[PICTURES] Liverpool FC | 2023/24 Season

TEN YEARS AGO TODAY: Steven Gerrard slipped against Chelsea after previously saying "this does not slip" to his team-mates.

Liverpool lost 2-0 and went on to finish 2nd. 😂FB_IMG_1714208976624.jpg

Liverpool agree compensation for Slot.

I like the guy. Especially when he first came through and was racking up them 180s

Michael_van_Gerwen_400px_Jan2020_5-b009fef1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sold on arne slot hope I wrong

But judging the Dutch experiment man utd had with van haal and ten hag

And Tottenham had with Martin jol

I don't expect miracles.

Not sold on arne slot hope I wrong

But judging the Dutch experiment man utd had with van haal and ten hag

And Tottenham had with Martin jol

I don't expect miracles.
There never has been a good Dutch manager in PL

Fair dos, title challenge is over, remind me again how many titles and CL Arsenal have won during Kopp's reign?

Fair dos, title challenge is over, remind me again how many titles and CL Arsenal have won during Kopp's reign?
Oh dear that old chestnut, typical default questions from Liverpool fans.

Why not tell me about liverpools 19 league titles and 6 CL.

This is why Liverpool fans are seen as sore losers. Always have to go back to "history" rather than accepting you bottler the title.

I'm man enough to admit Arsenal bottled it last year.

Time for Liverpool fans to celebrate Demba Ba day in great fashion

By the time Arteta’s reign is over, Klopp will not be fit to lace his boots. Arteta will walk over Klopp’s Liverpool legacy. This is just the beginning for his Arsenal.

Streets won’t forget how Liverpool bottled a 10 point lead this season and this is the second time it has happened (previously 2018-19) under Klopp.

Bridesmaid.

Good thing Klopp is leaving Liverpool. He has been rag-dolled by Arteta in the league in the last two seasons and it will continue for the next few seasons. Time for Slot to suffer.

The question should be how many titles has Klopp won during his own reign.

Focus on his achievements...

He'll be remembered for matching Blackburn and Leicester.

You guys did alrite. It's still not over. Never say never.

I'm playing bro. Banter aside Klopp is a G

Oh dear that old chestnut, typical default questions from Liverpool fans.

Why not tell me about liverpools 19 league titles and 6 CL.

This is why Liverpool fans are seen as sore losers. Always have to go back to "history" rather than accepting you bottler the title.

I'm man enough to admit Arsenal bottled it last year.

Time for Liverpool fans to celebrate Demba Ba day in great fashion
I've also said its over, so what is the answer?

Jurgen is leaving at the right time after seeing him fighting with Salah like that. It seemed Jurgen felt Ham's equalizer could have been avoided had Salah been on the pitch a few seconds earlier. The season without being a disaster has been an average one at best. I also feel Jurgen will return to the Anfield hot seat one day for a second spell. It is no coincidence that his lack of energy he's been on about can be seen in how the have performed over the last few weeks too.

We need to make some changes particularly in defence and by selling Salah. As for Slot where s Dutch managers do struggle in the EPL I am willing to give him a proper chance to exert his playing style. Roll on next season, we walk on with hope in our hearts. This is just a storm, a golden sky with the sweetest sound of the lark awaits us again:klopp.

The Answer is your deflecting attention from klopps underwhelming record whilst at liverpool
I'm not even demanding an apology. Just a simple and straightforward answer which should take the form of a numerical value. Again, how many titles and CL?

I'm not even demanding an apology. Just a simple and straightforward answer which should take the form of a numerical value. Again, how many titles and CL?
Number of trophies Arsenal have or haven't won whilst klopp is in charge is irrelevant.

The number of PL or CL is zero

Liverpool fans alway like to go on and on about their 19 league titles, 6 CLs and being most successful English club. Which is fair enough.

Yet when it comes to klopp, Liverpool fans want to make excuses like "Liverpool are up against Pep etc"

Klopp should have won 3 PL title in his 9 years. Instead he won 1.

In the CL, fair enough their is no shame losing two finals to Real Madrid. So from that point 1 CL is decent return.

Being biggest club in England, Liverpool who want to celebrate their history, stop now celebrating competing.

It's actually embarrassing, in saying that all big clubs in England baring man city behave in this way.

Klopp 9 years is been decent at best.

Liverpool should look to flog Salah to Saudi for 100M+ and you will probably see Diaz leave aswell so they should be looking at 150M to spend on forwards.

The way Liverpool play football based on get ball quickly and playing on counter then Watkins or Toney and Bowen would be best players for them to target

'Salah was the one out of order in Klopp clash'​

Mohamed Salah was "out of order" for arguing with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on the touchline during Saturday's 2-2 draw at West Ham United, says former Premier League striker Chris Sutton.

Salah had been dropped for the game and clashed with Klopp as he prepared to come on as a 79th-minute substitute.

The draw leaves Liverpool, who are out of the Europa League, five points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City.

Sutton felt the incident did not reflect well on the 31-year-old, who is the Reds' top scorer this season with 24 goals but has not been at his best in recent games.

"I didn’t like it but I think Mo Salah is the one who was out of order," Sutton said on BBC Radio 5 Live's Monday Night Club.

"He is no different to any of his Liverpool team-mates and the truth is his form hasn’t been good since he has come back from the injury.

"It is nothing against Salah and the brilliant player he has been at Liverpool. He has been phenomenal but I think there is a line and unfortunately for him he crossed it."

Klopp, who is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season, brought Salah to Anfield in June 2017 and he has consistently been one of his most influential players.

But Sutton believes Klopp was well within his rights to choose the first XI he felt gave Liverpool the best chance of securing victory.

“You can’t live on the past," added Sutton.

“It is the here and now and Klopp decided to leave him out. That is his prerogative. He is the manager and Salah is no different to the rest of his team-mates.”

Salah seemed frustrated at something Klopp said to him as he was about to be brought on, and seemed to want to prolong the altercation before team-mates Darwin Nunez and Joe Gomez shepherded him away.

Afterwards, Salah declined interview requests, saying: “There’s going to be a fire today if I speak.”

Former Everton midfielder Leon Osman also felt the incident did not reflect well on the Egypt forward.

“If you act like that you are showing disrespect to your team-mates as well as the manager by basically saying ‘I should definitely be playing before them’," Osman said.

“Yes he has been their best player but you are all part of the squad, you all rotate for the most part, you shake hands when you go off the field because you have the same goal to try and win football matches.

“It is a sad end to the run they have had and the relationship they have had.”

Source: BBC

Van Dijk wants to be part of Liverpool transition​

Captain Virgil van Dijk says he "loves" Liverpool and wants to be part of the club's transition after the departure of manager Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp will leave after nine years at Anfield at the end of the season with a deal agreed for Feyenoord boss Arne Slot to replace him.

Van Dijk's contract runs out at the end of the 2024-25 season, leading to some speculation the Netherlands centre-back could leave the club.

"There will be a big transition and I am part of that," Van Dijk, 32, said.

"I think the club is very much busy with who is going to be the new manager and that is the main focus.

"Like I said I am very happy here, I love the club and you can see that as well.

"It's a big part of my life already, and that is all I can say."

After their 4-2 win over Tottenham on Sunday, Liverpool travel to Aston Villa next week before hosting Wolves in Klopp's final game in charge on 19 May.

The Reds are third in the Premier League table, four points behind Manchester City and five behind Arsenal with two games left to play.

They have won six major trophies during the German's tenure while Slot, who has won the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup at Feyenoord, has never managed outside of the Netherlands.

"There will be a lot of changes happening and, I wouldn't say scary is the right word, but it is quite interesting and exciting what will happen now," Van Dijk said.

All of Klopp's major trophies have come since Van Dijk joined for £75m from Southampton - then a world-record fee for a defender - in January 2018.

"I am really proud I played for him, fought for the badge and him and count the success we had over the years as well," said the defender.

"It will be emotional on the last day but it is a part of life sometimes. Many things are happening behind the scenes but we focus on matchdays and that is our duty, our job and we want to perform for the last six points."

Source: BBC

Back