Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cover Drive said:
Omair Bhai did you get any soft as well? I mean pads and gloves? If so which brand

Yes I got 2 pairs of pads - CA10000 moulded pads and Kookaburra (not genuine but very light)

As far as gloves are concerned, I got Ihsan Inferno 550 for myself and got a few RBK gloves as well as a pair of SS for my cousin.

Also got Ihsan WK pads and gloves - I did some catching practice with these gloves in order to see why Kamran Akmal has a hard time behind the stumps...LoL!!

xkalibur80 said:
I am in Markham....
Ohh okay. I am pretty sure there will be a cricket store in Markham so you can get it from there. It is like $5-$10. But I don't think your bats need to be oiled. But you can figure that out from it's texture and by feeling it. One of the Bubber Sher which is dark seems to be oiled

xkalibur80 said:
Thanks Uzair - let's see how they perform....the ping was pretty good but it was really the balance that I was looking for and the blue UT bat as well as ASV3 have the best balance of all.

Both of those bats are more for stroke play rather than slogging. On the other hand, the two other UT bats are very similar to Bubber Sher in terms of balance and think edges.
As I told earlier I have heard lots of good things about AS V3 so I am sure it will not disappoint you

Just curious to know why did you buy two of same kind bats?

xkalibur80 said:
Yes I got 2 pairs of pads - CA10000 moulded pads and Kookaburra (not genuine but very light)

As far as gloves are concerned, I got Ihsan Inferno 550 for myself and got a few RBK gloves as well as a pair of SS for my cousin.

Also got Ihsan WK pads and gloves - I did some catching practice with these gloves in order to see why Kamran Akmal has a hard time behind the stumps...LoL!!
I like those CA pads. They are very light since they don't have canes in them. I might buy them or I might go for GM RSB.

The new Inferno 550 gloves? They are good gloves as they have pittard leather palm

How are RBK gloves?

Uhmm Indian brand gloves in Pakistan?

Loll did you manage to catch?

Do you mind posting a picture or two of pads as well as the gloves?

I would really appreciate it

Thanks

pakistanichamp said:
THank u very much once again!!!

the bat's weight is 2lb 8oz, short handle, senior bat

I personally dont know how to check if a bat is original or not, Can u plzz tell me how to figure it out?!

Mashallah u know alot abt cricket equipment and thnk u for spending ur time to help out others!!:)
Asalamalakium,

Did you buy it today?

Cover Drive said:
What softs do PPers have? In other words, which gloves and pads do you have (brand, range etc)

I have following:

Pads:
GM Original Limited (Yet to recieve)
Gray Nicolls 5 Star
CA 12000 Plus

Gloves:
GM Original Limited (Yet to recieve)
CA 12000 Plus (Old Model)
CA 12000 Plus (New Model (Yet to recieve))
Ihsan Inferno 750 (New Model (Yet to recieve))
Ihsan Inferno 950 (New Model (Yet to recieve))
Not sure whether I should go for MB Malik Sher Amin's

How about you guys?
Didn't go for them...

CD, Check it out Yoh !!!

29 Grains... 2.10 oz ...This is one crazy mother trucker !!

WOWW HOLY SMOKE!!!!!!!!! THIS BAT IS AWESOME!! IN 2.10 it is a BEAST!

Where di you get it from? Custom made?

It's not mine. Its been custom made in UK and comes with a precaution, 'Don't check the ping of this bat in your room cuz the ball will go thru the roof'

But the owner has gone nuts to ask £400.00 for it.

Ohh okay

:)) at the precaution

You know Lekka? Lekka's bat usually have lots of grains as well. So he might have got it from them and have stickers on them. But I am just guessing

400 Pounds is around $670 CAD. I agree with you he has gone nuts. If it was around 275-300 Pounds then it sounds a be reasonable

By the way, what bats do you have currently?

I am still waiting on my custom made grade two willow experimental bat. Spoke to the pod shaver who was having difficulty to put it in his pressing machine due to extra wide width ( u know these go-ras are Lakeer kay fakeer) but he has promised to make it happen in this week. It will take another 10 to 15 days in shipping since it's coming from a far away continent.

Ohh that Vantage one? yaar these gorahs are taking really lonnng in making this bat. It is Australian right?

Uncle Sam have you heard of Solitaire? They offer G1 EW Custom made for 100 pounds.

Other than that what bat(s) do you have at the moment? Also what about in soft goods?

Uncle Sam I was talking to James from Lekka and he was saying this type of bat with 29 grains could be made loll his price is like have of this guys price

Uncle Sam and others what do you think of GM Icon 808 bat for $170 CAD including shippping. It has 9 grains and are fairly straight

There are few dark patches below splice and near toe area. Are they bad?

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

Guys please let me know if this bat seems to be good or not loll

100_4532.jpg

100_4534.jpg

100_4533.jpg

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

pakistanichamp said:
NO Wayy!!! COOOl!!
I actually live in Ras Tanurah about 45 minutes drive from Dammam, u may know if u were brought up in Dammam, i just tell dammam to anyone who asks cuz ppl dont know abt Ras Tanurah/Rahima. I play for Ras Tanura Cricket Association, am also a part of the Eastern Province Cricket Association, now there are many leagues of all the different companies. THere is division 1, division 2, and premier league. I am currently 16 years old. This bat is located in Sun and Sand sports ( A huge sports shop located in Dhahran mall.) Whered u live in dammam, and when?!!

you guys have brought back some memories. i grew up in ras tanura - played cricket at the Rahima Cricket ground (all sand) infront of the mosque right out side the aramco compound.

sorry off topic - please keep talking about bats. Cover drive, you post alot on the cricket supplies forum too right? I just got a BAS Vampire, will post pics soon.

ca_gold said:
you guys have brought back some memories. i grew up in ras tanura - played cricket at the Rahima Cricket ground (all sand) infront of the mosque right out side the aramco compound.

sorry off topic - please keep talking about bats. Cover drive, you post alot on the cricket supplies forum too right? I just got a BAS Vampire, will post pics soon.
I don't remember much of Rahima campus but I remember where I used to play in Dammam loll

Yes I do post alot of CSF. Are you at CSF as well?

BAS bats are very good. Do post pictures

JazakALLAH Khair
ALLAH Hafiz

ssmatrixpads-1.jpg

ssmatrixpads2-1.jpg

ssmatrixpads1-1.jpg

When I was looking for some new pads end of last season I brought these SS Matrix pads from www.onlinestockist.com ats cricket & Ajit is a really cool dude, did a very good price for the pads & gloves. And so far I used them in 2 matches and few times in nets. Pads are light and very comfortable and protection is excellent. I think these are one of the very best looking pads around. I highly recommend everyone to invest in these high quality pads!! all comments welcome.

Cover Drive said:
Uncle Sam and others what do you think of GM Icon 808 bat for $170 CAD including shippping. It has 9 grains and are fairly straight

There are few dark patches below splice and near toe area. Are they bad?

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

I mean, what do u like about it after having a good knowledge base on cricket bats? Personally, I don't know what the pick and balance is like but I would definitely resist the urge of paying $170.00 for it.

I would rather keep my eyes open to buy a season old Icon DXM L.E for around $200.00

And yes, I have some interaction with Solitaire in the past and know about their custom made G1 for around £100.00 but have not heard any review or feedback on their products.

For softs, I currently have Redback's stuff.. which is perhaps the best I have come across so far.
Also, tried to buy SP gloves, pads and possibly a bat from Younus Khan but it didn't happen. With the courtesy of Mr Peter, I briefly talked to Younus Khan on the phone while he and a few other Pakistani team players were in Australia and were visiting Saxon Sports (YK's kit sponsor SP) in an attempt to buy one of his personal bats but as expected, he wouldn't sell.
My deal with Saxon sports was that if they could help me buy a YK's personal bat, I would buy a full kit from SP but oh well... it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
I mean, what do u like about it after having a good knowledge base on cricket bats? Personally, I don't know what the pick and balance is like but I would definitely resist the urge of paying $170.00 for it.

I would rather keep my eyes open to buy a season old Icon DXM L.E for around $200.00

And yes, I have some interaction with Solitaire in the past and know about their custom made G1 for around £100.00 but have not heard any review or feedback on their products.

For softs, I currently have Redback's stuff.. which is perhaps the best I have come across so far.
Also, tried to buy SP gloves, pads and possibly a bat from Younus Khan but it didn't happen. With the courtesy of Mr Peter, I briefly talked to Younus Khan on the phone while he and a few other Pakistani team players were in Australia and were visiting Saxon Sports (YK's kit sponsor SP) in an attempt to buy one of his personal bats but as expected, he wouldn't sell.
My deal with Saxon sports was that if they could help me buy a YK's personal bat, I would buy a full kit from SP but oh well... it didn't happen.

Uhmm sounds true. Another thing I noticed about this bat is that it is normal GM Icon. I mean it is not GM +.

I agree with you but Uncle Sam it is a bit hard to find good used GM Icon Original LE bats out there

Aren't you on CSF? Lots of people have Solitaire on CSF and they highly rate Roger and his work

Ohh okayy that sucks loll. But don't these players usually give out there bats for free? I mean sometimes I have heard people saying I got this bat from that player or that player. I haven't seen Redbacks soft so I am not too sure about that. why don't you post a picture of them? (If you can) I guess it is fair saying that Mr. Peter did not help you out

Uncle Sam what you do think should I add another $40-$50 and try to get 909 bat or original bat? I mean add another $40-$50 and get a Grade 1 bat. What do you think. The reason why I am after Icon range is because I have GM original LE pads and gloves so they would match really well with them

jazakALLAH Khair/thanks

well, it's your call if u wanna just match the bat with the pads and willing to shed off $200.00... may be you can try to get just the GM L.E. stickers and put it on your favorite bat... cuz buying an online bat may or may not turn out to be a lemon and u will end up not feeling comfortable and supported from your playing bat?

Did u check the chunky piece of willow in Tendu's bat? The edges are obviously huge but look at the spine height.
As Adam Gilchrist, the other day put it during commentary, "These international players get the piece of willow that no one else sees"

Cover Drive said:
Ohh okayy that sucks loll. But don't these players usually give out there bats for free? I mean sometimes I have heard people saying I got this bat from that player or that player.

lol... wouldn't it be nice if that was the case? I remember offering £300.00 to Shahid Afridi a few years ago in England but he wouldn't sell it.
These guys give out usually either the rejected bats or the ones that are no more of use to them.
Also these days, there is a new trend getting popular. These pros hardly ever get their bats knocked in, so the bat life is usually a couple games but the ping is faster than a train.

Make sense Uncle Sam. I have never bought any bat online so I am not really aware of lemon sites out there. Uncle Sam usually I am after making my sets. For instance, I have CA 12K pads, gloves and a bat. In fact the pair of gloves I have are now old model but I have ordered newer model as well

What do you think about this scenario that what if I plan or consider buying a custom G1 Solitaire bat. As far the specs goes what if I give Icon specs such as thick edges, high sweetspot etc and later I can buy Icon stickers.

So far I have never bought any bat personally. By personally I mean I have never bought a bat before trying it to see how it feels

Well, it's a gamble and your chances of getting a deal are good if you are buying from someone with a good reputation and good service.
Since it's not always a good idea to give someone an advise without him asking for one but I would friendly suggest that you should try a Redback Allegiance in G1 in 2.7ish if you look for performance rather than making sets. Send an email to Gary and ask him if he can whittle one for you as money don't seem to be a problem for you. The price may be slightly higher but chances are that you won't like any other bats anymore.

On the hand, if u wanna go for GM stickers than make sure that original (not fake ones) are actually available for sale anywhere?

You can give my reference to Gary and hopefully he will try to give you a lil break if u decide to go for a Redback Allegiance (remember ask him for a chunky G1 in 2.7ish).. you won't be disappointed ....

And also, if u wanna save on shipping (which is a killer) and wait for a couple of months than I am planning to visit UK in May and will pick a couple of custom made bats from Gary, may be I can get one for you as well.

Uhmm sounds good Uncle Sam

I am fully aware of Redbacks bats and its service. He makes incredible bats and impressive bats. I haven't seen alot of Redbacks bats perhaps one or two is answer. If you have one can you post pictures of it?

Your second option seems and sounds great. It also suits the best to me. The reason behind that is that recently I just bought Bubber Sher and few soft ranges as well so I have spent around $400 lately. So my mom will not right away let me buy a bat loll you know what I am trying to say.she is not strict but... So by May I will probably convince her :)

By the way how much does Redbacks bat cost? Just curious to know

Cover Drive said:
I don't remember much of Rahima campus but I remember where I used to play in Dammam loll

Yes I do post alot of CSF. Are you at CSF as well?

BAS bats are very good. Do post pictures

JazakALLAH Khair
ALLAH Hafiz

I read alot on CSF but never post there. I got my BAS through asad at as sports. im a bit of a bat nut like yourself. Where did you see that GM for sale btw? something about those stickers dont look right to me...but could just be me.

btw - i see your in toronto, where do you play? which nets do you go to?

In canada - i think the best bat you can get is at Qasra sports for about 200 bucks. I bough my GN predator (5 star) there before and its actually the best bat i've ever used. its has a feather weight pickup, and hits better than any of my previous bats (CA Gold, Slazenger V200, CA 5000, Ihsan King). and i think the 5 stars are not even grade 1 willow.........

ca_gold said:
I read alot on CSF but never post there. I got my BAS through asad at as sports. im a bit of a bat nut like yourself. Where did you see that GM for sale btw? something about those stickers dont look right to me...but could just be me.

btw - i see your in toronto, where do you play? which nets do you go to?

In canada - i think the best bat you can get is at Qasra sports for about 200 bucks. I bough my GN predator (5 star) there before and its actually the best bat i've ever used. its has a feather weight pickup, and hits better than any of my previous bats (CA Gold, Slazenger V200, CA 5000, Ihsan King). and i think the 5 stars are not even grade 1 willow.........
loll last year was the first time I started playing club cricket so at the begining I wasted money on poor stuff. For instance, I bought GN 3 Star set which I later realized that it is garbage loll

Now I am aware of good stuff out there so InshALLAH I will now buy good stuff in future

Yes, I live in Brampton whereas my club practice at Hagee Sports in Mississauga. I have also practiced with PPers at Hagee. Are you in Toronto as well?

Did you buy GN Predator Five Star for $200? AKPro is selling four star for $210. You got a great deal there. MoYo used Predator as well

Yeah five star bats are not grade 1. They are grade 2

Asad Bhai at AS Sports is pretty good guy

yah i got a five star for $200 bucks. I've know the qasra guy for years, when he first started. so he gave me a good deal. I'd be a little wary of Ak Pro, they seem to get the worst pieces of willow. at least i can tell a differnce in the bats from AK pro vs Qasra. we actually practice just down the street from hagee at khan sports. are you already on a team then? u must be in edcl, are you in premier?

Uncle Sam said:
Top of the line Allegiance will cost around £160.00.. start saving from today.
Really!?!?! Lekka sells there bat for 165 quids including shipping so its not bad.

InshALLAH I will start saving

Last edited:
ca_gold said:
yah i got a five star for $200 bucks. I've know the qasra guy for years, when he first started. so he gave me a good deal. I'd be a little wary of Ak Pro, they seem to get the worst pieces of willow. at least i can tell a differnce in the bats from AK pro vs Qasra. we actually practice just down the street from hagee at khan sports. are you already on a team then? u must be in edcl, are you in premier?
Ohh okayy

Last week my GN 3 Star bat got cracks in it so I called that guy (Johnatan) so he told me to bring the bat in so I will take it to him

Our club used to practice at Khan Sports as well but Hagee's nets are much better by Khan's in terms of width, length etc

Yes I am in EDCL, no I am not in Premier. My old club had a team in premier but this new club which just got formed it is in 5th division. I had horrible first season loll

are there any other indoor nets in Toronto other than Hagee, Khan and CCA?

I went away for 3 weeks and now everything is booked. Any suggestions?

Uncle Sam said:
lol... wouldn't it be nice if that was the case? I remember offering £300.00 to Shahid Afridi a few years ago in England but he wouldn't sell it.
These guys give out usually either the rejected bats or the ones that are no more of use to them.
Also these days, there is a new trend getting popular. These pros hardly ever get their bats knocked in, so the bat life is usually a couple games but the ping is faster than a train.
haha lol

I agree with you these pros these days get the bat for short term rather than long term basis

The new Boom Boom bat seems impressive. InshALLAH I will buy that bat

From what I heard in 2 or 3 week time it might be launched in the market but thats not for sure yet

Premier will be between £180.00 to £200.00.
But there is no need to spend an extra £40 odd.

And yeah, I want one of those boom booms as well but it has to be Afridi's personal bat. I am not interested in off the shelf product.

Here are a couple of pics of redback pads

So what is the additional £40 for?

the pads look nice although they seem a bit too bulky. But how are they in terms of comfort, protection etc

Also how are there gloves? If you have them then how much did you pay for them?

By the way do you have a Redback bat?

Also how do you manage to buy a player bat? Have you bought any players bat in past? If so who and how was the bat?

I hope you don't/didn't mind if I ask(ed) too many question

JazakALLAH Khair/ALLAH Hafiz

Last edited:
Pads aren't bulky unless u compare them with Puma or SP pads and they are unbelievably light and extremely comfortable as well. I don't have the pics of gloves at this moment but will post em some time later.

Last year I bought a Redback Allegiance and wasn't lucky enough to play with it. A team mate snatched it soon as I got it out of my bag and he paid me a lil more than what I had paid for. That's why I am gonna pick 3 to 4 of 'em during my visit to UK as a couple of other friends are desperate to get one. One of these guys has played for team USA and he knows what he is getting.

Uncle Sam said:
Pads aren't bulky unless u compare them with Puma or SP pads and they are unbelievably light and extremely comfortable as well. I don't have the pics of gloves at this moment but will post em some time later.

Last year I bought a Redback Allegiance and wasn't lucky enough to play with it. A team mate snatched it soon as I got it out of my bag and he paid me a lil more than what I had paid for. That's why I am gonna pick 3 to 4 of 'em during my visit to UK as a couple of other friends are desperate to get one. One of these guys has played for team USA and he knows what he is getting.
Ohh okay. I kinda like those Puma pads which McCullum wears. I saw Iridium 6000 pads for $100 which I found quite good price.

Whenever you have time do post the picture

So if I plan and wish to buy one then is mine including in "3 to 4"? Also are these custom made or "newly made bat" (which does not have our own specifications). 160 Pounds is something around $260 CAD. Lekka is offering me a bat for 165 Pounds including shipping and free pair of gloves. But Redback is miles better than Lekka :))

How much are the pads and gloves at Redback?

Atlast Uncle Sam I have never used or seen Redback bat in really but from what I have heard and seen in pictures these bat look impressive. Do you mind reflecting a bit more on its performance etc?

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks mate

Last edited:
What can I say man? The whole bat is a freaking sweet spot.
I met Sangakkara at Gary's workshop a couple of years ago where Sanga was there to pick a couple bats he had ordered. As you know with G1 willow in all top quality bats, there is always a trade off between soft pressed bat with greater ping and shorter life span vs hard pressed with reduction in ping but expanded life span of the bat.... I think it boils down to pick, balance and weight transfer in top bats when compared with each other. And I personally experienced Redback to be in the very top drawer.

Again it sounds impressive

But isn't that true that if you go for hard pressed it won't ping good in the begining but later after certain period of time it will ping like hell?

In this case I would prefer a bat which will last me really long

I saw few pictures of Redback on CSF and in 2.11 it was soo thick and the sweetspot was stunner! I mean it was really long. By long I don't mean long like GM, Kook etc. It is like father of all of these

I will mail Roger today at Solitaire and ask him if he can make a bat like Redback loll but one thing will be for sure that Roger's work will no where near Gary's work

Where do you rate Redback among Salix and Warsop?

Also how many grains do you prefer? I would prefer arounf 8-11 grains because I like little bit of wider grains and like that a bat will last longer as well

Yep, 8 to 10 grains usually have the best performance as an to 8 to 10 years old tree produces a pretty strong, moist and lively timber.
It's pretty hard to differentiate among Pod1, Venom Pro and Allegiance. All three are top stuff... I have heard though that Salix is now produced in India, they just give the final touches in UK to justify the 'made in UK' tag; however, this does not mean the bat is of a poor quality.

I have CA 12000 Plus which I got for $180 and this bat has around 8 grains. Although the ping isn't that great at the moment. I believe it is because these Pakistani bats are hard pressed and take a bit longer to perform because they require more knocking. Am I right here?

Yes I have heard that Salix is being made in India lately. Uhmm I would say bat quality is no longer that great since it is being made in India. GM bats are made in India as wlel but GM top bats such as Original LE that is made in England (as far I have heard)

I haven't seen those three bats in real as no one over here has them but Uncle Sam from pictures I have seen of Salix and Redback, I would say these two will take the top seat

The other day I saw a Salix Fera including shipping to Canada for something around $240. I think it is pretty decent price for Fera

In Sallix I like there Pod 1 (Black) gloves. They look really nice

InshALLAH when I will go to Pakistan in summer I will try to get custom made pads and gloves.

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:

Here you go few review of Solitaire

http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19462&SearchTerms=Solitaire

http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19311&SearchTerms=Solitaire

http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19208&SearchTerms=Solitaire

http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17891&SearchTerms=Solitaire

Hope it helps! I also hope MODS don't mind

u sure it's G1 in those solitaire bats? Profiles looks nice but the weight is around 2.13?

Yeahh I am 100% sure its G1. The willow looks like a top notch as well

What made you think its not G1?

The willow looks good in one of those links.. #2 perhaps. I may be wrong but the bats sound heavy at 2.13. G1 would take around 2.9 - 2.10 to make these bats. Again, that's my personal opinion and I may be wrong.

Yeahh the Watsontotty's is amazing. His piece is impressive! Uhmm they do look a bit heavy for 2.13ish. I mean if you compare redback's 2.13ish with this one Redback certainly has more meat on it

Does anyone remember the Kookaburra Beast with graphite?

That was the best bat I ever used. Unfortunately, if I was still playing cricket, I wouldn't be able to use it - it was banned in 2006. But an amazing piece of willow.

I don't remember that bat vbecause at that time I had no interest whatsoever loll

But yeahh it had carbon strips at the back and it made th ball fly like ROCKET! Wowwow mann

There are carbon strips or those bats out there but they are really hard to find

Uncle Sam said:
The willow looks good in one of those links.. #2 perhaps. I may be wrong but the bats sound heavy at 2.13. G1 would take around 2.9 - 2.10 to make these bats. Again, that's my personal opinion and I may be wrong.
Was speaking to that guy whose bat it is. He said it is 2.10 and he is selling it for $190

Not bad price at alll...I paid $190 for my CA 12000 Plus so...

Last edited:
Easa said:
Does anyone remember the Kookaburra Beast with graphite?

That was the best bat I ever used. Unfortunately, if I was still playing cricket, I wouldn't be able to use it - it was banned in 2006. But an amazing piece of willow.

There is one currently available for sale I think around £100.00

Cover Drive said:
Was speaking to that guy whose bat it is. He said it is 2.10 and he is selling it for $190

Not bad price at alll...I paid $190 for my CA 12000 Plus so...

Yep, the price seems OK but not a really attractive one... Does it include shipping?

Uncle Sam said:
Yep, the price seems OK but not a really attractive one... Does it include shipping?
Within UK yes

Why doesn't it seems very attractive to you?

Prolly cuz I am not a generous buyer and don't need a bat at this moment, plus I consider the gamble factor in buying a bat from internet before I open my wallet. I think it wont be very hard to find this type of bat in this price range.
For me personally, I think $120.00 shipped to U.S/Canada is a price which will be hard to resist.

Oh okay

$120 is too good to be true. It would be really hectic to find a custom made G1 in that price

Honestly to me the price sounds very reasonable. As far gambling factor is concerned Roger is reputable seller and is quite honest as well so at the moment I don't see anything that is worrisome.

But if you are talking about that seller (#2 one) then he is trustworthy as well because I bought my GM Original LE gloves from him for £30

Another thin Uncle Sam how do you rate Pakistani soft good? Where do you rate CA, AS, Ihsan etc in terms of there soft goods.

I personally I dont rate them very high because Pakisiatnii pads are a bit too bulky and are big. I have CA 12K pads which are a bit too big for me so I don't use them anymore. But CA gloves are impressive! I currently have CA 12K gloves (old model now) and those gloves were very good. They were up at the top in terms of protection and comfort. Since I liked them so I have ordered another pair of them but newer model. I have also ordered Ihsan gloves. Majid Bhai told me they are really good and light so I ordered 750 and 950

I think the safety feature is perhaps not a whole lot different in Pakistani or any other brand. It all boils down to fitting and comfort level.. and perhaps 'looks and durability' to a lesser extent.
So it depends from person to person...
I remember meeting Clive Lloyd many many years ago and had the chance to examine his bat... guess how many grips he had on the handle?
9 !!!
I asked why so many grips? He grinned and extended his hand for a handshake... My whole hand disappeared into his palm... those were gigantic hands with extra long fingers. He said, a regular handle's diameter simply won't fit into my hands so I HAVE to put on so many grips to make it comfortable and usable.
So yeah, one should go with whatever he feels comfortable with regardless of the brand and make.
I still think Pakistani made pro stuff is a lot better than many other brands in general.

They do have long fingers so its not really a surprise. Nowdays grips like Aero and Lekka Xtrax are made to be thicker. In other words one properly fitted Aero or Lekka grip feels like two of normal grips. You probably know what I mean. I mean you probably know about these grips

and by Pakistani Pro what range do you mean? Top range? For instance AS V3 in AS?

InshALLAH when I go Pakistan in summer I will get customize gloves loll. I mean I would like to have those

Uncle Sam there is agreat news! My mom has agreed that I can get a bat but she said wait few days. So I am planning to get custom solitaire. What do you think. Few more quids can be added

Cover Drive said:
I like those CA pads. They are very light since they don't have canes in them. I might buy them or I might go for GM RSB.

The new Inferno 550 gloves? They are good gloves as they have pittard leather palm

How are RBK gloves?

Uhmm Indian brand gloves in Pakistan?

Loll did you manage to catch?

Do you mind posting a picture or two of pads as well as the gloves?

I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Here you go sir....

Attachments

• DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 463
  • DSC00160.JPG
    DSC00160.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC00161.JPG
    DSC00161.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC00162.JPG
    DSC00162.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 497
  • DSC00163.JPG
    DSC00163.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 417

Attachments

• DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC00165.JPG
    DSC00165.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC00166.JPG
    DSC00166.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00167.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 422
JazakALLAH Khair for the pictures. All of the gloves pretty good although SS and RBK gloves are fake. But still who care if they are fake as long they feel good and offer good protection.

Those CA 10K pads look awesome!

Omair Bhai you have got yourself good stuff there. I hhope it goes really well for you

Good luck!

Omair Bhai how light are Inferno gloves compare to other ones?

Also they have pittard leather palm right? Since they are new model I am pretty sure they do.

Ohh another thing Omair Bhai do you want to play cricket with fellow PPers? Indoor?

i was looking through the bats at this page only, and the one uncle sam posted the Talisman one, thats not of good quality mate, 29 grains means high chances of it breaking/cracking...

ideal bat should have 8-12 vertical grains... god help u if u manage to buy a bat with horizontal grains... the straighter the grains the better (but not straight lines either lolz) ... there shouldnt be a big colour shift/difference... for eg. if its half bleached/half baked/brown vertically... than its chances of breaking/cracking/crappy shot momentum are high... toe guards is always a good idea... no matter what u r told, factory ready/knocked etc, u must knock in ur bat, dont take it straight to games... take it to practice, start from spin, medium, than fast bowling is ideal.... oiling depends on the countries u r from... keep the bat away from garages or washrooms or laundryrooms, or where moisture is existent... it will ruin the bat or its stroke play... make sure handles are always flexible or have ice ready for ur hands/arms afterwards... always buy ur bat urself coz no one else knows whats right for u (size/weight/feel)... never worry about stickers on a bat... u should be concerned about the wood not the sticker... lots of fake bats out there esp in canada/us/uk... be careful... thats it for now, i'll post more later if anything i forgot or want to add...

when buying a new bat dont get adhesive tape for facing on the bat done for u... have them sent it with the bat but not installed on the bat, they could potentially hide any damage on the bat.... also make sure the bat dont have any wood-age telling chunks in there... that's bad willow... dont place ur bat in over heated areas aswell... like leaving it in the trunk when its like hell outside... dont throw it around... dont use it with/against cheap balls... and bats are not meant to fly, nor endure smashingly pain, so if u score a duck or had a brain fart out there, dont blame the bat for it :ibutt

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
JazakALLAH Khair for the pictures. All of the gloves pretty good although SS and RBK gloves are fake. But still who care if they are fake as long they feel good and offer good protection.

Those CA 10K pads look awesome!

Omair Bhai you have got yourself good stuff there. I hhope it goes really well for you

Good luck!

Uzair, yes the SS and RBK are fake but you don't expect to get original gloves in Pakistan anyway other than the local brands like CA, Ihsan etc.

The SS and RBK are for the team so I didn't really worry about the authencity of them as people often don't have their own equipment.

How do you like the Ihsan gloves?? They feel very comfortable and I am not sure what pittard leather is???

Cover Drive said:
Omair Bhai how light are Inferno gloves compare to other ones?

Also they have pittard leather palm right? Since they are new model I am pretty sure they do.

Ohh another thing Omair Bhai do you want to play cricket with fellow PPers? Indoor?

Sure....where do you guys play? Also, are there any indoor nets in Toronto?

xkalibur80 said:
Uzair, yes the SS and RBK are fake but you don't expect to get original gloves in Pakistan anyway other than the local brands like CA, Ihsan etc.

The SS and RBK are for the team so I didn't really worry about the authencity of them as people often don't have their own equipment.

How do you like the Ihsan gloves?? They feel very comfortable and I am not sure what pittard leather is???
Ohh okay so you are making a new club. Which league are you making in? I am assuming your club has been approved by league as our club which is also newly made has been approved by EDCL

Personally I haven't used any Ihsan gloves so far but I have ordered two pairs. But from what I have hear they are great. They offer good protection, they are quite light compare to other Pakistani brand gloves. Pittard leather is good leather. It is better than normal palms which are calf

xkalibur80 said:
Sure....where do you guys play? Also, are there any indoor nets in Toronto?

We play at Hagee Sports. Uhmm I am not sure about indoors in Toronto but in Brampton there is Bali Sports and in Mississauga there are Hagee, Khan etc. Bali is cheapest out of all three of them

There is a thread called "Canadian PP Big Bash..." so go to that thread for more information.

JazakALLAH Khair

uncle sam and cover drive u r welcome...

the grains/wood/color etc these just tell you what may happen to ur investment in that bat... it doesnt necessarily mean that, say for eg that Talisman bat uncle sam posted, that bat will break on its first ball played no... it just means that if a bat with 10 grains will play 50 overs life, than this bat may have 20-30 with its 29 grains... or in the odd occasion prob just 10 or below or maybe 50 or more... but the chances do increase of it having a shorter life compared to other bats... also another crucial thing is how u play with it (shot selections)... if u chase wild deliveries or miss hit a lot, than it doesnt matter what kinda bat u have, it is facing moderate chances of breaking/chipping...

my best bat was the INZI 329 which i bought for $350... sara-wak 9 cane handle, 2-10 weight 10 grains with slight curve lines, english will, it was a beauty with a monster sweet spot... it fell victim to my angry state... in that game i still remember we bowled first, i had a wkt off the first ball, and than went on to get a 5 for 32 in 10 and we conceded 244... and when it came to batting we had a mini collapse and i walked in with sheer determination and attitude to play out the innings, and i was at only 8 when my partner moranically ran me out... it was his call as he hit to mid off, calls for a single, i obliged, and he pulled a salman butt on me saying NO with 2 lazy strides forward, i was half way down, turned back to only realize he had hit it to the fielder's hands... hence following his brain fart, i had my own, smashed my bat a bit to hard in the ground (causing the handle to become loose) cause i was having an amazing game until that part... ahhh good ol memories...

So baalti which bats do you currently have?

CA doesn't make Inzi329 anymore but I have also heard it was hell of a bat

Uncle Sam and others how is this bat. Is it worth for $170 CAD (around 100 Pounds)? To me it doesn't seem G1

Please let me know what you guys think...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 439
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 409
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 422
Status
Not open for further replies.