Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered AS-V3, weight 2.8 and minimum 12 grains. Does anyone have experience with the AS factory? I want the bat in blue stickers, cuz i dont like the red stickers.
Look at razzaqs ax, it has completely different stickers, black and red. Specal made for him?

Attachments

• 107024.jpg
    107024.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 550
Perhaps yes it could specially made for Abdul Razzaq

By the way, how much did you order it for?

Congtraluations on your new bat! I hope it last really long.

Uhhmm I remember you once hinted that you are also looking to buy soft goods so did you get hold of them?

Cover Drive said:
Perhaps yes it could specially made for Abdul Razzaq

By the way, how much did you order it for?

Congtraluations on your new bat! I hope it last really long.

Uhhmm I remember you once hinted that you are also looking to buy soft goods so did you get hold of them?

Yeah i believe it is specially made for razzaq. Thanx, i ive heard a lot about the bat, so hope it lives up to the expectations!

The bats price is 132 USD, yes and i have also ordered blue batting pads, V3-gloves, guards, County white matchballs, batting helmets and yellow indoor balls.

Ohh okay. InshALLAH bat will perform and you will score tons of runs with it!

Which pads did you order? V3? V3 gloves looks good but worst thing is that AS did not come out with new range this year (yet) and the gloves still have calf leather palm on them. Don't get me wrong here I am not saying gloves are bad! Honestly I like them as well. I haven't used or have heard anything about AS softs but they look pretty decent.

Just a question for you (i hope you don't mind) that why didnt you buy pads from your country? The reason why I am saying that is because shipping of pads is alot and it is more than the cost of pads itself. My pads are stuck in UK and shipping from UK to Canada for pads is around $80 whereas pads are worth $70 loll

Sultanator Bhai it is good that you have knocked your bat alot. I mean one of my friend was telling me that these Pakistani bats require alot of knocking. I barely knocked my Bubber Sher so the other day it was not playing good at all

woodworm ibat gamma

Hi Guys

I am looking to purchase a cricket bat for the upcoming new cricket season. I was thinking of purchasing the 'woodworm ibat gamma' but not sure if this is a good choice.

Has anyone used this bat before or can you recommend me a decent bat I should use. I prefer the bat to be light.

You help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cover Drive said:
Sultanator Bhai it is good that you have knocked your bat alot. I mean one of my friend was telling me that these Pakistani bats require alot of knocking. I barely knocked my Bubber Sher so the other day it was not playing good at all

Jazzak Allah brother! They sure are frustrating. I've clocked 9 hours of knocking (2.5 for each edge and 4 for the whole face) and i'm still getting seam marks! But i'll keep at it :)

went to get CA 12K or similar but ended up buying the Bubber Sher Limited edition, simply because of its curve, balance and how it felt. wont have time to upload pics any tiem soon but I m looking forward to playing with this in summer!

Rizla786 said:
Hi Guys

I am looking to purchase a cricket bat for the upcoming new cricket season. I was thinking of purchasing the 'woodworm ibat gamma' but not sure if this is a good choice.

Has anyone used this bat before or can you recommend me a decent bat I should use. I prefer the bat to be light.

You help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Heyy Mate,

Woodworms iBat range is made in Pakistan by CA. So Woodworm's iBat and CA bats will be pretty much same

As far Gamma goes I have never used it nor I have seen it but from what I know it is Grade 3 English Williow

What is your budget?

If you have any other questions please let me know

Cheers!

sultanator said:
Jazzak Allah brother! They sure are frustrating. I've clocked 9 hours of knocking (2.5 for each edge and 4 for the whole face) and i'm still getting seam marks! But i'll keep at it :)
Waiyyakum

Woow thats alot of knocking brother. I don't know how your house mates have survived thru the 9 hours of knocking. Since your bat had few grains so it required extra knocking compare to other bats. But once you have knocked in alot watch the ball flying!!

Serendipity said:
went to get CA 12K or similar but ended up buying the Bubber Sher Limited edition, simply because of its curve, balance and how it felt. wont have time to upload pics any tiem soon but I m looking forward to playing with this in summer!
Bubber Sher is not a bat pick as well! Again everything lies within the person. He will be choosing the bat that is best for him in terms of balance, pick up, budget and so on. It is not about stickers or brand

Cover Drive said:
Waiyyakum

Woow thats alot of knocking brother. I don't know how your house mates have survived thru the 9 hours of knocking. Since your bat had few grains so it required extra knocking compare to other bats. But once you have knocked in alot watch the ball flying!!

Hah! I do it in the kitchen :/ the door makes it virtually sound-proof!

The thing is, the ping kind of sucks. I have one of those cricket balls hanging off a piece of string, I tested the bat with it. I don't get that crunch feeling when you hit the middle and the ball doesn't exactly fly off :/ Maybe I just need to knock a bit more, but a cheap Kashmir Willow bat (not even oiled or knocked) seems to have more ping :/

sultanator said:
Hah! I do it in the kitchen :/ the door makes it virtually sound-proof!

The thing is, the ping kind of sucks. I have one of those cricket balls hanging off a piece of string, I tested the bat with it. I don't get that crunch feeling when you hit the middle and the ball doesn't exactly fly off :/ Maybe I just need to knock a bit more, but a cheap Kashmir Willow bat (not even oiled or knocked) seems to have more ping :/
Ohh okay

When I was rounding off the edges of my CA 12K it made alot of noise that my house mates had taken the mallet from me and kept it some where for quite long time loll

It will surely improve once you have knocked in alot then it will improve alot and the ball will fly like rocket

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay. InshALLAH bat will perform and you will score tons of runs with it!

Which pads did you order? V3? V3 gloves looks good but worst thing is that AS did not come out with new range this year (yet) and the gloves still have calf leather palm on them. Don't get me wrong here I am not saying gloves are bad! Honestly I like them as well. I haven't used or have heard anything about AS softs but they look pretty decent.

Just a question for you (i hope you don't mind) that why didnt you buy pads from your country? The reason why I am saying that is because shipping of pads is alot and it is more than the cost of pads itself. My pads are stuck in UK and shipping from UK to Canada for pads is around $80 whereas pads are worth $70 loll

Salam CD!

I ordered coloured G-200, he said that V-3 are not available in colour. The thing is that i have ordered for myself and my team mates. I have have ordered for over 900 USD! Indoor balls, protective equipment, V-3 bat and some other stuff like protective sheet.

The reason why i dont buy pads in my country is that we dont have any cricket shops in Norway. We have to order from UK or Pakistan, and the last option is the cheapest one. Shipping is 210 USD for everything, and that includes 7 pairs of pads and 30 Indoor balls, some 5-6 pairs of gloves, thighs, guards and supporters.. so a lot of stuff you see. I am going to pay through my bank tomorrow, so i hope that they are a professional company, i mean i know that they are well-known, but it is a lot of money.. :ibutt

Master_Entertainer said:
Salam CD!

I ordered coloured G-200, he said that V-3 are not available in colour. The thing is that i have ordered for myself and my team mates. I have have ordered for over 900 USD! Indoor balls, protective equipment, V-3 bat and some other stuff like protective sheet.

The reason why i dont buy pads in my country is that we dont have any cricket shops in Norway. We have to order from UK or Pakistan, and the last option is the cheapest one. Shipping is 210 USD for everything, and that includes 7 pairs of pads and 30 Indoor balls, some 5-6 pairs of gloves, thighs, guards and supporters.. so a lot of stuff you see. I am going to pay through my bank tomorrow, so i hope that they are a professional company, i mean i know that they are well-known, but it is a lot of money.. :ibutt
Walilakumasalam,

Ohh okayy G200 pads are pretty nice as well, they are lightweight and look good as well whereas they also have good protection. The reason why I asked you initially way don't you buy stuff from your country is because pads are usually heavy so there shipping cost is a bit high. But since you don't have any store then it makes sense.

Usually when you shop alot at a specific store and more importantly you are doing it first time alot of seller usually throw in free stuff as well. I am not sure if they are giving it to you but they should.

InshALLAH everything will be safe and no worries nothing will happen

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okay

When I was rounding off the edges of my CA 12K it made alot of noise that my house mates had taken the mallet from me and kept it some where for quite long time loll

It will surely improve once you have knocked in alot then it will improve alot and the ball will fly like rocket

Uzair - can you please post the link to the youtube video that shows how to knock a bat properly together with the oiling?

I am returning next week and want to get started on this project ASAP!

Thanks again for your help.

xkalibur80 said:
I have bought the CA10000 Batting pads - very light and snug nicely onto my legs.

have a look: http://batsnmore.com.au/images/batting-pads-ca-10000-plus.jpg

Plus Ihsan Inferno batting gloves.....

http://www.sportstrolley.com/ekmps/...es/ihsan-inferno-950-batting-gloves-208-p.jpg
I always wanted to get those CA pads (whereas I still wish to get them :) ). In summer when my mother went to Pakistan I told her to get me these pads so instead of them she got me CA 12000 Plus Batting Pads so I don't have any regret. But InshALLAH when I go Pakistan in summer then I will buy these pads and then I will have 4 pair of pads all different style :D

Those gloves are very nice and they are very light as well. I was getting a pair of gloves for my brother (Orange) so I told the guy to send me the old model (like the one you posted above) but he did not have them in stock so I am now getting new model of Ihsan Inferno 750 batting gloves.

Brother Omair post a picture of your kit once you get back here :D

xkalibur80 said:
Uzair - can you please post the link to the youtube video that shows how to knock a bat properly together with the oiling?

I am returning next week and want to get started on this project ASAP!

Thanks again for your help.
InshALLAH I will post the link in a day or two

Uhmm sometimes the bat has been oiled by the seller. For instance one of my friend got Sher Amin about 2 months ago whereas his bat was oiled and it just required knocking

Cover Drive said:
Bubber Sher is not a bat pick as well! Again everything lies within the person. He will be choosing the bat that is best for him in terms of balance, pick up, budget and so on. It is not about stickers or brand

Thanks yaara, I agree, it just felt right!!! and I paid PKR 13000 and guess where i bought it from CD, your favourite/recmnded people. have a guess :)

Last edited:
Serendipity said:
Thanks yaara, I agree, it just felt right!!! and I paid PKR 13000 and guess where i bought it from CD, your favourite recmndtn people. have a guess :)
loll UT Sports?

You said your Bubber Sher is "Limited Edition" right? No wnder there is a price difference. If you don't mind can I ask you for pictures? Since we haven't seen Bubber Sher Limited Edition picturees so it would be worth having a look at them. Also how many grains does your Bubber Sher has got? mine has around 10-11

Brother, I sincerely apologise but it wont be possibel just yet, just back from long holidays and work is like mad with outstanding stuff, need to sort out tenants for my flat plus some travel inshallah nearer the season will do.

BTW, yes, it is limited edition, and has got about similar grains if not more. The irlines no longer let you take them in the plane due to security reasons so I was a littel concerned about damage on the way but it was okay MA.

Do you know them or get any benefit? You must ask for comission from this lot :), they were very busy I must say...........seems to be doing really well.

I had asked them to get it knocked in and oiled before picking it up so they apparently did ..........but not sure if it actually happened, it does have two marks of seam and no obvious sign of oiling, will find out soon!

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
loll UT Sports?

You said your Bubber Sher is "Limited Edition" right? No wnder there is a price difference. If you don't mind can I ask you for pictures? Since we haven't seen Bubber Sher Limited Edition picturees so it would be worth having a look at them. Also how many grains does your Bubber Sher has got? mine has around 10-11

I saw limited edition while I was at UT Sports...it has green and yellow stickers as opposed to black and yellow.

It was also very light compared to the regular bat and the balance just felt right.

I will post all the pictures upon my return.

xkalibur80 said:
I saw limited edition while I was at UT Sports...it has green and yellow stickers as opposed to black and yellow.

It was also very light compared to the regular bat and the balance just felt right.

I will post all the pictures upon my return.
Ohh okayy

JazakALLAH Khair!

Just used Sher Amin on the weekend for the first time.

Best bat I've ever used by a distance.

Btw, xkalibur I've got those Plus 10000 pads too, they're extremely lightweight and very easy to run in, but the material from the front frays pretty easily. :inzi

Poison said:
Just used Sher Amin on the weekend for the first time.

Best bat I've ever used by a distance.

Btw, xkalibur I've got those Plus 10000 pads too, they're extremely lightweight and very easy to run in, but the material from the front frays pretty easily. :inzi
Great to hear that! I hope it goes really well!

It is hell of a bat!! It has got alot of meat on it!

Ahh I love those light weight style pads because as you said running becomes much easier (Don't get me wrong I am not :inzi :) ). But one thing that I hate about these lightweight pads (not CA in fact every brand) is that they get dirty quickly and more importantly it becomes a bit difficult to clean them

Hey pads only get dirty if you slide around to get back in the crease. If you run like Inzamam you never take that sort of chance :inzi Turning twos into singles will keep the pads clean as a whistle!

And I know what you mean about the meat of the bat, balls were flying away for boundaries from thick edges. :afridi

Serendipity said:
Brother, I sincerely apologise but it wont be possibel just yet, just back from long holidays and work is like mad with outstanding stuff, need to sort out tenants for my flat plus some travel inshallah nearer the season will do.

BTW, yes, it is limited edition, and has got about similar grains if not more. The irlines no longer let you take them in the plane due to security reasons so I was a littel concerned about damage on the way but it was okay MA.

Do you know them or get any benefit? You must ask for comission from this lot :), they were very busy I must say...........seems to be doing really well.

I had asked them to get it knocked in and oiled before picking it up so they apparently did ..........but not sure if it actually happened, it does have two marks of seam and no obvious sign of oiling, will find out soon!
Ahh no worries mate! Post them whenever you have time

Ohh okayy what I have heard is that Bubber Sher has two types English willow. One of them is Grade 1 and one of them is Grade 2. So I am assuming Bubber Sher LE will be grade 1+. I have heard about this bat from one or two guys and from what they said it sounded great. I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it

Uhmm you can figure out whether the bat has been oiled or not by feeling its texture. If you have a ball then bounce it couple of times and see whether seam marks are visible or not. Since your bat has arounf 10-11 ggrains then you will have to knock it a bit less cmopare to fewer grains Bubber Sher

Ahh mann don't worry about the little cosmetic damge on the bat. For instance, if it is on the back then don't worry because it won't affect your bat nor its performance. So no worries mate! In fact you should be happ and thankful to ALLAH (SWT) that you went to Pakistan and got this bat along yourself. I will share my AS V3 story with you. One of my club mate (his name is Saiyed Bhai) went to Pakistan to see his ailing father (who later passed away) in October. So when he went there I told him to get me CA 12000 Plus so he came back to Canada in the end or begining of November. When he came back he told me about AS V3 and i got really excited about this bat. So in next few days I gave him money to get me AS V3. Actually he has some friends in Karachi who usually ship him bats. He himself was getting AS V3 as well so I paid him for AS V3 as well and told him to get me one. Days went by then months went by and there was still no trace of bats being shipped. I frequently asked Saiyed Bhai whether they are shipped out or not. He said that his friend is busy he did not get time to pick them up, has got family problems so couldn't pick them up and so on. Then about 2 weeks ago another friend of mine (Naveed Bhai) had ordered two bats from Pakistan and both of his bats got drilled. So after hearing this I got a bit scared so I backed out and told Saiyed Bhai that don't get a bat for me. He said okay and sadly I did not get AS V3. Since you got your bat along yourself I would say you are lucky because what I heard was that stuff being shipped from Pakistan is being treated a bit more so perhaps they are doing it because of that. If I had relatives or family members in Karachi then I would have told them to send me a bat along someone but unfortunately I don't have any lving in Karachi :(

loll brother I don't know people at UT Sports nor I get any benefits whatsoever. In fact, I have never been to UT Sports. The thing is that I don't want people to pay alot for a bat when they go to Pakistan and more importantly some people are not aware of good places that sell original legit stuff so due ot there unawareness they sometimes end up buying a fake bat for same price as original bat. If you know then why not tell it to other people?

I am writing this post from my phone so if I made any mistake please forgive me

Poison said:
Hey pads only get dirty if you slide around to get back in the crease. If you run like Inzamam you never take that sort of chance :inzi Turning twos into singles will keep the pads clean as a whistle!

And I know what you mean about the meat of the bat, balls were flying away for boundaries from thick edges. :afridi
hahah loll okk

The Gray Nicolls pads I have are pretty light as well compare to traditional style pads. But they are not as light as these pads/

Right now the bat is a bit new so it will require knocking (unless you did it) but as you play with the bat it will onl get better and better

Uhmm do you mind posting a picture of your whole kit? It seems you have a great kit :)

CD yaara, to me you are a legend here about bats - from knowing a little about bats to an expert, a complete transformation here, while helping many many PPers in choosing a good bat and finding the right place and price, may Allah reward you for your efforts! The best thing is you ar ever so polite, humble and modest unlike many others one comes across so credit to you brother.

Where about do you go or are from in Pak, if you dont midn me asking?

Cover Drive said:
Ahh no worries mate! Post them whenever you have time

Ohh okayy what I have heard is that Bubber Sher has two types English willow. One of them is Grade 1 and one of them is Grade 2. So I am assuming Bubber Sher LE will be grade 1+. I have heard about this bat from one or two guys and from what they said it sounded great. I hope it goes really well for you and you score tons of runs with it

Uhmm you can figure out whether the bat has been oiled or not by feeling its texture. If you have a ball then bounce it couple of times and see whether seam marks are visible or not. Since your bat has arounf 10-11 ggrains then you will have to knock it a bit less cmopare to fewer grains Bubber Sher

Ahh mann don't worry about the little cosmetic damge on the bat. For instance, if it is on the back then don't worry because it won't affect your bat nor its performance. So no worries mate! In fact you should be happ and thankful to ALLAH (SWT) that you went to Pakistan and got this bat along yourself. I will share my AS V3 story with you. One of my club mate (his name is Saiyed Bhai) went to Pakistan to see his ailing father (who later passed away) in October. So when he went there I told him to get me CA 12000 Plus so he came back to Canada in the end or begining of November. When he came back he told me about AS V3 and i got really excited about this bat. So in next few days I gave him money to get me AS V3. Actually he has some friends in Karachi who usually ship him bats. He himself was getting AS V3 as well so I paid him for AS V3 as well and told him to get me one. Days went by then months went by and there was still no trace of bats being shipped. I frequently asked Saiyed Bhai whether they are shipped out or not. He said that his friend is busy he did not get time to pick them up, has got family problems so couldn't pick them up and so on. Then about 2 weeks ago another friend of mine (Naveed Bhai) had ordered two bats from Pakistan and both of his bats got drilled. So after hearing this I got a bit scared so I backed out and told Saiyed Bhai that don't get a bat for me. He said okay and sadly I did not get AS V3. Since you got your bat along yourself I would say you are lucky because what I heard was that stuff being shipped from Pakistan is being treated a bit more so perhaps they are doing it because of that. If I had relatives or family members in Karachi then I would have told them to send me a bat along someone but unfortunately I don't have any lving in Karachi :(

loll brother I don't know people at UT Sports nor I get any benefits whatsoever. In fact, I have never been to UT Sports. The thing is that I don't want people to pay alot for a bat when they go to Pakistan and more importantly some people are not aware of good places that sell original legit stuff so due ot there unawareness they sometimes end up buying a fake bat for same price as original bat. If you know then why not tell it to other people?

I am writing this post from my phone so if I made any mistake please forgive me

Last edited:
Serendipity said:
CD yaara, to me you are a legend here about bats - from knowing a little about bats to an expert, a complete transformation here, while helping many many PPers in choosing a good bat and finding the right place and price, may Allah reward you for your efforts! The best thing is you ar ever so polite, humble and modest unlike many others one comes across so credit to you brother.

Where about do you go or are from in Pak, if you dont midn me asking?
Loll

I don't mind if you ask me anyways I am from Lahore. Last summer was the first time I played in a club because I was not going Pakistan so my mom enrolled me in a club. But this summer InshALLAH I will be going to Pakistan and InshALLAH I will get alot of stuff :D

Did you guys see new CA 12000 Plus Gloves? I like the palm on those gloves. When I first saw them I thought it was rubber palm loll but it is pittard

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

i have a question that i think will horrify most of you, but thought it was worth the ask anyway. im a very average (ie pretty crappy) batsman, but like to play for fun, and as with most casual pakistani players, its more about belting the ball as hard as possible using the full weight of my rotund belly.

anyway, i recently broke my slazenger something or other, cant remember what its called, and so am looking for a replacement bat. im not constrained much by budget, but am by time and ability to get out to a good shop, given im in london.

i do have another bat at home, but am very undecided whether to use it. its a babar sher i think, and its one i bought ina charity auction last year, signed by shahid afridi and younis khan. i know these types of things are not there to be used, but i have two questions:

1) how valuable an item is a signed bat like that? if i were to try to sell it, would any of you, as die hard fans, be tempted to bid, and what would you pay for it?

2) i would assume that monetary interest would be quite limited, and if thats the case, would it be really so wrong to just use the bat to play with?

1) This depends on everyones budget. Most people on here are students and for students it is quite hectic to bid up to the mark. Most likely they will low ball. I would love to bs but again as I said it will be within my limits. But just curious what did you pay for it and how much are you looking for?

2) If I were you then I would never use that bat. I myself have a plain tape ball bat which is signed by Mohammad Yousuf, Wahab Riaz and Nasir Jamshed. I don't play with that bat at all! In fact I wish to get it framed and put it up on my rooms wall :D

not really looking to sell it, the purchase was for charity rather than an investment - but wondered whether it wouldbe something that fans would be interested in collecting or not.

godzilla said:
not really looking to sell it, the purchase was for charity rather than an investment - but wondered whether it wouldbe something that fans would be interested in collecting or not.
I was thinking about that as well. You bought it for a good cause and if you sell it for a higher price then you are doing something wrong. I am not blaming you or accusing you that you have done that. I am just saying in general. But everything is upto you whether you want to sell it or not

Uhmm people do collect them whereas they also play with the bats. If someone has that bat they would never play with it loll

By the way if you don't mind can you please put some pictures of the bat? It would be interesting to see whether this bat was personally used by Afridi even if not it would be still worth having a look at it

(If I said something that might have hurt you or your feelings then I apologize for it and I did not mean to that)

no! no feelings hurt at all!

it would be in keeping with the intent to purchase if any proceeds were donated to charity too i guess.

heres a coupe of photos, turns out it is a bubbar sher and it is brand new, hasnt been used.

Attachments

• IMG00012-20100205-0130.jpg
    IMG00012-20100205-0130.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG00013-20100205-0131.jpg
    IMG00013-20100205-0131.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
godzilla said:
no! no feelings hurt at all!

it would be in keeping with the intent to purchase if any proceeds were donated to charity too i guess.

heres a coupe of photos, turns out it is a bubbar sher and it is brand new, hasnt been used.
JazakALLAH Khair for the pictures

It is very good bat apart from there signatures.

you could probably get it framed but there is an autograph on the back as well so....

So on that bat you have two autograph of Shahid Afridi :D

Atlast here is the video of your bat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M7MU8VKCRQ

Here are the pics of bats I brought back from Karachi.....

Attachments

• DSC00135_opt.jpg
    DSC00135_opt.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC00141_opt.jpg
    DSC00141_opt.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00134_opt.jpg
    DSC00134_opt.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC00136_opt.jpg
    DSC00136_opt.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC00137_opt.jpg
    DSC00137_opt.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 237
xkalibur80 said:
Here are the pics of bats I brought back from Karachi.....

and some more....

Attachments

• DSC00139_opt.jpg
    DSC00139_opt.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC00140_opt.jpg
    DSC00140_opt.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 245
Man !! I missed on a Mongoose CoR3 Custom Pro bat today. I am still after it and will post pics if managed to get it.
These bats are something else !!!

BTW, nice bats xcalibur

Hello Everyone!!!,Assalam o aliekum, Just had a question regarding cricket bats!! I am going to buy a bat, i found GM dxm hero, hand made english willow,oiled,knocked, and protected, it has a good feel. I live in Saudi Arabia, it is on sale from 705 saudi riyals to 495 saudi riyals. IM an opening and/or middle order batsman. I love driving the ball, and am a timer of the ball not a hitter!!

So i want to know how the bat is, if anyone has ever used it before?Is it worth the cost? Is it suited to my batting position and style? NEED URGENT REPLY, its goin out of stock!!

If it is suited for me and fills all the other requirements, what else should i check in the bat before buying it.

Thank u in advance for the reply!!!!!!

Last edited:
A GM DXM Hero... get only if it's an L.E. or at least 909 model. The weight should suit your preference ... I guess it should be between 2.8 to 2.10

Omair Bhai (xkalibur80) those bats are amazing!

AS V3 looks awesome!!

UT Sports bat aren't that bad either they look pretty decent as well.

How does each bat feel and how is the ping of each bat?

pakistanichamp said:
Hello Everyone!!!,Assalam o aliekum, Just had a question regarding cricket bats!! I am going to buy a bat, i found GM dxm hero, hand made english willow,oiled,knocked, and protected, it has a good feel. I live in Saudi Arabia, it is on sale from 705 saudi riyals to 495 saudi riyals. IM an opening and/or middle order batsman. I love driving the ball, and am a timer of the ball not a hitter!!

So i want to know how the bat is, if anyone has ever used it before?Is it worth the cost? Is it suited to my batting position and style? NEED URGENT REPLY, its goin out of stock!!

If it is suited for me and fills all the other requirements, what else should i check in the bat before buying it.

Also, Look for a DXM Icon L.E.
THAT'S the real deal. Award winning bat to be the best bat of 2009.

Uncle Sam said:

didnt find GM Icon there, but there were GM Purist 11(it appeared to be too heavy for my liking), and GM catalyst (English willow Bleached, factory made, this one costs less 350 riyals)

pakistanichamp said:

Walikumasalam,

Yes, GM DXM Hero is a good bat. But as Uncle Sam said which model it is? In GM bats there are several ranges such as 101,303,404,,606,707,808 (5 Star), 909, Original and Original Limited Edition.

909, Original and Original Limited Edition are Grade 1 English Willow (G1 +) whereas 808 is Grade 2 English Willow. If it is 909 or Original or Original Limited Edition then I would say it is worth buying it.

When looking to buy a bat you should see how it feels in your hand. You will be using the bat see how does it feel in your hand and what weight suits you. As Uncle Sam said weight between 2.8-2.10 lbs would be good.

Since you are opener this bat would be good for you and since you like to drive then this bat is good for you. GM bats tend to have less bow in the bat compare to Pakistani bats. Less bow bats are mainly for driving the ball

From the price I am assuming it is Original or Original Limited Edition

I hope it helps! If you have any other question please don't hesitate asking

pakistanichamp said:
didnt find GM Icon there, but there were GM Purist 11(it appeared to be too heavy for my liking), and GM catalyst (English willow Bleached, factory made, this one costs less 350 riyals)
Don't buy that Catalyst bat. To me it does not sound a good bat

Uncle Sam said:
Yeahh Icon is amazing range!! One of my friend bought 808 (G2) and this bat is hell of a bat. It did not have lots of grains but it is very good bat. Thick edges and good sweetspot

Did you ever buy this or have this?

Uncle Sam said:
Man !! I missed on a Mongoose CoR3 Custom Pro bat today. I am still after it and will post pics if managed to get it.

BTW, nice bats xcalibur
These Mongoose bats are good. They are different design and style bats as you said.

But the one you are talking about is hell of a bat!!

Alright if you can do post pictures

Anderson is contracted by them

Do you think these bats will take over normal bats anytime soon?

Cover Drive said:
Walikumasalam,

Yes, GM DXM Hero is a good bat. But as Uncle Sam said which model it is? In GM bats there are several ranges such as 101,303,404,,606,707,808 (5 Star), 909, Original and Original Limited Edition.

909, Original and Original Limited Edition are Grade 1 English Willow (G1 +) whereas 808 is Grade 2 English Willow. If it is 909 or Original or Original Limited Edition then I would say it is worth buying it.

When looking to buy a bat you should see how it feels in your hand. You will be using the bat see how does it feel in your hand and what weight suits you. As Uncle Sam said weight between 2.8-2.10 lbs would be good.

Since you are opener this bat would be good for you and since you like to drive then this bat is good for you. GM bats tend to have less bow in the bat compare to Pakistani bats. Less bow bats are mainly for driving the ball

From the price I am assuming it is Original or Original Limited Edition

I hope it helps! If you have any other question please don't hesitate asking

THank u very much it helped alot!!
its GM dxm original, the feel is really good(different from the other bats i have held), it has a comfortable grip.

I wanted to ask whts the difference between a hand made and a factory made bat? which one is preferable? does it matter if the bat has more or less grains? Wht else should i check for when buying a bat? So is this bat worth the cost?

Thanku very much again!!

pakistanichamp said:
THank u very much it helped alot!!
its GM dxm original, the feel is really good(different from the other bats i have held), it has a comfortable grip.

I wanted to ask whts the difference between a hand made and a factory made bat? which one is preferable? does it matter if the bat has more or less grains? Wht else should i check for when buying a bat? So is this bat worth the cost?

Thanku very much again!!
No worries brother!!

If it is GM DXM Hero Original then it is great bat for its value. I would say buy it! This bat is test level bat. Furthermore, it feels good in your hand then it is very good despite the fact others didn't feel good

I am not quite sure about the difference between handmade and factory made bats. In fact, both are good. I would not say one is better than the other. I believe this bat is both because it is DXM which is liek compturized weight balance something like that. Therefore, doesn't matter which one it is both are good!

I wouldn't say it matters. I mean the performace of the bat will be same whether it has more grains or less grains. More grains bat tend to crack soon compare to less grain bats. In other words, the higher the amount of grains the sooner the bat will break. On the other hand if you have less grains then the bat will require more knocking compare to higher grain bat which requires less knocking

Uhmm you usually check how does the bat feel in your hand. That is the main thing! Also check for blemishes and dead knots on the face of the bat. Also check if there are any cracks on the face or edges. I don't think blemishes is a major factory when selecting a bat. But see if there are any cracks and/or dead knots.

Yes the bat is worth it cost. If I were you I would buy it for sure

Two questions I have are that:

What weight is the bat?

This question might sound awkward but is it original bat?

JAzakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
No worries brother!!

If it is GM DXM Hero Original then it is great bat for its value. I would say buy it! This bat is test level bat. Furthermore, it feels good in your hand then it is very good despite the fact others didn't feel good

I am not quite sure about the difference between handmade and factory made bats. In fact, both are good. I would not say one is better than the other. I believe this bat is both because it is DXM which is liek compturized weight balance something like that. Therefore, doesn't matter which one it is both are good!

I wouldn't say it matters. I mean the performace of the bat will be same whether it has more grains or less grains. More grains bat tend to crack soon compare to less grain bats. In other words, the higher the amount of grains the sooner the bat will break. On the other hand if you have less grains then the bat will require more knocking compare to higher grain bat which requires less knocking

Uhmm you usually check how does the bat feel in your hand. That is the main thing! Also check for blemishes and dead knots on the face of the bat. Also check if there are any cracks on the face or edges. I don't think blemishes is a major factory when selecting a bat. But see if there are any cracks and/or dead knots.

Yes the bat is worth it cost. If I were you I would buy it for sure

Two questions I have are that:

What weight is the bat?

This question might sound awkward but is it original bat?

JAzakALLAH Khair

THank u very much once again!!!

the bat's weight is 2lb 8oz, short handle, senior bat

I personally dont know how to check if a bat is original or not, Can u plzz tell me how to figure it out?!

Mashallah u know alot abt cricket equipment and thnk u for spending ur time to help out others!!:)

pakistanichamp said:
THank u very much once again!!!

the bat's weight is 2lb 8oz, short handle, senior bat

I personally dont know how to check if a bat is original or not, Can u plzz tell me how to figure it out?!

Mashallah u know alot abt cricket equipment and thnk u for spending ur time to help out others!!:)
No worries brother!! Maafi Mushkilla ;-)

In 2.8 lbs it is very good. Mostly bats are short handles. Long handles bat are for tall players such as Umar Gul

Uhmm usually the stickers tell whether the bat is original or not. In addition, grains also tell whether the bat is original or not. But since you are not exposed to original and fake bat. Here is a link which has pictures of Hero DXM Original Limited Edition bat. Just use the pictures as a reference to see the stickers and match with that bat

http://www.maliksports.co.uk/product.aspx?pageId=6

loll...I love talking about cricket and its equipments :) No worries ask me as many questions you wish :)

Cover Drive said:
No worries brother!! Maafi Mushkilla ;-)

In 2.8 lbs it is very good. Mostly bats are short handles. Long handles bat are for tall players such as Umar Gul

Uhmm usually the stickers tell whether the bat is original or not. In addition, grains also tell whether the bat is original or not. But since you are not exposed to original and fake bat. Here is a link which has pictures of Hero DXM Original Limited Edition bat. Just use the pictures as a reference to see the stickers and match with that bat

http://www.maliksports.co.uk/product.aspx?pageId=6

loll...I love talking about cricket and its equipments :) No worries ask me as many questions you wish :)

k thanks for everything!!

i will post pictures when i get it, and will also tell u about my performance with the bat!!!

and will bother u more if i have any questions ;-)

pakistanichamp said:
k thanks for everything!!

i will post pictures when i get it, and will also tell u about my performance with the bat!!!

and will bother u more if i have any questions ;-)
Again no worries! No need to say thanks :)

Yes do post pictures when you get the bat. Sure do tell me with Hero

Hell noo!! Honestly I would love to answer more question if you (or anyone else) have any. Doesn't matter what question it is but I will love to answer them :)

By the way brother where in KSA do you live and play?

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
Again no worries! No need to say thanks :)

Yes do post pictures when you get the bat. Sure do tell me with Hero

Hell noo!! Honestly I would love to answer more question if you (or anyone else) have any. Doesn't matter what question it is but I will love to answer them :)

By the way brother where in KSA do you live and play?

JazakALLAH Khair

i play with my club here in dammam, in the last few games i was using my coach's bat CA plus 10000, i played two unbeaten matchwinning innings in the last two games with it, but i felt bad in always using my coach's bat. So i decided to look for the available choices here, from the choices i preffered GM.

pakistanichamp said:
i play with my club here in dammam, in the last few games i was using my coach's bat CA plus 10000, i played two unbeaten matchwinning innings in the last two games with it, but i felt bad in always using my coach's bat. So i decided to look for the available choices here, from the choices i preffered GM.
Woow!!

Where in Dammam do you play? Wheres about in Dammam do you live? Where are you buying the bat from? I mean which store and where Also how old are you?

loll I am asking alot of questions (I hope you don't mind). I was born and brought up in Dammam as well. I have been hearing from people about cricket in Dammam but I am not sure where it is because when I was there I wasn't aware of any. I just played with my brother outside my house (well apartment)

Yeahh it is better to get your own bat rather than using someones. You never know when you will be damaging it

Cover Drive said:
Woow!!

Where in Dammam do you play? Wheres about in Dammam do you live? Where are you buying the bat from? I mean which store and where Also how old are you?

loll I am asking alot of questions (I hope you don't mind). I was born and brought up in Dammam as well. I have been hearing from people about cricket in Dammam but I am not sure where it is because when I was there I wasn't aware of any. I just played with my brother outside my house (well apartment)

Yeahh it is better to get your own bat rather than using someones. You never know when you will be damaging it

NO Wayy!!! COOOl!!
I actually live in Ras Tanurah about 45 minutes drive from Dammam, u may know if u were brought up in Dammam, i just tell dammam to anyone who asks cuz ppl dont know abt Ras Tanurah/Rahima. I play for Ras Tanura Cricket Association, am also a part of the Eastern Province Cricket Association, now there are many leagues of all the different companies. THere is division 1, division 2, and premier league. I am currently 16 years old. This bat is located in Sun and Sand sports ( A huge sports shop located in Dhahran mall.) Whered u live in dammam, and when?!!

pakistanichamp said:
NO Wayy!!! COOOl!!
I actually live in Ras Tanurah about 45 minutes drive from Dammam, u may know if u were brought up in Dammam, i just tell dammam to anyone who asks cuz ppl dont know abt Ras Tanurah/Rahima. I play for Ras Tanura Cricket Association, am also a part of the Eastern Province Cricket Association, now there are many leagues of all the different companies. THere is division 1, division 2, and premier league. I am currently 16 years old. This bat is located in Sun and Sand sports ( A huge sports shop located in Dhahran mall.) Whered u live in dammam, and when?!!
loll

I was born in 1990 at Waaladaa. I lived in Tushbashii. You know Waha mall? I lived close to that. If not Waha Mall then you know that soccer stadium near Khobar-Dammam highway? I lived about 10 minutes away from there. I moved to Canada in end of 2001.

I know where Ras Tanurah/Rahima is because my school was there. It was there before but later it moved to Dammam.

At the time when we moved to Canada Dhahran Mall was not constructed but I have seen this mall when I visited KSA a year or so ago.

Man I jus love that country!

Uhmm I am not sure but at that time I was not aware of any nor I had heard of it from anyone of my age or a bit older at that time. Nor I think my parents had heard of it. So I don't think these league existed at that time.

One of my club mate once mentioned to me that his nephew plays in Eastern Province Cricket Association but I am not sure about his name or anything loll

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
loll

I was born in 1990 at Waaladaa. I lived in Tushbashii. You know Waha mall? I lived close to that. If not Waha Mall then you know that soccer stadium near Khobar-Dammam highway? I lived about 10 minutes away from there. I moved to Canada in end of 2001.

I know where Ras Tanurah/Rahima is because my school was there. It was there before but later it moved to Dammam.

At the time when we moved to Canada Dhahran Mall was not constructed but I have seen this mall when I visited KSA a year or so ago.

Man I jus love that country!

Uhmm I am not sure but at that time I was not aware of any nor I had heard of it from anyone of my age or a bit older at that time. Nor I think my parents had heard of it. So I don't think these league existed at that time.

One of my club mate once mentioned to me that his nephew plays in Eastern Province Cricket Association but I am not sure about his name or anything loll

SO u studied in Rahima Academy now known as ISG Dammam now, i studied in the same school until i moved to dhahran academy now!! I am plannin to come to canada for Uni so will need some help later on that topic later on :) Good to know someone from Saudi!!!

pakistanichamp said:
SO u studied in Rahima Academy now known as ISG Dammam now, i studied in the same school until i moved to dhahran academy now!! I am plannin to come to canada for Uni so will need some help later on that topic later on :) Good to know someone from Saudi!!!
loll yeahh I did study at Rahima Academy. Yes I know it is not know as International School Grouo (ISG) Dammam. Dhahran Academy is also part of ISG so it is same thing but different campus.

Ohh okayy what are you planning to do?

I know another guy on PP who came from Dammam as well and I know him since Dammam :)

Cover Drive said:
loll yeahh I did study at Rahima Academy. Yes I know it is not know as International School Grouo (ISG) Dammam. Dhahran Academy is also part of ISG so it is same thing but different campus.

Ohh okayy what are you planning to do?

I know another guy on PP who came from Dammam as well and I know him since Dammam :)

nice!!
im planning to do Mechanical Engineering, not decided though, but pretty sure doing some sort of engineering though.

pakistanichamp said:
nice!!
im planning to do Mechanical Engineering, not decided though, but pretty sure doing some sort of engineering though.
Ohh okayy

Go Waterloo then! :D I would say it is one of the best engineering university in Canada.

Coming to your bat I just converted it into Canadian Dollars and honestly speaking it is real bargain!! Even the oirginal price was real bargain for GM DXM Hero Original.

By the way it is 2009 model right? or 2010?

What softs do PPers have? In other words, which gloves and pads do you have (brand, range etc)

I have following:

Pads:
GM Original Limited (Yet to recieve)
Gray Nicolls 5 Star
CA 12000 Plus

Gloves:
GM Original Limited (Yet to recieve)
CA 12000 Plus (Old Model)
CA 12000 Plus (New Model (Yet to recieve))
Ihsan Inferno 750 (New Model (Yet to recieve))
Ihsan Inferno 950 (New Model (Yet to recieve))
Not sure whether I should go for MB Malik Sher Amin's

How about you guys?

Uncle Sam said:

BTW, nice bats xcalibur

Thanks Uncle Sam....

Cover Drive said:
Omair Bhai (xkalibur80) those bats are amazing!

AS V3 looks awesome!!

UT Sports bat aren't that bad either they look pretty decent as well.

How does each bat feel and how is the ping of each bat?

Thanks Uzair - let's see how they perform....the ping was pretty good but it was really the balance that I was looking for and the blue UT bat as well as ASV3 have the best balance of all.

Both of those bats are more for stroke play rather than slogging. On the other hand, the two other UT bats are very similar to Bubber Sher in terms of balance and think edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back