will impact supporters.

Work has stopped on the £80m development of the stand - which aims to expand the stadium's capacity by 7,000 seats - after the main contractor, Buckingham Group, filed a notice of administration last Thursday. The site has remained chained up since that notice was filed, with sub-contractors and workers locked out and concerns raised about when the £80m project will now be completed.

The lower tier of the new stand was open for the Reds' first home game of the season, the 3-1 win over Bournemouth, but questions remain about how long it will now be before the rest of the stand can be opened to fans.

Mr Hogan today provided a major update on the situation as it stands at Anfield and what it will mean for the progress of the redevelopment and for supporters planning to attend matches in the near future.

Speaking about the events of the past few days, Mr Hogan said: "On Thursday morning, essentially Buckingham put their notice in for their intention to file for administration, so that came just a couple of days before the Bournemouth match.

"We already had plans at that point to open the lower tier which again, we obviously executed safely for the game so I just want to thank everybody for their commitment and dedication in making that happen. It’s inevitable that if Buckingham do enter into administration, and that is something that we’re waiting to see, then they will have a number of creditors.

"Obviously there will be a ripple effect on all of their employees, the various contracts, suppliers, sub-contractors, so due to the uncertainty surrounding Buckingham’s future we absolutely recognise the effect that this is having on people and their jobs and people’s livelihoods so obviously our thoughts are also with the employees at Buckingham, their suppliers, sub-contractors who, like we do, face a level of uncertainty, not just for their livelihoods but their families as well."

Brilliant last 15 minutes from Liverpool.

Went for it and Newcastle crumbled.

Huge 3 points.

1st half, poor from Liverpool and poor from Klopp.

2nd half, incredible work rate from LFC after being down to 10 men. Klopp showed his genius in the 2nd half, the subsitions were spot on , not just the personnell but the timing. His tactics to get tight in the middle worked well, as Newcastle play through the lines after going back to defence.

The finishes from Darwin were world class!

This win against the odds will give LFC huge belief going forward. If we win v Villa at home, it will be 10 points out of 12.

St James Park was so vocal, loud but fell silent like a pin drop after final whistle. :klopp

Virgil van Dijk: Liverpool defender charged by FA after red card against Newcastle

Virgil van Dijk has been charged by the Football Association for acting in an "improper manner" after being sent off in Liverpool's win at Newcastle.

The Liverpool captain was shown a straight red card in the 29th minute at St James' Park on Sunday for fouling Newcastle forward Alexander Isak.

The defender appeared to argue with referee John Brooks while the incident was reviewed by VAR.

The FA says it is alleged Van Dijk used "abusive and/or insulting words".

"Virgil van Dijk has been charged with a breach of FA rule E3.1 following Liverpool's Premier League game against Newcastle United on Sunday, 27 August," said the FA in a statement.

"It's alleged that the defender acted in an improper manner and/or used abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official after being sent off in the 29th minute."

The 32-year-old Netherlands centre-back, who also appeared to argue with the fourth official before making his way down the tunnel, has until Friday to respond to the charge.

Currently, Van Dijk will serve a one-match ban for the initial red card and miss Liverpool's next game against Aston Villa on Sunday.

BBC

Liverpool transfers: Bayern Munich's Ryan Gravenberch in talks over Anfield switch

Liverpool are in discussions with Bayern Munich over Ryan Gravenberch.

As revealed by Sky Sports News, the midfielder was on Jurgen Klopp's midfield shortlist last summer before opting for the Bundesliga team over a switch to Anfield.

Sky Sports News also revealed in April Gravenberch was enthused by the opportunity to steer his development back on track at Liverpool.

The talks with Bayern are to ascertain their valuation of the 21-year-old before a formal offer is submitted if a deal suits all parties. Liverpool are assessing multiple midfield options ahead of the window closing.

The Netherlands international was on a shortlist of options that also featured Aurelien Tchouameni, Enzo Fernandez, Nicolo Barella and the then-unavailable Jude Bellingham for the Premier League club to strengthen their midfield ahead of this season.

Bayern rapidly tied up a deal for Gravenberch from Ajax to beat Liverpool and other European rivals but he has been afforded just 711 minutes of playing time since that transfer, with Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka preferred.

Ryan's agent is now Jose Fortes Rodrigues from Raiola. Rafaela Pimenta, who had done work on the player's behalf previously, is no longer part of the Raiola organisation.

So far, there has been no concrete offer, while Gravenberch - who was signed from Ajax last summer for €18m - would be the fourth midfielder Liverpool have recruited this summer.

Bayern rapidly tied up a deal for Gravenberch from Ajax to beat Liverpool and other European rivals but he has been afforded just 711 minutes of playing time since that transfer, with Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka preferred.

Ryan's agent is now Jose Fortes Rodrigues from Raiola. Rafaela Pimenta, who had done work on the player's behalf previously, is no longer part of the Raiola organisation.

So far, there has been no concrete offer, while Gravenberch - who was signed from Ajax last summer for €18m - would be the fourth midfielder Liverpool have recruited this summer.

Ajax are also understood to have a seven-and-a-half per cent sell-on clause in their agreement with Bayern last summer for Gravenberch.

The German champions batted away January loan approaches for the midfielder, which included one from his former manager Erik ten Hag.

Manchester United then signed Marcel Sabitzer on a temporary deal instead.

Gravenberch has been among United's options in the current window, but they are pressing ahead with a move for Sofyan Amrabat.

Liverpool agreed fee in region of €40m (£34.2m) to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch; the midfielder will sign a five-year-deal at Anfield and is flying to Merseyside on Thursday night to complete the deal.

Liverpool agreed fee in region of €40m (£34.2m) to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch; the midfielder will sign a five-year-deal at Anfield and is flying to Merseyside on Thursday night to complete the deal.
Good signing and that helps balance and stability of their midfield

What's he like this guy? I've not seen much of him.

What's he like this guy? I've not seen much of him.

No one has really, only started 3 games for Bayern last season! And 1 short sub appearance this season. Remains to be seen what Klopp can mould him into, as he's only 21, but don't think he'll be pulling up any trees this year.

Back