[PICTURES] Liverpool FC | 2023/24 Season

@PakLFC Please don't hide. I appreciate the time difference where you are in India might mean you're asleep but when you wake up can you tell us what happened to Liverpool?

@PakLFC Please don't hide. I appreciate the time difference where you are in India might mean you're asleep but when you wake up can you tell us what happened to Liverpool?
Why would i be hiding? We lost a match by one goal. There is nothing to be embarrassed about at all. I don't visit this website daily therefore there could be a delay to my response. I am not in or from India, alhumdolillah! I am 100% of Pak ethnicity lad!

We should have won the match after having scored 3 goals at OT. Man Utd probably shaded it overall just when I was preparing for penalties. Our goalie should have done better with a few goals we conceded. Probably would have won it if Alisson was between the sticks but overall it's okay. There is still plenty for us to play for this season.

Why would i be hiding? We lost a match by one goal. There is nothing to be embarrassed about at all. I don't visit this website daily therefore there could be a delay to my response. I am not in or from India, alhumdolillah! I am 100% of Pak ethnicity lad!
🤣 excuses as usual FB_IMG_1710745992484.jpg

Confirmed: Liverpool appoint Richard Hughes as new sporting director​

Liverpool FC have confirmed the appointment of Richard Hughes as the club’s new sporting director, working under the returning Michael Edwards.

Hughes arrives after 10 years at Bournemouth, where he served the majority of his time as their technical director.

The club have announced that his new position will officially start on June 1, when his stay at Bournemouth officially ends.

He will be in charge of negotiating transfers and contracts, while liaising closely with the club’s recruitment staff, taking over the role from the already departed Jorg Schmadtke.

Hughes’ work behind the scenes may not be familiar to fans, but he may ring more bells for the times he played for Portsmouth and Bournemouth – he faced the Reds on nine different occasions in the 2000s.

The 44-year-old will work within a newly restructured hierarchy at the club, which now includes Edwards, the CEO of Football within FSG, chief executive Billy Hogan, head of recruitment Dave Fallows and chief scout Barry Hunter.

Hughes, alongside Edwards, will be tasked with negotiating the appointment and arrival of Liverpool’s next manager, with Xabi Alonso and Sporting CP manager Ruben Amorim among the leading contenders.

Liverpool’s new sporting director has an existing relationship with Edwards, with the pair having met during their Portsmouth days, when Hughes was a player and Edwards a performance analyst.

As for the 44-year-old's work at Bournemouth, he helped bring in the likes of Aaron Ramsdale (£800k), Nathan Ake (£20m), Dominic Solanke (£19m), Philip Billing (£15m) and Lloyd Kelly ( £13m).

In addition to player signings and sales, he also played a key role in Bournemouth landing Andoni Iraola as their manager.

His policy is much like the one we have seen at Liverpool throughout Jurgen Klopp‘s tenure, with a focus on signing quality players who are good people and have the right attitude.

Hughes ticks plenty of boxes for the Reds, and he is set for a busy few months ahead as the club find their feet in a post-Klopp era.

🤣🤣 where was the mentality today?
It was a one off cup game, and I just had that feeling United were going to win as the match progressed, they got to beat Liverpool at some point right? After all the previous hammerings.

Klopp actually helped United when he took off Salah and Robertson and replaced them with kids. No Salah meant the fear factor had gone and United could counter at will.

The cup would have been a nice to have (in addition to league cup already won) but I'm not overly fussed we're out of it. Just means Utd are likely to get skelped by City in the final again so we can all have a good laugh.

But, after the intl break, as far as Pool are concerned, onwards and upwards with the title charge!

YNWA

Liverpool and Bayern Munich trying to appoint Xabi Alonso, says Uli Hoeness​

Bayern Munich honorary president Uli Hoeness says the club are competing with Liverpool to appoint Xabi Alonso as manager.

Spaniard Alonso, a former player of both clubs, is on the brink of guiding Bayer Leverkusen to their first German Bundesliga title.

Bayern and Liverpool are both looking to appoint new managers this summer.

"Clubs like Liverpool, Real Madrid, Leverkusen and FC Bayern are working on it," Hoeness told Ran Sport.

"He's proven that he can be a coach for the big time. There are hardly any coaches who come into question who are currently free, who don't have a job or who are on sabbatical.

"It's not so easy to tell them that FC Bayern is the measure of all things."

Thomas Tuchel will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season, while Jurgen Klopp announced his decision to step down at Liverpool in January. The Reds are second in the Premier League, level on points with leaders Arsenal.

Carlo Ancelotti, the Real Madrid manager, extended his deal with the club until 2026 in December. Alonso spent five years as a player at Real in between his stints at Liverpool and Bayern.

Alonso's deal at Leverkusen runs until 2026.

Real Madrid are monitoring Trent Alexander-Arnold's contract situation at Liverpool.

Current deal expires in June '25 with no talks underway as of now.

Liverpool have not indicated any desire to sell at this stage.

There's no indication of player's views so far.

Trent is red through and through. I would be damned if he signed for Real Madrid a showcase cub that changes players like people do clothes. According to reports if Xabi leaves us it will most likely be for Bayern Munich. It would be the strangest choice ever to be competing for the same tournaments that he will most likely win at his current club. It could that he feels it is too early for him to manage the mighty Liverpool FC at this stage of his career. That said, he may not ever get another chance to become our manager if a Rubin Amorim comes in and does wonders. Whatever happens I am confident that Michael Edwards and Richard Hughes will get it right. YNWA.

Jayden Danns is treasuring the opportunity of being coached by Jürgen Klopp having broken into Liverpool’s senior squad during the final months of the manager’s reign

Teenage striker Danns has enjoyed a remarkable start to his time within Klopp’s group.

Since late February, the Scouser has made four senior appearances, scored twice at Anfield, claimed a Carabao Cup winner’s medal and signed a new long-term contract with his boyhood club.

Of course, 2023-24 will be Klopp’s final season in charge of the Reds and Danns has spoken of his eagerness to maximise the time he has left with the manager and his staff.

“To be honest, every time I’ve spoken with the boss he’s just been really encouraging and he’s probably the perfect role model,” the 18-year-old told Liverpoolfc.com.

“As a manager, personally I think he is the best manager in the world and when you look at him you’re a bit starstruck and he’s got this aura around him.

“So, yeah, every time you speak with him it’s meaningful and his biggest message is probably to just work hard and even Pep [Lijnders], he has been a big influence in me as well and his message was to work hard and do the same thing as well.

“So, in my mind I am just going to take on what they give me and work as hard as I can to try to perfect my tools and be the best player I can be.”

Danns’ adaption from Academy to senior set-up has been smoothened by the inclusive environment fostered by the more experienced players he now calls teammates.

He added: “To be fair, all of them have been brilliant to me. I mean, they’ve been really welcoming, but I’d say Ibou [Konate] has probably been the biggest one. He’s so bubbly as a character, you can’t describe him as a personality, you go up there and he is like: ‘Dannsy!’

“It’s mental, to be honest, and I’m looking at him still thinking he’s like a film character because I’ve watched him all these years! When he’s putting his arm around you, you just feel at home.

“The whole squad is inspirational, to be honest. I’m coming into a squad that is up there contending for the league and they’ve won big things, so all these players I just try to soak in as much as I can and absorb all the information.

“They’ve all got brilliant things to give you and as a youngster, there’s nothing more you can ask for, really, to be coming into top players and them giving you advice. You look at [Mohamed] Salah and how professional he is and yeah, it’s just brilliant, to be honest.”

Danns went on to state his determination to further enhance the fairy-tale-like story of his debut campaign as a senior player.

“I think the hunger has always been in my belly, even from when I was younger if a player was starting over me I wouldn’t like it,” the forward said.

“So, to be honest, my big goal is to just progress as far as I can go and keep trying to get better as a player, to keep progressing and trying to score goals and do the best for the team. So, the hunger’s not gone, it’s only just started. That first taste is just unbelievable so you just want to keep getting it again and I’m grateful for everything that is coming.

“This is my boyhood club and I’m just grateful to be in this situation. Like I said, the more chances I get the more chances I want to take.

“But if I don’t get them chances I just want to keep working hard and there’s top-class players ahead of you [so] there’s no fuss about whether you’re in or you’re not, you’re just grateful when you’re in and around it, so the chances that I get, I’ll work as hard as I can and try to take them.”

Caoimhin Kelleher would love to repay the faith he has received from Jürgen Klopp by securing more silverware before the manager leaves Liverpool

Having joined the club in the summer of 2015, Kelleher’s Reds spell has aligned almost precisely with that of Klopp, who arrived in October of the same year.

During that time, Kelleher has advanced through the Academy ranks to make 43 senior appearances – 22 of which have come this season.

The Republic of Ireland international is currently deputising for the injured Alisson Becker, and has spoken of his desire to play a part in Klopp departing Anfield on a high.

On the added incentive the players feel in light of the boss’ decision, Kelleher was quoted in a recent matchday programme: “I think maybe a little bit.

“There is that extra one per cent that we want to go on and give him a send-off he deserves, but I think from the start of the season we’ve had the objective to try to win trophies this year.

“We know how good we are as a squad, so I think that’s remained the same really. We just want to keep doing well, take it game by game and hopefully those trophies will come.”

Asked for the biggest lessons he has learned across almost nine years working with Klopp, he continued: “I think he’s always been one just to tell you to always keep your confidence and things like that.

“I think whatever happens, sometimes you might not have a good game or you might not be feeling the best about your game, but he’s always been a positive figure for me and always instils such confidence in me that I’ve always kept that belief in myself.

“He’s really given me a lot of belief just to keep my confidence all the time and believe in how good of a player I am.

“Obviously he’ll be a massive, massive miss. He’s the only manager I’ve had here, so it will be a bit strange but the memories will be really good to look back on.

“He’s given me my chance here and I’ve won trophies in 2022 and this year with him and hopefully maybe a few more before this season is out as well, so it’s been really good and obviously he will be a miss.”

As his 21st birthday looms, Harvey Elliott is ‘not satisfied’ and determined to build on his recent form by contributing to Liverpool’s crucial run-in

The midfielder is now back with the club after representing England U21s in March’s international break, during which he scored two goals and set up two.

For the Reds this term, Elliott has provided three goals and seven assists across 41 appearances – and feels his confidence has grown as the campaign has progressed.

“It’s credit to the coaching staff and the gaffer to give me the opportunities,” he told Liverpoolfc.com at the AXA Training Centre.

“It’s what I’m in the team to do and I’ve taken it upon myself a lot this season. Start of the season, I got a few goals and assists here and there, but I feel like now after a run of games I’m definitely finding my form.

“Confidence-wise, it’s just getting bigger and bigger each and every game. For me, it’s massive. It’s what I’m judged on. I think last season I didn’t do it enough.

“There’s still a little bit left of the season to go so I’m still always wanting more, I’m not satisfied with what I have. I just need to keep going and keep building on it.”

Elliott was speaking ahead of the final phase of the season, with Liverpool in the thick of the Premier League title race and chasing Europa League glory.

The first of a minimum of 12 remaining fixtures sees Brighton & Hove Albion visit Anfield in the league on Sunday (2pm BST kick-off).

Read on for more from our pre-match interview with Elliott as he discusses facing the Seagulls, the squad’s mentality for the run-in and the milestone of his 21st birthday next week.

On the rabona piece of skill he produced during England U21s’ game on Tuesday night...

It was just instinctive, to be honest. I remember doing it but [not] what was going through my mind. It just flicked up nicely for me and I thought, ‘Why not?’ I didn’t really think about it during the time, it just kind of happened all so quick. When everyone was speaking to me after and saying ‘Why did you do it?’ I was like, ‘I’m not actually too sure!’ It’s just part of football, I want to enjoy it, have fun and express myself and I just thought, ‘Why not? Let’s just do it.’ It’s not too bad, at least it came off – I would have looked a bit silly if it didn’t come off! It’s good.

On entering the critical stage of the season and if it’s a different feeling for the final push…

I don’t think we can focus on it too much more than other times really, each and every part of the season is massive and it’s very vital that we come back firing and ready to go and ready for whatever push it is. We all know the importance of the season now, not only in the Premier League, we have the Europa League which is going to be massive as well. So for us it’s just taking it game by game again: preparing, recovering and ticking each game as it comes. As I said, we as a club know the importance of this final push. I just don’t think we can get too worked up over it. But at the same time, we’re ready to go, we’re ready to fight again and we’re ready to go and do absolutely everything we can. We just need to stick as a team and hopefully we can celebrate at the end of the season.

On making the final moments of the season and Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool tenure count…

Absolutely, there’s not many games left. We need to enjoy it as well, especially with the gaffer [leaving]. He has achieved so much and as a club gave us so many experiences. We have won so many trophies under him. So I feel like it would be wrong not to say we need to enjoy these last moments. But the only way we’re going to enjoy it a lot is by winning and that’s our main thought process. We have a job to do, which is [to] make sure we win each and every game. When it comes to it at the end of the season, hopefully we can celebrate as a club and with everyone together celebrate the achievements. But at this moment in time we just need to keep going and keep building on performances. We have another tough game this weekend.

On resetting following the Emirates FA Cup defeat at Manchester United before the international break…

Definitely. I’m always one to say whatever’s happened in the past is in the past now. Obviously the game didn’t really go the way we wanted it to. Myself, a lot of emotions were going through my mind that day. Just to come away for a few weeks, go and play international football and kind of regain that confidence again, go out and play in different circumstances for your countries. I think the lads had a very important international week – a lot of players were amazing and played a lot of minutes. Training has been very lively, everyone is energetic and ready to go and there’s no signs of what’s happened in the past, which is good.

On the challenge he’s expecting from Brighton…

Another big challenge. Each and every game in the Premier League is challenging. You’re not going to know what they’re going to throw at you until the day so we just need to make sure we do the preparations this week, work on things around what they’re going to do. We all know the qualities they have within the team and the manager as well has a clear game plan. For us it’s just about trying to stop it as soon as possible. We have Anfield behind us, the best crowd, and for us it’s about going out and making sure we do our thing, play our game. Hopefully we can get another big win.

On the progress the team has made since the 2-2 draw at Brighton earlier in the season…

It’s all about learning from these kinds of games and situations you get yourself into. It was two points dropped, we felt like we should have won the game. But if you reflect on the season and see how many situations we’ve been a goal behind or been drawing and managed to claw through and get a win, for us it’s all about learning. As a team and as a collective we’ve gained that experience early on in the season which we kind of needed. Throughout the season we’ve put that in place and made sure it hasn’t happened again.

On whether there’s any psychological advantage in having the chance to get three points before Manchester City host Arsenal…

There is that but at the same time I don’t think they’re going to be focusing on us too much. Each and every team has a job to do and all they can focus on is just their game. We don’t look at other teams winning before us, it’s just about making sure we go out and do our job, that’s all we can do really. Whatever happens around us is just around us, we can’t control that. It’s just about us making sure we do what we need to do and whatever happens, happens.

On turning 21 next Thursday…

I feel older, to be honest! I think a lot of people don’t realise I’m 20, turning 21. What I’ve experienced so far in my life, not only in my football career, has been unbelievable. But for me it’s only the start and I just need to keep going. Sometimes I do forget I’m young. I just love football, I just want to keep playing for Liverpool and keep getting these experiences. Hopefully many more to come. Getting old now!

On what his 11-year-old self would think of his progress…

He would be happy! I’ve always had this dream; when I was a kid it was kind of the only thing I was half-good at, football. I felt like I had to invest absolutely everything into it, and so did my family. To be where I am now is unbelievable. But, as I said, I’m not satisfied with what I have, I need to keep going and have that hunger and desire in me to always want more in a selfish way. But in a good way as well because I feel like it’s what drives me on.

Great goal by Salah, cool as a cucumber.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

We're on the right path. Bring it homes boys as Jurgen's parting gift. Brighton also played well too creating a few good chances. This got me thinking how Di Zerbi would perform with a much better budget if he became our next manager. I am sure if offered the job he'd accept it instead of chickening out like Alonso did being happy in his comfort zone. To do well in life you have to get outside your comfort zone and take some risks. I still prefer Ruben Amorim as being Jurgen's replacement.

Very good day for Liverpool, the draw at the Etihad was ideal for them

Think the opta supercomputer has them as favourites for the first time and I can understand why

Conor Bradley saluted the brilliance of Alexis Mac Allister after his starring role in Liverpool's 2-1 win over Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League

Mac Allister was a key figure in the Reds' turnaround against his former club at Anfield on Sunday, providing the assist for Mohamed Salah's second-half winner.

Bradley hailed the No.10's all-round contribution that saw him scoop up Carlsberg Player of the Match honours afterwards.

"He's just an unbelievable footballer," Bradley told Liverpoolfc.com. "I've never seen someone retain the ball so well. He's so calm on the ball and he's so composed.

"He's just a wonderful footballer and he's a joy to play with. I can't praise him enough, to be honest."

Mac Allister and his teammates responded well in L4, having fallen behind to Danny Welbeck's opening goal inside 90 seconds.

Luis Diaz equalised midway through the first half, setting the stage for Salah to clinch the three points after the break.

Bradley assessed: "It was a very tough game. Obviously it was disappointing to go 1-0 down so early, but I thought our reaction after the goal was brilliant and I think we created so many chances. We could have scored more on another day.

We're buzzing with the win.

"It was a perfect response from the goal. If you're going to concede early, I don't think it's too bad. You've got loads of time to recover from it.

"I thought the response after it was brilliant and the chances we created were really good. Probably on another day we tuck away a few more but we're happy with the result."

A goalscorer for Northern Ireland during the international break, Bradley started and completed the full match against Brighton, in which he was involved in regular duels with the tricky Simon Adingra on the flank.

"He was really good down my side," the 20-year-old said. "It was a difficult game but I like to test myself against these types of players.

"It's good for me and it's a good learning experience. I'm really happy with how it went.

"It's been a mental couple of months and obviously the last week has been really good. Getting the first goal for my country was special and then to come back to Liverpool and get the three points, I'm really happy and I just want to keep going now.

"The games just keep coming, so we've just got to keep preparing, keep focused and just keep going and hopefully keep winning."

LFC injury update: Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Bajcetic, Endo, Jota and Robertson​

Jürgen Klopp has revealed Curtis Jones and Andy Robertson are set to be available for Liverpool's Premier League meeting with Sheffield United, but that Wataru Endo's fitness needs to be monitored.

Jones has made a return to full training after recovering from the injury he sustained away at Brentford in the middle of February, while Robertson sat out the win over Brighton & Hove Albion.

Elsewhere, Klopp reported Endo picked up a knock in last weekend's victory at Anfield, along with positive updates on Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alisson Becker, Stefan Bajcetic and Diogo Jota.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday, the boss said: "Curtis is in training, full training, and is in contention. Yeah, that's it pretty much.

"The other boys [are] doing well. Diogo and Trent are together in a group, which helps both, but [it] looks like from next week on they will be hopefully in parts of team training, and then we will see the rest.

"Ali is with the goalkeeper coaches, so I just see them through the fence, but that looks good as well. I think in his mind as well, next week parts of team training."

He later added: "Curtis is back, that doesn't mean he can play 90 minutes, he can play a few minutes."

Klopp continued: "He [Bajcetic] trains now fully with the U21s this week. That means we will take him in training next week to us and then we will see. Another one coming and that's super-important.

"Wataru, what a player, what a guy. He got a knock in the last game, so we have to see for tomorrow what we can do with him."

And when asked if Robertson would return, Klopp stated: "Yeah, and very important, by the way."

Reds go marching on - back to the top where they belong, not giving up on the title this easily blud.

Jürgen Klopp declared himself pleased with Liverpool's ability to adjust tactically in Thursday night's 3-1 victory over Sheffield United at Anfield

Alexis Mac Allister's stunning strike 14 minutes from the end helped the Reds regain top spot in the Premier League and stay two points clear of Arsenal.

Klopp's men went 1-0 up in the first half when Darwin Nunez charged down an attempted clearance out from goalkeeper Ivo Grbic.

The visitors equalised just before the hour mark through Gustavo Hamer's header deflecting in off Conor Bradley, but the lead was regained courtesy of Mac Allister's beautiful Kop-end hit and increased by Cody Gakpo late on.

On the manner of the win...

As a manager, you have to take it like you get it. I would prefer to be 5-0 up at that moment already but that's tricky. We scored one of my favourite goals ever, 1-0, because I think from time to time a striker needs that kind of thing. I ask him quite a lot to press the opponent and it's quite rare that you get really close enough to have this kind of block, but he did and then scores, 1-0. That's great. And then these kind of games are difficult. Low block, obviously learning that their set-pieces are really difficult after 20 seconds when they could have been 1-0 up, which would have been really funny again, and then in the next corner again the ball goes through and there is nobody at the far post – thank God, otherwise that would have been again a big chance.

Then obviously we controlled the game but there are different ways to control a football game and the way we controlled it today was not the right one with not enough creating. I don't expect now that we have chance after chance after chance because they didn't even have counter-attacks if I'm right. If I would have asked the boys for the counter-press, it was not necessary because we won the ball back anyway, so it's like you don't even have these kind of moments. What you have to do, we saw that after 60 minutes. You have to accelerate, you have to speed up, you have to overlap, underlap – and that's what we did all of a sudden.

The example, Robbo [Andy Robertson] going down the line constantly, which was really helpful. That's the problem, the game was a difficult one to get rhythm but we should have had a better rhythm than we had. That's what we got after 60 or whatever. OK, we needed then Macca's wondergoal obviously to turn it properly around, but the third goal was exactly like it should have been before already, these kind of moments – Robbo full speed, wonderful cross, sensational header and then we won the game.

In the end, all good. I don't know when we face next time a similar challenge, probably all the other games are now different, especially the next one. But super-positive the boys on, Curtis [Jones] back, Robbo trained now three days or so, really helpful, Harvey [Elliott]. Cody, not out but a really good game, which he needed as well. Really pleased and that helps obviously. Nobody got injured already as far as I know today, so recovery started already and now we recover and go again.

On Mac Allister...

I would rather prefer you all use your eyes and just say what you see because it's obvious, I would say. Super-important player for us, what a wonderful boy. I met his dad after the game, he said 'thank you', I said 'gracias'! That was the full conversation. 'Hola' I said as well and then my Spanish ends. Wonderful player, wonderful boy. I'm really happy for Liverpool that we got him.

On Mac Allister playing in an advanced role...

I understand 100 per cent that that's coming now but he played a good game in the first half already. It was not about him being in the position. It makes probably even more sense. But all the movements around were then not exactly like [they] should have been. If we talk about Macca and is he better on eight or six, they are two different subjects to talk about. One is this defensive part – that was obviously really good – where people probably were doubting him a little bit, 'Can he be this kind of defensive midfielder?' But for the other position, he could have had a similar impact.

Yes, I prefer him as well on eight but we are not living in dreamland, so we had the problem on the position tonight and, in the end, it worked out. But yes, the impact, we saw as well that it would be helpful to have him between the lines, between the right lines, their last line. That's why we changed. But then we changed back to a double six – there he was deeper again. I don't even exactly know when he scored – if it was from the double six, probably, where we played already 4-4-2, I think, and it was not on eight. But the impact he can have is massive everywhere.

Should have been 2 or 3 nil up at half time today against Man Utd.

Is today the day that the Premier League has slipped out of the hands of Liverpool I wonder.

It’s a draw but for Liverpool it will feel like a loss. The game should have been done and dusted before HT.

Jurgen Klopp has warned Manchester United they will get beaten by Arsenal next month if they play like they did against his Liverpool side.

Klopp urged Liverpool to "stay calm" after losing the Premier League leadership this weekend, drawing 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

United could yet help Klopp's side, as they host Arsenal - the new leaders - on the season's penultimate weekend.

However, Klopp fears United need to up their game if they are to halt Mikel Arteta's side.

"Probably," said the Liverpool boss, when asked if he would be cheering for United on 11 May. "If we are still around then that would be great.

"But Arsenal are a good football team. If they [United] play like today, Arsenal will win the game, I am 100% sure. I am sorry to say that."

BBC

The Quansah error will go down in history like the Gerrard slip that cost us the title back then. Our forward line is not good enough particularly Nunez. As for Salah if the fasting is effecting him so much like it seems then it is better that he doesn't play. We have been missing our best finisher Jota like mad costing us a good many points. This match was very much like the recent FA Cup one where we dominated but could not deliver the killer punch. As it stands we need to score plenty of goals to catch up with Arsenal's goal difference advantage. I said it for Arsenal and will say it for us too that if you don't defeat your closest title rivals then you don't deserve to win the title. We have failed to defeat Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City in the league this season. As Man City have the easier run in they are favourites now where as Arsenal with the much tougher run in will drop points.

The Quansah error will go down in history like the Gerrard slip that cost us the title back then. Our forward line is not good enough particularly Nunez. As for Salah if the fasting is effecting him so much like it seems then it is better that he doesn't play. We have been missing our best finisher Jota like mad costing us a good many points. This match was very much like the recent FA Cup one where we dominated but could not deliver the killer punch. As it stands we need to score plenty of goals to catch up with Arsenal's goal difference advantage. I said it for Arsenal and will say it for us too that if you don't defeat your closest title rivals then you don't deserve to win the title. We have failed to defeat Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City in the league this season. As Man City have the easier run in they are favourites now where as Arsenal with the much tougher run in will drop points.
City have failed to beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs (and they have the tough away game to play) so if you make that argument then they don't deserve to win either

I don't agree with that stance, ultimately if you are first then you deserve that

Let me address this comedy post before I put you back on ignore list.

🤣🤣 you were running your mouth a few weeks about Arsenal's performances in big away games, calling Arsenal bottle jobs. Wait till Arsenal go to eithad.. etc..

Reality is liverpools performances against the traditional big six away are such

Chelsea - draw
Spurs - lost
United - draw
Man city - draw
Arsenal - lost

Not a single win in those 5 games, yet you wanted to call Arsenal out.

The terms people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

All Arsenal fans know we have tough games left and have been grounded and humble about it. Yet as a typical Asian Liverpool fan uve ran your mouth, eaten humble pie and now uve back tracked.

You along with Mamoon, like to make a load of brash statements yet when your wrong (everyone gets things wrong) you start lying and making excuses.

It's actually hilarious to see how quickly uve been humbled. Yeah you can go back to your boring Liverpool have won most CL, titles etc.. the usual cop out topic when Liverpool fans have been humbled.

Last edited by a moderator:
City have failed to beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs (and they have the tough away game to play) so if you make that argument then they don't deserve to win either

I don't agree with that stance, ultimately if you are first then you deserve that
That is so but City are more clinical against lesser sides. They did Man Utd very easily, a tem we could not defeat this season three times. Overall they are still the best side.

Let me address this comedy post before I put you back on ignore list.

🤣🤣 you were running your mouth a few weeks about Arsenal's performances in big away games, calling Arsenal bottle jobs. Wait till Arsenal go to eithad.. etc..

Reality is liverpools performances against the traditional big six away are such

Chelsea - draw
Spurs - lost
United - draw
Man city - draw
Arsenal - lost

Not a single win in those 5 games, yet you wanted to call Arsenal out.

The terms people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

All Arsenal fans know we have tough games left and have been grounded and humble about it. Yet as a typical Asian Liverpool fan uve ran your mouth, eaten humble pie and now uve back tracked.

You along with Mamoon, like to make a load of brash statements yet when your wrong (everyone gets things wrong) you start lying and making excuses.

It's actually hilarious to see how quickly uve been humbled. Yeah you can go back to your boring Liverpool have won most CL, titles etc.. the usual cop out topic when Liverpool fans have been humbled.
Are you Stan Laurel or Oliver Hardy in disguise!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I still stand by what I said about Arsenal back then. Let me also remind you that we drew at Man Utd yesterday. You are making it sound as if they were all over us!! No, you people got to cocky about being so good until I reminded you about the FA Cup match

I am always open to criticizing my team within reason instead of talking garbage like Arsenal fans!. Can you show me where I said that Liverpool's performance against other title contenders this season has been great ?. We were still top of the league when I was mocking Arsenal.

I will keep bashing Arsenal until they win something because they deserve it!.

Are you Stan Laurel or Oliver Hardy in disguise!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I still stand by what I said about Arsenal back then. Let me also remind you that we drew at Man Utd yesterday. You are making it sound as if they were all over us!! No, you people got to cocky about being so good until I reminded you about the FA Cup match

I am always open to criticizing my team within reason instead of talking garbage like Arsenal fans!. Can you show me where I said that Liverpool's performance against other title contenders this season has been great ?. We were still top of the league when I was mocking Arsenal.

I will keep bashing Arsenal until they win something because they deserve it!.
But but ..🤣🙂 stuttering again like uve been slapped around the head..

But but klopps not a bad manager..

But but uve got to go to OT, WHL..

How does United manage to compete with a top team like LFC but go missing rest of the season

How does United manage to compete with a top team like LFC but go missing rest of the season
LFC only got themselves to blame, gifted them the first goal then squandered umpteen chances of their own. I wonder if Nunez tries to improve on his composure in training as he snatches at everything.

But LFC really should be putting this dross away.

LFC only got themselves to blame, gifted them the first goal then squandered umpteen chances of their own. I wonder if Nunez tries to improve on his composure in training as he snatches at everything.

But LFC really should be putting this dross away.
78 shots on goal in 3 games vs united and zero wins. United are trash this season as well

Jürgen Klopp has promised Liverpool will produce a positive reaction to their European disappointment when they take on Crystal Palace in the Premier League this weekend

The Reds suffered a 3-0 defeat against Atalanta in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final at Anfield on Thursday, their first home loss for more than a year.

They do, however, have a chance to respond quickly when they welcome the Eagles to Merseyside on Sunday as the race for the title resumes.

Speaking after the clash with Atalanta, Klopp was asked how he can ensure the disappointment of that result is not carried into the next match.

“First and foremost, I cannot ensure that, never could,” the boss told reporters. “But still it is the job I have to do.

“I don’t think it’s a general low point, even when you can see it like that as well – it was performance-wise a low point. The good thing about a really bad performance is that it’s easy to play better. So we should start from there.

“First and foremost, this tonight must feel bad, and it does. I told the boys, ‘Take it home, nobody will sleep great and then tomorrow we come together.’ The boys who started recover and all the others get a proper session and then you go from there. And then on Saturday we will start preparing for Palace.

“Yes, we have to show a reaction. Definitely, 100 per cent, that is clear. But I cannot plan the reaction 20 minutes after the game. I will think about that. It is now not the first time in my life that I lost a football game, unfortunately.
“And yes, we will show a reaction, I can promise.”

One positive to emerge from Thursday’s game was the return of Diogo Jota, whose appearance as a second-half substitute was his first since suffering a knee injury in February.

Trent Alexander-Arnold was also part of the Reds’ squad, but Klopp says he will need to be more careful with his vice-captain, who has also been sidelined since February, also due to a knee problem.

“There was no chance to play Trent [against Atalanta],” Klopp said. “He was on the bench because we were allowed to put 23 players into the squad.

“He had two sessions. Diogo didn’t have more really but the information from the medical department is [he was a] step ahead, so he can play a little bit longer.

“There is no pressure [to protect players returning from injury], it is just the situation. My job is now not the easiest job in the world, not the most difficult as well, but it’s about when you have players you need to make sure that you get them together on the pitch and that it works out somehow.

“In different line-ups we have played really good football this year, [but] today we didn’t. So that’s the reason why we lost. That can be the headline ‘It didn’t work out’, then it’s absolutely fine and right.

“But we need them all and we need them all aggressive, fit, going for it, a bit angry, full of desire, stuff like this, and not so much dealing with your own situation, like, ‘I’ve no rhythm, I didn’t play for ages’, stuff like this.

“You have to try to avoid that. I think Diogo was absolutely fine tonight [for] 20 minutes, it helped him a lot and now we will see what we can do from there.”

Liverpool ticket prices: Increase goes ahead despite fan protests​

Liverpool will push ahead with plans for ticket prices to increase by 2% for next season, despite protests from supporters.

Fans took a stance against the plans in Thursday night's loss to Atalanta by refusing to display flags in the Kop.

Liverpool representatives met the club's supporters board on Saturday and agreed "more meaningful engagement" is needed over ticket prices.

But the Premier League club stated the 2% increase will "not be reversed".

The club says it has "paused" plans to increase membership prices as a result of the meeting.

Speaking before Thursday's protests, manager Jurgen Klopp said he hoped a "solution" would be found between the club and fans.

"I understand the concerns and the discussion,' said Klopp, who will leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

"What we should make sure is that nothing gets between us and the supporters."

Source: BBC

Jürgen Klopp offered an update on the injury Conor Bradley sustained during Liverpool's defeat by Crystal Palace

The defender was forced from the field in the 48th minute at Anfield on Sunday after picking up an issue following an attempted challenge.

Klopp said during his post-match press conference: "How it is on these days, something like that happens as well.

"Conor overstretched his foot slightly. The first moment and what Conor felt didn't look great, [but] now I heard a little bit that it's settled quite quickly.

"I don't know. Is the ligament damaged or not? I don't know, so we will get this information tomorrow or Tuesday, but it was very painful for him so that's not cool."

Jürgen Klopp offered an update on the injury Conor Bradley sustained during Liverpool's defeat by Crystal Palace

The defender was forced from the field in the 48th minute at Anfield on Sunday after picking up an issue following an attempted challenge.

Klopp said during his post-match press conference: "How it is on these days, something like that happens as well.

"Conor overstretched his foot slightly. The first moment and what Conor felt didn't look great, [but] now I heard a little bit that it's settled quite quickly.

"I don't know. Is the ligament damaged or not? I don't know, so we will get this information tomorrow or Tuesday, but it was very painful for him so that's not cool."

Liverpool right-back Conor Bradley is expected to be out for about three weeks with an ankle injury.

BBC

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes the intensity of the Premier League may be a reason for the struggles endured by Premier League clubs in Europe this week.

The Reds were knocked out of the Europa League at the quarter-final stage after a 3-1 aggregate defeat to Italian side Atalanta.

West Ham were also knocked out of the competition by the same aggregate scoreline against Bayer Leverkusen with Aston Villa's penalty shootout win over Lille in the Conference League.

Those results came on the back of Manchester City and Arsenal crashing out of the Champions League on Wednesday.

“[The Premier League] is the best league in the world,” Klopp said. “I watch a lot of football and when you watch the leagues, whatever other league, Italy improved a lot over the years and back to its best pretty much, Spain is obviously fantastic, Bundesliga is there, France, everywhere they play good football.

“But the Premier League is the most intense league, definitely. Besides Aston Villa, I think all [English] teams are out in the quarter-finals. Without me saying it, maybe someone writes an article about that.”

We've gone off the boil from being in all competitions just a few weeks back to only one now. It began with the defeat to Man Utd in the FA Cup that was an almighty blow in a match that we should have won. The forwards are guilty of missing many chances like Salah did yesterday, he only had to lob it over the keeper. It seems like the entire squad like Jurgen himself has ran out of energy. It is a good time for JK to leave at the end of the season passing the reigns on to someone else with different idea's. Most likely Salah will walk with him too, we should consider selling Nunez as well.

I wanted to see Salah and Nunez start, definitely Salah, I know there's another match mid week but we need to go all out, not doing so has cost us points.

Iwobi, another one with a terrible haircut (like a girl) @Amjid Javed gives it away for Gravenberch to score.

Fulham 1-2 Liverpool, think we will need another goal, can't trust Liverpool with one goal lead.

We have done what we had too. Now hoping that Chelsea take something from Arsenal and Brighton can do the same against City on Thursday. In between we must deliver in the Merseyside Derby. The Everton always come hard at us particularly when they know we are fighting for the title. Good Lord, that Nunez doesnt seem to understand the offside rule always finding himself ahead of the last defender. I also feel the departure of Salah is pending too, he'll walk with JK at the end of the season. No word on the new manager yet has me on tender hooks :) .

What's going on with the manager situation?
Liverpool fans were in denial about not getting their top transfer targets in the summer.

Looking the same way with managers from what I've read....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240422-224510.png
    Screenshot_20240422-224510.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Liverpool fans were in denial about not getting their top transfer targets in the summer.

They are waiting for Mourinho 🤭🤭

Mourinho won’t be a bad short-term option for Liverpool.

Liverpool have got a mature squad that have plenty of experience. Mourinho can instill winning mentality in them and teach them how to win which Klopp was unable to do.

BREAKING: Jurgen Klopp confirms Diogo Jota is out for two weeks with an injury he picked up against Fulham ❌

It’s not really too much of a fan concern atm . When Klopp leaves it will be more heighten.

I would go with Pep Linders , he knows the players & club . I would even take Gerrard . Outsiders have to have a strong personality to connect to the fans .

For now it’s Everton away tomorrow night , which should be an entertaining game

It’s not really too much of a fan concern atm . When Klopp leaves it will be more heighten.

I would go with Pep Linders , he knows the players & club . I would even take Gerrard . Outsiders have to have a strong personality to connect to the fans .

For now it’s Everton away tomorrow night , which should be an entertaining game

He is leaving with Klopp isn't he?

He is leaving with Klopp isn't he?

It’s up to the club to change his mind . Pep is very smart tactically , his book is worth a read .

Replacing the manager is the biggest change , may take years to be up there again winning but klopp has left a talented squad . This is his second team being built , next season it would be ready to hope to win both cl & pl . It would be a movie story if he wins the title in his unexpected last season.

Slot a leading candidate to succeed Klopp​

Feyenoord's Arne Slot is a leading candidate to take over as Liverpool manager from Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp announced in January he would leave Anfield at the end of the season and the Reds have been conducting extensive research around a number of candidates.

The 45-year-old, who led Feyenoord to the 2022-23 Eredivisie title, has emerged as a candidate who fits Liverpool's criteria.

Feyenoord have won the Dutch Cup this season and are second in the Eredivisie.

The decision to appoint Slot has not been made but he has become a strong candidate to succeed Klopp.

He was linked with Leeds United after they sacked manager Jesse Marsch, while Slot also ruled himself out of contention for the Tottenham Hotspur job last summer before Ange Postecoglou took over.

Slot then extended his contract with Feyenoord until 2026.

At the time he was being linked with Spurs, he said: "The next step will not be another club in Holland. If that is the next step, I’ve failed completely in the upcoming few years.

"A normal next step would be to go abroad and I’ve always said that the best league in the world is the Premier League."

The attacking style of Slot, who is also thought to be interesting Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and his ability to develop players are believed to appeal to Liverpool.

Slot became Feyenoord head coach in December 2020 after leaving AZ Alkmaar, where he enjoyed success in his first managerial position.

The former midfielder spent his entire playing career in the Netherlands, making more than 100 appearances for both FC Zwolle and NAC Breda.

Xabi Alonso was linked with the Anfield job but the former Reds midfielder announced in March he would stay on at Bayer Leverkusen, who have since become German champions.

Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben Amorim was another name heavily linked but he is believed to have fallen out of the running.

I don't think a lot of Liverpool fans would be happy to see Slot as club's manager.

Klopp praise for 'world-class' Alexander-Arnold​

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes it will be good for Trent Alexander-Arnold to have a new manager and said the right-back will be a player "people talk about in 40 years".

Klopp, who will leave the Reds at the end of the season, gave Alexander-Arnold his first-team debut in October 2016 shortly after the Anfield club's academy product turned 18.

The 25-year-old has gone on to make more than 300 appearances for the Reds and won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Club World Cup and Super Cup.

Alexander-Arnold, who was made vice-captain by Klopp last summer, has also developed into a player who regularly moves into midfield for Liverpool because of his creative ability.

"He has been a fantastic player from the first day," said Klopp prior to Liverpool's Merseyside derby against Everton on Wednesday. "An outstanding talent and he has turned into a world-class football player.

"It is rare as a manager that you are part of a journey for such a long time. Trent has never had a different manager so it will be good for him to get new influences in the future. But he can be happy with the steps he has made."

Alexander-Arnold scored with a terrific free-kick - another string to his bow - in Liverpool's 3-1 win at Fulham on Sunday as Klopp's team kept their Premier League title hopes very much alive.

"I have nothing bad to say about Trent and his development," Klopp said. "He is one of these stories that not a lot of clubs can write, but he is someone people will talk about in 20, 30 and 40 years."

TAA is surely a world class defender who can contribute in the attack as well.

The Slot news is underwhelming. Dutch Manager at a big club in the PL doesn't tend to go well. ETH's twin

Lets see - he'll get the support of Pool fans that's for sure. They are good like that

TAA is surely a world class defender who can contribute in the attack as well.
TAA is a mediocre defender. He is three levels below world class.

However, he is one of the greatest full-backs in history when it comes to attacking contributions and this is why he is so invaluable for Liverpool.

Why did drama queen Klopp announce his departure midway through the season ? Why not wait until the end ?

Why did drama queen Klopp announce his departure midway through the season ? Why not wait until the end ?
If Liverpool would have won the league, the narrative would have been that Klopp announcing his departure midway through the season inspired and motivated the players to give him a memorable send off.

Now that Liverpool’s title charge has wavered off, people will look to blame Klopp’s announcement for creating pressure on the players.

Klopp and Liverpool had no choice but to make it public. Klopp was always going to inform the club as soon as possible to ensure that they have ample time to prepare for life after him.

Announcing after the season was over would be too late because Liverpool would have to not only buy and sell players in the window but also to deal with the impact of Klopp leaving and then scourge for replacements.

They couldn’t have kept it a secret either because it would have been leaked to the media somehow and there would be constant rumors about his future and it wouldn’t have helped the club either.

Van Dijk questions desire of team-mates after loss

Liverpool captain Virgil van Dijk questioned his side's desire to win the Premier League after a damaging defeat against Merseyside rivals Everton.

With four games left, Liverpool are now hoping for slip-ups from leaders Arsenal, who lie three points clear, and champions Manchester City.

Defeat at Goodison Park was their second in three games as their season threatens to peter out.

"Do they really want to win the league?" asked Van Dijk.

Goals in each half from defender Jarrad Branthwaite and striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin set the Toffees on their way to their first home victory in the league over Liverpool since October 2010.

It was another setback after being beaten 1-0 at home by Crystal Palace 10 days ago as they missed the opportunity to go back level on points with the Gunners.

A scathing Van Dijk told Sky Sports: "If you play like this overall in the game and not win any challenges and give the referee an opportunity to give a free-kick away then we have no chance to win the title.

"Very disappointed in so many ways. Everyone has to look in the mirror and look at their own performance and think if they gave everything.

"It is a tough one and obviously we have to do better against a side near the relegation [positions] it is time to focus.

"If you play like today we have no chance to consider ourselves in the title race."

BBC

Then you would have said why did he not announce it sooner giving the club time to find a replacement. The team has hit bad form at the wrong time. The defence is allover the place, the forwards can't score for their lives and Klopp seems disinterested now. His mind seems to be on some faraway beach instead of team affairs. We can not even use injuries as an excuse anymore when we have an almost full squad available. The team and squad are still a very good one who have given us so many good memories and great wins. Jota should have played vs Everton instead of Nunez for sure where as Salah seems to be past his best missing sitter after sitter. Although we do need some reinforcements in the summer this team is still capable off a lot more.

Then you would have said why did he not announce it sooner giving the club time to find a replacement. The team has hit bad form at the wrong time. The defence is allover the place, the forwards can't score for their lives and Klopp seems disinterested now. His mind seems to be on some faraway beach instead of team affairs. We can not even use injuries as an excuse anymore when we have an almost full squad available. The team and squad are still a very good one who have given us so many good memories and great wins. Jota should have played vs Everton instead of Nunez for sure where as Salah seems to be past his best missing sitter after sitter. Although we do need some reinforcements in the summer this team is still capable off a lot more.
Jota was injured wasn't he?

I agree with the announcement, the selfish thing would have been to announce it at the end of the season but that puts the club on the backfoot whereas announcing it in advance allows the club to properly plan for the future

Jota was injured wasn't he?

I agree with the announcement, the selfish thing would have been to announce it at the end of the season but that puts the club on the backfoot whereas announcing it in advance allows the club to properly plan for the future
Not sure if Jota is injured after he played in the last match. Gakpo's about to be a Dad so was with his spouse, his absence was missed too. Jurgen is departing at the right time, he appears spent now.

Slot confirms he wants Liverpool job

Arne Slot has said he hopes to take over from Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool manager at the end of the season.

Liverpool opened talks with Feyenoord on Wednesday about Slot's potential appointment.

The Dutchman confirmed his interest in the job before Feyenoord's 3-1 league victory on Thursday against Go Ahead Eagles.

"It seems clear to me that I would like to work there," Slot said.

“All I can say about it is that the clubs are in negotiations. I’m in the waiting room."

He added that he was "confident" Liverpool and Feyenoord would be able to reach an agreement.

Slot, 45, led Feyenoord to the 2022-23 Eredivisie title and this season's Dutch Cup, and he has previously been linked with Tottenham Hotspur and Leeds United.

Liverpool will have to negotiate a fee with Feyenoord if Slot is appointed, as he does not have a release clause for this summer.

BBC

Cody Gakpo set to return to Liverpool squad for West Ham trip​

The forward was absent from the midweek defeat to Everton due to his partner going into labour.

Asked if Gakpo was in contention for the visit to the London Stadium, Jürgen Klopp told his pre-match press conference: “Yes, little Samuel is born. Don’t know the time exactly, but according to [Cody] everything [is] fine. Mum well, boy well, father well and back in training yesterday.”

Looking forward to meeting the new gaffer! He will need our love, support and patience as we enter a new episode in our great history.

Back